Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro

• Thread starter daan
  • 2,329 comments
Has anyone heard of firmware updates causing the unit to not turn on?

My random disconnects have progressed into the power button of the unit sometimes not working.
I had the 'Not turning on' issue just once, and it was a while ago. I can't remember the exact order of events, but looking back through my old posts I can work it out.

Randomly one day it just wouldn't turn on, it was like the wiring to the power button on the wheelbase had been disconnected. Then, after taking my rig apart and generally messing around, it started working again. It has never done it again since. Incidentally I never clear the power after turning off, and I can't even see the power brick, which is deep in my rig, so I never know what the light on that is doing.

That was back in September and I mentioned it here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fanatec-gran-turismo-dd-pro.402448/post-14102427

Then, in November, I had another little issue - all the buttons on the wheel suddenly stopped working mid race for no reason. I'm sure it wasn't anything to do with the shaft as I had already checked and re-torqued that. Again, it only did it once.

I also posted about that: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fanatec-gran-turismo-dd-pro.402448/post-14143909

At some point during that period I did update firmware on everything, and I did struggle.... it wouldn't update, and I messed around for ages including completely removing the Fanatec software from my laptop and starting again. I think the problem was a really stupid one.... if I remember correctly I was using the wrong cable between the wheel base and my laptop, probably from my phone. When I used the supplied cable it updated perfectly.

Since then it has been fine with no further issues, although there is something really bugging me. At startup the display on the wheel should show the Fanatec 'F'. Mine does show, but only for a split second - like it flashes up, but so quickly you can only just see it, and then it shows the serial number and firmware version, and then blank/nothing until I'm actually racing when it shows gear/speed as it should.

I posted about that (in the wrong thread): https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ailable-to-pre-order-now.423450/post-14151475

At the time @SimRacer925 said the F should only show for 60 seconds, and I'm pretty sure thats what mine did, but it doesn't now!

And then I posted again, in the correct thread: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fanatec-gran-turismo-dd-pro.402448/post-14171843

and in that one @Abarth_71 said his does the same as mine.

So, how is your Fanatec 'F', and how long does it show up for? (That question is open to anyone!)

I got a bit of footage of my boot up and potential Fanatec 'F' problem, blink and you will miss it!

@SimRacer925
@Abarth_71

Is everyone else's the same?

It's definitely due to the firmware updates. I went to help a mate set up his DD Pro and before I updated his gear the F showed up for ages, after it was the same as mine, blink and you'll miss it.

Finally got my CS DD+ base that I ordered back in Oct 2023! Currently running FFB at 60% (9nm) and its still way stronger than my GT DD Pro 8nm. Its nice to have that much power and the extra headroom - if ever needed. It's also very smooth and response is fast! My heavier rim Clubsport RS feels so much better with the extra NM - so far its a great Base and thats without even trying Fullforce yet - hopefully the game devs release patches soon to incorporate it!

Currently using Abarth_71 GT DD Pro settings on my DD+ as it feels the best compared to Fanatecs GT DD Pro and Podium settings - Fanatec have yet to provide settings for the DD+. Will likely tinker with the settings over the weekend.

So far its a great purchase and works great with the CS RS, CS Formula v2.5 and CSL Elite McL GT3 v2 wheels.

After having owned and gone from Logitech G Pro DD to the GT DD Pro and now CS DD+ I will hopefully be content for years to come....

Last edited:
Finally got my CS DD+ base that I ordered back in Oct 2023! Currently running FFB at 60% (9nm) and its still way stronger than my GT DD Pro 8nm. Its nice to have that much power and the extra headroom - if ever needed. It's also very smooth and response is fast! My heavier rim Clubsport RS feels so much better with the extra NM - so far its a great Base and thats without even trying Fullforce yet - hopefully the game devs release patches soon to incorporate it!

Currently using Abarth_71 GT DD Pro settings on my DD+ as it feels the best compared to Fanatecs GT DD Pro and Podium settings - Fanatec have yet to provide settings for the DD+. Will likely tinker with the settings over the weekend.

So far its a great purchase and works great with the CS RS, CS Formula v2.5 and CSL Elite McL GT3 v2 wheels.

After having owned and gone from Logitech G Pro DD to the GT DD Pro and now CS DD+ I will hopefully be content for years to come....
First of all congrats to your new Wheelbase, awesome. The never ending story did finally come to an end. As far as I know you are the first Planeteer besides @Jordan who's come to hold this piece of masterful engineering in his hands.
So I'd like to ask you a question.
I couldn't find any info on the following.

How far is the distance with the Wheel attached from the shaft on the base to the wheel rim itself compared to the GT DD Pro?
Did you had to update the Base before usage or was it just a plug and play thing.
Looking forward to your answers and yeah, enjoy your new Toy.

First of all congrats to your new Wheelbase, awesome. The never ending story did finally come to an end. As far as I know you are the first Planeteer besides @Jordan who's come to hold this piece of masterful engineering in his hands.
So I'd like to ask you a question.
I couldn't find any info on the following.

How far is the distance with the Wheel attached from the shaft on the base to the wheel rim itself compared to the GT DD Pro?
Did you had to update the Base before usage or was it just a plug and play thing.
Looking forward to your answers and yeah, enjoy your new Toy.
Yep, it took a verrrry long time indeed - glad it's finally here!!!

I will need to measure distance tomorrow - but its no problem at all compared to GT DD Pro, but DD+ is slightly shorter in the stem / shaft - using mine on this wheelstand; tested with max torque, all good but it was difficult to turn the wheel with the torque that high - 15NM ;)

Before use, I updated the DD+ Base (no wheel attached) using 455 drivers (as recommended by Fanatec), then it updated any wheels I had --- it then asks you to --REMOVE-- any wheels, if still attached, to allow for the QR2 to be updated. All went well without issue and working fine on PS5. NB....Before installing the 455 package on my PC, I uninstalled the previous version (I had 453 installed).

