Fastest car under 600pp - Nurburgring Lap times Added!

how much can you tune/play with the downforce while keeping it under 600pp?

Max tuned it has 621hp / 1340kg / 606pp. So at default downforce settings (15/20 front, 40/50 rear) it has exactly 600pp. Really a great forgiving car that goes where you tell it.

Retested- Each car got just one qualifying lap, if i/it screwed it up then it doesn't matter.

More results will be posted as and when I test new cars

1. HKS CT230R - 6:37:495
2. HPA TT - 6:38:463 (With crash into sand)
3. Tommykaira ZZII - 6:39:243 (Added downforce to rear and it's much more controllable)
4. Mines BNR34 Skyline - 6:41:536
5. Jaguar XKR Coupe - 6:45:393 (Many crashes, found it hard to control without lots of practice laps)
6. Camaro RM - 6:40:880

Ryan
I drove the HKS Evo once and I hated how it pushes into corners, did you get that lap-time with stock settings? What is your opinion on the car?

EDIT: I really need to learn how to combine quotes...

Mines BNR34 Skyline loves to turn and hauls ass out of corners.
+2

BTW for times, what's the benchmark tyre?

PS I really enjoy my RM Elise around the ring, but I've only ever raced on the 24h track (for the 4h enduro). Might have to give it a run and set some times but it feels like a sub 7 car

Retested- Each car got just one qualifying lap, if i/it screwed it up then it doesn't matter.

More results will be posted as and when I test new cars

1. HKS CT230R - 6:37:495
2. HPA TT - 6:38:463 (With crash into sand)
3. Tommykaira ZZII - 6:39:243 (Added downforce to rear and it's much more controllable)
4. Mines BNR34 Skyline - 6:41:536
5. Jaguar XKR Coupe - 6:45:393 (Many crashes, found it hard to control without lots of practice laps)
6. Camaro RM - 6:40:880

I have the TT and while I've never considered myself a really good racer I can't even get close to your time. Do you use a wheel or DS3? I realize this isn't the place, but... would you mind sharing your setup for your TT?

Thanks

veyron1001
The NSX-R will do high 6:30's with only 560pp

Cheese cars...
___

Why do you guys choose cars simply because they are the best for whatever restrictions they can fall under? Makes for very boring online racing when equal skilled drivers are using cars that your car can't compete with, even under the same PP restrictions.

I drove the HKS Evo once and I hated how it pushes into corners, did you get that lap-time with stock settings? What is your opinion on the car?

EDIT: I really need to learn how to combine quotes...

I've set it up with a very wacky set up, designed to iron out the hideous understeer. I can share it if you want but it may take some getting used too.

+2

BTW for times, what's the benchmark tyre?

PS I really enjoy my RM Elise around the ring, but I've only ever raced on the 24h track (for the 4h enduro). Might have to give it a run and set some times but it feels like a sub 7 car

Some people may disagree with my choice but I do use racing softs.

I'm doing one lap attacks around the ring and for me, if all cars are running the same tyres then it should give an accurate reading of their maximum potential.

I've used the Lotus RM a couple of times for the ring.

I'd have to say that in the corners it is very fast and makes up time on many other, far more powerful cars.

Yet in the main straight it tops out at about 165, It just loses all that it gained soo fast. (Especially when the HPA TT and mines skyline scrape 200)

The NSX-R will do high 6:30's with only 560pp

Just have to play the waiting game and hope for it to come up in my UCD then.

I have the TT and while I've never considered myself a really good racer I can't even get close to your time. Do you use a wheel or DS3? I realize this isn't the place, but... would you mind sharing your setup for your TT?

Thanks

I use a DS3

Sure I can share it. I don't think I've done loads too it but it certainly felt great around the ring.

P.s. What tyres were you using?

with 630 PP i can do a Lap Time of 6:07.655 with my Top Secret Car. ;)

Go on then, share it with us, we all want to know ^^

Impreza Super Touring Car is in my UCD at the moment. Anyone know if this is likely to be a contender?

