Fanatec Podium Direct Drive Wheel Bases Thread

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 3,717 comments
Hey man, very cool with that 86 seat! Looking at it closer I can see the rail where you bolted it to the frame lol

You know what, I just realized I bought the same rig. I've modified it so much I did not recognize it :P

How you liking those HE sprints? Funny story, I ordered the sprints when it originally came out, a set of ultimates showed up in my delivery instead. Due to shipping and such, we never did anything about it. I think the sprints would feel better than the ultimates to be honest.

Love the Sprints. They feel indestructible compared to my "old" V3s. The feeling is excellent, so many adjustments that I can make to make them exactly how I want them to be!

It's ridiculous how much better they feel! Never tried the Ultimates though, that must be another league too :P

Love the Sprints. They feel indestructible compared to my "old" V3s. The feeling is excellent, so many adjustments that I can make to make them exactly how I want them to be!

It's ridiculous how much better they feel! Never tried the Ultimates though, that must be another league too :P

Are these pedals compatible with dd1& 2 and PS4/5 gt sport & pcars 3 ?

Cheers

sTR4CYbB1UjnIkUalNXEd2XDD5zBn02PlPtbZVLiKi7oO0EoxUN64BmP0PktKT613ouw1stJupiJsq9dYDM5ILLHHFDsyMStw9vPDCCRs3858ci93W3gy8ERuT4nh2EyNqcgOOcdw8k02mk8PbP5wkYn9Bgze77v5CQUuNIAVCpu3HLLyKMvE0eU6BWYBebFBATcvAP6lbkRm9v-qNiqZIsMnzNImaklznhpiLAGhlXWiE9fcW2Y2b9kSVa9PyA3zoS0EYDKJKz7NbvXyt54Wsg8jnnCwKJ4yPDGAzKCwf2_0zdOtii0EU3TsLuiXDP2gjuNZapT4z0P7HgQ78A1aO2gYhwX9S_4oKORaSQZkby6Ip9ilbnr4mAQlvh1ctbeYrjLEx4XIbBsNPpsftHUav4dtQUP9g9mFKCsgfV8YbXOUns14V4IYeMOAOVzbR8dxhq1LbgJeim2eXYtAqbdK76m3lYnW3zvY-BadArSGGYn1h1irr8_7iXVdu-SGek95ndEG8k_h4ya9ezMFviRDkqR1HjV-_DVaes5LZbELRm8oPFEZRPHcRuW6IQN71r_oUYMFIsHM-eTUN4o3jmMhHb8OkIAp_DHZGzoTsEm-4KL1XJ7SsbStSdZXYPAJjq7lRb5dRorVdM4QQlGJdD3sr1OxcQtqIzNqjozGrZ22jHcRoFIcpzh5jCZiL4qRNM=w1651-h1238-no

This is how mine is mounted. Basically used a corner piece, screwed it into the profile and placed it close to me for easy access for the on/off and out of the way of the wheel if needed.
Hey Mate,
Are you running a HUB for the connection of the pedals to DD1 / fanatec / PS4 or are the pedals only for PC ?

Hey Mate,
Are you running a HUB for the connection of the pedals to DD1 / fanatec / PS4 or are the pedals only for PC ?
Only used on PC so far, but the DriveHub has a wheel connector(For the DD) and an accessory USB (for the pedals). Didn't try it, but it should work perfectly that way. The pedals are 3 axis and the accessory connector is there just for that.

Only used on PC so far, but the DriveHub has a wheel connector(For the DD) and an accessory USB (for the pedals). Didn't try it, but it should work perfectly that way. The pedals are 3 axis and the accessory connector is there just for that.
Cheers

Got to test my DD2 last night in GT Sport. Coming from a CSL PS4 with modified Playseat.

Specs:
P1-X with side mount
DD2
CSL LC
Drivehub in Fanatec mode (CSW2.5)

Initial thoughts:

1) Precision. Right away I noticed how precise the inputs are vs belt drive. No delay in my inputs and I have total confidence to use the entire track. Before say T1 at Suzuka I’d be hesitant to stay near the grass to the left, with non DD wheels there’s a slight vagueness and you’ll clip the grass. Not with this, rock solid and effortless. This carried over to tight battles as well, I had full confidence to keep my car tight against opponents.

