Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
bpl-logo.png

Fantasy Premier League 17/18

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/
Create a team, give it a name (puns involving Premier League footballers are preferred) and join both leagues.

Classic League ID: 1060198-254631

Head-To-Head League ID: 1060198-254651

Draft League ID: 332601-82675
Draft time, Sun 6th Aug 9:30PM UK time

Enjoy the season!

User Log + Team Names
@Jimlaad43 - The Lions Mané
@domo_v2 - Fancy A Sané
@Famine - MarksLacazetteGo
@NINE_HUNDRED - Rooney Tunes
@Ross - Egg Fried Reus
@ASH32 - Team Ash
? - Klopps and Robbers
@m8h3r - OnlyGeaInTheVillage
@Akmuq - Inter Mi-nan
@adamp93 - Xhaka Laca Boom Boom
@Vegard - CoKane
@88GTA - Do££arumma
@Stotty - Stotty's Stars
? - Where's My Mane?
@MUSC4EVER - Nemanja Whoa-ooh!!
@longshot1314 - Christmas Carroll
? - The B Team
@DQuaN - TeamTori​

Last edited:
OK, the draft is going to be complicated. I cannot create a league that we all just join, it's not that simple.

Leagues of up to 16 players can be created. There is then a chosen date and time where everyone takes it in turns to pick your teams. Everyone has to be present for it to work.

Therefore there may have to be multiple draft leagues depending on times that we can all be around to do it.

If you want to be part of the draft league(s), please reply or tell me about it when you say you've signed up to the other two leagues, or reply now. I will then know how many leagues to make. If you could also tell me what times you can do. Any time between tomorrow (26 July) to the day before the season starts (10 August) are available, but I obviously want to wait a bit to make sure we're all ready.
My initial proposal is Sunday 6th August at 21:00 BST. Please respond if this is good.

Joined both leagues with Egg Fried Reus. Probably won't be able to do the draft league because of lack of availability

Joined both leagues, with the same boring team name as usual of course.:P

Will also likely do ok too, without actually winning, been the case every other year, doubt this year will be any different.:gtpflag:

Leagues of up to 16 players can be created. There is then a chosen date and time where everyone takes it in turns to pick your teams. Everyone has to be present for it to work.

Therefore there may have to be multiple draft leagues depending on times that we can all be around to do it.

If you want to be part of the draft league(s), please reply or tell me about it when you say you've signed up to the other two leagues, or reply now. I will then know how many leagues to make. If you could also tell me what times you can do. Any time between tomorrow (26 July) to the day before the season starts (10 August) are available, but I obviously want to wait a bit to make sure we're all ready.
My initial proposal is Sunday 6th August at 21:00 BST. Please respond if this is good.
I can make that.

So I've joined the classic and the H2H but I won't do the draft cause I often end up going a month without looking at it and I don't wanna stuff everything up for it.

So I've joined the classic and the H2H but I won't do the draft cause I often end up going a month without looking at it and I don't wanna stuff everything up for it.
Then the Draft is perfect for you as you do nothing after you pick your team...

Then the Draft is perfect for you as you do nothing after you pick your team...
Hmm actually then I'm in I misunderstood and thought we'd all have to be present at a set time each game week but I can make the time suggested above.

Hmm actually then I'm in I misunderstood and thought we'd all have to be present at a set time each game week but I can make the time suggested above.
From what I understand, it's almost exactly like the Draft system in American sports. A set of players is made available at the start of the season, and the managers take it in turns to pick them until there's no more players left to pick. The person who goes first will inevitably pick Harry Kane, and that means that no-one else can have Harry Kane.

It won't be exactly the same. American sports teams retaining their existing players and get to pick new ones coming through from college sports - we'll pick all the players because we don't have any. It'll be a set of (15 x teams entered) players, and I imagine that it'll be strategically selected from the whole player list, rather than being the whole player list. I also suspect it'll not have any team value caps.

There may well be a second draft - because the idea of being locked into that team for the whole season when you've picked a team that sucks wang might put some people off, but for now it's pick and forget, as far as I'm aware.

Ah, there is a kind of transfer system... sort of:

Q: What is FPL Draft?
The Scout: A brand new twist on Fantasy Premier League, FPL Draft is free to play and will complement the regular game.

You can take on your friends in private leagues made up of 2-16 managers or enter public leagues with strangers of up to eight managers.