Last edited:
Go on then, share it with us, we all want to know ^^

ok can i just take a picture of the lap time showed on the Practice mode ? it shows the time and the name of the car. I dont know if the replay is there, but if you dont like it, i could alaway run again while a friend record with a camera ^^

but yes, the secret car, got only 630 PP and i do a 100% lap time of 6 min - 6:10min easyyyy :D

btw, it is a Road Car ;)

sure thing. Take a picture of the lap time with the car name in it ;)

If i need further evidence I may ask for a replay but lets just see what it is first

(Now you're going to tell me it's some hybrid'ed Daihatsu Midget right! :P)

Last edited:
600pp is more than i usually race. I do drive the Ford GT at that PP but dont recall my laptimes off the top of my head.

at 550pp i get the tacoma round the 'ring in 6:52. Rx-7 Spirit R in the 6:40s at 550.

At 600PP, my Takata NSX can go below 6:20 offline. Times below 6:30 are very easy online with Racing Softs.

As mentioned earlier I am looking more for road cars.

Don't get me wrong, super GT/ JGTC does have it's place but I don't really like driving them :(

+ ISF Racing Concept : 6:45:132

Last edited:
Just got a Viper ACR round in 6:38:XXX

I expected it to be insanely tail happy but it felt 'glued' to the road without understeer, on standard race suspension settings (-10 ride height).

This has the potential to go even faster

I find the XKR Coupe '10 easy to control. I also get better lap times with the premium Aston Martin DB9 Coupe but I have yet to try both on Nordschleife. My favorite sub 600pp cars are the Amuse NISMO 380RS Super Leggera and the RE Amemiya Amemiya AsparaDrink RX7 (Super GT) '06.

Nordshliefe is quite different to many other circuits in that it is narrow, fast, bumpy and the track goes straight into grass verges, some rear wheel drive cars pull you off the track if you stick one of the back wheels into the grass. That was one of the main problems I had with the XKR

May have to try the 380 rs. Mine's set for drifting at the moment though

Nordshliefe is quite different to many other circuits in that it is narrow, fast, bumpy and the track goes straight into grass verges, some rear wheel drive cars pull you off the track if you stick one of the back wheels into the grass. That was one of the main problems I had with the XKR

May have to try the 380 rs. Mine's set for drifting at the moment though

Oh yeah I know about the grass. That kills me in most RWD cars. :crazy:

HPA Twin Turbo Audi TT

Aero: 15/30

Ballast: 5kg
Position:0

Stage 3 Engine
Power Limit: 625 BHP
High RPM Turbo

Fully Customisable Transmission
Max Speed 207

LSD:
10/10
40/40
20/20

Torque: 40/60

Suspension
Ride Height: -22/-19
Spring Rate: 7.3/5.9
Extension: 5/5
Compression: 5/5
ARB: 3/3
Camber: 1/0.5
Toe: 0/0.20

Brakes: 5/5

Tyres: Racing Soft

I think it's pretty close to stock with a few minor adjustments

Good luck with the tune

Just lapped the Nurb in this again with a few more practice runs.
2 times of 6:35:864 and 6:36:006
I have a replay of the latter that I might upload tomorrow.

It was an 'Invalid lap' for I ever so slightly cut the corner too much on one of the fast sections. I more than lost what little I gained from that with a couple of slide offs near the end.

(when I upload) Judge for yourself but the replays clearly show what this car is capable of (and with a gear ratio that is way to short ><)

Please could you leave feedback if you try this tune,

Cheers

Ryan

Last edited:
luisgo98
definetly not the Caterham Seven

Stock Fireblade = 8:30
Stock with RS = 7:47
Fully modded = 7:28

Definitely not my best laps. A good driver with a good setup (my tune wasn't for the 'ring) could nock at least 15 seconds off of my time, and warm tyres (at least an extra lap) could nock another 15 seconds off.

As mentioned earlier I am looking more for road cars.

Don't get me wrong, super GT/ JGTC does have it's place but I don't really like driving them :(

+ ISF Racing Concept : 6:45:132

Can you classify a Camaro RM (Race Mod) still as a "Road Car" or is it after the race mod a race car? :confused:

Btw. there are 2 Camaro's you can race mod. The Z28 '69 & the SS '10.

Back