Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro

• Thread starter daan
  • 2,339 comments
I guess this is actually for the Pro Express version. I got the Pro Premium, so all I got was the silly $20 discount.
No it's the regular 5nm version that's normally 700, but with the express version they send it now, and they took the price down with €/$ 100 !!! That's plain unfair for people who just bought it before it got cheaper.

This should be fixed now.
Would you know how long it takes for a refund to be refunded to my paypal account? I want to place a new order but I need the refund first.

Last edited:
No it's the regular 5nm version that's normally 700, but with the express version they send it now, and they took the price down with €/$ 100 !!! That's plain unfair for people who just bought it before it got cheaper.

Would you know how long it takes for a refund to be refunded to my paypal account? I want to place a new order but I need the refund first.
Refund took about a day for me

I'm going to buy a really low budget wheel until TM comes out with their new DD offering in hopes of some direct comparison or competition.

it irks me to also realize I may be without a wheel when GT7 ships, no matter, I won't be in a rush with this game until some 5~10 software patches in. I may actually learn to use the haptic dual sense , if they can release a dummy wheel to insert it, that too would work for the masses.
There is a good reason that DD bases have never come out with such low torque, and it's because it's simply not enough. I have the CSL DD and DD1 podium, the CSL DD is packed up ready for resale, the overall detail can not be achieved with a peak torque of 8nm it just doesn't give The feel that a DD should have. With the Thrustmaster DD coming with their low build quality I highly doupt that it will be any good

I think 5nm would be enough for me, coming from the much weaker G27 where I already use twinkle finger settings like Kimi Raikkonen. The higher force settings on a G27 is too heavy to be quick, but it also over saturates to the point where no detail is felt, it's just heavy. I think if a DD wheel is putting out huge peak forces you risk just making yourself slower when having to react quickly, if the resistance is too high or peaking a lot you will be fighting the wheel. Higher dynamic range gives you more scope to differentiate one effect from another so you can feel more parts of the car, but for me I'd not make any use of any high peaks, I run the G27 at like 60% in the profiler.

£150 is also a hell of a lot of money for a power supply, I feel like they must be underpricing the wheelbase in order to overcharge on accessories. All the above is theoretical though, I could try the 8nm and change my mind completely but I feel like sims already give more through the wheel than any real car I've driven, as you feel it all through the chassis and the pedals.

Watched some reviews on this wheel and they all comment that it's super smooth with amazing detail, I'd imagine criticisms above are basing their comparisons on much, much more expensive wheels?

Last edited:
I bought the Fanatec GT and wait up to March, because I only play fot Gt7 for a long time then. Not worth that 50€ to receive the parcel just some time earlier.

For the NM question, I think after switching from a Logitech G29 5 NM will be enough for the first time. I just have a Playseat Challenge and I then the next step this year I like tohave my own simrig.

I bought the Fanatec GT and wait up to March, because I only play fot Gt7 for a long time then. Not worth that 50€ to receive the parcel just some time earlier.

For the NM question, I think after switching from a Logitech G29 5 NM will be enough for the first time. I just have a Playseat Challenge and I then the next step this year I like tohave my own simrig.
I think you avoid clipping best by using 1/1 in GT Sport for ffb settings. With the G29 that's stupid light, but I get the best feel for what the car is up to. 1/1 with 8 Nm should be super nice. (I'll know on Tuesday.)

I think you avoid clipping best by using 1/1 in GT Sport for ffb settings. With the G29 that's stupid light, but I get the best feel for what the car is up to. 1/1 with 8 Nm should be super nice. (I'll know on Tuesday.)
I am using the 8Nm at the moment for GT Sport and I have the in game setting at 4/1, and it is very nice at that setting. Just now I change my the in game at 1/1 to try your settings for GT Sport and the DD Pro way to easy to steer, using in game at 4/1 it is nice smooth to turn into corners.

Last edited:
Has anyone's GT DD Pro express version order placed yesterday (1/20) been processed? Just curious if that "no orders will be shipped between Jan. 18. - Jan. 30" statement on the US site is true.

