Fantasy Formula 1 2011: Season Over, Congrats Stiggy!!!

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 235 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

Northstar

The Original Party Worm
Premium
United States
Anoka, MN
Welcome to the 2011 season of Fantasy Formula 1 on :gtplanet:

2011 FIA Formula 1 Schedule

Next Race:
Season Over

19brazil.png

Previous Weeks
Bold= DNF, Available for selection next round.
Underscore = Consecutive Pick was used for selection.
Strikethrough = Invalid selection.

Points Table:
pts2.png

Basic Rules
  • You must be a current member of :gtplanet:
  • You must select 3 drivers each week you choose to participate.
  • You must use the pick form to submit your picks. Once you submit your picks you will be able to view all submitted picks. If you would like to change your picks, just re-submit them, the picks closest to the deadline will be used.
    You do not need to sign up for anything additional to submit picks
  • Picks must be submitted one hour prior to the scheduled start time. If a race gets postponed the deadline for picks will be moved to one hour before the new start time.
  • Each participant will receive 6 Consecutive Picks at the beginning of the season, these allow you to pick a driver in consecutive races up to 6 times throughout the season.
  • You cannot select a driver more than one race in a row, in the event you do and have no Consecutive Picks left you will not receive points for that driver.
  • In the event you don't submit picks and have 3 or more Consecutive Picks left the drivers from the previous week will be used. If you have less than 3 the lowest finishing driver(s) will be used. If you have no Consecutive Picks left you will not score any points.
  • If a driver you selected fails to finish you will be able to select them again the next race without penalty.
  • If there is an error let me know, I'm human so they do happen from time to time.
  • If you join after the first round you will be given the minimum points for the races you missed.

Prize:
  • The Winner will receive a year of :gtplanet: premium membership.
  • In addition the person with the most wins and not leading the points at the end of the season will also receive a year of premium.
  • If someone wins both the F1 and NASCAR competitions they will receive a lifetime membership.
  • Prizes will be awarded following the Formula 1 finale in Brazil on November 27

Past Champions:
2010: ROAD_DOGG33J

Last edited:
I'm definatly in, and looking at the pics so far it seems most of us are seeing the same thing

Biggest problem with picking at the moment is we haven't got a clear picture of who the top drivers are. So I just picked those who to me usually seem strong at the very start of the season when there's hardly any pressure.

So I can choose a particular driver any number of times as long as he isn't chosen six times in back-to-back races? This is my first time to compete in this and I want to make sure I don't get DQ'd or anything.

Also, will the spreadsheet show which drivers I've chosen each week and the number of times they were chosen consecutively. Or at least have the archive link up in the OP of future races. I have a feeling I can easily mess this up.

I should've made my picks after qualifying. I really am anxious to get this season underway.

Last edited:
So I can choose a particular driver any number of times as long as he isn't chosen six times in back-to-back races? This is my first time to compete in this and I want to make sure I don't get DQ'd or anything.

Cale had a good example in the NASCAR one, I've edited it to fit F1

For the consecutive picks thing... Does that mean If I pick Vettel for the Australian GP I can use one of my 6 consecutive picks and choose him for the next race?

You can select a driver for 6 straight races if you want.

Also, will the spreadsheet show which drivers I've chosen each week and the number of times they were chosen consecutively. Or at least have the archive link up in the OP of future races. I have a feeling I can easily mess this up.

Standings will show the drivers you selected for that week, there also will be a link for previous weeks.

I'll post a link to the NASCAR thread as the standings are basically set up the same except for a different color scheme(and names for races and drivers obviously).

Let me know if that didn't clear things up for you.

Good luck all:tup:

I'm looking forward to another year of Fantasy F1, thanks for continuing to run this compitition Justin.👍

Last edited:
Congrats to those who got 126.

1australia.png

There were 3 people that I couldn't find on here, if you could either post in this thread or send me a PM I will add you to the standings.

Next up is Malaysia.

Last edited:
Hard to not include the driver you are cheering for, even though the odds aren't as good :)

Last edited:
Hi what are CP and intervals?

CP's are consecutive picks, they allow you to select a driver in consecutive rounds without penalty, you can only do it 6 times though..

Interval is how far behind from the leader you are.

Is it possible to get a link to the document that shows who has picked who so far please? :)

Congrats to Barra333 for scoring the most points with 126, also a welcome to Guava, Sylar and a welcome back to ROAD_DOGG33J.

2malaysia.png

I've added a rule that really only effects new people.

The Rules
If you join after the first round you will be given the minimum points for the races you missed.

Next up is China.

Woohoo! I wasnt looking good for the first part of the race, but great drive from Webber. There is only one way to go from here :sly:.
I thought I was being reasonably bold by using up one of my consecutive picks, but it seems not. The CP limit puts some great strategy into this game

Justin, could you (or anyone else who remembers I suppose) bump the thread after qualifying if it hasn't been posted in for a few days? I nearly forgot to submit my entries this week!

I did forget. Remembered halfway through the race which was too late. At least it wasn't a total loss. I likely would have done worse if I had put who I was planning to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back