2) Smoothness. This is a given, the lack of belts/gears means silky smooth steering yet full of power/detail.

3) Steering weight/adjustability. The extra tuning features make a huge difference for the better. I was able to adjust the tire feel independently from force which gave me awesome steering feel midcorner and on entry. That feel gives me more confidence to adjust my line mid corner as I can feel the grip. It’s also easier to tailor the steering to car type like how the 911 has “light” but communicative steering, same for MR.

4) Consistency. Jumped onto race C last night with my Alt. Did a few test laps on my main account first and did a 23.6 on lap 2. I’d been up since 7am running on 2hrs sleep, now 1am, exhausted. And with little effort doing non stop 23.5-23.6. Can easily knock a second or more from that when not tired. Jumped on for 2 races from last place, went from 17th to 4th/5th in both with each getting a clean race bonus. Honestly, it was effortless.

5) It’s a workout. My shoulders were getting pretty sore, def going to tone the arms up a bit haha.

6) P1-X. It’s a tank. Zero play. Combined with the DD2 you get pure feedback with no “white noise”. This was such a leap over my playseat. Ergonomics also made a big difference, my legs don’t get as sore, good for me since I have two torn meniscus

Early final thoughts:

1) Will it make you faster? Yes and no. This really depends on the driver. If you understand the effects the wheel is giving you, then yes the extra detail could help you gain a little. But if you’re not capable of understanding “feel” you won’t gain time, you’ll prolly be slower due to the extra forces relative to say a G29 where you drive by memory not feel. For those that can drive by feel, you’ll gain significant confidence in attacking the track and gaining consistency.

2) Immersion. This is what it’s really about. Speed/consistency aside, the extra immersion is worth it IMO. But only if you like having high forces similar to a real car. If you’re simply chasing lap times and turn your FFB down to make it easier.....going DD won’t really be worth it. But if you find the strength of other wheels to be too low, or you run then at max settings but suffer clipping (I did) then moving to DD will be well worth it.

Last edited:
Hello,

I know I will have the possibility to have more than 5 presets but do I also get more tuning options by installing Fanalab?

upload_2020-9-26_10-17-10.jpeg

Last edited:
Cool might order in November.

Looking at DD1, Lenkrad R330, Formula V2, V3 pedals with performance kit.

It is the Sim-Lab GT1 Evo. The problem is, I simply used an 86 seat directly from the car instead of the included seat slider. Lots of people mentioned your issue and it seems to be common. I know some people have tips and tricks on the Facebook groups, but I never really paid attention since I never ordered that part :\

I just removed the seat from an 86 and bolted it on :P

Did you have trouble mounting the seat? Did you have to buy additional hardware to do that?

I've got a seat from a VW Jetta that I would like to install on the rig I intend to purchase - right now only the GT1-EVO is the only one wide enough to accept the wide seat rails (475mm wide).

Thanks in advance.

Ray.

sTR4CYbB1UjnIkUalNXEd2XDD5zBn02PlPtbZVLiKi7oO0EoxUN64BmP0PktKT613ouw1stJupiJsq9dYDM5ILLHHFDsyMStw9vPDCCRs3858ci93W3gy8ERuT4nh2EyNqcgOOcdw8k02mk8PbP5wkYn9Bgze77v5CQUuNIAVCpu3HLLyKMvE0eU6BWYBebFBATcvAP6lbkRm9v-qNiqZIsMnzNImaklznhpiLAGhlXWiE9fcW2Y2b9kSVa9PyA3zoS0EYDKJKz7NbvXyt54Wsg8jnnCwKJ4yPDGAzKCwf2_0zdOtii0EU3TsLuiXDP2gjuNZapT4z0P7HgQ78A1aO2gYhwX9S_4oKORaSQZkby6Ip9ilbnr4mAQlvh1ctbeYrjLEx4XIbBsNPpsftHUav4dtQUP9g9mFKCsgfV8YbXOUns14V4IYeMOAOVzbR8dxhq1LbgJeim2eXYtAqbdK76m3lYnW3zvY-BadArSGGYn1h1irr8_7iXVdu-SGek95ndEG8k_h4ya9ezMFviRDkqR1HjV-_DVaes5LZbELRm8oPFEZRPHcRuW6IQN71r_oUYMFIsHM-eTUN4o3jmMhHb8OkIAp_DHZGzoTsEm-4KL1XJ7SsbStSdZXYPAJjq7lRb5dRorVdM4QQlGJdD3sr1OxcQtqIzNqjozGrZ22jHcRoFIcpzh5jCZiL4qRNM=w1651-h1238-no

