Fastest Guy You've Raced

• Thread starter cudadude2
  • 320 comments
GTP_CudaDude
I was just racing 750 Suzuka and a green S2000 racer was in the race only he sopped at the starting line and sat there. at the beginning of the 3rd lap, I already had a 13 second lead over the field when i passed his stationary car at the line. he'd caught me by the hairpin and had to be 10 seconds ahead by the finish line! and i ran a 2:05 lap! that was just insane.
the name was pimlico(ca) or something similer.

b

Was it patricq? Very quick racer. And being that far behind you, he is going to post an insance lap, due to the "boost" for being that far behind.

The fastest I have encountered: Cudadude, Drama-kyd, Earth, and Patricq.... not in that order. There are others that are very fast, but those are the ones that come to mind.

Cudadude, Drama-kyd, Spy_Hunter, GuyLeDouche, Alo##(I forget the numbers after his name) and Earth are all very quick drivers. There are many more, but my good drivers list is at home.

I think the fastest I've been against must be Earth and Drama-kyd, those guys really make me feel self-counscious about my driving.

I'm not going to include fast drivers who use dirty tactics for obvious reasons.

I was going to make a list but when it passed 10 members I stopped. Every GTP member I've raced has shown a pace quicker then most non members. If you asked me who is the fastest I have raced I honestly couldn't tell you. I still don't have a clear idea of my true pace. There are too many variables. Different types of cars. Different tuning. The rubberband physics. Some drivers accel on certain tracks better then other tracks.

Only one fast, clean racer outside of this site comes to my mind though I have raced others, and that is Heli-Eric. If he hits you he will stop and wait for you. Last night he was driving a 700pp tuned Evolution X pretty quick and finished 2nd I think, he even apologized for bumping me in the race via a psn message.

since we are talking about paces, I was wondering what would be fast lap times for 500pp 600pp and 750pp in suzuka.

since we are talking about paces, I was wondering what would be fast lap times for 500pp 600pp and 750pp in suzuka.

Because of the catchup mechanic, lap times aren't really comparable from one race to the other. Larger fields with a few backmarkers will hamper even the best hotlapper at the front.

Spyhunter, Earth, Cuda are 3 quick GTP drivers. Drama-kyd is in there too, I had the most fun and hot races with him up to now, we always made it up the pack and finish 1 2.

Because of the catchup mechanic, lap times aren't really comparable from one race to the other. Larger fields with a few backmarkers will hamper even the best hotlapper at the front.

I understand about the catchup part. I use the free run function to setup/test cars for the races, i would to know if my lap times are good enough to play with the big boys. So the question is not really related to races but rather during testing/setup, what's a good time for the 500, 500 and 750pp in suzuka.

I can always keep up with Drama-kyd for a bit, but man, I always get iffy about hitting him, or blocking him, and I always just tense up and lose it.

I also owe him an apology. The other day I was all over the place. I wasn't gunning for him, I was, however, gunning for the guy who took sights on both of us.

I understand about the catchup part. I use the free run function to setup/test cars for the races, i would to know if my lap times are good enough to play with the big boys. So the question is not really related to races but rather during testing/setup, what's a good time for the 500, 500 and 750pp in suzuka.

Good free run times to shoot for:
750pp -> ~2:08 (bumped up from ~2:06)
600pp -> ~2:20 (bumped up from ~2:12)
500pp -> ~2:30 (bumped up from ~2:20)

Top TT times with 750pp are ~1:58, but most races are against people with far less skill. My best TT time is currently a shade over 2:03, but I haven't spent a lot of time there. I think I could get down to the 2:01 range with my Mine's, and maybe a bit lower with a Ford GT LM if I ever get the hang of exploiting the oversteer. I'm not the fastest out there, but I'm competitive at least, and am always looking to give a good challenge to some of the other guys you find here.

You'll know it's a good clean race if the top 3 finish at under 6:30 in 750pp, or under 7:00 in 600pp.

Edit: I've adjusted the hotlap times up across the board after spending some time with these yesterday. 2:20 with 500pp was insanely unrealistic. The other figures are achievable, but not required to be competitive online in the pro races. Getting a 2:06 in 750pp or 2:12 in 600pp means you'll probably be racing for the win in most races as long as you hold it together.

I'm a frontrunner in Suzuka 500PP races and funnily enough I was taking some laptimes today in arcade mode races to see what cars I could use as a bit of a change from the norm. These are a few laptimes I got, all cars as near to 500PP as they get:

Alfa Romeo Brera: 2:29.518 (with a large slide in the esses)
Daihatsu OFC-1: 2:34.727 (clean lap, but not a very quick car on the straights!)
Lotus Elise 96: 2:27.042 (with a fair bit of slipstreaming from the car in front)
Mini Cooper S: 2:26.701 (clean lap)
VW Golf Mk4 GTI: 2:31.005 (with an off into the gravel)

As you can see, the Mini is quickest. I'm rarely beaten if I use that car, so that's your indication of top pace. However, I generally use the Elise for fun :sly:

Back on topic, the fastes guy I've raced online was in the old PP550 events, and later the 600 events, a guy from Ireland called blasos. We were very evenly matched every time we raced.

