Fanatec's Black Friday Sales Begin With a Week of Deals Through November 27 [Updated]

• Thread starter Famine
  • 65 comments
While I appreciate their deals, I'm not a fan of releasing exactly one deal per day. Even though it's said that all the deals will remain until the end of the entire sale, I don't want to wait until everything I want is discounted and risk certain items running out of stock, so I had to order now and potentially pay a bit more for shipping. I want a shifter and a handbrake, but no one knows whether or when the latter will go on sale.

I bought the CSL V2 pedals yesterday...

I'd quite like a round wheel, so will see if anything appears next week. Currently got the BMW GT2 wheel but it's a bit heavy

That kind of large reduction puts me off buying from the company. I dont know If I should feel that way.
It kind of seems the initial pricing is all made up from speculation and not based on what it costs plus a reasonable percentage profit margin.
If they have just a few units left to get rid of ok, but that should be declared. But even then it devalues the product for everyone else (did they overpay?). It's like selling a Ferrari at half price because it's Black Friday. Even if a new Ferrari model is coming, you just dont do that...

I think this leaves Fanatec open to pressure from haggling and negotiating now. I might just email them every day with really low offers to Buy it Now. Eventually they might say yes.
The twist would be when they finaly say yes, I would say "No way you cheapskates, I like premium goods!", then I block them and report as spam.

I'm holding out hope that they release some hydraulic pedals like high end pc only compatible units. Just how long have the CSP v3s been out in the market? Quite a few years, yea?

Jerome

I'm holding out hope that they release some hydraulic pedals like high end pc only compatible units. Just how long have the CSP v3s been out in the market? Quite a few years, yea?

Jerome
My big question is, will there be an accompanying pedal set for the trueforce system?

(And of course, will Sony (pd) support it?)

I bought the CSL V2 pedals yesterday...

I'd quite like a round wheel, so will see if anything appears next week. Currently got the BMW GT2 wheel but it's a bit heavy
I got the Clubsport RS 320 about two months ago and it has completely changed the game for me. I'm far better than I was before. I know a lot of folks say that a good brake is the single thing that makes you faster, but this wheel has absolutely helped as much as the load cell brake. I really wish Fanatec and PD/Sony had done a better job with the wheel that comes with the DD Pro because it's such a better experience with an actual proper one.

Hoping for:

• ClubSport Universal Hub v2 for Xbox
  • ClubSport Magnetic Paddle Module (or Advanced Paddle Module)

Anything regarding the Button Module Rally would be neat too but that only just released so not expecting any discounts.

I’m eyeing up the Monte Carlo Rally bundle, but unfortunately it’s not compatible on Xbox (Podium Hub) and building an Xbox compatible QR2 version is quite expensive as there’s no discount applied.

Last edited:
Two F1 wheels with different paddle modules (not xbox comatible) + Clubsport pedals v3 bundle (containing brake performance + damper kit) added to the sale today.

ClubSport Universal Hub v2 for Xbox
That's also on my wish list :D
I want to pair it with a turn r320 or the more expensive sparco version :D

Last edited:
Not that I want to buy the wheel, but I noticed that it's actually a somewhat worse deal than the previous 2021 limited edition F1 wheel, which has APM and QR1 and is priced at $400. Basically you have to pay $100 more for the QR2 but you don't get a QR1 ($50) as a spare, so roughly $50 more expensive.

Last edited:
I got the Clubsport RS 320 about two months ago and it has completely changed the game for me. I'm far better than I was before. I know a lot of folks say that a good brake is the single thing that makes you faster, but this wheel has absolutely helped as much as the load cell brake. I really wish Fanatec and PD/Sony had done a better job with the wheel that comes with the DD Pro because it's such a better experience with an actual proper one.
Are you using the Clubsport RS 320 with a GT DD? I want to get a bigger wheel but I’m concerned about the weaker force feedback when going to a bigger diameter. Do you think the GT DD with the 8Nm boost kit will be fine with the Clubsport RS 320 wheel?

Last edited:
I'm hoping the csl load cell kit goes on sale. The Clubsport F1 wheel looks very tempting too, I really want a yoke style wheel.

Last edited:
Are you using the Clubsport RS 320 with a GT DD? I want to get a bigger wheel but I’m concerned about the weaker force feedback when going to a bigger diameter. Do you think the GT DD with the 8Nm boost kit will be fine with the Clubsport RS 320 wheel?
I am. It's flawless for me and the feel is amplified compared to the toy wheel it came with. The nuance of things like curbs and bumps and undulations is much easier to understand and understeer is significantly easier to control. I have the boost kit for 8nm as well and it's on a flimsy playseat challenge with some braces to help with the flex. It's far from perfect but for my situation it works really really well.

I am a huge fan of the online time trials and you can see a marked improvement in my standings from when I got this wheel. I think my best finish before the wheel was in the 17,000s and currently (last I checked) am under the top 300 in the world for the snow time trial on GT7.

Edit; I would buy this wheel or the BMW version with alcantara if you prefer that feel over anything else at the moment. I'll end up with a GT wheel or a yoke for the faster cars eventually but for this game and the cars you can drive I think a round or nearly round high quality wheel is a game changer.

Cheers 🍻🍻

Last edited:
I'd rather see something about the wheel that Porsche released. Haven't seen an article about that one.

Last edited:
Do you guys think there is any chance GT DD Pro goes on sale as well?
Just remember, much like the podium stuff, the dd pro is Not eligible for their new true force tech. Given the price cuts this year, it seems as if they are dumping product. This is likely due to the spat between them and Sony (pd gt7) regarding gt7’s ffb/use of the fanatecs sdk. After 26 pages of the dd pro on fanatecs boards, it seems as if there is still a contingent boycotting gt7.

