Fast and Furious 9 Trailer Shows the Franchise Isn't Slowing Down

Watches trailer.

3+ minutes later...

gl4yDfV.jpg

The only reason I’d see this is because of Han. Him and Brian were my favorite characters out of the series. What’s next? Johnny Tran, Jesse, Leon, and Vince come back?

R.I.P John Cena :lol::lol:

I need to know how to survive a car explosion when I'm on the interior lol

The problem with movies like this is that when you start doing ridiculous stunts with the cars, you're kind of forced to out-do yourself with each new movie. Then by the time you get to movie #9, it's just so unbelievable that all you can do is not watch it. And that's what I'm going to do. As cheesy as the first movie is, will always be my favorite.

Last edited:
Hang on, I've cracked it...

[crackpot theory] The whole FF universe is set in a state of purgatory in Vin Diesel's head. That's why no one's really gone except for Brian, because Paul is actually dead IRL. He discovered the reality before the rest and found 'a way' to pass to the other side. Sadly the rest are still trapped and slowly the rest of Hollywood is getting engulfed by Diesel. Much like a dream world, the laws of physics do not apply and until someone destroys Diesel these poor actors remain trapped in 'the fast family'. #savethefastfam [/crackpot theory]

I've always maintained that the first film was the best. Whilst it was riddled with mistakes and plenty of meme fodder, it has the most plausible plot and purposefully made the cars the stars of the show.

If the franchise went by any other name that separated it from the first movie then would we complain as much? Fact is we all go to watch them for a bit of light relief. And for me, as a non-fan of comic book related movies, it's one of the few options left for an action movie.

Should’ve stopped after Paul died in my opinion.
...no. They should have stopped after Fast 1. The series was already ridiculous and confusing enough with Fast 2, and now they are literally reaching for the stars with both - ridiculousness and magical physics ;)

I don't say Fast 1 was an incredibly good movie, but at some point, even if it was spiced with usual Hollywood magic, was believable (in terms of portraying illegal street racing).

Fast 2 was the last of them I went to see in cinema, the others was just occasionally when they were on TV. Same will happen with Fast 9.

The franchise isnt slowing down? I thought its already dead.

Reading comments or talking to FF fans, its obvious that the core viewers have left the FF Train. Other people, if at all, are watching it.
The reason for that is simple, like a ex worker of that studio said, the newer movies have absolutely nothing to do with cars. I remember in Fast 6 or 7 or whatever, i watched the whole movie and timed all sections with cars in it. The total time of cars were 15% or something like that.

They LITERALLY use the Fast and Furious name to sell more tickets but we all know its just a Hollywood Action movie. Tbh, a few of them were good/okey action movies and would have gotten a much better reputation if they had used a different movie name

The franchise isnt slowing down? I thought its already dead.

Reading comments or talking to FF fans, its obvious that the core viewers have left the FF Train. Other people, if at all, are watching it.
The reason for that is simple, like a ex worker of that studio said, the newer movies have absolutely nothing to do with cars. I remember in Fast 6 or 7 or whatever, i watched the whole movie and timed all sections with cars in it. The total time of cars were 15% or something like that.

They LITERALLY use the Fast and Furious name to sell more tickets but we all know its just a Hollywood Action movie. Tbh, a few of them were good/okey action movies and would have gotten a much better reputation if they had used a different movie name

Thing is... Fast 8 made a billion dollars. So people are watching it. Yeah it’s not mainly a car movie anymore but still a highly highly profitable franchise.

Fast Five was the best one. There wasn't too much stupidity - the safe chase sequence was clearly impossible, but just silly enough to be enjoyable - and it was still full of cars being actual cars. The million dollar drag race was funny too.

Ever since that it's been dumb as balls. Oh Letty's not dead after all (making 4 just as pointless as 7 is now), and she's forgotten who she is except for how to drive and she's with a rival group who are stealing things but bad stealing things, also the longest runway ever made and Wonder Woman dies because. And now you've hurt him, so his brother is hunting you down and starting by killing Wonder Woman's boyfriend and phoning you to let you know, but also stealing an improbable device that can detect anyone anywhere except in the middle of Los Angeles and let's kill a drone with an ambulance and a helicopter with a car and jump a supercar through three buildings 1,000ft from the ground. But now he's your buddy because an evil hacker stole a kid you didn't know about and she wants a submarine.

Any bets on who's not really dead and who has a brother nobody knew about in FF10?

Latest Posts

Back