500pp -> ~2:20

That time seems quite optimistic

I'm a frontrunner in Suzuka 500PP races and funnily enough I was taking some laptimes today in arcade mode races to see what cars I could use as a bit of a change from the norm. These are a few laptimes I got, all cars as near to 500PP as they get:

Alfa Romeo Brera: 2:29.518 (with a large slide in the esses)
Daihatsu OFC-1: 2:34.727 (clean lap, but not a very quick car on the straights!)
Lotus Elise 96: 2:27.042 (with a fair bit of slipstreaming from the car in front)
Mini Cooper S: 2:26.701 (clean lap)
VW Golf Mk4 GTI: 2:31.005 (with an off into the gravel)

As you can see, the Mini is quickest. I'm rarely beaten if I use that car, so that's your indication of top pace. However, I generally use the Elise for fun :sly:

Back on topic, the fastes guy I've raced online was in the old PP550 events, and later the 600 events, a guy from Ireland called blasos. We were very evenly matched every time we raced.

Interesting......... i hope to see you sometime at Suzuka homeforsummer, i'm currently running a altenza at Suzuka in the PP500..... and running 2.28's all alone, no drafting taking place.

i long to see some GTP members online, the only one i've seen is Jase_72, and we had our race cut short by a disgruntled punter who disconnected :ouch:

But who is the fastest guy you've ever raced? 💡

skylinecrazy was quite a quick racer at Suzuka 500PP......... he went real, real REAL deep into the final chicane....... and managed to win from being 1.6 seconds down at the final sector:crazy:

Pritty sure Mid 20's is possible in the mazda atenza on 500pp suzuka, it is suprisingly quick. A lot of fun to beat people in 750pp races with hehe..

I'm in suzuka 500PP in a red mini .. SpiffyDeeezy. im on a lot but no one is EVER one !! :ouch::ouch:

I've raced you a few times at Suzuka pp500 in my white Integra. Always a challenge to keep up.:) Just got a Mini, hope to see you again soon.:sly:

Div and Cuda Dude just walk right by me on Suzuka pp750.

Honda integra is around 2.26 at Suzuka 500pp too & maybe faster than the Mini ;)

I have yet to discover a really fast driver but I will be on the lookout for the names mentioned here!!

I hope I bump into them somewhere along the line.

I can run 1:26.0 in the mini cooper from the front, had some good races against Rudi_Raser (i think thats how he spells it :)) and skylinecrazy both were quick. Also, it's always good to see anyone with GTP_*** on the entry list.

Side note: This thread is the first I've heard mention of the boost 'feature' and it makes sense of some of the times i've run that I couldn't figure. I thought maybe I'd had some kind of miracle Senna esque lap :dunce:

Side note: This thread is the first I've heard mention of the boost 'feature' and it makes sense of some of the times i've run that I couldn't figure. I thought maybe I'd had some kind of miracle Senna esque lap

Yeah, it's puzzled me - whenever I'm behind, I catch-up, whenever I'm in front, I get caught-up! What's that all about? Why would they programme something like that?! Completely unnecessary & makes a mockery of the racing.

One thing I would like to see in the future: one-make races with stock tuning & qualifying: that would help clarify who's the fastest. 👍

After thinking about this more I can say the fastest driver I have raced at Fuji 700pp is GTP_Dazzla/sunny56. I thought I could step into the GT-R and equal him, but I was dead wrong.

I was just racing 750 Suzuka and a green S2000 racer was in the race only he sopped at the starting line and sat there. at the beginning of the 3rd lap, I already had a 13 second lead over the field when i passed his stationary car at the line. he'd caught me by the hairpin and had to be 10 seconds ahead by the finish line! and i ran a 2:05 lap! that was just insane.

b

Yeah, I was in those races. (Neamatoad)

He didn't seem all that quick to me... :dopey:

b

If he was a lap down, then what you saw was the boost in action. I had the same thing happen to me. A Skyline driver who I was way faster than on the first lap, crashed, then sat there for a lap. He started racing me again after I lapped him and was WAY faster than me thanks to the boost. Easily 10 seconds faster per lap. He had so much more grip than me, it was especially noticeable in the esses.

We all win and lose races for various reasons, but I have yet to race someone that I truly felt was a faster driver than me. Most everyone with a GTP tag as got some skill on the track and can win any given race as long as they get through the first corner without caught in a wreck.

Back