Fanatec Podium Direct Drive Wheel Bases Thread

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 3,718 comments
Regardless of the finish used on the Magnetic paddles, I am very interested in this modular wheel lineup. It would take a lot of the sting out of upgrading a wheel rim. All one would have to buy is a rim, and not a complete package, in some cases. Plus with a simpler button plate and universal hub, it seems like it would be easier to assemble as well. Its sounds great so far.

Just ordered a dd1, hope it will send on the date from website.
07.12.18 is this up to date or do we need to expect with delay?
From @DomB_Fanatec :

дд.png

Link

I had thought about it, in fact there is practically no reason to buy the ps4 version. I dont play gt-s anymore and all other racing games are better choice on PC :) Today nobody can say if the ps4 dd will be compatible with the ps5 wich will arrive somewhere in the next 1-2 years. If there is a reason to go back to playstation(for a racing game) then i will buy that drive-hub thing.

I had thought about it, in fact there is practically no reason to buy the ps4 version. I dont play gt-s anymore and all other racing games are better choice on PC :) Today nobody can say if the ps4 dd will be compatible with the ps5 wich will arrive somewhere in the next 1-2 years. If there is a reason to go back to playstation(for a racing game) then i will buy that drive-hub thing.

That is if/when Creative Minds gets the Drive Hub working with the Podium wheel bases. I am sure they will.

That is if/when Creative Minds gets the Drive Hub working with the Podium wheel bases. I am sure they will.
I also think yes, maybe not 2 days after fanatecs dd release but sooner then the official support in gt-s and ps4( how long it was taking that fanatec users where able to use their hardware on ps4/gt-s....) :)

I am way more interested in the more elaborate wheels like new F1 wheels and so on. Especially if they get fully integrated
I also think yes, maybe not 2 days after fanatecs dd release but sooner then the official support in gt-s and ps4( how long it was taking that fanatec users where able to use their hardware on ps4/gt-s....) :)

There is no reason to think the DD won't be supported in GT Sport out of the box. PD has already implemented the Fanatec SDK for the CSL Elite and no reason to think the DD won't utilize a version of that same SDK. The hard part is done already. I think they had already mentioned in the Fanatec forums that if anything they could easily emulate CLS Elite PS4 implementation on the DD Podium Racing Wheel.

Last edited:
You mean the "official" Sony licensed version of the DD Fanatec wheel right? As we all know, Fanatec had perfectly working Clubsport wheel bases that were made non-functional as they needed full licensing approval. =)

FMW
You mean the "official" Sony licensed version of the DD Fanatec wheel right? As we all know, Fanatec had perfectly working Clubsport wheel bases that were made non-functional as they needed full licensing approval. =)

Again. Drive hub and other emulators don't provide full support of all a wheelbase's features, they reverse engineered the controller chip that all controllers need to properly talk to the console and are allowing other bases to emulate other bases that do come with that hardware.

Logitech emulation mode on the CSL Elite is completely different than the fully implemented PS4 mode.

Fanatec wanted to be able to develop proper official support so they can't very well be selling products that reverse engineer Sony's controller chip.

Again. Drive hub and other emulators don't provide full support of all a wheelbase's features, they reverse engineered the controller chip that all controllers need to properly talk to the console and are allowing other bases to emulate other bases that do come with that hardware.

Logitech emulation mode on the CSL Elite is completely different than the fully implemented PS4 mode.

Fanatec wanted to be able to develop proper official support so they can't very well be selling products that reverse engineer Sony's controller chip.

I currently use a DriveHub on my PS4Pro. Works very very will in native Fanatec mode at the moment...It allows me to currently use my CSW 2.0 with the racing games I enjoy. having said that, I will be upgrading to the FULL LICENSED PS4 DD with Formula style rim, if and when it becomes available. =) It seems like the best of both worlds to me. Works on PS4 and you can slide it over to the PC if you so wish. =)

FMW
I currently use a DriveHub on my PS4Pro. Works very very will in native Fanatec mode at the moment...It allows me to currently use my CSW 2.0 with the racing games I enjoy. having said that, I will be upgrading to the FULL LICENSED PS4 DD with Formula style rim, if and when it becomes available. =) It seems like the best of both worlds to me. Works on PS4 and you can slide it over to the PC if you so wish. =)

Yeah nothing really wrong with DriveHub, I just can't imagine it will ever support the full features of the Fanatec SDK. And yeah hopefully PS4 DD will be as great as I hope it is.

It looks like what I've been waiting for to order the DD. I hope it works for PC.

You can make out the PlayStation buttons. I guess that's the new F1 wheel.

I was hoping it would have a large LCD.

Maybe they are also doing a Clubsport or CSL version of the F1 wheel for less? Really interesting to see the Podium F1 wheel.

Last edited:
It actually seems exactly like the current formula rims, they just cut the 2 bottom spokes with different color scheme

That was what I was thinking. I was hoping for a more newer original design like some third party with perhaps a larger display. I really like this one I saw once in a youtube review and really looks like it came out of a F1 car.:
maxresdefault.jpg

If only TM would proper use their Ferrari license and created an updated version:

upload_2018-10-10_20-9-26.jpeg

That was what I was thinking. I was hoping for a more newer original design like some third party with perhaps a larger display. I really like this one I saw once in a youtube review and really looks like it came out of a F1 car.:
maxresdefault.jpg

If only TM would proper use their Ferrari license and created an updated version:

View attachment 772198

If you really want one of those wheels you can buy one and use it with the Fanatec DD, according to Thomas custom USB wheels will be supported, only drawback would be you will have the USB wire dangling (only a drawback if you really hate to see that wire)

If you really want one of those wheels you can buy one and use it with the Fanatec DD, according to Thomas custom USB wheels will be supported, only drawback would be you will have the USB wire dangling (only a drawback if you really hate to see that wire)
The whole point was console compatibility. This wheelrim will be released with the PS4 version. As I remember this particular steering wheel migh be even more expensive then the fanatec DD wheelbase. So was kinda hoping for a more affordable option.

The whole point was console compatibility. This wheelrim will be released with the PS4 version. As I remember this particular steering wheel migh be even more expensive then the fanatec DD wheelbase. So was kinda hoping for a more affordable option.

Yeah custom wheels are crazy expensive, and I understand how you feel about wanting a more affordable option, but at least there is another option

maxresdefault.jpg

View attachment 772198

"MAPING"

wat.

Back