Fastest Guy You've Raced

• Thread starter cudadude2
  • 320 comments
Hey all,

I've waxed lyrical about the guys I admire the most in many threads in the Race Events forum, but just wanted to give them the credit they are due in a more public and compliment-based thread..

GTP_hyperuk, always has a good word to say about other drivers, blisteringly quick as well in all classes and cars. He walked away with the GTP Lotus Evora Cup and that was an award voted for by all the many participants in that very successful event. He's currently tearing up the track in No Mercy 600PP and anyone could learn a thing or three by watching his lines and driving closely.

All the best
Maz

Wow, Thank you very much Maz, not sure if I deserve all that praise. Sam said she will need to make the door frames bigger so I can fit my head through them after your kind words. :) See you in the No Mercy 600pp later. 👍

I HAVE to mention this man after a few amazing battles at 650 no mercy suzuka.

doctorben (US) - easily the fastest guy ive raced there, ended up lowering both my personal best lap time to a 2,06.6 AND race time to a 10,39

This event has produced some of the best driving talent yet seen in this game for me, and i cant wait till we have qualifying lap races, pit stops, damage etc its gunna be insane!! :D

doctorben (US) - easily the fastest guy ive raced there, ended up lowering both my personal best lap time to a 2,06.6 AND race time to a 10,39

This event has produced some of the best driving talent yet seen in this game for me, and i cant wait till we have qualifying lap races, pit stops, damage etc its gunna be insane!! :D

Yes, I agree. 👍

Yeah I mentioned him a page or two ago. Pretty quick isn't he? Only ever seen him in a GTLM, and he owned the track most of the time.

Have to say it - there ain't no one I have met on this side of the planet who is faster than TiZzla. 10,36.xxx race times are just awesome.
I am just the camera man.
Well done mate

I've been thinking that I've been doing well in the Ferrari@Fuji event till I raced downhillguy smoking fast in the Cali avg low 1.43s while leading by 4+ seconds that means the RBE was slowing him slightly right.:nervous:

+1

I find it disappointing to find the same people in the same cars every single race. I guess each to their own and everyone does have a favourite car, but I suspect that some of these people may be very one-dimensional in their driving.

+1

I find it disappointing to find the same people in the same cars every single race. I guess each to their own and everyone does have a favourite car, but I suspect that some of these people may be very one-dimensional in their driving.

Well theres always a fastest car(s) for an event, so naturally people would choose the fastest car otherwise they would be at an immediate disadvantage to the other people!

I notice you (AERO_HDT) are always in different cars at No Mercy but you never contest for the lead in the races im in because ill be with the GTRs and EVOs at the front

Its not possible to become very fast with a car if you change every 5 minutes

Seems this NOBLE mentality of using lesser cars is a built in exsuse for not being fast,of course the fastest guys use the same car a lot thats how you become fast by working on setup learning little things every race.That is what racing is all about using the best car you can & becoming better at it. I didnt notice Hamilton or Massa changing cars every race.

+1

The fastest drivers always seem to use the same car over and over again. Has anybody noticed that?

what kinda backwards ass logic/excuse is this? isnt the goal to find a car you're most comfortable with and push it to its max? how do you expect to be at your best if you switch up cars every race? i'm not saying theres anything wrong with having more than one car for an event, if thats what you like to do then fine, do it, but calling the faster guys one dimensional because choose to stick to the car they're most comfortable with is a dumb statement.

what kinda backwards ass logic/excuse is this? isnt the goal to find a car you're most comfortable with and push it to its max? how do you expect to be at your best if you switch up cars every race? i'm not saying theres anything wrong with having more than one car for an event, if thats what you like to do then fine, do it, but calling the faster guys one dimensional because choose to stick to the car they're most comfortable with is a dumb statement.

Well said. 👍

Seems this NOBLE mentality of using lesser cars is a built in exsuse for not being fast,of course the fastest guys use the same car a lot thats how you become fast by working on setup learning little things every race.That is what racing is all about using the best car you can & becoming better at it. I didnt notice Hamilton or Massa changing cars every race.

