Fanatec Podium Direct Drive Wheel Bases Thread

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 3,718 comments
The connections at the back of the Podium DD is for Fanatec hardware like pedals? Or can you connect third party shifters, pedals as well?

What peripherals can you attach to the SC2?
Non as far as I know but I'm not interested in the Fanatec ecosystem only in the Podium DD wheel.

So DD1 with third party hardware = SimuCube SC2 with third party hardware in regard to connecting everything to my pc.

If it was possible to connect a shifter, pedals – not from the Fanatec ecosystem – to the base of the DD1 directly, I'd probably go for the DD1. But now that I know that this is not possible, the SC2 starts to look very interesting.

Ok thanks, that is what I thought. Make my choice to go for a Simucube CS2 much easier, if I should buy a DD wheel.

Fair enough. But you can use both wheels alongside your preferred usb peripherals. I don’t see the simucube having an advantage.

Edit: changed post

Non as far as I know but I'm not interested in the Fanatec ecosystem only in the Podium DD wheel.

So DD1 with third party hardware = SimuCube SC2 with third party hardware in regard to connecting everything to my pc.

If it was possible to connect a shifter, pedals – not from the Fanatec ecosystem – to the base of the DD1 directly, I'd probably go for the DD1. But now that I know that this is not possible, the SC2 starts to look very interesting.
Not sure I see your logic but your money, your choice.

Why? Does the simucube have connections for other peripherals?
No and that is just it.
As I said:

Not sure I see your logic but your money, your choice.
Well the logic is simple. If it was possible to connect other stuff to the DD1 base directly it would be easier to connect everything. But because this doesn't seem to be possible the DD1 and the SC2 is the same when it comes to connecting other stuff.

In both cases you have to connect everything directly to the pc, which I didn't know until I asked it a few minutes ago.

I'm not saying that the SC2 is better than the Podium DD wheels but it gives me more choices to choose one. I'm still going to wait for reviews on the Podium and the SC2.

Last edited:
No and that is just it.
As I said:

I changed my post. I was writing the post when someone else posted the same question earlier sorry. See above. There is no advantage the simucube has concerning peripherals. You do know you can use any peripherals with Fanatec dd with usb, just like simucube? Big difference for me I forgot to add is that Fanatec has a tuning menu, concerning software that will let you change settings on the fly, on the wheel, ingame. While others you need to pause the game and look for mouse got to a separate menu to change your settings.

I changed my post. I was writing the post when someone else posted the same question earlier sorry. See above. There is no advantage the simucube has concerning peripherals.
I know that now.

You do know you can use any peripherals with Fanatec dd with usb, just like simucube?
Of course I know that, and that is why I think that in regards to the Fanatec, this is the same and makes the SC2 looks similar as the Fanatec (connections of third party hardware and not the Fanatec ecosystem).

Big difference for me I forgot to add is that Fanatec has a tuning menu, concerning software that will let you change settings on the fly, on the wheel, ingame. While others you need to pause the game and look for mouse got to a separate menu to change your settings.
That is indeed a huge advantage over the SC2. Sounds very interesting.

What I don't get is why I have this feeling that everybody is so keen on trying to change my mind and go for the Podium DD wheel.
It is still my choice which wheel I should get, if I should get one because I haven't decided yet.
That is why I'm going to wait for reviews and if the Podium is the best choice for me, I'll go with the Podium. But if the SC2 seems to be a better choice for personally, I'll go for the SC2.

Simple.

Last edited:
I know that now.

Of course I know that, and that is why I think that in regards to the Fanatec, this is the same and makes the SC2 looks similar as the Fanatec (connections of third party hardware and not the Fanatec ecosystem).

What I don't get is why I have this feeling that everybody is so keen on trying to change my mind and go for the Podium DD wheel.
It is still my choice which wheel I should get, if I should get one because I haven't decided yet.
That is why I'm going to wait for reviews and if the Podium is the best choice for me, I'll go with the Podium. But if the SC2 seems to be a better choice for personally, I'll go for the SC2.

Simple.
You keep asking questions and for people opinions in the Podium DD thread and then have to bold your reply when you don't like those opinions. If you don't really want other peoples opinions I suggest making your decision alone without taking up forum space here. Simples.

You keep asking questions and for people opinions in the Podium DD thread and then have to bold your reply when you don't like those opinions. If you don't really want other peoples opinions I suggest making your decision alone without taking up forum space here. Simples.
No, I didn't ask for opinions. I asked a question (aka information) regarding the connections at the back of the base of the Podium but definitely not opinions. Why should I ask for opinions if I'm going to wait for reviews?

If I asked opinions it should sound like this:

Which is the best wheel? Which wheel should I get? Is the Podium better or not than the SC2.

No, I didn't ask for opinions. I asked a question but definitely not opinions. Why should I ask for opinions if I'm going to wait for reviews.
Ok cool. Like I said, you money, your choice. Best place to find answers would be respective websites of said products as getting others to do your donkey work is not cool especially when you are not interested in their opinion and please don't bold you replies as that's just shouting and not cool.

Ok cool. Like I said, you money, your choice. Best place to find answers would be respective websites of said products as getting others to do your donkey work is not cool especially when you are not interested in their opinion and please don't bold you replies as that's just shouting and not cool.
No, wrong again. THIS IS CONSIDERED SHOUTING, this is definitely not considered shouting only emphasising what I wrote. ;)

Last edited:
And now you are just being a dick. Enjoy the rest of your Easter weekend.
What, I am being a dick? Being a dick for asking a question and explaining to you that using capital letters is shouting and not a bold text.

Re-read you two last posts and you'll see that your post are not really nice.

