Fanatec's Black Friday Sales Begin With a Week of Deals Through November 27 [Updated]

• Thread starter Famine
  • 65 comments
Bought the Fanatec CSL Elite V2 pedals to pair with a Thrustmaster T818 / SF1000 I have on order. Heard really good things about these pedals, they easily beat the Thrustmaster T-LCM pedals in every comparison review I watched.

Outside of the pedals I decided against the fanatec ecosystem because their steering wheels don't suit what I'm looking for. I wanted an LCD screen, no fanatec wheel has one. All their formula wheels are too small for my taste (280mm or less) and the only 300mm formula style wheel they have is the McLaren GT3 wheel which is just too cheaply built and cheap looking for my tastes.

Did anyone who ordered from the US site get their tracking numbers yet? I ordered the CSL Elite V2 pedals and Shifter on Sunday 4am Pacific time, still no tracking info up to now

Oh.

Dr House Oops GIF

• ClubSport Universal Hub v2 for Xbox
  • ClubSport Magnetic Paddle Module (or Advanced Paddle Module)
Holding out for these before I consider ordering anything.

I have some minor upgrades I want to do to my McLaren GT3, but if the above comes to light I may build an Xbox version of the M-Sport wheel too.

qr2 base type m reduced by over 100 bucks ._.
I bought it today - then discovered I'd bought the wrong type 🙄 So I've emailed them to cancel, and also bought the type C and a wheel side adapter. Hopefully the Type M ones doesn't appear - hopefully just sell it on here for the same price if it does..

Will probably have to sell my BMW GT2 V1 as I don't see how the QR can be replaced on that

Last edited:
Outside of the pedals I decided against the fanatec ecosystem because their steering wheels don't suit what I'm looking for. I wanted an LCD screen, no fanatec wheel has one.
1700678221318.png

qr2 base type m reduced by over 100 bucks ._.

I’ve got to admit, I’m pretty miffed that the QR2 I spent $150 on very recently is practically free today.
I get that it's annoying but it makes sense for them to make the base side QR2 cheaper so that they'll sell more wheel side QR2s. Most will have 1 base but multiple wheels.

I guess I just wasn’t expecting such an insanely steep discount so soon. It’s a bit of a gut punch. A small credit towards a future purchase for us early yet very recent adopters would’ve been a nice gesture.

I am currently using DD Pro 8nm with CSL Pedals incl. load cell brake. Does it make sense to upgrade to the V3 pedals?
299€ incl. damper kit and brake performance kit is a good price. I am tempted. I am playing GT7 only due to VR support, online, but also offline with a shifter and clutch depending on the car obv.

Second question is also if it would be possible to sell the CSL pedals for a decent price?

Last edited:
Does it make sense to upgrade to the V3 pedals?
The v3 have the best throttle pedal according to different review sites/youtubers but the same reviewers also said that the csl elite v2 are better bang for the buck and are easier adjustable (two pedal setup, changing elastomers).
I would say "not really" :D

• ClubSport Universal Hub v2 for Xbox
  • ClubSport Magnetic Paddle Module (or Advanced Paddle Module)

When I saw that I got very excited.
Tried to put it in the cart and the window popped up where I had to choose a quickrelease... 0€ for the (now) incompatible qr1 or 100€ for the qr2. And suddenly it doesn't feel like a good deal anymore even with the 70€ saving ._.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Fanatec Discounts Sim-Racing Hardware up to 80% for Black Friday

Sim-racing hardware manufacturer Fanatec has always offered some lucrative “Black Friday” deals, but the company has gone all-out this year by kicking off the holiday shopping season with some of its most aggressive discounts yet on a wide range of products...

Last edited:
The amount of margin on a product is huge nowadays. I mean yes, a company needs make profit but sometimes i get the feeling that a certain product has a huge margin of profit on it, seeing these discounts. Inflation as excuse to push the prices unnecessary up. The funny thing is we keep buying :D.

The amount of margin on a product is huge nowadays. I mean yes, a company needs make profit but sometimes i get the feeling that a certain product has a huge margin of profit on it, seeing these discounts. Inflation as excuse to push the prices unnecessary up. The funny thing is we keep buying :D.
That's the world of business for you. I think Manufacturer tend to have an even bigger margin on their products so even with the discounts, they are still making money off of their products. One thing I discovered when I worked in retail for a short period in my career, when something goes on sale, unless it's being liquidated due to surplus or something, the "sale" price of a product was the initial price before it went up due to inflation or whatever other excuse they'll have you believe.

In any case, after ordering the V2 pedals earlier in the week, I was very excited to see what they have put out but it doesn't seem like anything new has been added today and they have so much traffic that you get out in queue just for visiting the website!

Is fanatecs website down because of black friday or is it a cloudflare problem?
They're not down, they just have put up a queue via Cloudflare to slow down the traffic so that it won't go down

Bracing it's self for DD Pro going on sale... Maybe
Usually different yt folks post comments about the deals and so far only boosted media has posted a video about 4 new fanatec branded sparco wheels. So probably no dd pro on sale.

Counter says 20 minutes...

I saw a new wheel on social media:

1700829265441.png

Looks like:

• Sparco R330 Rim
  • Button Module Rally
  • ClubSport Universal Hub V2 for Xbox
  • + QR1/QR2

When the site loads I'll know for sure I guess.

The website finally updated for me, they had the CSL DD bundle with a formula V2.5x for 479.95. it's not the DD pro but that's not bad either.

They also have a bunch of new wheels inspired/replicated Sparco

Last edited:
I'm just adding the new products to the article @Jordan posted above (not easy with the Fanatec site turned into a pumpkin), so refresh if you want to know more.

Also, yes, new wheels!

Edit: I think separate article for new wheels, as there's no discount.

Last edited:
Back