Fastest Guy You've Raced

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 5: Prologue' started by cudadude2, May 7, 2008.

1. ripping_silk

ripping_silk

Prepare to be under-awed ! :crazy:

See you soon. :tup:

2. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Raced a GTP_ member today, can't remember the rest of his name. We were in the 550pp FWD race. Him and I swapped the lead a few times, and it came down to the last corner on the 5th lap, it was that close. Unfortunately, I miss shifted from 2nd to 4th somehow, and it killed my straightaway speed for a drafting pass at the finish line. Best race I've had so far.

3. Bollocks#999

Bollocks#999

I have GTP_JoeNinety in my friends list. :) Ive also had runs against Tizzlaaa, GTP_Animera, rdwrrior. All quite quick and clean :)
    You were racing TORC_PH the other night. I was driving a variety of cars, about mid pack after fighting through after being taken out. Having a couple of good battles with him I heard :tup:

He's gonna give me a look at the setup he has for his Clio, nets him high 4's-low 5s he tells me. Got to be better than my 6s ;)

Cheers

4. ripping_silk

ripping_silk

yeah I had a few good battles with TORC_PH the other night, hes a top pilot. We had some fast and very clean runs together. Excellent. :tup: :tup:
    i did see you on track that night indeed, but thought you must have got tied up somewhere. See you there again soon. I've only dipped into the 4's a few times in the Clio, mostly flat to low 5's for me on a good day. My tune is based on the Dutch Customs tune, with a few mods to suit. The DC tune is well worth a look.

5. Bollocks#999

Bollocks#999

Price you pay for constantly starting from the back, grrr. You get the muppets.

I'll certainly check that tune out, catch you again on the track :tup: :)

6. Horde_R35

Horde_R35

Heres my list:)

Thanos
    nissman
    doctorben
    zeroduck
    BTH_szoag
    BTH_lackos_M47
    meagainstyou
    marichan0024

Damn it!! it was the fastest?? i thought it was not that fast!! LOOL:crazy: Just kidding you guys! you know me:) Thanks for all the fun and joy of racing:tup:

PS: I know im missing some names... but otherwise i would have to put all my friends list:cheers:

7. cpp214

cpp214 Premium

My list would be mostly NTSC guys as I don't often get to use my PAL disk for racing. But I'll divide my list up into NTSC/PAL:

NTSC:

timeattack07gt
    drama-kyd
    LinPark
    GTP_LHamilton
    GTP_CWR
    EL_ZISSOU

PAL:

mad94d
    GTP_Tizzla
    GTP_Hyperspeed
    GTP_Aussienicko
    GTP_Animera

8. sangbyung

sangbyung

fastest guys at 750pp suzuka intermediate:

oxhemoguy
    sun-odah
    bearvomit
    dmenson

I dont play gt5p as much as i did before and it seems it is very difficult to keep up with those guys.

9. EERS4YEARS

EERS4YEARS (Banned)

Fast on standard physics is an oxymoron. BearVomit has had a wheel for months now, and still at same track, same physics. He better be fast at it, by now, lol.

10. Kinetic

Kinetic

whats the challenge of using standard physics :S ?

bit pointless

11. Ardius

Ardius

A better question would be - what's the point in practicing in standard physics? Especially getting a wheel just for it? May as well practice professional and get more from the game.

12. Kinetic

Kinetic

Exactly, i'm getting frustrated as hell, learning with Professional, but eventually i'll be better for it.

It just dulls the senses on Standard, the back never breaks loose, the car never really oversteers, their loss i suppose

13. AsteroidSHDTV

AsteroidSHDTV

This is how I used to feel as well.
    But you can't apply the way you think about pro physics to standard, at all.
    Using a Professional tune will turn your car into a wallowing, understeering mess - contrary to what you said, the fastest cars are almost always oversteering, as this is where standard physics allows for the most grip.

Standard also allows for more varied (but still competitive) tunes. Most Pro races have a handful of fast cars with a couple fast tunes, and deviating is almost a guaranteed lost race. The PP system works much better with standard, and its possible to do stuff like outpace a California with a brilliantly tuned and driven Tuscan.

14. Kinetic

Kinetic

Thanks for putting me straight then :) i'll have to check a few standard races out then :)

15. Mad94d

Mad94d Premium

Fastest people I've raced would have to be, ummm....

Probably:
    GTP_DHolland
    psycho_gtrp
    GTP_aussienicko
    GTP_TIZZLA
    GTP_Animera
    GTRP_Madforce(I think that's the username).

I would like to race many other guys I know are fast but the timezone difference doesn't allow me to.:(

16. EBK2

EBK2

The quickest drives i have raced are xanok and FAK_EV1L.

17. JDigital

JDigital

timeattack07 and drama-kyd seem to be the fastest that I've raced...

Both of 'em put down some serious laps.

18. mr_VOLCANO

mr_VOLCANO

Fastest I've raced is FAK_EV1L :tup: He is very consitent too!

Always fun to race/following him :)

19. nissman

nissman

Well, I done a few races now and heres my list:

meagainstyou
    IRT_SolarSystem
    FAK_EV1L
    prasinar
    GTro_Ramon
    zabeu
    fiestaSTjapan

Pad Drivers:

IRT_hordeR35
    GTP_timeattack
    Giangi_GTLMsquad

20. Nicko

Nicko Premium

The fastest guys I've raced:

GTP_drama-kyd
    GTP_Animera
    GTP_mad94d
    GTP_DHolland
    GTro_Ramon
    GTP_timeattack
    MeAgainstYou
    IRT_NissmanR32

All of them VERY fast and consistent drivers :tup: Many others I wish to race but havn't encountered them on the track yet.

21. RNVB-85

RNVB-85

I probably couldn't name many of the fast drivers I have come up against by name, but I do remember racing against drama-kyd on Suzuka. I had one race against some German in an R8 around Fuji a while ago. There was only me and him in the race and we were neck and neck right to the line, only beat me by inches! Great race.