What, I am being a dick? Being a dick for asking a question and explaining to you that using capital letters is shouting and not a bold text.

Re-read you two last posts and you'll see that your post are not really nice.
This is the 'Fanatec Podium DD' thread, not the 'Help Kikie decide which wheelbase to buy' thread. You appear to only want the answers that you are happy with and have somewhat taken the huff when you don't get that. You are not actually adding anything to this thread. So start your own to help you make your decision and I'm sure those who want to contribute to it will.

This is the 'Fanatec Podium DD' thread, not the 'Help Kikie decide which wheelbase to buy' thread. You appear to only want the answers that you are happy with and have somewhat taken the huff when you don't get that. You are not actually adding anything to this thread. So start your own to help you make your decision and I'm sure those who want to contribute to it will.
Come on. What is wrong with you. Do you really hate me that much? Thank you for making it easy to putting you on my to ignore list.

Yes, this is a Podium DD thread and I asked a question about the Podium DD wheel. Is that not allowed? You should apply for moderator. :lol:

If I'm not allowed to ask a simple question about the DD wheels, you better start to contact everybody who asks questions about certain subjects and say to them that you don't appreciate other members asking questions. You do realise that you are the one who is making a big deal about this and I'm only trying to defend myself.

I know that now.

Simple.

Well here in this thread everyone will recommend you get the Fanatec DD wheel because we have been hyped for it a long time, but in other racing forums they tell you to keep away from Fanatec like the plague and wait at least 1year after the release of the podium wheels to see what happens due to their track record of everything breaking

Ultimately you decide what you buy for your personal needs and since you don’t need native console support you have more options.

There is someone very knowledgeable in the iracing forums about DD wheels testing the SC2 ultimate and will be doing a full review soon but he said that he is super impressed with them and he feels is a lot better even than my wheel (Leo Bodnar 54 V2) and that it wouldn’t be fair to compare it to the DD2s

Come on. What is wrong with you. Do you really hate me that much? Thank you for making it easy to putting you on my to ignore list.

Yes, this is a Podium DD thread and I asked a question about the Podium DD wheel. Is that not allowed? You should apply for moderator. :lol:

If I'm not allowed to ask a simple question about the DD wheels, you better start to contact everybody who asks questions about certain subjects and say to them that you don't appreciate other members asking questions. You do realise that you are the one who is making a big deal about this and I'm only trying to defend myself.
Plenty of people are asking questions but only one feels the need to 'emphasise' their point that they are not happy with peoples replies to those questions.

Love it when people feel the need to tell others they are ignored. Just do it rather than making a song and dance over it :boggled:

Well here in this thread everyone will recommend you get the Fanatec DD wheel because we have been hyped for it a long time, but in other racing forums they tell you to keep away from Fanatec like the plague and wait at least 1year after the release of the podium wheels to see what happens due to their track record of everything breaking

Ultimately you decide what you buy for your personal needs and since you don’t need native console support you have more options.

There is someone very knowledgeable in the iracing forums about DD wheels testing the SC2 ultimate and will be doing a full review soon but he said that he is super impressed with them and he feels is a lot better even than my wheel (Leo Bodnar 54 V2) and that it wouldn’t be fair to compare it to the DD2s
Thank you very much. :bowdown: 👍
This is a very good and objective response. Very much appreciated.

I'm not an iRacing member so I'm not able to read that review once it is posted. :guilty:

BTW, I asked almost the same question in the SimuCube thread but never got an anwer, that is why I asked it in this thread. SIMUCUBE 2 Direct Drive Force Feedback Wheel Bases

A general explanation, not directly directed at you LeranersPermit.

Last edited:
Some users over on the Fanatec blog reporting PCars 2 doesn't work with the wheel on PS4. Make sure to update the wheel Firmware using a PC and then run the wheel in Comp V2.5 mode to get it to work with PCars 2. Devs has said that none of the features of the wheel are limited by running in this mode.

Some users over on the Fanatec blog reporting PCars 2 doesn't work with the wheel on PS4. Make sure to update the wheel Firmware using a PC and then run the wheel in Comp V2.5 mode to get it to work with PCars 2. Devs has said that none of the features of the wheel are limited by running in this mode.
On PS4 there is no Comp v2.5 mode but only a Comp PS4 mode.

On PS4 there is no Comp v2.5 mode but only a Comp PS4 mode.
I think you need to update to the latest firmware version by connecting the wheel base to a pc and they updating for it to appear. Page 23 of the manual explains how to update the firmware.

Edit: This is from Armin who works for Fanatec. So use PS4 Comp mode.

Hi, You need to use PS4 Comp (atibility) Mode for pCars 2. Sadly due to a bug the PS4 version of the gsme does not properly detect the wheel. We had to come out with a special mode in the firmware since the game won't be patched anymore. Please try it! All the best and have fun! Happy Easter everybody! Armin

I know that now.

Simple.

I am just sharing my opinion and research. The simucube looks the part and would be a great option if there was no podium DD. Its even less expensive then simucube. I also take into account the cost for peripherals and Fanatec just hits that sweetspot of price/quality. Not just trying to change your mind, I am genuinly just informing you of functions and features you might have overlooked. Its your money.

Whatever you see other's comments, them is other's.
Compare the difference between Fanatec DD and other DD, It is useless.
Very simple. Buy whichever one you think looks better.

Whatever you see other's comments, them is other's.
Compare the difference between Fanatec DD and other DD, It is useless.
Very simple. Buy whichever one you think looks better.

I disagree. Each DD has its own features and ecosystem. Sometimes you overlook a feature and its only great that people in a forum like this want to inform eachother.

Latest Posts

Back