+1000 👍 The only way to get to that next level of driving talent is by using a car you are familiar and confident with. If you are constantly switching cars, working on set-up and familiarizing your brain just so you can manage to drive the car around the circuit, you won't learn nearly as much about the circuit and where the most important points of the track are in terms of line, exit speed, braking points, among many other variables that separate the good from the best.

For me, once I'm comfortable with a particular car and have it tuned to it's best potential, it allows me to strictly focus on where I can shave off those extra tenths, which over time really helps to separate the really good drivers from the average in terms of overall track knowledge and raw speed. Some people play this game to enjoy the feeling of driving many cars they would never get the opportunity to drive in real life. I play this game mostly to improve my driving skills/talent, as todays racing simulators are so realistic it really could be said that the simulators are the best driving/racing practice for the dollar...along with a go karting. The simulators also allow you to push harder without consequence of crashing, which allows you to also learn more in a shorter amount of time. Although racing simulators like GT5P won't replace the real thing of course, you sure can learn a lot from racing some of the top names around the world in terms of what it takes to get find those last few seconds or tenths.

Well said bro... I wholeheartedly agree! 👍

Last edited:
Well theres always a fastest car(s) for an event, so naturally people would choose the fastest car otherwise they would be at an immediate disadvantage to the other people!

I notice you (AERO_HDT) are always in different cars at No Mercy but you never contest for the lead in the races im in because ill be with the GTRs and EVOs at the front

Its not possible to become very fast with a car if you change every 5 minutes

FAK EV1L would beg to differ ;)

All the best
Maz

I agree with the stuff about using the same car, however the reason I use the less competitive cars is because its more challenging to win and also because I get a lot more race action rather than driving off into the sunset and not racing anyone at all.
When private rooms and more organised races come around, I will of course start driving more competitive cars more often, because the actual competition will be at an equal level, but for now I'd rather try and get as much fun as I can out of the current online.

Probably said it before, people like Zabeu, RudiRaiser, Timppaq not raced in a while against them, but very fast and left a very good impression. People like GTP_Hun, Synwraith, Hyperuk raced against more than most, also left good impressions. And then theres people like DukeofPendle, not raced that often but pushes that extra bit out of me in time trial events Then there are those few who are also fast but leave bad impressions where they feel the need to get a win/up front whatever the cost to the rest of the field, these people will remain nameless.

Probably said it before, people like Zabeu, RudiRaiser, Timppaq not raced in a while against them, but very fast and left a very good impression. People like GTP_Hun, Synwraith, Hyperuk raced against more than most, also left good impressions. And then theres people like DukeofPendle, not raced that often but pushes that extra bit out of me in time trial events Then there are those few who are also fast but leave bad impressions where they feel the need to get a win/up front whatever the cost to the rest of the field, these people will remain nameless.
That reminds me,from back in the "old days" what ever happened to death1234? havent seen him for months now.

I guess that's the idea behind using different cars every once in a while, is to have a race that is competitive and doesn't involve racing off alone.

I tend to use the Audi R8 a lot and I am very comfortable with it and understand it's strengths and limitations. After ten years of experience in GT, I don't need to spend six weeks using the R8 every single race trying to extract every last tenth out of it. I can find it's limits in a weekend of solid racing.

The problem is, I'm not always racing against GTP-ers and I'm not always in races where people are running 2'08s and running race times that are under 10'45.xxx.

So instead of tearing off by myself, I'll switch cars, or use something that levels the playing field, so to speak.

Just the other weekend, I had a great race with WIX-R and Zabeu and I'd just switched into the Audi R8. Pulled a 10'48 in the Audi and it was a brilliant race (Zab is amazing).

It was only brilliant because I was dicing with those two guys and it would have been a very boring race otherwise, because behind us three, the guy in fourth was over half a minute behind.

I have no excuses for not being fast, I have no need to prove myself.