We now need Abarth_71 to get his DD+ so we can tweak the settings - so far his GT DD Pro settings work well but there is some oscillation....I will need to adjust slightly.

Last edited:
Yep, it took a verrrry long time indeed - glad it's finally here!!!

I will need to measure distance tomorrow - but its no problem at all compared to GT DD Pro, but DD+ is slightly shorter - using mine on this wheelstand; tested with max torque, all good but it was difficult to turn the wheel with the torque that high - 15NM ;)

Before use, I updated the DD+ Base (no wheel attached) using 455 drivers (as recommended by Fanatec), then it updated any wheels I had --- it then asks you to --REMOVE-- any wheels, if still attached, to allow for the QR2 to be updated. All went well without issue and working fine on PS5. NB....Before installing the 455 package on my PC, I uninstalled the previous version (I had 453 installed).

We now need Abarth_71 to get his DD+ so we can tweak the settings - so far his GT DD Pro settings work well but there is some oscillation....need to adjust slightly.
Thank you for the clarification Sir.
That's what I was assuming too by looking at it and I would really appreciate it if you could add the measurements you mentioned you'd do.
In regards of the FFB Settings, well, let me try to put it this way.
Do what YOU feel and think suits YOUR specific needs.
There is no right or wrong when it comes to setting up the FFB.
It's about what feels RIGHT for YOU and specifically for YOU.
EVERYONE has a different approach which sensations one is looking for to get to a specific driving experience.

Some prefer Lighter Wheels some the opposite.
Others want to replicate and filter out the tires for example, others will be looking for the optimal feel of the suspension and chassis dynamics.
Some prefer to get the most out of road and surface feel...
At the end of the day setting up the FFB is absolutely and very individual like some are strictly after simply being as quick as possible which again is absolutely OK.
No right or wrong no simple copy and paste.
It's a process.
A long or short one, depending on understanding what u want and which knobs and buttons to twist and turn to get it how you want it to feel.

It's a fine balance, a balad.

There's so much to take into consideration...not just the base itself.
How is it mounted, where is it mounted your seating your arm position... Which wheel and pedals etc.

To give you a little background I play Gran Turismo with Racing Wheels for almost 25years.
Since the first ever available GT/Wheel Bundle in 2001 I guess it was.
So excuse my enthusiasm 😅

But FFB is such a highly misunderstood thing especially these days with this High-end Equipment we get to use nowadays.
Yet, its never been that easy to get the best driving experience.
IF you know what and how FFB is meant to replicate and especially HOW certain games communicate it.

I have absolutely no doubt that you'll enjoy your new base in the best possible way... You have all the tools provided... But don't just simply copy /paste someones settings and expect them to be perfect for you.
That's usually not how it works

But once you've balanced my so called triangle of passion, the fine play between Tires/Suspension/Weight Transfer, then GT7 becomes unbeatable. Simply unrivaled.
At least on Console that's for sure.

Damn, I've once again lost myself in GT7 and FFB excursion 🤣

Good luck and don't forget to give me that numbers please 👍

Cheers

I will need to measure distance tomorrow - but its no problem at all compared to GT DD Pro, but DD+ is slightly shorter ;)
I would like to ask a question as well, if you don't mind please? How long is the complete length from the back of the wheelbase to the wheel compared to DD Pro?

My rig has zero adjustment and I'm hoping I can just bolt the DD x on and the wheel will be in the same position as it was with the DD Pro, which I think it will, but it would be nice to know for sure!

Attachments

• 20220427_110717.jpg
    20220427_110717.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 12
I would like to ask a question as well, if you don't mind please? How long is the complete length from the back of the wheelbase to the wheel compared to DD Pro?

My rig has zero adjustment and I'm hoping I can just bolt the DD x on and the wheel will be in the same position as it was with the DD Pro, which I think it will, but it would be nice to know for sure!
DD+

DD Pro

Last edited:

DSC01694.JPG

Thanks dude.... there is some very helpful information there.
From what I can see I can just mount it using the same holes as the DD Pro and it should be fine.

Thanks dude.... there is some very helpful information there.
From what I can see I can just mount it using the same holes as the DD Pro and it should be fine.
You should be fine as the DD+ has the same adjustability as DD Pro. The DD+ went on my stand the same as DD Pro but I moved the Base unit forward slightly, on the mounted t-nuts, to get a similar wheel distance from my seating position. You can compare with my DD Pro / DD+ setups below:

DD+
IMG_1022.jpeg

IMG_1026.jpeg

DD Pro
IMG_2456.jpeg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Maybe a stupid observation and maybe I'm just continuously getting better but does anyone notice a better feel in the last couple weeks? Like they updated the physics a little? Just seems like I have a better feel for subtle things that maybe I didn't before. I can't even put a finger on what exactly what it is that feels better.

@MetalApe could you tell us when they respond to your RMA. The boards over there say 7-14 days for any sort of response..which is bad..thanks!
For a final update, it would have been delivered back to me last Thursday, except I was away so arranged collection for Saturday instead. Quite handy that one and half weeks of the down time I was away on holiday, with the wheel ready for collection when I got back. Great to be back into the Dailys this morning for the weeks new races.

Has GT7 1.43 update nerfed FFB max torque for Clubsport DD+?
Seems to be weaker than before the update!
@PirovacBoy mentioned it over on the other thread, and yes... it is a thing!
Take up the story here....

@PirovacBoy mentioned it over on the other thread, and yes... it is a thing!
Take up the story here....

Thanks - DD+ FFB all sorted from using some of the settings in that forum.

Back