Fanatec Podium Direct Drive Wheel Base Thread

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by super_gt, Sep 14, 2017.

1. super_gt

super_gt

We will show the first Podium product at the Simracing Expo: Our new direct drive wheel base.

Introducing the new Fanatec Podium Series.

The Podium products will be our hardcore range of products and positioned above the ClubSport Series. Of course the compatibility throughout the whole product palette will remain.

We try to set new standards in terms of functionality, performance and durability combined with the typical Fanatec attributes plug&play comfort, compatibility and a great price performance.

Link

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    gt_fan, Mad1723 and c4rLo5 like this.
  2. Mad1723

Mad1723 Premium

Popcorn time, this will be good!

super_gt likes this.
  3. PzR Slim

PzR Slim Premium

Woo, hoo! DD wheel here I come.

super_gt likes this.
  4. Dopplegagger

Dopplegagger

I'm just here for the news. I know all of the Podium products will be too rich for my blood. Since the name of this line of products is Podium, I think I will patiently wait for the Arm Chair or Nosebleed Seats lines of products from Fanatec. LOL.

Mr Tree, Revoy, PzR Slim and 2 others like this.
  5. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

super_gt likes this.
  6. PzR Slim

PzR Slim Premium

This could be a game changer in the DD wheel market. For people like myself who are already heavily invested in the Fanatec ecosystem it's probably going to be a no brainer. If only Sony hadn't been such ass hats and had allowed PS4 compatibility via the wheel rim rather than the wheel base like MS have we would have a DD solution for all three platforms. Just got to hope that Cronusmax or Drivehub add support for this wheel.

7. GTsimms

GTsimms

Interesting!!! Starting to look at DD wheels. Since, Fanatec and TM have announced. I am interested in the comparison with the other DD wheels available.

8. XXI

XXI Premium

Can't wait to see it, or the price point.
    Hopefully this will help drive down DD prices further.
    I would assume it will come in around $1000.
    Trying to apply for the beta test, the only application I can find is in german.
    Is there an english app?

9. paskowitz

paskowitz

What are CSW V2 bases going for now?

10. AGP5000

AGP5000

yo pasko, been a while. I've seen from 350-550 on iracing forums as of late for V2 bases.

My beta V1 base, serial #00000011 is still running strong:cheers:. Can't wait to see what is in store here.

Dopplegagger likes this.
  11. skazz

skazz

So, time to speculate...

Pricing for Fanatec bases changed a few months back with the CSW coming down, to the current:
    - CSL Elite (PC/Xbox One only) : €320
    - CSW v2.5 (PC/Xbox One only) : €550

I could be optimistic and suggest a natural progression means the DD base drops in at €800, but I suspect the price will be closer to €1200 :)

12. F Inferno

F Inferno

Going by what has been said it will be comparable to the Accuforce price wise which I imagine will be the base model.

I'm guessing:

~15nm = €900
    ~ 20nm = €1300
    ~ 30nm = €2000

Maybe a new wheel rim for €500-€600 bringing it into a similar range as the Accuforce with rim but with Fanatec's unmatched styling, I'll be surprised if it's cheaper than the Accuforce though. I'm very interested to see what asthetic they have gone with.

BuckFly likes this.
  13. super_gt

super_gt

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Без име.png

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    Whitestar, gt_fan, BuckFly and 4 others like this.
  14. PzR Slim

PzR Slim Premium

Love the fact that they wrapped it like it's a new car being test driven. Just some details, a release date and price now!

OneEyedJohnny, K_Soze, Knukel and 3 others like this.
  15. F Inferno

F Inferno

Damn that looks like a serious piece of kit, not sure my next level rig would take the forces :odd:

BuckFly and super_gt like this.
  16. super_gt

super_gt

About four hours from the start of the live broadcast:
    (in German)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    BuckFly likes this.
  17. zr1chris

zr1chris

For those of you buying this.... Better start hitting the gym. That thing looks like it's going to rip peoples arms off lol.

I'm gonna guess around $1,500...

BuckFly, ron24 and lancia delta hf like this.
  18. Dopplegagger

Dopplegagger

While I like how neat and tidily it's packaged, I hope the cammo finish isn't the only way it looks when on sale. It would be a sweet option, one that I wouldn't take, but it would be a nice option. One thing comes to mind though. This is probably one of those products where, if one were to ask about it's price; then that person cannot afford it. Right?

Mr Tree, BenMillard and BuckFly like this.
  19. nrosko

nrosko

That wrapping just makes it look a bit unfinished, i guess they are still working on the final design for the box. Size wise it doesn't look too bad when you consider its one box. Hope we get some more info soon been really looking forward to this news.

Dopplegagger likes this.
  20. skazz

skazz

I think they just wrapped it so that the first official photos of the wheel will be controlled press photos at the launch presentation.

BuckFly likes this.
  21. paskowitz

paskowitz

That has to be the most serious wheel mounting mechanism I have ever seen. Oh, I guess the wheel base is nice as well.

My hope for this wheel is an entry model around $1000. $2000 will be too much for me, unless Fanatec starts "Fanatec Financing Ltd." I'll likely have to buy a new sim rig as well.

BuckFly and Dopplegagger like this.
  22. super_gt

super_gt

Translation-special thanks to Albert Muller!

Heyho hristo,
    a few words about this interview with Thomas ... and sorry, english isnt my mother tongue
    2 different versions of Fanatecs DD wheel will be available and can be tested at Simracing EXPO. Both versions of Fanatecs Podium-Wheelbases differ in strength and price. Thomas mentioned compatibility of all Fanatec wheels with DD- Wheelbases and announced other simracingperipherals of Fanatecs Podium (hardcore) series like wheels, pedals, shifter or handbrake.
    Thomas underlined the collaboration with Porsche and he "gave us a secret" about developing brandnew Porsche Wheels
    A community event will possibly take place in November, where simracing community will be able to compare Fantecs brandnew DD-wheel to other simracing competitors.
    Thomas said that prices of DD-Wheels will be within the expected range of the simracing community. Nothing new about release date ... its ready when its ready, like Thomas said.
    Greetings

Link

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  23. BuckFly

BuckFly

Thank you super_gt.

super_gt likes this.
  24. super_gt

super_gt

25. BuckFly

BuckFly

I was previously thinking $1,200 for the lower priced model,

I am now thinking $1,500-$1,600 for the lower one, possibly $2,100-$2,200 for the top end.

With reasons given as to why it is more than the AF2 ($1,200, if memory serves?).

26. super_gt

super_gt

AccuForce Pro V2 is $1,299
    :)

BuckFly likes this.
  27. Dopplegagger

Dopplegagger

So that motor is Fanatec's own design, right? It looks pretty serious if you ask me.

BuckFly and super_gt like this.
  28. PzR Slim

PzR Slim Premium

Someone over at RD had this to say.

Dopplegagger, BuckFly and super_gt like this.
  29. super_gt

super_gt

Yes

Link

Dopplegagger and BuckFly like this.
  30. BuckFly

BuckFly

I was already frightened of it, Pz. That didn't help.

I'm not nearly man enough for that wheel...or am I?!

...probably not.

Dopplegagger likes this.