Fantasy F1 2010: Season Over- Congrats ROAD_DOGG33J

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 222 comments

Should there be a budget system for 2011?

• Yes(Please post ideas)

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • No(Keep it the same)

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Other(Explain in Post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Northstar

The Original Party Worm
Premium
United States
Anoka, MN
Welcome to the 2010 fantasy Formula 1 season on :gtplanet:

2010 Formula 1 Season

Next Race:
Season Over

First, this is a much simpler fantasy league than the one GilesGuthrie ran. It will simply be picking who you think will win each week. I'm choosing to do it this way since I basically have it streamlined, as well as my lack of experience using budget setups. I think it will also bring more excitement to watching the race as you will be watching the whole field instead of just the first couple cars.

Rules:
  • Each participant must pick 3 drivers each week.
  • You cannot select a driver more than 1 week in a row, this will hopefully make it more interesting(If you do select a driver 2 weeks in a row you won't get any points for that driver)
  • Your picks must be PM'd to me by the drop of the green flag on race day. You can do this easily by clicking here.
  • Please don't post your picks until after the green flag drops. I will post my picks just so there are no issues with my picks.
  • In the event of a tie the person with the most wins will be placed ahead
  • If you want to discuss race results please use spoiler tags since people see the race at different times.
  • Please use the following format when submitting picks.
    Subject Title: Fantasy F1 Round # Picks
    Driver 1
    Driver 2
    Driver 3

We will be using the standard FIA F1 points system.
  1. 25
  2. 18
  3. 15
  4. 12
  5. 10
  6. 8
  7. 6
  8. 4
  9. 2
  10. 1
    1-2-3= 15 bonus points

Max=73

Standings after Abu Dhabi Grand Prix(Final Standings):
2010final.png

Let me know if you have any suggestions, thanks.

Last edited:
How about bonus points for whoever sets the fastest lap, thats a stat thats important in F1 like most laps led in NASCAR

How about bonus points for whoever sets the fastest lap, thats a stat thats important in F1 like most laps led in NASCAR

I had it listed on the piece of paper right next to me but forgot to type it.:dunce::lol:

Thanks for reminding me.

I have absolutely no experience with Fantasy F1, care to explain how these things work?

Your picks must be PM'd to me by the drop of the green flag on race day.
Please don't post your picks until after the green flag drops

These two rules seem to contradict each other:confused:

I think that means post your picks in this thread.

Could you post the format of the PM you wish to recieve? Then it might be a bit easier for you to go through them all if they are all in the same or similar format.
Are we predicting pole position, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and fastest lap or are we just telling you 3 drivers?

Its an irrelevant stat more like, it doesn't mean anything. The circumstances of most fastest laps mean its rarely the fastest driver of the race who sets it, its more likely to be the driver who happened to be on the lightest fuel load, freshest tyres and best track conditions. Not to mention rarely does any driver intentionally set the fastest lap (as its worth nothing).

Last edited:

This.

I think that means post your picks in this thread.

It works best this way since you will have to decide who to pick on your own instead of just copying someone elses picks.

I also won't read the PM's until after the race is over.

Race day is almost here. Make sure if you want to join to get your picks PM'd to me by the drop of the green flag.

Here are my picks.
Sebastian Vettel
Fernando Alonso
Lewis Hamilton

Good luck everyone.

Well, all of my guys are close to the front, I think I am looking forward to a very good day tomorrow.

Eat my tyre dust!

BTW Justin, haven't I seen those three picks somewhere before? ;)

Didn't even realize that. Maybe you shouldn't have grouped them with the NASCAR picks.(actually forgot you did until you posted just now)

Anyways, I expect that most of the picks are going to be similar for the first week, next race will be much more interesting.

I'm very happy with the turnout, looks like this will be very competitive.

Congrats to ROAD_DOGG33J for scoring the most points.
2010bahrain.png

Next race is in Australia in a couple weeks, remember you can't pick any drivers you picked this week.

Well i think i did well, could have been much better for myself and Justin if a certain exhaust system didn't fail.

Well done Road Doggy-Dog

I just picked the top 3 qualifiers. I knew they were a good bet for finishing about where they started.

Picking for the next race should be interesting :dopey:

Latest Posts

Back