Fanatec Podium Direct Drive Wheel Bases Thread

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 3,718 comments
And the waiting starts again. I thought Fanatec was going to release this DD wheel tomorrow.

Who will do the presentation? Simracing girl or Thomas?

My bet is on Sim Racing Girl. She posted on her Instagram Video Feed this morning to stay tuned for some exciting Podium Series marketing/propaganda tomorrow at 4:00 (whatever time zone it is in Germany). But it could be the both of them =) Personally, I hope it's both of them doing something fun and cool!

And the waiting starts again. I thought Fanatec was going to release this DD wheel tomorrow.

Release was out of the question. At least I hope they have the sense to open the preorder. If not I am going to purchase an OSW with the adapter for Fanatec rim. Won't wait up until the 2019 for Fanatec.

I thought that the DD wheel was going to be presented to the public as a finished product. Until I read the "facebook live stream message".

I thought that the DD wheel was going to be presented to the public as a finished product. Until I read the "facebook live stream message".

It may be the finished product in the live stream, but then they have to going to the suppliers to produce for the pubblic. I hope the open the preorder today, if not I have waited enough and I will buy an OSW, and in 7-10 day I will get at home. I won't wait until 2019 for their DD.

hjhkjh.JPG
:dopey:

FMW
My bet is on Sim Racing Girl. She posted on her Instagram Video Feed this morning to stay tuned for some exciting Podium Series marketing/propaganda tomorrow at 4:00 (whatever time zone it is in Germany).
The time zone in Germany is CET/CEST (UTC+1/UTC+2). CET is standard time (or normal time or winter time) and CEST is daylight saving time, also known as summer time.

Which means that Fanatec actually meant 16:00 CEST (and not CET). CET is not in effect now since we're on summer time. (If one is really anal about it :P).

Last edited:
I'M GETTING ADVANCE ACCESS!!!

MINE IS STARTING IN 30 SECONDS!!!

No it's not...20 minutes...COME ON!!! :banghead:

haha was holding a cold beer in one hand, headphone on my ears and the timer countdown only three minutes to go. Aaaah wait Thomas is testing us impatienced ones. He added one hour. Gives me the time to grab another ice cold. I can wait for another hour :cheers:

Is the video supposed to open up on the Start page? I'm not seeing anything yet.
45 minutes waiting time (an extra hour was added just before 4PM CET).
I hope it is just click and watch? Not familiar anymore with facebook.

Livestream at 16.00cet..... Or perhaps not. History is repeating itself, if Fanatec manages to $crew that up.
Last time when the McLaren wheel was delayed we got a QR for free :D 1hour delay is at least 1% discount

Midnight in Australia, I'll check here tomorrow and see what was announced. Pleased post any news! Or link ... my Facebook link did not even announce a delay ...

the Facebook link is just a static "Podium" pic with a series of un-anwered questions ...

Guys, if you check the link for the countdown I believe you can also watch it on Twitter and Youtube.

Edit.

I'm normally not excited/interested to watch a QA (Question/Answer) presentation but in this case, I am.

OK Seriously...give me guesses on the price?

I say $799 for the lower NM model and $999 for the higher one. That is the base alone.

Back