Fastest Guy You've Raced

• Thread starter cudadude2
  • 320 comments
We all win and lose races for various reasons, but I have yet to race someone that I truly felt was a faster driver than me. Most everyone with a GTP tag as got some skill on the track and can win any given race as long as they get through the first corner without caught in a wreck.

come by Suz750 @ 2pm Eastern. I'll have a go at ya.

b

ps, just read your psn tag. we've run before when i was running the 60 vette at Fuji. I'm a bit more serious now.

come by Suz750 @ 2pm Eastern. I'll have a go at ya.

b

ps, just read your psn tag. we've run before when i was running the 60 vette at Fuji. I'm a bit more serious now.

THIS!

edit: exactly 2 pm et on the GT clock

If he was a lap down, then what you saw was the boost in action. I had the same thing happen to me. A Skyline driver who I was way faster than on the first lap, crashed, then sat there for a lap. He started racing me again after I lapped him and was WAY faster than me thanks to the boost. Easily 10 seconds faster per lap. He had so much more grip than me, it was especially noticeable in the esses.

I've been seeing more and more of this. Some people just pull over to the side at the start of the race and than gun it one they are far behind or lapped. If there really is a "catch-up" feature it this game than that really sucks (especially online).

I really enjoyed racing with you last night 750pp @ Suzuka drama-kyd. I have to play with my Amuse tune alittle to get my gears worked out. You were pulling me down the straights..very nice. Hope to race you soon again!

whats your count of how many times Road Rocket knocked you into the sand? i had 3 the first race, thats why i was SO after him

b

haha. not one good race this afternoon, its either i got punted off the road or the phone rings and i have to answer it.

well i guess its tonight @ suz 750pp then.

I get off work at 4pm central

The earliest I could get on tonight would be 7:30 or 8 central

last time I raced was 700pp at fuji

I might have to sit for a minute or two and find the right 750pp car and setting

Drama & cuda, what are you driving at fuji?

I was just racing 750 Suzuka and a green S2000 racer was in the race only he sopped at the starting line and sat there. at the beginning of the 3rd lap, I already had a 13 second lead over the field when i passed his stationary car at the line. he'd caught me by the hairpin and had to be 10 seconds ahead by the finish line! and i ran a 2:05 lap! that was just insane.
the name was pimlico(ca) or something similer.

b

That's the pathetic catch-up-mode-which-ruins-the-simulation-and-challenge-of-the-game for you.

wonderwilley................... I has been a week or so since I raced you guys, I dont know maybe you guys are alot faster than I remember, I just saw all this buzz about how fast you guys are and didn't remember it that way, what time do you guys race and what track and class do you race under, I would love to race against you guys

Hmmm. I am a bit smoother now. Drama has always been quick. Beats me more then not. Its not like we are the fastest out there. Heck, in the two races I had with Cudadude, he beat me both times. But it was close.

Not sure when I will be on next. Won't tonight, going to a movie with the wife. Tomarrow, I am instructing at the local track, so thats out, although I might try and get on Sat evening/night if the misses will let me. Maybe sunday night. 9ish central time. Best time to find me on is between 9 and 11ish pm central time during the week.

Oh, and always Suzuka, and usually 750pp, although I will be trying the lower class as well.

the fastest guys i ever raced were some dude named kurenai (something like that) and MAJESTICTWELVE13

the fastest guys i ever raced were some dude named kurenai (something like that) and MAJESTICTWELVE13

I've raced drama-kyd and MAJESTICTWELVE13 quite a bit. Both are consistently fast and will usually end up at or near the front unless they make a mistake or two.

both EVO X's

Figures. I hate driving AWD cars, just because they're so forgiving. Thats why I usually pick MR cars. I like to be challenged. For real life, sure I'd love an AWD car, but for a racing sim, I want to feel like I tamed a beast, and AWD cars just don't give me that feeling of satisfaction.

wonderwilley................... I has been a week or so since I raced you guys, I dont know maybe you guys are alot faster than I remember, I just saw all this buzz about how fast you guys are and didn't remember it that way, what time do you guys race and what track and class do you race under, I would love to race against you guys

*takes off crown*

OK you win. Officially the fastest dude i ever raced. Couldnt catch you for nuttin.

Thanks, I also have to say nice driving. I have to admit the gt40 is slightly faster than the s2000 and you were keeping up so if I was in the s2000 it would have been really close, sorry about the 1st race I was a little peeved and lost my cool, that jackass (coachcabbage) is a little bitch. The most dirty driver Ive raced by far. Anways next time I will use the s2000, like I said it will be close (vanos2990) is also realy fast and super clean, fun to race.........

I think the name was something like Pappa_GTRP

I couldn't believe the control this dude had over a stock NSX and the speed was blowing the crap out my Evo-X

He was making heavy use of countersteer, fighting the back end around any and every corner but it didn't seem to slow him down much.

I need to try out one of these puppies!

Pappa_GTRP was glued to my Evo rear bumper even on one of my best laps on Suzuka! I tried NSX later and I was 3-4 sec slower than him per lap.

Figures. I hate driving AWD cars, just because they're so forgiving. Thats why I usually pick MR cars. I like to be challenged. For real life, sure I'd love an AWD car, but for a racing sim, I want to feel like I tamed a beast, and AWD cars just don't give me that feeling of satisfaction.

Quoted for truth.

I feel pretty much the same, which is why I'm usually in the 512BB or my '91 NSX. Occasionally I'll switch to a FR car like my RX-7 or something when I don't feel like balancing a MR car around the track. But the only AWD cars I have in my stable are the GT-R, the Mine's Skyline and the R8. And I only really have those for when friends wanna try and drive. Though I gotta admit, even at 680 points, the Audi was extremely competitive when we had that 700 point London race.

wonderwilley is pretty darn fast, i was behind him for a good lap or so trying everything i could to gain ground and was catching up slowly until i got rear ended by some green s2000. my buddy azbay is really good too, very clean racer me and him go back and forth a lot. Honorable mention to GTP_Div he always seemed to be in my way haha

Back