Fanatec Podium Direct Drive Wheel Bases Thread

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 3,717 comments
Bulgaria
Bulgaria
Podium Racing Wheel F1- officially licensed for PS4
Podium Wheel Base DD1-this product is not compatible to any PlayStation console and cannot be upgraded to achieve compatibility
Podium Wheel Base DD2-this product is not compatible to any PlayStation console and cannot be upgraded to achieve compatibility

Podium Mounting Brackets
Podium Kill Switch

Podium Wheel Bases - All the Info you need

Side mounts: M8, no more than 20mm deep
Bottom mounts: M6, no more than 12mm deep
Front mounts(for accessories): M6, no more than 10mm deep.

Last edited:
This could be a game changer in the DD wheel market. For people like myself who are already heavily invested in the Fanatec ecosystem it's probably going to be a no brainer. If only Sony hadn't been such ass hats and had allowed PS4 compatibility via the wheel rim rather than the wheel base like MS have we would have a DD solution for all three platforms. Just got to hope that Cronusmax or Drivehub add support for this wheel.

Interesting!!! Starting to look at DD wheels. Since, Fanatec and TM have announced. I am interested in the comparison with the other DD wheels available.

Can't wait to see it, or the price point.
Hopefully this will help drive down DD prices further.
I would assume it will come in around $1000.
Trying to apply for the beta test, the only application I can find is in german.
Is there an english app?

yo pasko, been a while. I've seen from 350-550 on iracing forums as of late for V2 bases.

My beta V1 base, serial #00000011 is still running strong:cheers:. Can't wait to see what is in store here.

So, time to speculate...

Pricing for Fanatec bases changed a few months back with the CSW coming down, to the current:
- CSL Elite (PC/Xbox One only) : €320
- CSW v2.5 (PC/Xbox One only) : €550

I could be optimistic and suggest a natural progression means the DD base drops in at €800, but I suspect the price will be closer to €1200 :)

Going by what has been said it will be comparable to the Accuforce price wise which I imagine will be the base model.

I'm guessing:

~15nm = €900
~ 20nm = €1300
~ 30nm = €2000

Maybe a new wheel rim for €500-€600 bringing it into a similar range as the Accuforce with rim but with Fanatec's unmatched styling, I'll be surprised if it's cheaper than the Accuforce though. I'm very interested to see what asthetic they have gone with.

21761391_1592396604116857_7565258870568268970_n.jpg

21433035_1592396580783526_4294730742174749419_n.jpg

b3c74e7032f21dd8766c11fca51341.jpg

7f95602f44873272228a0f0c7dbf41.jpg

Без име.png

Last edited:
While I like how neat and tidily it's packaged, I hope the cammo finish isn't the only way it looks when on sale. It would be a sweet option, one that I wouldn't take, but it would be a nice option. One thing comes to mind though. This is probably one of those products where, if one were to ask about it's price; then that person cannot afford it. Right?

That wrapping just makes it look a bit unfinished, i guess they are still working on the final design for the box. Size wise it doesn't look too bad when you consider its one box. Hope we get some more info soon been really looking forward to this news.

That wrapping just makes it look a bit unfinished, i guess they are still working on the final design for the box. Size wise it doesn't look too bad when you consider its one box. Hope we get some more info soon been really looking forward to this news.
I think they just wrapped it so that the first official photos of the wheel will be controlled press photos at the launch presentation.

That has to be the most serious wheel mounting mechanism I have ever seen. Oh, I guess the wheel base is nice as well.

My hope for this wheel is an entry model around $1000. $2000 will be too much for me, unless Fanatec starts "Fanatec Financing Ltd." I'll likely have to buy a new sim rig as well.

About four hours from the start of the live broadcast:
(in German)

Translation-special thanks to Albert Muller!

Heyho hristo,
a few words about this interview with Thomas ... and sorry, english isnt my mother tongue
2 different versions of Fanatecs DD wheel will be available and can be tested at Simracing EXPO. Both versions of Fanatecs Podium-Wheelbases differ in strength and price. Thomas mentioned compatibility of all Fanatec wheels with DD- Wheelbases and announced other simracingperipherals of Fanatecs Podium (hardcore) series like wheels, pedals, shifter or handbrake.
Thomas underlined the collaboration with Porsche and he "gave us a secret" about developing brandnew Porsche Wheels
A community event will possibly take place in November, where simracing community will be able to compare Fantecs brandnew DD-wheel to other simracing competitors.
Thomas said that prices of DD-Wheels will be within the expected range of the simracing community. Nothing new about release date ... its ready when its ready, like Thomas said.
Greetings

Link

Last edited:
I was previously thinking $1,200 for the lower priced model,

I am now thinking $1,500-$1,600 for the lower one, possibly $2,100-$2,200 for the top end.

With reasons given as to why it is more than the AF2 ($1,200, if memory serves?).

So that motor is Fanatec's own design, right?
Yes

I have just driven the "small" version of the DD wheel at the show. So there are 2 versions to try. To the right (facing the stand) is the weaker version of the DD drive, the left the stronger.
To the impressions: To drive there was the Porsche 911 GT3 on Spa at Project Cars 2. Unfortunately, the Pc2 has much broken, the ffb of the game is too little detail, the vehicle behavior is not always plausible.The DD worked very vigorously and insane Smooth (absolutely no cogging perceptible). Eamping is virtually non-existent, but in operation the vehicle and its dampening can be credibly represented. At the same time one gets from the driving condition such a fast feedback ... simply a pleasure! Compared to the csw, you do not have to work against the engine during fast backlash maneuvers (the csw often does not have enough acceleration to support the base).

Unfortunately, I can not draw any comparisons to other DD Wheels. However, I know pc2 from alpha / beta and can assign the low details clearly to the software (rf2 or ac are there much more communicative in the feedback to the road surface). The hardware clearly puts the csw v1 and v2 in the shade. So Fanatec has fulfilled my expectations in this respect. I'm looking forward to the feedback from the DD owners.

Link

Back