Fanatec Podium Direct Drive Wheel Bases Thread

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 3,718 comments
Whoa. 1500, USD or Euro. Pre-order coming onstream momentarily, ships December 10.

Kinda want to see some reviews first ...

Only v1 will be compatible With the ps4? Kinda stupid.

Also just bought a mclaren wheel and they are now releasing new Formula wheel.

So if you want to get the best version you can't get v2.

For me if I upgrade I want to upgrade to the latest model.

By the sound of It they will change the pricing after pre-orders are done.

There is also a hope that drivehub will have the ability to emulate ps4 version. But with that pricetag it is a big risk buying now...

Cant watch right now... but PS4 compatibity on a DD???

No reason why not, they have a wheelbase that is fully supported already. Its still a wheel(base) ...

No information on when or the pricing for the cheaper wheelbase.

And the DD1 (which I think is the cheaper lessor torque/accelerating wheelbase) will be sold via auction ... I guess that will allow them to set a retail price for the cheaper version.

IMO a direct drive wheelbase should be cheaper anyway ... there's less parts to manufacture. But the R&D has to be paid for. One day DD will be highly affordable IMO. Its not yet though but the lower priced wheelbase promises value ... although not until I guess Thrustmaster or Logitech or another mass marketer introduced a DD wheel ...

An optional 5 year warranty even in "pro" use is impressive, but it also affirms that more moving parts result in more wear and more things to fail, while a DD promises less things to go wrong.

Sounded like a separate wheel that will work on PS4.

No.. sounded to me like a separate DD 1 version with custom rim for ps4 and F1 esports tournaments.

And I don't like the fact that if I want an official support I have to buy a lesser version and that factor stops me from preordering

Last edited:
No reason why not, they have a wheelbase that is fully supported already. Its still a wheel ...

No information on when or the pricing.

And the DD1 (which I think is the cheaper lessor torque/accelerating wheel) will be sold via auction ... I guess that will allow them to set a retail price for the cheaper wheel.

IMO a direct drive wheel should be cheaper anyway ... there's less parts to manufacture.

An optional 5 year warranty even in "pro" use is impressive, but it also affirms that more moving parts result in more wear and more things to fail.

Simracing girl doesnt seem very happy?

Back