Fastest car under 600pp - Nurburgring Lap times Added!

GYMKHANA_RYAN43
What's the fastest car around the Nurburgring under 600pp from your experience?

I ask this as 600pp is a common number for online rooms.

I'm only really interested in cars that aren't limited too much. (Less than 35pp taken off by limiters and ballast)

Leaderboard

1. Mclaren F1 - 6:35:476 - Easy to control and fast - Self Tuned - Keep all 4 wheels on track and you're on for a fast time.
2. HKS CT230R - 6:37:495 - Very Controllable, slightly lacks punch on straights - Self tuned to kill the understeer - Good car for beginners at the ring but does improve with tuning.
3. HPA Twin Turbo TT - 6:38:463 (With crash into sand) - Insanely fast in the straights and out of the corners - Changed only a few things when tuning - Harder to control as it feels more 'wobbly' than the CT230R but handles and accelerates very well.
4. Dodge Viper ACR - 6:38:521 - Previously held the production car record for the Nurb in RL - Very controllable, good in corners - Tuned very slightly - Lacks some speed out of the corners.
5. Camaro RM - 6:40:880 - Feels light and agile, good in corners - Tuned very slightly - Slow in straights and loses control easily If you stray off the track.
6. Mazda RX7 LM - 6:41:167 - Good car in the corners - Had to tune it quite a bit - Quite slow in straights and oversteers a lot, sounds horrible.
7. Mines BNR34 Skyline - 6:41:536 - Most controllable car tested, fast - Tuned Slightly - a reliable if not spectacular lap time.
8. ISF Racing Concept - 6:45:132 - Grips very well in corners - Tuned Slightly - Boringly slow out of the corners and not fast in the straights.
9. Jaguar XKR Coupe - 6:45:393 (Many crashes, found it hard to control without lots of practice laps) - Quite fast and good in the corners if you can manage the oversteer - Tuned a lot - Very unpredictable

All lap times are from cars tuned <600pp and nothing over.
Cars are running on racing soft tyres
Some have been self tuned to enable faster laps whilst staying under 600pp
Each car got one lap. Crashes/mistakes have been noted
Tunes I used are available on request and I will post them in this thread if people want them.

Thanks In Advance

Last edited:
I asked a similar question in the tuning forum and one of the responses was to try the FTO Super Touring car. It's pretty good and has about 575 PP. I also like the Ferrari F430 Scuderia.

I might try the s2000 later. I've always used it for drifting in the passed, actually never drove it in a straight line.

Is there much of a difference between the NSX-R and the NSX Type R?

The gt300 cars are closer to 500pp and can mix with the 600pp so with a little tuning they would be great.

The gt300 cars are closer to 500pp and can mix with the 600pp so with a little tuning they would be great.

I've always found they lack a bit of pace for the Nurburgring though. What they make up in the corners they lose twice in the straights and fast flowing sections

Last edited:
How about any of the NSX JGTC's? Keep the downforce at a medium level to keep up at the straight and if you can master the handling you should be right up there.

Same here. McLaren MP4 12C, Amuse Nismo 380RS Super Leggera with a few parts to up the HP and PP. M3 GTR with a bit of an upgrade. Saleen S7 with a bit more HP... NSX R Prototype.

Just tried it in something completely different,

Jaguar XKR Coupe

You get away with have about 740 BHP in this thing, I've managed to tune it so kill the excessive oversteer and it felt pretty good.

Last edited:
Retested- Each car got just one qualifying lap, if i/it screwed it up then it doesn't matter.

More results will be posted as and when I test new cars

1. HKS CT230R - 6:37:495
2. HPA TT - 6:38:463 (With crash into sand)
3. Tommykaira ZZII - 6:39:243 (Added downforce to rear and it's much more controllable)
4. Mines BNR34 Skyline - 6:41:536
5. Jaguar XKR Coupe - 6:45:393 (Many crashes, found it hard to control without lots of practice laps)
6. Camaro RM - 6:40:880

If you have any other cars you want me to test just post them here and I'll try and get round to it.
I consider myself to be a reasonable driver, I win most online races I enter but occasionally get owned by someone really good.

If you have lapped the Nurburgring Nordshleife Circuit in a time faster than me in a car up to 600pp (With a gap large enough to be more than just the difference between our skill) then please post and I'll try it for myself.

Thanks

Ryan

Last edited:
You can try the Ferrari SP1, it's just an F430 with more downforce.

I think that it can be tuned to around 600pp and still post quick laptimes.

I might try the s2000 later. I've always used it for drifting in the passed, actually never drove it in a straight line.

Is there much of a difference between the NSX-R and the NSX Type R?

Yeah, practically everything :)
The TypeR although fast in its own regard, is "only" a Honda factory slightly tuned edition of the NSX. Next to it the NSX-R proto is a high revving performance beast, and around 600pp a true time attacker. Give it a try, you wont regret.

I know you don't want JGTC cars but the Castrol TOMs Supra 01 should get a mention ... 1100Kg ... 560bhp ... Laps Nurburgring in 6.18.

On a side note, fully tuned Silvia RM does 6.45s on the Nurburgring.

I have just tried 2 NSX cars, the NSX-R Concept and the NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car.
Both are standard cars, I haven't tried the premium NSX yet.

Both are very good, the NSX-R Concept can only go upto a bit over 550pp. It's well balanced and has good handling. But it lacks downforce, as the GT Auto wing only provides 20 units of downforce to the rear. It's still good for a 550pp car though.

The NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car is a beast. Its wide bodykit provides it with racing car amounts of downforce. It can also rev very high too and has more torque than the NSX-R Concept. Tuning it to 600pp is possible as it will accept turbochargers.

I just tried the Acura NSX from the premium dealership. Racing modded it got to 550pp.

Lap time for the nurb showed the loss of 50 pp over it's rivals.

It came in at 6:55:998

about 18 seconds slower than my fastest time so far

Do you know if the Mazda RX7 LM Race Car would be any good?

Stock 586 pp

1080kg

Tonnes of Downforce

470 BHP - Pre-Tuning

Back