FaQ of ACC next Gen by 505Games

• Thread starter Donnced
  • 24 comments
Spain
valencia
Donnced
Here's the FaQ of ACC next gen version, posted by 505games;

FAQ: Assetto Corsa Competizione PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S Release

Assetto Corsa Competizione is the Official GT World Challenge game, and it is coming to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S digitally on February 22nd and February 24th for Day 1 boxed edition.
Originally developed by the immensely talented Italian development team KUNOS Simulazioni, Assetto Corsa Competizione is a sim racing game unlike many others. Used by real-life racing drivers such as David Perel and James Baldwin, ACC delivers a super realistic racing experience, thanks to the incredible attention to detail not only on and in the cars (which have been built using actual manufacturer data) but also the circuits you race on.

Community Questions:

The next set of questions are taken directly from our community where you have sent in questions to us on our social channels.

Do players who already own the game on PS4 and Xbox One get a free upgrade?

-Yes, if you own the game on PS4 or Xbox One you will be able to upgrade for free, your DLC and saves will also be carried over

Can you race with 30 cars offline and online?
-Yes, next generation consoles will support up to 30 cars on track

Will console version be the same as PC version on release?
-Not immediately, whilst we are working hard to bring the most recent update to console, we want to make sure we get it right. The 1.8 update is coming, and it is something we are working on as a priority.

Will there be driver swaps on PS5 and Xbox Series X/S?
-Currently there are no plans to integrate driver swaps on PS5 and Xbox Series X/S

Will there be new cars with this update?
-The BMW M4 GT3 will be available with the new update.

Can you use a button box on next gen consoles?
-At the moment we have no official support for button boxes.

Will there be an FOV slider on console?
-Yes there will be, just as we have a FOV slider on our PC version you will now be able to alter this on PS5 and Xbox Series X/S.

Will there be pedal dead zone sliders on console?
-Not currently, but we hope to introduce this functionality post-launch.

Will there be cross play between consoles? E.g. PS4 and PS5?
-Not at launch. You will only be able to race with other players on the same console as you. Cross play across console generations is something we are looking at in the future
The reasons for this are that PS5 and Xbox Series X/S support private lobbies and PS4/Xbox One does not have this feature. Also, the next gen consoles runs at a constant 60fps which gives them a distinct advantage over last gen players.

Will force feedback be improved for Xbox users?
-The team at Kunos have reviewed the new capabilities that Gen 9 consoles provide us and with this, we have made changes that ensure force feedback will take full advantage these changes.

Are custom lobbies available directly for PS5 and Xbox Series X/S players?
-Yes and this feature will be available from launch

Will there be VR support for PlayStation users?
-There are currently no plans to release VR support for PlayStation.

Will there be keyboard and mouse support?
-No, as of launch these are not supported on the console version of Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Will there be free cam support for replays?
-At the moment free cams are not supported, but it is possible that it could be introduced in a later update.

What version will the game launch on?
-Initially ACC will launch on 1.7, as soon as all changes are complete for the 1.8 build we will be updating the next gen version.

General Questions:

How much will Assetto Corsa Competizione cost?
-The game will cost £34.99/$39.99/€39.99
Why should I upgrade from PS4/Xbox One?
There are many big improvements for players on PS5/Xbox Series X/S. These include:

-60fps
-30 driver multiplayer lobbies
-4K resolution is supported
-Faster load times
-Smoother race experience
-2021 Official season liveries
-Includes the BMW M4 GT3

Is there a difference in performance from last gen consoles to new gen consoles?
-Yes, with the improvements in technology we have been able to make the game run much smoother. This also includes faster loading times and the visuals are being pushed even further with 4K support.

Can I pre-order Assetto Corsa Competizione Digitally?
-There isn’t a pre-order period digitally, if you buy the game before the 22nd of February, you will get the free upgrade upon release.

Can I pre-order Assetto Corsa Competizione in store?
-Yes, stores will accept pre-orders. Please refer to your chosen retailer for more information.

Why should I pre-order Assetto Corsa Competizione in store?
-The physical edition will include the 2020 GT World Challenge Pack DLC free of charge.

What FPS does Assetto Corsa Competizione run at on Next Gen Console?
-Due to improvements in technology, we are now able to run ACC at 60fps.