This is how mine is mounted. Basically used a corner piece, screwed it into the profile and placed it close to me for easy access for the on/off and out of the way of the wheel if needed.

Also, the picture of your rig helps me to visualize what mine will look like with a car seat. Namely, what I expected to be a lower driving position, as all other solutions have a seat bracket that lifts the seat higher up the rig.

Almost, but not quite, an F1 position. Is that your experience? Or is it too low?

Ray.

Did you have trouble mounting the seat? Did you have to buy additional hardware to do that?

I've got a seat from a VW Jetta that I would like to install on the rig I intend to purchase - right now only the GT1-EVO is the only one wide enough to accept the wide seat rails (475mm wide).

Thanks in advance.

Ray.
For my part, it was easy. The FR-S seat bolts directly to the floor, so it was just a matter of placing the profiles in the right position and then bolting through (with washers) and that was it. It will vary from car to car obviously, but in this case, it was a very simple job. I've included some pictures to show how it's bolted, but it's really nothing fancy.

Also, the picture of your rig helps me to visualize what mine will look like with a car seat. Namely, what I expected to be a lower driving position, as all other solutions have a seat bracket that lifts the seat higher up the rig.

Almost, but not quite, an F1 position. Is that your experience? Or is it too low?

Ray.

It's perfect height for me. Far from F1 position. Theoretically, I could mount it lower by removing the bottom profiles and mounting it directly to the base of the rig. It's not that low overall. Feels like a normal car seat height to me. The thing to remember with bucket seats with higher brackets is that the padding on bucket seats goes lower than normal car seats, meaning you have to compensate for that with higher mounting. Normal car seats have a lot more padding and height by default for comfort.

Attachments

• PXL_20201027_123138345.jpg
    PXL_20201027_123138345.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 25
  • PXL_20201027_123150822.jpg
    PXL_20201027_123150822.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 26
For my part, it was easy. The FR-S seat bolts directly to the floor, so it was just a matter of placing the profiles in the right position and then bolting through (with washers) and that was it. It will vary from car to car obviously, but in this case, it was a very simple job. I've included some pictures to show how it's bolted, but it's really nothing fancy.

It's perfect height for me. Far from F1 position. Theoretically, I could mount it lower by removing the bottom profiles and mounting it directly to the base of the rig. It's not that low overall. Feels like a normal car seat height to me. The thing to remember with bucket seats with higher brackets is that the padding on bucket seats goes lower than normal car seats, meaning you have to compensate for that with higher mounting. Normal car seats have a lot more padding and height by default for comfort.

Wow, this is a huge help.

Did you need to buy extra hardware to fix the seat to the rails? If so, what and where did you get them, or did Sim-Lab supply?

Did you need to buy extra hardware to fix the seat to the rails? If so, what and where did you get them, or did Sim-Lab supply?
I used the surplus M8 bolts included and got washers at a local hardware store. Nothing more needed in my case. Depending on how the rails are made, this will vary a lot though.

Last edited:
'Drive Hub" help Needed...
I have the Fanatec Podium Wheel Base DD1 PS4 and I am using the Hesinkveld pedals.
I have all the items connected as displayed on the Drive Hub website but so far I haven't been able to get this setup working on my PS4 Pro. Does anyone have any experience dealing with such a setup?

'Drive Hub" help Needed...
I have the Fanatec Podium Wheel Base DD1 PS4 and I am using the Hesinkveld pedals.
I have all the items connected as displayed on the Drive Hub website but so far I haven't been able to get this setup working on my PS4 Pro. Does anyone have any experience dealing with such a setup?
Your base must be in PS4 mode and try to connect the base to the controller port:

drivehub_2_noborder.png

You can also ask here.

Last edited:
Back