Heh, old days. I can still recall several names from way back in April up until August that left a lasting impression, like:
magburner, rexc, AMG, vanuber7, Gnobody, Wayne, BJM, DONK, etc.

Those are the ones that I don't see anymore, there are many more who are still around today but obviously I remember their names more easily. Naturally the fastest guy I raced that I remember the most is going to be my Dutch Customs teammate, I will always remember the excellent drive to a 1-2 finish in the 3rd tuning showdowns the most. He knows who he is.

Truth123 didn't appear till around May or June if I remember right, so he wasn't really the "old days" but he is/was a legend anyway. I remember several races where he used to slow down sometimes so he could just race me as I was the only other person in the field who wasn't punting. I was never fast enough to beat him fairly though, but it was nice anyway.

Heh, old days. I can still recall several names from way back in April up until August that left a lasting impression, like:
magburner, rexc, AMG, vanuber7, Gnobody, Wayne, BJM, DONK, etc.

Those are the ones that I don't see anymore, there are many more who are still around today but obviously I remember their names more easily. Naturally the fastest guy I raced that I remember the most is going to be my Dutch Customs teammate, I will always remember the excellent drive to a 1-2 finish in the 3rd tuning showdowns the most. He knows who he is.

Truth123 didn't appear till around May or June if I remember right, so he wasn't really the "old days" but he is/was a legend anyway. I remember several races where he used to slow down sometimes so he could just race me as I was the only other person in the field who wasn't punting. I was never fast enough to beat him fairly though, but it was nice anyway.

That was a great showdown, :) Thanks for the kind words buddy, 👍 Regarding Truth, We had a quick chat the other day. He was playing GT5P, I think he said GTRP had an event in the Cali, when the Ferrari event was at Suz. I did try and get him to join me in a few races in the Evora Cup, but he didnt show. He is playing Resistance 2 ATM. ;)

As for the fastest guys ive raced, Timo, Zabeu, Truth, Mr_Volcano, Sphinx, Mr_P, Fair_Play_plz, Bollocks, Fak_Evil, Rudi, Stotty all spring to mind. 👍

Last edited:
Im not going to mention any gtp tags cause they have my upmost respect the one that sticks out for me is F1-racing hes very fast clean and very hard to beat and a true gent should have a gtp tag

After those 600 Suzuka races dissappeared with an update, he too vanished

So he's sort of a GT5P legend now? I remember being the car behind him once and when i came to the brake point, he just kept going. I thought i'd see a cloud of dust but the only thing i saw was a disappearing NSX. With a name like Truth123 it's almost scary ;)

Fast Racers I've Faced Includes:

Sun_Odah
Oxyhemoguy
Bear_Vomit
MIRA_TRXX
D_Mehson
Azz_Kickrr
Anzdreamer
Cobra520
Project_D_1
Project_D_Chel23
Imallin7777
Barbados246_66
Novaracer69
Dubbl50
Barbados246_12
Lordbilly
Sanbyung............& a couple more i'll mention another time.........

These guys are found on (Intermediate) Suzuka 750pp, formally 650pp & I guess what ever PP they put the course at; these guys are consistantly & insanely QUICK !!!!!

Last edited:
Fast Racers I've Faced Includes:

Sun_Odah
Oxyhemoguy
Bear_Vomit
D_Mehson
Azz_Kickrr
Anzdreamer
Cobra520
Project_D_1
Project_D_Chel23
Imallin777
Novaracer69
Dubll50
Barbados246_12
Lordbilly
Sanbyung............& a couple more i'll mention another time.........

These guys are found on (Intermediate) Suzuka 750pp, formally 650pp & I guess what ever PP they put the course at; these guys are consistantly & insanely QUICK !!!!!

i raced azz_kickrr on intermediate a couple times, really fast, he'd be a problem if stepped up to the big league

I don't know the guy's name, but about 2 updates ago there was a guy in a higher PP race at Suzuka who slayed the field (like 2nd place was DNF) in a Suzuki Concept GT car. I can't figure out how he did it with that vehicle. He was Japanese, by bthe way.

Back