Fanatec Replaces Thrustmaster at the GT Sport Tokyo World Tour Event

Maybe they changed to Fanatec so the finalists can use manual w/ clutch for the race with the F-1500? Iirc T-GT pedals don't come with clutch.

T-GT pedals don't come with clutch.
8-t-gt_1-hd.jpg

Love my Fanatec DD wheel - hope for official support.
As far as I tried you can't map upper paddle buttons (they are mapped to turns).
Maybe even Flag led inclusion ?

GT Rim would be cool too.

Are they doing this because of a new partnership
So.. first they create a grosly over priced wheel with features made for GTS, and then they ditch this wheel for another brand. That would be annoying. Something going on between fanatec and sony?
The article
Does this signal a change to Fanatec? Well, according to our sources on the ground, no. This isn’t an official partnership change, just something that, due to circumstance, is unique to this event.

Wasn’t the TGT built for GT though? I thought it has GT Specific buttons similar to the DFGT,. It seems kind of odd to just cast aside something that was made specifically to work with your product. Could I’d be that TM pulled out vs PD choosing to go with another Brand?

Was definitely intrigued by seeing that. Did something happen with TGTs, is the Tokyo Expo itself using Fanatecs and the GT World Tour just happens to be using the equipment of their host venue?

I doubt it would shake up the standings. People fast with wheels will be almost as fast with controllers.
I suppose there are exceptions.

What I always think when reading wheel vs. controller discussions, and so many people are saying "I switched to a wheel, and now I'm shaving 3 seconds off of my old lap times" they must've really sucked with the controller. :lol:

Last edited:
I would imagine most of the competitors have been using TGT's, be interesting to hear what they think when they realise they're using Fanatec CSL's.

From what I've seen with one Youtuber (EEEEERIESS I believe), its likely to be a big adjustment with the Load cell Pedals and such.

Latest Posts

Back