Fanatec Support in Driveclub?

They just added support for the new Logitech g29 which is not even out. what the heck Evolution. I also had the gt2 and csr loved them both. If would have known support was going to be support for the ps4 for the csr/gt2 i would have never spent crazy money on the csw v2
Support for the G29??? Evolution, that hurts. That really hurts.

Evolution is a 1st party Sony owned developer. The fact that they are supporting all officially licensed wheels but not adding Fanatec's unlicensed drivers in game to get Fanatec wheel working is probably licensing related.

I expect Sony can't permit unlicensed wheels to be sneaked into their own games.... Hence why those Fanatec drivers have been inserted into pCARS and F1 2015 but not Driveclub.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but right now it seems like officially licensed Logitech or Thrustmaster wheels are the way to be sure of support in all games on PS4 going forward, Fanatec is a gamble.

Evolution is a 1st party Sony owned developer. The fact that they are supporting all officially licensed wheels but not adding Fanatec's unlicensed drivers in game to get Fanatec wheel working is probably licensing related.

I expect Sony can't permit unlicensed wheels to be sneaked into their own games.... Hence why those Fanatec drivers have been inserted into pCARS and F1 2015 but not Driveclub.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but right now it seems like officially licensed Logitech or Thrustmaster wheels are the way to be sure of support in all games on PS4 going forward, Fanatec is a gamble.
Hope your wrong but it makes sense in a way but it was sony that said they would support any wheel as long as the developer does the drivers . They can stick Logitech or Thrustmaster wheels up there you were. I'm sticking with my Fanatec Wheel.

or1t2.jpg

I was wondering, since fanatec steering wheels magically have decided to be available for project cars, does this mean they'll work for driveclub as well?

I am afraid that, beacuse Fanatec signed up an agreement with microsoft for XBOXONE, Sony will not give the support to Fanatec wheels. Few years ago Sony Corporation bought Evolution Studios, this means that only Sony decide what to do. Maybe I am wrong, maybe I am right, we will see.

I am afraid that, beacuse Fanatec signed up an agreement with microsoft for XBOXONE, Sony will not give the support to Fanatec wheels. Few years ago Sony Corporation bought Evolution Studios, this means that only Sony decide what to do. Maybe I am wrong, maybe I am right, we will see.

there isn't any exclusive deal with Microsoft, Fanatec Wheels (even Forza branded wheels work, but not on x1) work with Project CARS, The Crew and F1 2015 on PS4

Driveclub probably isn't compatible with Fanatec wheels because they aren't fully compatible with ps4, but they only work in-game and maybe Sony want only fully compatible wheels for first-party software

I bet your right. Like my self theres a large number of fanatec wheel owners and i'm sadly thinking of going xbox one as i can get a CSW rim that supports all xbox one racing game unlike my PS4 which i love but but sitting on a race rig i can't use, i know project cars has fanatec ps4 support i sold that mess. People are tired of waiting for gt7 AND SONY FANATEC SUPPORT.

I bet your right. Like my self theres a large number of fanatec wheel owners and i'm sadly thinking of going xbox one as i can get a CSW rim that supports all xbox one racing game unlike my PS4 which i love but but sitting on a race rig i can't use, i know project cars has fanatec ps4 support i sold that mess. People are tired of waiting for gt7 AND SONY FANATEC SUPPORT.
On the other hand, the official GT5/GT6 wheel (Thrustmaster T500RS) works perfectly in Driveclub. And Fanatec's only product with Xbox One support is a wheel hub for the CSW which by itself costs as much as a complete T300RS to play Driveclub with.

It"s all a matter of perspective. :)

On the other hand, the official GT5/GT6 wheel (Thrustmaster T500RS) works perfectly in Driveclub. And Fanatec's only product with Xbox One support is a wheel hub for the CSW which by itself costs as much as a complete T300RS to play Driveclub with.

It"s all a matter of perspective. :)
Ya i know. i had the t500 did not like the pedals as i owned the Clubsport v1 pedals at that time, i also had the t300 nice base cheap toy wheel rim and pedals. i already own Fanatec Clubsport Base v2 Clubsport Pedals v2 and Clubsport shifter v1.5 it will cost my $399 for the hub and rim. Sadly the g25/g27 had way better rim and pedals that what i owen prior to fanatec. Trust me If the t300 had a nice wheel rim and pedals i would have gone that route.

I think Sony are stopping Evo from adding Fanatec support so they can flog as many G29's as possible.

Last edited:
It will be bummer if GT7 wont support Fanatecs and I just bought one.
I think they will by that time As another poster said there got another dirty deal to help branded wheel logitec to sell more wheels. Thrustmaster just announced a $220 Thrustmaster t150 looks better then that mix breed g29. no good for me as i just spent $1400 on my CSW setup.

Latest Posts

Back