Favorite quotes

"Adrriiaaaaa, Addddrrriiiaaaaaa" Rocky at the end of Rocky I.

mX5MKwb.jpg

Isn't Adrian a man's name? I thought it might have been Adrienne or something, at least.

adrian-newey-receives-segrave-trophy-33526_1.jpg

"The best decision is my decision" -Jean Marc Balestre

"We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort."
- Jesse Owens

"I continuously go further and further learning about my own limitations, my body limitation, psychological limitations. It's a way of life for me."
- Ayrton Senna

"The public gets what they deserve not what they demand; unless we all decide to be a business not a band."
-Agent Orange (from the song Breakdown)

Here's a bunch of quotes from the best movie I've ever seen, Interstellar.

“Love isn’t something that we invented. It’s observable. Powerful. It has to mean something. Maybe it means something more, something we can’t yet understand. Maybe it’s some evidence, some artifact of a higher dimension that we can’t consciously perceive. Love is the one thing that we’re capable of perceiving that transcends dimensions of time and space. Maybe we should trust that, even if we can’t understand it.”

Cooper: [When Cooper tries to reconfigure TARS] Humour 75%.
TARS: 75%. Self destruct sequence in T minus 10, 9, 8...
Cooper: Let's make it 65%.
TARS: Knock, knock.

Cooper: Hey TARS, what's your honesty parameter?
TARS: 90 percent.
Cooper: 90 percent?
TARS: Absolute honesty isn't always the most diplomatic nor the safest form of communication with emotional beings.
Cooper: Okay, 90 percent it is.

"Walter Kaaden was chief engineer of MZ's racing department through that firm's
glory years on the Grand Prix circuit, and in that capacity Kaaden advanced the state of
the art with regard to expansion chamber design very considerably. And one day while
discussing the subject he remarked, only in jest, “You'll know when you have the design
right, because the chamber will then be impossible to fit on the motorcycle without
having it drag the ground, burn the rider's leg, or force the relocation of one or more
major components”. "

"Walter Kaaden was chief engineer of MZ's racing department through that firm's
glory years on the Grand Prix circuit, and in that capacity Kaaden advanced the state of
the art with regard to expansion chamber design very considerably. And one day while
discussing the subject he remarked, only in jest, “You'll know when you have the design
right, because the chamber will then be impossible to fit on the motorcycle without
having it drag the ground, burn the rider's leg, or force the relocation of one or more
major components”. "

Don't tell me when someome asks your 'What's your favorite quote?' you'll recite that.... :sly:

BTW where is that from?

Don't tell me when someome asks your 'What's your favorite quote?' you'll recite that.... :sly:

BTW where is that from?

Well the quote part is “You'll know when you have the design right, because the chamber will then be impossible to fit on the motorcycle without having it drag the ground, burn the rider's leg, or force the relocation of one or more
major components”. but it needed context.

It's from an old two stroke tuning book reciting a story about Kaaden.

It's so true though, look on the bottom of the RZ's pipes and you'll see where it bottomed out.
And try to find a two stroke dirtbike without at least one good ding in the expansion chamber from a rock.:lol:

Carbon pipe guards ftw.

"The happiest people aren't the ones who have everything, they're the ones who make the best out of everything they have." - Unknown Author

"Someone asked me what I wanted to be when I grow up. I told them happy. They told me I didn't understand the question. I told them they didn't understand life." - John Lennon

"The problem with getting quotes off the Internet is, you can never tell if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

"It's not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you get hit and can keep going." - Rocky Balboa

"One day a son asked his father, 'Why is it always the best people who die?' The father answered, ' Son. if you are in a meadow, which flowers do you pick? The worst ones or the best?'" - Unknown Author

'Ey mami, you sexy
'Ey mami, you sexy
'Ey mami, you sexy
'Ey mami, you beautiful

'Ey mami, you sexy
'Ey mami, you sexy
'Ey mami, you sexy
'Ey mami, can I get that number

~FannyPack

"These are not stolen, they just haven't been paid for, and we can't get them again they've changed the bloody locks."
- Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels.

I vaguely remember reading something along the lines of:

"No one has ever proven that life is something to be taken seriously".

But that was a few years ago. In my mind, it seems associated with Douglas Adams, but even if I did read that in one of his books, he might have been quoting somebody else. If anyone can tell me the author and what the exact wording is, I would be very grateful. (A basic Google search didn't reveal anything -- so I might have made the whole thing up, or I don't know how to use Google properly, both very likely possibilities...)

Back