Fanatec Podium Direct Drive Wheel Bases Thread

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 3,718 comments
@DomB_Fanatec do you know if the Playseat F1 & the RSeat Formula V2 are able to support the DD1? I'm deciding between these two cockpits at the moment and want to make sure it's compatible with the podium series. Thanks!

@DomB_Fanatec do you know if the Playseat F1 & the RSeat Formula V2 are able to support the DD1? I'm deciding between these two cockpits at the moment and want to make sure it's compatible with the podium series. Thanks!

The bottom mounts use the same three-hole patterm as the CSL and ClubSport wheel bases.
This means that every racing rig that is compatible with CSL or CSW will be compatible with the Fanatec DD wheels.RSeat Formula V2 says it is compatible with CSL and CSW.
I would wonder if they can withstand the weight and the power of the DD1 wheel.

Last edited:
You can buy the CSW angled mounting bracket from Fanatec for $10 plus shipping. I just bought an extra one so that I can sell my CSW v2.5 whenever I get the DD2.

As super_gt says, if a cockpit supports the CSL and/or CSW, then it is likely that the Podium wheel base will fit. But please consider the different shape and dimensions of the Podium wheel bases, as there is a longer 'overhang' at the back (relative to the mounting hole positions). The drilling templates are available to download on the DD1 and DD2 product pages. In terms of whether a cockpit is built for handling the weight and performance of a high-end direct drive base, I recommend that you contact each cockpit manufacturer directly for clarification.

Yes. They are compatible. Here's the response from Fanatec when I contacted them.

"thank you very much for your enquiry. Yes, it is possible you mount the DD2 onto the metal adapter plate from the cswv2.5. Unfortunately i have current not any informations about the side holder.Best regards / Freundliche Grüße"

The bottom mounts use the same three-hole patterm as the CSL and ClubSport wheel bases. Actually there are two additional holes that can be used on the bottom as well. It is not strictly bottom mounted, in fact the ideal mounting solution is the side mounts - this has been shown in all the demonstrations of the base so far. We are planning to sell the gold coloured side brackets as an optional accessory. There is no bracket in the box, but we may offer different bracket solutions depending on demand.
This is a key aspect and until it is released as an option, I wouldn't pre-order. Seeing how it mounts and the adjustability of it once mounted is crucial. The angle of the one I clipped can be adjusted on the fly in under a minute. Hopefully the Fanatec offering will be more or less exactly like that...or better.
Thank you for the reply.

I assume this is the gold mount you mentioned..
sQ9c1G4.jpg

Last edited:
Yes the angled bracket fits, but be aware that the position of the mounting holes (and the fact that the base is longer in depth than a ClubSport wheel base) means that 'overhang' at the rear of the base goes 'below' the surface/plane, so you need to have/create some clearance there.

Compared to the CSL and CS bases is the steering shaft angle similar or different when mounted to the same 3 hole bottom mounting points? I have plenty of adjustability in my sim-lab rig but just curious. The CSL Elite base and I believe the CS seem to have that little bottom wedge piece that angles the steering shaft up a bit more from the looks of it?

Compared to the CSL and CS bases is the steering shaft angle similar or different when mounted to the same 3 hole bottom mounting points? I have plenty of adjustability in my sim-lab rig but just curious. The CSL Elite base and I believe the CS seem to have that little bottom wedge piece that angles the steering shaft up a bit more from the looks of it?
It's flat without any angle. But with your nice Simlab Rig I am sure you can easily adjust the wheel deck to a 20° angle :)

I'm also trying to figure out whether Fanatec is finally going to release an F1 wheel for the XBox One that is engineered for the DD1/DD2 ... otherwise I'll have to go with the McL GT3 wheel.

I'm also trying to figure out whether Fanatec is finally going to release an F1 wheel for the XBox One that is engineered for the DD1/DD2 ... otherwise I'll have to go with the McL GT3 wheel.
As I said here only the people from Fanatec know the answer to this question. Ask @DomB_Fanatec if he is able to give you such information.

Is anywhere confirmed PS4 bundle will include base and rim only (no pedals)?
Yes, on the Webshop page. If a pedal set would be included, it would definitely be listet there. Also, bundles with Pedals are only available in the bundle shop category and the Podium Racing Wheel however is placed in the racing wheel category. So definitely no pedal set included.

Do you need to pre-order the DD1 in order to get the DD2 motor? I wanted to wait for the US auctions and try to score one there... if I’m not able to secure one via auction I assume I would pre-order it. Wow this is the first I’ve heard of podium pedals lol.

Do you need to pre-order the DD1 in order to get the DD2 motor? I wanted to wait for the US auctions and try to score one there... if I’m not able to secure one via auction I assume I would pre-order it. Wow this is the first I’ve heard of podium pedals lol.

I think they will anounce it on their blog when the second batch with the redisgned/fixed DD1 motor will be manufactured.

Quick question about the upcoming direct drive systems from Fanatec. Compared to the CSW 2.5 do the DD1 & DD2 offer force feedback detail that isn't felt through the CSW or is it simply stronger, more realistic force feedback? I'm just curious if - moving forward - programmers are able to take advantage of the DD1/DD2's more advanced motor or if the same force feedback is felt though all racing wheels on the market.

Also - @DomB_Fanatec - are you able to say when Fanatec will be releasing their Black Friday deals?

Thanks!!

Quick question about the upcoming direct drive systems from Fanatec. Compared to the CSW 2.5 do the DD1 & DD2 offer force feedback detail that isn't felt through the CSW or is it simply stronger, more realistic force feedback? I'm just curious if - moving forward - programmers are able to take advantage of the DD1/DD2's more advanced motor or if the same force feedback is felt though all racing wheels on the market.
torqe.png

Link

Just FYI for fans of F1.... I just talked to RSeat and they are releasing a wheel mount that is compatible with the DD1 for their Formula V2 rig. :)

Latest Posts

Back