Fastest Times for La Festa Cavillano - Circuit De La Sarthe

  • Thread starter Thread starter DLR
  • 406 comments
  • 46,828 views
How in gods name dis you get a 304?!! I got in the low 20's and thought I was the shizz.. Is there something I'm missing? Obviously yer going through the sand at the chicanes, and over the yellow and blue stripey area, but is there something else?

Ha... 303 now.... No your not missing anything, maybe it's your setup... Or do 4011.9km on the one race, or 293 times. 👍 I started to grind for level 40 on this race ;)
 
Last edited:
My heart was thumping.....

Edited:
Old splits deleted

New best lap, with level 40 A-spec on the same run...... big grin :)
Just bought my 1000'th car, MAZDA 787b, the Stealth 787b was number 1 in my garage

Split Times:
27.937 :) 27.937
27.485 :) 55.422
21.079 :) 1:16.501
21.525 :) 1:38.026
28.387 :) 2:06.413
30.692 :) 2:37.105
26.737 :) 3:03.842

Lap Time:
303.842

Proof:

I would love to see a video
 
Every time I run this event I get 3:43 and I cut the last chicane, I don't really see how to effectively cut the first two.
 
Every time I run this event I get 3:43 and I cut the last chicane, I don't really see how to effectively cut the first two.

You can cut the very first right hander a little, and I cut the right (of the left/right) Dunlop bridge chicane.

Also, cut Tetre Rouge, big time.

I haven't taken the time to learn how to cut the back straight chicanes
 
Ha... 303 now.... No your not missing anything, maybe it's your setup... Or do 4011.9km on the one race, or 293 times. 👍 I started to grind for level 40 on this race ;)

May have missed it in an earlier post but what driving aids are you using?
 
Anybody have a video of their run, so we can see where to cut, and what we may be doing wrong? I'm surprised there isn't one yet, after 13 pages :D lol

My best time has been 3:30 so far. And that's with cutting everything I can. The Enzo is simply too twitchy on my controller to get anywhere close to the times others are clocking. I might be able to get down to 3:25, but I'm not going to struggle with it.
 
Last edited:
May have missed it in an earlier post but what driving aids are you using?

Well, this is grinding sooooo, whatever you feel gives you an advantage, I use ABS 1, and SRF ON, no-one can give out because they're AI and too stupid to realise I've got SRF ON ;) I assume this is the case for most people who are grinding.....

I also have the transmition set to automatic, I usually use manual but, other things to concentrate on other than gears in this, plus the rev limiter is very close to the red line with this car so no advantage there.

I would love to see a video
I might post a video soon, I don't want to ruin it on anyone who's trying to figure it out by themselves. If I could have all my best sector times together it'd be a 3:02.xxx, but that's a perfect world and I don't think I'll beat my time again.
 
Last edited:
Well, this is grinding sooooo, whatever you feel gives you an advantage, I use ABS 1, and SRF ON, no-one can give out because they're AI and too stupid to realise I've got SRF ON ;) I assume this is the case for most people who are grinding.....

I also have the transmition set to automatic, I usually use manual but, other things to concentrate on other than gears in this, plus the rev limiter is very close to the red line with this car so no advantage there.

SRF that's what I was wondering about.
 
SRF that's what I was wondering about.

Were you doing it without it? I've not tried it without SRF...

Edit:
Just noticed you're a tunner, so you are naturally anti-SRF, if I had it my way it wouldn't be in the game either but, you do with what you're given ;)
 
Last edited:
I feel good to of run a 3:12 which is my pb. I think im cutting absolutely everything but not sure cant wait to see a vid of a sub 3:10 time, as i cant seem to get close since im always around 3:16-3:22.
But hells yeah im proud of my 3:12 haha.
 
I feel good to of run a 3:12 which is my pb. I think im cutting absolutely everything but not sure cant wait to see a vid of a sub 3:10 time, as i cant seem to get close since im always around 3:16-3:22.
But hells yeah im proud of my 3:12 haha.

I'd love to see a video of what everyone else is doing too, I wouldn't believe it if I was the only one doing what I'm doing, I'd love someone else's split times so I could compare mine........ 💡

Edit:
I take it back, big advantages to manual gears!
3:06's at the moment with manual, bear with me....
 
Last edited:
Were you doing it without it? I've not tried it without SRF...

Edit:
Just noticed you're a tunner, so you are naturally anti-SRF, if I had it my way it wouldn't be in the game either but, you do with what you're given ;)

Yeah I've been doing it without SRF. I'm a lousy driver so I wasn't surprised by someone posting times 10 or 15 seconds faster but when people started posting sub 3:10 times I started to think they were either D1G drivers that decided to toss the rule book in favor of the almighty Credit or else were using aids I wasn't...or both:D
 
Yeah I've been doing it without SRF. I'm a lousy driver so I wasn't surprised by someone posting times 10 or 15 seconds faster but when people started posting sub 3:10 times I started to think they were either D1G drivers that decided to toss the rule book in favor of the almighty Credit or else were using aids I wasn't...or both:D

Well I'm no D1G, nor am I in any league, or even drinen online yet, too obsesed with getting Platinum :)
 
I think the best I've done is a 3:18+.
 
I'm still at 3'09..... I still lose too many time in Dunlop chicane and Tertre Rouge.

