Fanatec Podium Direct Drive Wheel Bases Thread

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 3,718 comments
Thank you I will review this product :)

I think it is way too long 1,20 m , do you attach a seat ? it is more of a cockpit stand it seems ?

It is a new product smaller than the other models, is it foldable ?

Yeah it's a cockpit that I use as a stand basically. I don't think you can use a short stand with a DD setup and be happy with it honestly.

Actually if you talk to the guys at simlabs, they may be willing to make a "stand" variation of these with shorter extrusions if you ask. Would be pretty simple to just have the main bottom extrusions cut shorter.

2019 F1 rim? Worst version imo:indiff:

5CF6F2BA-37A6-42C4-B3B1-A12CC2A4948C.png

The only thing the 2019 rim has me wanting is the "leather" grips. Alcantara is just not worth it for a racing wheel, it wears out too quickly.

Oh well, bought gloves for my new Clubsport v2 rim coming next week.

I was too late to watch the video, so I'm curious:

• what the content of the video was
  • why it is removed
More or less the same overview of the complete eco system. You can connect about anything in your desired combination also directly to the DD wheel base. Pedals, steering wheels, shifter, hand brake you name it you can choose your own style.

Indeed curious why they removed it. SimRacingGirl talked you through the video with her enthusiastic approach.It was enjoyable to watch and a good "T-16" - "in between" - "refresher video".

Maybe it was a mistake to have that rim in the vid, or maybe they removed because they realized people didn't like how it looked. Or maybe something unrelated to that entirely. Either way, I almost regret saying the PS4 rim looked toyish. If anything looks toyish at all, it's paint trying to imitate metal. Changed my perspective, the PS4 one looks good to me now.

Back