Fanatec Podium Direct Drive Wheel Bases Thread

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 3,717 comments
I had strange bug yesterday.
When turning my wheelbase on at first everything was normal, then the fan kicked in and wheel started spinning full speed.
Turning it off/on fixed it but it was strange

When turning my wheelbase on at first everything was normal, then the fan kicked in and wheel started spinning full speed.
Were you using a beta driver/firmware, and if so, which one?

I will check and let you know.
It has been a while since I updated. Everything worked fine so I left it as is.

If I would guess there was something during the initial phase when the wheel centres. If I remember correctly it stopped upside down at first.

Edit

3ufatx.jpg

Will check if there is an update.

Last edited:
Anyone here who can tell me the thickness of the fanatec R300 rim? I want to buy this rim but the only information is 30cm diameter.
Im looking for a wheel with thick rim.

Anyone here who can tell me the thickness of the fanatec R300 rim? I want to buy this rim but the only information is 30cm diameter.
Im looking for a wheel with thick rim.

The Podium R300 rim isn't very thick. I wouldn't call it skinny, but look elsewhere if you want a thick and chunky rim. The 300mm wheel from QSP is pretty thick, and quite well priced.

To the peeps that have gotten their podium DD replaced, do you have to return everything for the warranty replacement?

I’m asking because my PS4 DD1 just kicked the bucket with the power button issue, I’m waiting on fanatec to answer but God only knows when that will happen.

To the peeps that have gotten their podium DD replaced, do you have to return everything for the warranty replacement?

I’m asking because my PS4 DD1 just kicked the bucket with the power button issue, I’m waiting on fanatec to answer but God only knows when that will happen.
In the case of the Podium Racing Wheel F1, if there is a wheel base issue, it's usually only the base that needs returning, but please clarify this with support.

Managed to repeat it.
Bumped (slightly with my hand) into the rim while it was calibrating.
Fans kicked in and it started spinning until I shut it down.

There were also couple of times (2-3) when it froze on torque confirm screen and only cutting off the power helped.

I have DD ps4 since launch. Is it the infamous power button issues or some software glitches?

Very interesting! Some points that stood out to me (paraphrased):
"This is a really important update from fanatec and as you'll see throughout the course of this video it's something that has really dramatically changed the overall impressions of this wheel base.
When I first drove it I wasn't particularly impressed to be honest with you guys. It really didn't feel all that much better than the ClubSport Wheelbase 2.5 that I was used to.
But yeah these drivers ... I can tell you absolutely unequivocally that they make an absolutely massive difference.
"

And the interpolation filter seems to be a great feature.

But still, this also underlines to me just how awesome my CSW 2.5 is (as if I didn't know already). :D

I installed the new firmware and only tried switching the new LIN setting to "ON". I had to up the FFB strength to get it similar to how it was before I changed the LIN setting. I tested on ACC and I would say it is a big improvement and I get a lot more feel coming through the wheel especially from the road with surface bumps coming through that I never noticed before. Also it feels easier to catch slides and there seems to be a lot more feedback info when cornering. It may take a while to learn what the new feelings are telling me but even with only changing the LIN setting I am quite impressed already and it is certainly a big step in the right direction from my point of view.

WOW!
Congratulations Fanatec :)

With this update you have created the ultimate FFB MASCHINE :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
So much love for details in the little tuning display now.
This overhaul put the feeling to next level.

You have build something very special. Nobody else on the market can deliver this!

Thank you!

What settings are you people using with beta drivers?
I also noticed somtimes there are random quick spikes in ffb. Almost like quick "ticks" Maybe it is my settings

That review puts the DD2 in a very good light, especially since it's also about $1000 cheaper.
(than the Simucube 2 Ultimate)

Last edited:
I can only comment on the DD1 with ACC as I haven't tried any other sim. The main reason being I am stunned at how good these two work together now. When I first got my DD1 it was an upgrade from my T300 and at first I was pretty disappointed as it was not any better than my T300. Then I got some help on here and plugged in some recommended settings and felt a big improvement but to be honest nothing to make me jump up and down. Then yesterday I installed the new DD1 firmware and along came the latest ACC update shortly after and then my sim racing world just started celebrating Christmas 1 week early. The FFB is now just amazingly detailed and I have only made 1 change, I switched LIN on. Below are the settings I have dialed in but for sure each individual will have his or her own settings so twiddle about but these settings rock my sim world.
I have noticed a random quick spike, mostly after jumping over curbs and also when I power down the DD1 using the rear button. Its more of a clunk than a spike but maybe worth commenting on the Fanatec forum.
Acc.png
DD1.png

yep asked the same via official Fanatec forums if they (I think @DomB_Fanatec ) can add new recommended settings.
I guess it will take some time and not sure if beta drivers get recommended settings via official forums?
BTW like the new beta version!

Back