Fanatec Podium Direct Drive Wheel Bases Thread

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 3,718 comments
So in saying the V324 driver for the F1 rim is not compatible with the McLaren rim means I'm stuffed - I'm waiting patiently for my DD1 which is due to arrive with a set of CS V3 peddles and the McLaren GT3 rim.... and the infamous FREE F1 (red) rim which I assume uses the same firmware as the F1 limited edition....

By the way, thanks Sprocket for spotting this, I wasn't aware of this till you pointed it out.

Fanatec - would you like to comment on this further cock-up?

So in saying the V324 driver for the F1 rim is not compatible with the McLaren rim means I'm stuffed - I'm waiting patiently for my DD1 which is due to arrive with a set of CS V3 peddles and the McLaren GT3 rim.... and the infamous FREE F1 (red) rim which I assume uses the same firmware as the F1 limited edition....

By the way, thanks Sprocket for spotting this, I wasn't aware of this till you pointed it out.

Fanatec - would you like to comment on this further cock-up?
Why they should further comment? All is said. Officially this new driver is not compatible with the McL Rim. Unofficially most of the McL Rims still work (I have the F1 2018 Rim and two McLaren Rims and ALL are working fine with driver 324 for example) and at least I did not read even one forum post from someone that his McL is no longer working with this driver but everyone said that their Rim is still working. It's at least worth a try and if your McL is not working with driver 324 then just simply go back to driver 311 if you want to use your McL. Or just drive the F1 for the next 2 weeks until a new driver arrives.

Why? I use all my fanatec stuff on xbox and will be using my DD1 and new F1 v2 on my xbox.. Life is not all about buttons buddy and the wheel works as intended to steer a car on screen...

The reason for this wheel release is the control BUTTONS as its intended to be like the F1 wheel. Why would you buy and expensive wheel like this with all the 'realistic buttons' to no use them

The reason for this wheel release is the control BUTTONS as its intended to be like the F1 wheel. Why would you buy and expensive wheel like this with all the 'realistic buttons' to no use them
To solve console problem of not usable buttons fanatec could allow duplicate buttons in the settings trough fw.
Atleast for me - the ease of access to a button sometimes depends on a turn direction etc.

Because even tho I don't have full functionality I still want to use a F1 style wheel when driving a Formula car.........

It could well be unrelated, if you look at the pd on their website it reads as expansion not plugging holes.
That's was the impression I got as well. There's quite a few jobs being advertised in several different fields.

Untitled1.png

Guys, my comment was tongue in cheek!

However, whilst Fanatec sit with our millions of dollars in their bank account and give us no updates on the situation this is the result, people will think the worst. Really has been a shoot show from Fanatec.

Well I'm still kicking myself that I did not pre-order the DD wheel as you get a free rim worth about 300 USD correct? Thats an investment return of around 30% over a period of 3 to 4 months. Even if it delays to summer thats only 6 months. Boy I wish my investments in equities gave such a fantastic (Fanatec) return.

Guys, my comment was tongue in cheek!

However, whilst Fanatec sit with our millions of dollars in their bank account and give us no updates on the situation this is the result, people will think the worst. Really has been a shoot show from Fanatec.

You are so ridiculously annoying. What more information do you need? You are free to cancel your order. You have been told when the expected ship date has been moved to.

You are so ridiculously annoying. What more information do you need? You are free to cancel your order. You have been told when the expected ship date has been moved to.
Well at least I’ve achieved one thing today. I can sit back, relax and chuckle to myself about someone who doesn’t know me getting so annoyed by my thoughts on the internet. We live in extraordinary times!

So I ordered the ClubSport pedals when I placed the order for the DD1 .... I’m wondering if I should take delivery of the pedals now. Is it possible to use the xbox controller for steering & the pedals for acceleration/braking? Do we think Fanatec is going to release Podium pedals by the time the DD1 is released? I figure that I should at least start acclimating myself to using pedals in the 2 months before the DD1 is released. Thanks!

So I ordered the ClubSport pedals when I placed the order for the DD1 .... I’m wondering if I should take delivery of the pedals now. Is it possible to use the xbox controller for steering & the pedals for acceleration/braking? Do we think Fanatec is going to release Podium pedals by the time the DD1 is released? I figure that I should at least start acclimating myself to using pedals in the 2 months before the DD1 is released. Thanks!
Maybe drive hub would let you use a set of pedals and controller at the same time. I do believe that Fanatec have a plan to release a lot more Podium series products but I don’t think we know exactly what or when. I don’t see it being alongside the DD wheels what with the issues they have had to overcome.

Do we think Drivehub will allow you to use the DD1/Limited edition F1 wheel with the XBox One X? If so I would go ahead and buy it - otherwise i’ll Just wait for the DD1 to be released.

Quick question about mounting hardware for the DD1. Does it come with screws? I bought the Formula V2 from RSeat and they provided some 5 & 10 mm screws which I hope are compatible with this thing. I'm still praying that the RSeat is stable enough to hold the DD1... the company assured me it is but I think I'm the only person in the world to own the Formula V2 with side arms made specifically for the DD1.

Attachments

• IMG_1762.jpeg
    IMG_1762.jpeg
    59 KB · Views: 56
Back