And please, don't post videos for now. Let us try a bit more 👍 (please guys, don't hate me for this!)
 
really??? no 599? it works for me with 3:42 without cheating. and i do use the F40 more but do cut that last corner
 
I'm still at 3'09..... I still lose too many time in Dunlop chicane and Tertre Rouge.

And please, don't post videos for now. Let us try a bit more 👍 (please guys, don't hate me for this!)

That's what I thought..... I won't post the video yet, I'd like to see someone else's split times, for my own comparison. I'm not saying I'm asking you to post yours but, someone with 3:10's or lower would be nice. I'd like to see where I'm losing time on what someone else has realised which I haven't, or where I'm weak on the lap.

Manual gears offers an advantage, but it's just not consistant, not for me yet anyway, it's like learning the car over again, it only takes hitting the limiter once to lose 3 tenths rather than any advantages you get.
 
My Best is 3:13.708 cutting everything with a fully tuned Enzo using a DS3. Driving Aids - Line ON, Traction - 2, SRF Off, Steering Off. ASM Off, ABS 1, Controller 5. Racing Soft front and rear.

Intervals - Total Time Place
(1) 31.643 31.643 Fifth
(2) 27.821 59.464 First
(3) 22.229 1.21.693 " "
(4) 23.074 1.44.767 " "
(5) 29.131 2.13.898 " "
(6) 31.758 2.45.656 " "
(7) 28.052 3.13.708 " "

My Drivetrain, Suspension, Transmission & Brakes setup - Trans : top speed dialed to 267, reads 272 up top. LSD : IT 7, AS 23, BS 5. Suspension - Height - Front 7, Rear minus18. Spring Rate front 7.2, Rear 13.8. Dampers extension front 4, rear 7. Dampers compression front 3, rear 6. Anti-Roll bars front 7, rear 1. Brakes front 8, rear 9.
Alignment - Camber front 2.8, rear 1.7. Toe front minus0.30, rear minus0.15.
 
Last edited:
My Best is 3:13.708 cutting everything with a fully tuned Enzo using a DS3.

Intervals - Total Time Place
(1) 31.643 31.643 Fifth
(2) 27.821 59.464 First
(3) 22.229 1.21.693 " "
(4) 23.074 1.44.767 " "
(5) 29.131 2.13.898 " "
(6) 31.758 2.45.656 " "
(7) 28.052 3.13.708 " "

My Drivetrain, Suspension, Transmission & Brakes setup - Trans : top speed dialed to 267, reads 272 up top. LSD : IT 7, AS 23, BS 5. Suspension - Height - Front 7, Rear minus18. Spring Rate front 7.2, Rear 13.8. Dampers extension front 4, rear 7. Dampers compression front 3, rear 6. Anti-Roll bars front 7, rear 1. Brakes front 8, rear 9.
Alignment - Camber front 2.8, rear 1.7. Toe front minus0.30, rear minus0.15.

Is this your own tune? What's the understeer like? And I think you forgot to mention what ballast you're using, I assume you use ballast?:nervous:

I usually have first well before the houses on mulsane, there's a flag pole, or street light on the right, just before there :)
 
Last edited:
No ballast tuning, so it's 0/0. Also the soonest I have gotten first place has been before the first Enzo turns for the first chicane on the straight, he catches the time interval 5 seconds after me, just didn't happen in this 3:13 run. This is a combination of GTPLANET Tunes I tweaked.

Oh, and the understear is almost gone in my opinion.
 
Last edited:
So when you say 0/0 you mean you don't have any ballast at all?
 
Correct, no added weight (0) / or weight placement (0). Ballast remains at factory setting, as in no ballast.
 
Enzo - 3:15:888 (Cutting all chicanes)

458 Italia - 3:25:537 (Cutting all chicanes)
 
And please, don't post videos for now. Let us try a bit more 👍 (please guys, don't hate me for this!)

? you don't have to watch the video, personally i would like to see one of those crazy times, am sure i could learn something
 
I managed to get it down to 3:14 on the weekend, need to work on the transmission as it always spins the wheels in second, forcing me to go to 3rd
 
Correct, no added weight (0) / or weight placement (0). Ballast remains at factory setting, as in no ballast.
I'll try out your tune, see how it compares to what I've been using ;)

? you don't have to watch the video, personally i would like to see one of those crazy times, am sure i could learn something
I think he means it stops being a competition as soon as a video gets posted, it will for me anyway, people posting fast times which would be carbon copies of my lap, maybe a bit faster, maybe a bit slower, but the competition here would die. I would personally preffer to see someone else post a fast time before I post a video of how I'm doing it. Other fast times will have to have proof, no distrust, I just don't want someone posting a time just to get a video out of me, having not gotten the time.
 
Last edited:
Just for fun I tuned a 450 Scudiera, no cutting, I got 3:50.922.
 
My best lap is a 3:36.9xx without cutting any chicanes. Wonder how fast I could go with cutting, but I don`t want to try it because it makes to much fun to drive clean while trying to beat the best lap :)

(Just a question, what lap time can the 330P4 achieve without cutting? I dont want to test mine because it has 0 miles and I dont want to change that.)
 
My best lap is a 3:36.9xx without cutting any chicanes. Wonder how fast I could go with cutting, but I don`t want to try it because it makes to much fun to drive clean while trying to beat the best lap :)

(Just a question, what lap time can the 330P4 achieve without cutting? I dont want to test mine because it has 0 miles and I dont want to change that.)

You can't use any of the race ferrari's, the fully tuned Enzo is the fastest car you can use.
 
Back