Personally.. since the last patch Ive been running 10/10 in game with my 330mm round because i can only feel nominal changes/loss of detail from 5/10. The whole, feeling wheel grip through sweeping corners rubber bandy weight sensation persists at both strengths 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
The whole, feeling wheel grip through sweeping corners rubber bandy weight sensation persists at both strengths 🤷‍♂️
And that won't improve with 15Nm and possible Fullforce implementation.
What PD need to do is add SPR & DPR support for the game, but they won't.

Last edited:
And that won't improve with 15Nm and possible Fullforce implementation.
What PD need to do is add SPR & DPR support for the game, but they won't.
Is that what it is? I’ve been down the rabbit hole for weeks now and things are slowly making more sense but the shortcomings, because they seem eminently surmountable, are infuriating. I don’t get how you put all of this effort and money into esports, and the like, yet slack off on ffb. This doesn’t even touch on the fact that despite the great implementation of dual sense rumbles, the v3 pedals still don’t have any useful motor support.

In other news, i saw you added nin to your new settings. I’ve been afraid of that one. Adding even 1-2 points of that seemed to add a springyness when the car looses grip in my configs. The holiday has me jammed up and don’t know if ill be able to play until friday but im looking forward to checking out what you’ve done post qr2. Appreciate your work. You’ve been a great baseline as i’ve descended down this rabbit hole.

Is that what it is? I’ve been down the rabbit hole for weeks now and things are slowly making more sense but the shortcomings, because they seem eminently surmountable, are infuriating. I don’t get how you put all of this effort and money into esports, and the like, yet slack off on ffb. This doesn’t even touch on the fact that despite the great implementation of dual sense rumbles, the v3 pedals still don’t have any useful motor support.

In other news, i saw you added nin to your new settings. I’ve been afraid of that one. Adding even 1-2 points of that seemed to add a springyness when the car looses grip in my configs. The holiday has me jammed up and don’t know if ill be able to play until friday but im looking forward to checking out what you’ve done post qr2. Appreciate your work. You’ve been a great baseline as i’ve descended down this rabbit hole.
Been using NIN for a while now, not sure which settings you've seen but my current ones are linked in my sig. TBH as great as QR2 is it's wasted on GT7.

Just remember, much like the podium stuff, the dd pro is Not eligible for their new true force tech. Given the price cuts this year, it seems as if they are dumping product. This is likely due to the spat between them and Sony (pd gt7) regarding gt7’s ffb/use of the fanatecs sdk. After 26 pages of the dd pro on fanatecs boards, it seems as if there is still a contingent boycotting gt7.

Personally.. since the last patch Ive been running 10/10 in game with my 330mm round because i can only feel nominal changes/loss of detail from 5/10. The whole, feeling wheel grip through sweeping corners rubber bandy weight sensation persists at both strengths 🤷‍♂️
I appreciate the feedback, but it seems like DD Pro is still the most money efficient way to enter DD world (and Fanatec ecosystem) with PS support and huge potential for upgrades later on (unlike Logitech G Pro). Second hand market of wheels of quality higher than G29 seems very slim where I live unfortunately, so I think waiting for the good deal on it is my best shot.

Been using NIN for a while now, not sure which settings you've seen but my current ones are linked in my sig. TBH as great as QR2 is it's wasted on GT7.
Just looked earlier today. Hadn’t checked since qr2’s release because I decided to commit to understanding the wheel and like to research first, then close the book while working out experiments, then back to referencing others work. Rinse/repeat until finding a solution which hopefully doesn’t suck. Prior to qr2 i was a big fan of nin, because the definition sounded like what was missing a lot of the time. It was only recently when building up ndp first, then adding nfr to compensate with an int value of 7, then adding the nin that the springy rebound when the car steps out became apparent. Like other things im sure it can be balanced but it was a surprising moment to be sure. Unfortunately the holidays are here and don’t get to try working that in until friday.

Just looked earlier today. Hadn’t checked since qr2’s release because I decided to commit to understanding the wheel and like to research first, then close the book while working out experiments, then back to referencing others work. Rinse/repeat until finding a solution which hopefully doesn’t suck. Prior to qr2 i was a big fan of nin, because the definition sounded like what was missing a lot of the time. It was only recently when building up ndp first, then adding nfr to compensate with an int value of 7, then adding the nin that the springy rebound when the car steps out became apparent. Like other things im sure it can be balanced but it was a surprising moment to be sure. Unfortunately the holidays are here and don’t get to try working that in until friday.
I'll have to try reducing NIN and see what it does to that feeling then. TBH I added it in the hope of getting some feeling of weight thinking it may reduce the rubber banding a bit, maybe it had the opposite effect.

I'll have to try reducing NIN and see what it does to that feeling then. TBH I added it in the hope of getting some feeling of weight thinking it may reduce the rubber banding a bit, maybe it had the opposite effect.
Totally, and that was why i also was so into it.

It was most apparent using my yoke(265f1v2(wheel motors set to 10 for wheel slip and curb effects, off for the rest inc abs) 10/1 in game.

Anyways, with a torque-y car(gr3 911) it became apparent at low settings when accelerating too quickly and losing grip out of corners. But really for any sort of traction recovery. It may work on the big corners but it screwed with my automatic response to a car stepping out, so i ran away from it.

However, with the 330mm, after checking out where you had gone with things i added 2nin to my settings it seems ok. Might have added +1 ndp to balance the sproing of the rebound. But thats where i had to stop yesterday, and to be fair, after a couple hours reconfirming the 265mm yokes settings, which presents much stronger, i was kinda lost in the sauce. Muscles sore. All that. So who knows what thats going to feel like friday.

Last edited:
Back