Will PS4 and Xbox One receive these updates?
-No, we are currently fully focused on implementing and improving current gen versions, as we aim to bring them at the same exact versioning of the PC version.

Where can I find support for Assetto Corsa Competizione?
-Please reach out to us at https://support.505games.com where you can find answers to the most commonly asked questions or submit a ticket for further assistance. You can also find us on Twitter.(https://twitter.com/505support) and Discord (https://discord.com/invite/505games).

Is there a bug report form for Assetto Corsa Competizione?
-You can submit a bug report at the following link for our team to review: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/acc-console/index.html.

Does Assetto Corsa Competizione require internet to play?
-The game has a full single player career mode and single player offline races which you can compete in without internet. However, keeping your console connected to the internet will allow you to have the most up to date version of the game, providing you with the best experience available.

Does Assetto Corsa Competizione support local multiplayer?
-No, only online multiplayer is available.

How does multiplayer work in Assetto Corsa Competizione?
-We have servers all over the globe, this allows you, no matter the location to have the best connection to the other racers you’re on track with. Additionally, players can race together in a private lobby or rent a server to host their own sessions with rules and leagues.

Does Assetto Corsa Competizione have anything in place to promote and aid clean racing?
-Online ranked racing is only available after racers gave proven a certain level of clean, fair and responsible racing in other game modes.

Does Assetto Corsa Competizione have controller support?
-Yes, native controllers are supported.

What tracks are included in the Assetto Corsa Competizione base game?
-Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
-Brands Hatch
-Hungaroring
-Misano
-Monza
-Nurburgring
-Paul Ricard
-Silverstone
-Spa Francorchamps
-Zandvoort
-Zolder

What DLC’s are available for the console version of Assetto Corsa Competizione?
-All previously released DLC is available for the console version of ACC, these include:

-2020 GT World Challenge Pack
-ACC GT4 Pack
-ACC Intercontinental GT Pack
-British GT Pack

Will the 2021 liveries come to PS4 and Xbox One?
-No, previous gen consoles will remain as they are and updates will now come to next gen consoles.

PlayStation 5 Questions:

How much HDD space is required to install and run Assetto Corsa Competizione?
-15GB as a maximum is what is required to download all content onto the PS5.

Does Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 have Ray Tracing support?
-No, the game will run at 4K, 60fps maximum quality.

Is there a PlayStation store page link?
-Yes, use the following link: https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP4040-CUSA17266_00-ACCOMP0000000000.

Xbox Series X/S Questions:

How much HDD space is required to install and run Assetto Corsa Competizione?
-15GB as a maximum is what is required to download all content onto the Xbox Series X/S.

Will Assetto Corsa Competizione perform differently on Xbox Series X in comparison to Xbox Series S?
-No, both consoles will run the game to the same level.

Does Assetto Corsa Competizione on Xbox Series X/S have Ray Tracing support?
-No, the game will run at 4K, 60fps maximum quality.

Is there an Xbox Series X/S store page link?
-Yes, use the following link: https://www.xbox.com/en-gb/games/store/Assetto-Corsa-Competizione/9P6QRRZQKPCM.

We can’t wait to see you out on the track, don’t forget to head over to our socials to show off your overtakes, favourite racing moments and discuss all things Assetto Corsa!

Here's link to the FaQ;

Last edited:
Shame we aren't getting 1.8 but the increase to 30 cars offline and online is great.
I always moan about rolling starts but I'm still worried they won't be fixed.
Does FOV also mean seat adjustment? That should go hand in hand with FOV to get the position just right. Doesn't say though.
And also with the DOR now save per car?
Still some info not given. Will have to wait till next week to find out I guess.

Last edited:
Shame we aren't getting 1.8 but the increase to 30 cars offline and online is great.
I always moan about rolling starts but I'm still worried they won't be fixed.
Does FOV also mean seat adjustment? That should go hand in hand with FOV to get the position just right. Doesn't say though.
And also with the DOR now save per car?
Still some info not given. Will have to wait till next week to find out I guess.

Honestly I was expecting more...and at least 1.8 from "launch"

The increase of resolution and graphics ok, but reading that there will be no difference between Xbox series S and X made me ask if it isn't a minimal improvement in those aspects.

Vof slider welcomed as the 30 cars on track

About FFB options, wanted to know more, like if autodor is finally implemented and so we don't have to introduce manually steering lock of each car anymore and so one..

