Favorite quotes

"Of course, money. You know money isn't everything in money." - Homer Simpson

"Oh everything's cruel according to you. Keeping him chained us in the backyard is cruel. Pulling his tail is cruel. Yelling in his ears is cruel. Everything is cruel. So excuse me if I'm cruel." - Homer Simpson

There are really two kinds of quotes to post - quotes that are awesome, and quotes that are useful in speech. The following is the latter:

"We are paying you for that." - The Scarecrow, Batman Begins
"That's because you haven't thought it through." - Carmine Falcone, Batman Begins
"I need it. Buy it, store it." - Tony Stark
"Reminds me of someone. Who? Who does it remind me of?... Me!" - Patricia Eden, You've Got Mail

TB
"I was going to lock this thread because we already have a quotes thread but it's from a decade ago."

Me, 6 seconds ago

She did ask what to do. So my favorite quote is my answer.

"Let there be a new thread"

Ken Koios

"If you'd given that man [Jerry Falwell] an anema he could have been buried in a matchbox." - Christopher Hitchens

"I'll be honest with you, I haven't listened to a word you've said" - Me, regularly.

"The sky is beginning to bruise" - Montague H. Withnail.

"Two quid? You can stuff it up your a**e for nothing & **** off while you're doing it!" - Withnail.

"We will destroy Gotham and then, when it is done and Gotham is ashes, then you have my permission to die."- Bane, The Dark Knight Rises.

"When there is a gap, you either commit yourself as a professional racing driver that is designed to win races, or you come second, or you come third, or you come fifth. And I'm not designed to come third, fourth or fifth, I race to win. And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver."- Ayrton Senna.

"Fear is not real. The only place that fear can exist is in our thoughts of the future. It is a product of our imagination, causing us to fear things that do not at present and may not ever exist." - Cypher Raige (Will Smith), After Earth.

"I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly." - Winston Churchill

"The first time you **** up it isn't a mistake, it's an experience. If you do it again because you haven't learned from the first experience, then call it a mistake" - guy I met in a bar once.

''There is no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes'' - Unknown

''Have you got his cock?'' Jeremy Clarkson after The Stig stole the Golden Cock.

"I feel sorry for you people that don't drink. I mean it, because when you wake up in the morning, that's as good as you're going to feel all day." - Dean Martin

"A pop star's career lasts eighteen months. A musician's career lasts a lifetime." - Peter Frampton

"Blah blah blah, blah blah blah, blah blah, blah blah, blah blah blah, blah blah!" - Alex Lifeson's acceptance speech into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

"The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept." - George Carlin

"Everything that’s difficult you should be able to laugh about." - Louis C.K.

"You just have to be at peace with what you are and what you really want to be. A lot of people will say 'I'm an aspiring artist' or 'I'm an aspiring writer'. No, you are a writer, you are an artist. If you're doing that every day, that's what you are. Just own it." - Leigh Daniel Avidan

“I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.”

“THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.”

“Good people drink good beer.”

“For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.”

“A word to the wise is infuriating. ”

“Call on God, but row away from the rocks.”

“Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed.”

“If you can't make yourself understood by your friends, you'll be in trouble when your enemies come for you.”

“You won't find reasonable men on the tops of tall mountains.”

-Hunter Thompson

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can't always be sure of their authenticity" - Isaac Newton

"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are often not true." - Abraham Lincoln

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - Plato

"It's amazing - all these facilities, and you make a piece of crap like this." - Nikki Lauda (Rush)

"Mr. Lauda, may I offer a piece of advice? Stop thinking of it as a curse to have been given an enemy in life. It can be a blessing, too. A wise man gets more from his enemies than a fool from his friends.' And you know what? He was right. Look at us. We were both a pair of kids when we met. Hot-headed jerks in Formula 3. Disowned by our families. Headed nowhere. And now, we're both champions of the world. It was not bad, huh?" - Niki Lauda (Rush)

I don't know if Nikki Lauda did say those stuff in real life but... Oh boy those were some good words imo.

"I don't have friends, i have family" *camera focused on Brian O' Connors face* - Dominic Torretto (Furious 7).

"If you will not look further and push hard , you will not be able to achieve a higher level. " Toshiya
Joushima (Initial D 4th Stage episode 24)

"Life knows two miseries; getting what you don't want and not getting what you want."

"The trouble with wanting something is the fear of losing it, or never getting it. The thought makes you weak."

"She was beautiful. I hated her for making me feel this way."

All by Max Payne.

"Screw this! I'm moving to Vice City!" said by a random person after i carjacked them in GTA V.

"Surviving is winning, Franklin, everything else is 🤬. Fairy tales spun by people too afraid to look life in the eye. Whatever it takes, kid: survive. " - Michael De Santa (GTA V)

God i miss playing GTA V. I have to get my ps3 fixed soon.

"For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor." - Alexis Carrel

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." - Reinhold Niebuhr

I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their 🤬. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free. ~Dominic Toretto, The Fast and the Furious

You break her heart, I'll break your neck. ~ Dominic Toretto, The Fast and the Furious

'I know you can read my thoughts, boy. Meow meow meow meow, meow meow meow meow, meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow' - Homer Simpson

I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their 🤬. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free. ~Dominic Toretto, The Fast and the Furious
I have a confession. I never understand the meaning of that famous quote.

Back