Your squad must be made up of 15 players, consisting of two goalkeepers, five defenders, five midfielders and three forwards.

Each Premier League player can only be in one league squad.

A draft will take place with managers taking it in turns to make their player selections.

Q: Is there a squad budget?
The Scout: Player prices are not featured in FPL Draft.

A squad is selected through the draft process, with the order of picks deciding selection.

Q: How does the draft work?
The Scout: Before the draft process begins, a random order is generated which will "snake" from round to round of picks until all squads in a league are completed.

In a “snake draft” the pick order is reversed each round, for example:

Round 1: Team A, Team B, Team C, Team D.
Round 2: Team D, Team C, Team B, Team A.

Q: Do I gain an advantage by picking first?
The Scout: No, not at all. You might get your top-priority player in the first round but, when you come to pick again, as the last manager in round 2, you may find your other main targets have been selected.

In this way, the draft ensures all managers have the opportunity to choose competitive and balanced squads.

Q: When will the draft take place?
The Scout: The administrator of a private league can decide the date and time of the draft. This must be completed before the Gameweek 1 deadline at 6.45pm on 11 August, 2017.

In a public league, the draft will take place around 24 hours after the first team joins.

Q: What if I cannot make the draft?
The Scout: Before the draft, each manager can create a Watchlist of players, listed in priority order, representing their top targets for each position.

If you are absent for the duration or for any part of the draft, the Watchlist is used to automatically make selections on your behalf.

If no Watchlist is selected, draft ranks are used to prioritise automatic selections.

Each player in the game is given a draft rank based on their total FPL points last season and/or their potential for points in 2017/18.

Q: How does my team score points?
The Scout says: Players collect points in the same way as in the traditional Fantasy Premier League game.

There is one exception: an FPL draft squad does not have a captain or vice-captain.

Q: How do I make transfers?
The Scout: After the draft, managers can make changes to their squads in two ways.

They can submit a “waiver request” for a new player or make a direct transfer from the free agents pool.

There are no direct transfers between managers.

Q: What is a free agent?
The Scout: A free agent is a player not selected in the draft. These players can be swapped into squads 24 hours before the Gameweek deadline during the Free Agency mode.

New players added to the game, or players released by other managers, do not immediately become free agents.

Initially, they can only be signed through a waiver request.

Q: What are waivers?
The Scout: Similar to the draft process; a waiver ensures all managers get the chance to pick up new signings or players released by other managers.

You make a waiver request when proposing to swap a player in your squad with an unselected player in the same position.

These requests are processed 24 hours before the Gameweek deadline.

Any number of waiver requests can be made, if you make more than one, they will need to be prioritised.

Q: How do waivers work?
The Scout: A round of waivers runs once a week.

On the waiver deadline, a process will look through all the requests and make the transfers.

The lowest-ranked team will get their first waiver choice.

Before the season starts the waiver order will be the reverse of the draft order.

Once a waiver request is successful, the team in question will move to the end of the waiver queue for that Gameweek.

After waivers are processed, free agency mode will be active until the Gameweek deadline.

And that also means that we don't all need to be there @Jimlaad43 - if someone signs up to the Draft league and isn't there for the Draft itself, the game will pick players for them based on their Watchlist and ranking.

The waiver system means you can make changes if you want.

And that also means that we don't all need to be there @Jimlaad43 - if someone signs up to the Draft league and isn't there for the Draft itself, the game will pick players for them based on their Watchlist and ranking.
If you can't make it, make sure to set up a Watch list. The FPL set draft order is a bit weak, back up players at a big team are generally ahead of starters at a weaker team and quirks like that.

Edit: Any chance you could push that draft back half an hour? I get off work at 8:45 and wouldn't make it home in time.

Last edited:
Draft League set up for Sunday 6th August at 9:30PM UK time. The league name is GTPlanet. Please search for it, as I cannot for the life of me find the league code anywhere.

I am also keeping log of which teams are which users in the first post. If you know who to fill in the ?'s with, then please tell me.

@88GTA, @Stotty , @NINE_HUNDRED @ASH32 @Akmuq, I currently don't know which team each of you have in post 1. Could you please tell me if you know.

@domo_v2 @Ross
Also could you all sign up for the Draft if you both haven't already, and you want to.

Also, a message to everyone - please invite any other GTP members who you'd think would be interested to sign up please.

Back