CBH
I am using the 8Nm at the moment for GT Sport and I have the in game setting at 4/1, and it is very nice at that setting. Just now I change my the in game at 1/1 to try your settings for GT Sport and the DD Pro way to easy to steer, using in game at 4/1 it is nice smooth to turn into corners.
Are you doing daily race c, Spa in heavy rain? When is it easier to feel where the edge of grip is, with 1/1 or 4/1?
Also, with fast high downforce cars, going into turns, with which setting is it easier to feel the G-forces gradually build up?
I saw a video with Igor Fraga using 1/1 with the Gr.X Red Bull competition car...
Has anyone's GT DD Pro express version order placed yesterday (1/20) been processed? Just curious if that "no orders will be shipped between Jan. 18. - Jan. 30" statement on the US site is true.
I ordered mine on Thursday evening. It's arriving on Tuesday. That's in Sweden.

Are you doing daily race c, Spa in heavy rain? When is it easier to feel where the edge of grip is, with 1/1 or 4/1?
Also, with fast high downforce cars, going into turns, with which setting is it easier to feel the G-forces gradually build up?
I saw a video with Igor Fraga using 1/1 with the Gr.X Red Bull competition car...
No l have not done the daily race c at Spa as yet, but I send a pm.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Fanatec Offers $100 Discount for Gran Turismo DD Pro Express Version

Fanatec has surprisingly reduced the cost of its express air freight package for the new Gran Turismo DD Pro wheel by $100/€100, meaning players can get hold of the direct drive wheel before Gran Turismo 7 launches for just $50/€50 extra...
Traductionhow many days is the delivery time with the express ship option

Last edited by a moderator:
twiddles thumbs waiting for a standalone base to be made available :)

--

Also, apparently it's free ;)

1642868197964.png

I checked, the cart has the proper price if you add the bundle.

Last edited:
Has anyone who ordered an express bundle before the price drop reached out to fanatec about refunding the $100? Kinda pissed that I could've waited two more weeks and got the bundle for only $50 more than retail. Feeling ripped off right now.

Has anyone who ordered an express bundle before the price drop reached out to fanatec about refunding the $100? Kinda pissed that I could've waited two more weeks and got the bundle for only $50 more than retail. Feeling ripped off right now.
I heard someone say they sent an email to fanatec and got refunded the €100 But I don't know when he bought it.

I just ordered the base express version. I have used Logitechs for the past fifteen years so I am eager to feel the difference and will report my impressions.

It's bare bones accessory-wise so my upgrade schedule will be this:

1. Clubsport Handbrake (I play lots of rally)
  2. Load cell brake (and get my clutch pedal back)
  3. Sequential shifter
  4. M-Sport Puma Rally1 wheel
  5. Boost pack (if I ever upgrade my folding Next Level GT Lite)
  6. H-pattern shifter
Boy oh boy, that's a huge wad of cash...

I just ordered the base express version. I have used Logitechs for the past fifteen years so I am eager to feel the difference and will report my impressions.

It's bare bones accessory-wise so my upgrade schedule will be this:

1. Clubsport Handbrake (I play lots of rally)
  2. Load cell brake (and get my clutch pedal back)
  3. Sequential shifter
  4. M-Sport Puma Rally1 wheel
  5. Boost pack (if I ever upgrade my folding Next Level GT Lite)
  6. H-pattern shifter
Boy oh boy, that's a huge wad of cash...
I have use Logitech in the past, and you will definitely know the difference 🙂.

I mailed them and received the answer that there will be no refund. The reason I ordered earlier for the higher costs was that I wanted it before GT7 would be released, and this was advertised as the only way. I'm disappointed with the answer, I was hoping for either the same deal or at least some store credit.

I mailed them and received the answer that there will be no refund. The reason I ordered earlier for the higher costs was that I wanted it before GT7 would be released, and this was advertised as the only way. I'm disappointed with the answer, I was hoping for either the same deal or at least some store credit.
When have you placed/recieved your order ?

someone on reddit seemed to have succeeded:

Latest Posts

Back