Is competition point rating fixed??

Still a lot of questions need to be answered..

That old Gen consoles versions don't gonna get updated anymore is sad, while Marco Said in a interview that they would look into it once next Gen version is launched...

Can’t wait to get a PS5. 30 cars will be awesome.

Any word if the F-Type and Mustang GT4 cars will debut?

Honestly I was expecting more...and at least 1.8 from "launch"

The increase of resolution and graphics ok, but reading that there will be no difference between Xbox series S and X made me ask if it isn't a minimal improvement in those aspects.

Vof slider welcomed as the 30 cars on track

About FFB options, wanted to know more, like if autodor is finally implemented and so we don't have to introduce manually steering lock of each car anymore and so one..

Is competition point rating fixed??

Still a lot of questions need to be answered..

That old Gen consoles versions don't gonna get updated anymore is sad, while Marco Said in a interview that they would look into it once next Gen version is launched...
Wonder if there's a mistranslation with the Series S stuff, fairly sure that won't run 4k60.

Trust me: enjoy 1.7 while you still can. The physics in 1.8 made cars so much harder to drive.

On a separate note: it’s a shame that there’s no cross play. And this pretty much confirms the end of ps4 support. Not surprising given how it performed.

I suspect ACC on ps5 will basically be an offline/online league only game without cross platform online. It was expected though.

I think I am most disappointed that it will only update to 1.7. Isn't already on 1.7?

Trust me: enjoy 1.7 while you still can. The physics in 1.8 made cars so much harder to drive.

On a separate note: it’s a shame that there’s no cross play. And this pretty much confirms the end of ps4 support. Not surprising given how it performed.
That’s what I’ve been hearing

kjb
I think I am most disappointed that it will only update to 1.7. Isn't already on 1.7?

Yes the actual game is already on 1.7 on console.
But they add the M4 which is from 1.8 if I'm correct and the 2021 liveries..

So it's a quite modified 1.7 version specific for the next Gen version launch apparently

505? You mean the dev that made that awesome game with the boring ass story? What was it called again? Control?

Very disappointed that it won't launch in version 1.8. Who knows how long it takes before "all changes are complete for the 1.8 build". And does this also hint that even the next-gen console version will always be 1 major version behind the PC version? Because it sounds to me that they are porting the PC version afterward, instead of sharing the same core code base with the console version.

Last edited:
Very disappointed that it won't launch in version 1.8. Who knows how long it takes before "all changes are complete for the 1.8 build". And does this also hint that even the next-gen console version will always be 1 major version behind the PC version? Because it sounds to me that they are porting the PC version afterward, instead of sharing the same core code base with the console version.
This is what Car X Technologies does with Car X drifting Online. They update the PC then the consoles. I think the delay comes from Sony & Microsoft QA. I could be wrong though

Wish they could offer 1080p mode but with higher graphics settings on Series X. I play on a 1080p monitor so 4k isn't a must for me.

Last edited:
I don't think I did. Xbox Series X will still be 4k only from what I can see and I doubt they will be able to push PC's Epic preset at that resolution. That's why a 1080p mode with increased settings would be great to have - Series X should be able to do Epic preset at 1080p. If not higher. The game will propably still look good though. On 1080p screen 4k means very sharp image with pretty much no aliasing.

Series S has to run in 1080p of course. That was to be expected. Let's hope Series S owners get stable 60fps experience as well.

Last edited:
I don't think I did. Xbox Series X will still be 4k only from what I can see and I doubt they will be able to push PC's Epic preset at that resolution. That's why a 1080p mode with increased settings would be great to have - Series X should be able to do Epic preset at 1080p. If not higher. The game will propably still look good though. On 1080p screen 4k means very sharp image with pretty much no aliasing.

Series S has to run in 1080p of course. That was to be expected. Let's hope Series S owners get stable 60fps experience as well.
I'd take a 1440p output with increased fidelity as a middle ground. Really hoping they can hit a solid 60fps at 4k otherwise it's pointless.

The 120 fps works only in select games. You can set the refresh rate to 120hz but if the game is 30 or 60 fps it will still run at that refresh rate. Not a lot of games, especially racers run at 120, even on Series X. Resolution also depends on the game.

Last edited:
Back