Favorite Racing Modification in GT2

• Thread starter Orion
  • 200 comments
RPrius.png

RPrius2.png

Yep

You can race mod a Prius? Is it a special version or something, because I bought the Prius, and not only can I not put a racing mod on it, but it's "unmoddable" O_o. Someone please clear this up for me, because I REALLY want that race mod. I've been getting back into GT2, and I was hoping there were others doing the same. :)👍

Found another one that made me want to revive this thread.

TRD Chaser X30: Widebody, nice, reminds me of Saleen
trdchaser.png

oops, not the bst pic. got a spot of see-through going on with the fenders...

Too bad this wasnt something they implemented in every game (theres a heck of alot more than there is in GT5...)

trdchaser.png

I never actually knew that existed. That looks pretty darn nice.

trdchaser.png

Yeah, that looks sharp! How come they would hide some of the mods? I mean, they're already on the disc - why not use them?

The various BTCC mods spreading '94 and '96-98 are my sentimental favourites, and any of the 'real' ones in general.

In addition, the Oreca Viper and Cosmo are awesome.

The various BTCC mods spreading '94 and '96-98 are my sentimental favourites, and any of the 'real' ones in general.

Out of the BTCC race mods available, my favourite would be the one for the Peugeot 406. My parents had a 406 when I'd just started playing GT2 in 2000, which is part of the reason why I like it more than the other BTCC mods.

I still remember driving it during the S-6 licence test around Rome Circuit.

Wiegert
Out of the BTCC race mods available, my favourite would be the one for the Peugeot 406. My parents had a 406 when I'd just started playing GT2 in 2000, which is part of the reason why I like it more than the other BTCC mods.

I still remember driving it during the S-6 licence test around Rome Circuit.

Same. I'm a fanatic for supertouring BTCC and the '97/98 Peugeot is right up there as a top livery. If only a Vic Lee 318is mod was available...

I really like the RM's that DON'T advertise their manufacturer that much,(Stratos, SVT Cobra)

My Favorites are:
Ford Taurus SHO (#6 Valvoline)
Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione
Toyota Celica GT-Four RC
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III GSR
Subaru Impreza typeRA Sti Ver. VI
Lister Storm V12
Ford Mustang SVT Cobra (Looks alot like the Saleen)
Renault Megane 2.0 16V Coupe
Jaguar XJ220 (GT Race Car even before RM'd?)

Can anyone post pics with RM'd cars that DON'T heavily advertise their manufacturer.

Mr. CoolFiat
I am so fanatic of the BTCC, I just can't find any link on the Netz to let me watch the BTCC again :(

YouTube is your friend, if it's supertouring you're after. I liked Group A, and adored Supertouring, but I have been unimpressed with developments since 2001. But that's a different argument altogether.

1993, 1997-1999 are definitely up there, as well as odds and sods from the preceding and intermittant years.

I might be the only one who likes the ae101. Even its handling and performance.

levin1.jpg

levin2.jpg

And the good ol' CRX has some nice liveries too.

crxr.jpg

crxr1.jpg

Last edited:
Never knew there was a stock CR-X in the game. I thought the only one was the Mugen Pro.2 or 3 whatever it is.

You know what the worst part about some of these Race Mods is? That despite the fact that I played GT2 for almost a solid year (which was impressive at my age, considering I had a very short attention span and was prone to getting frustrated and rage quitting video games)... this is the FIRST time I'm seeing some of these cars!

To me, this goes to show some of the inadequacies of Gran Turismo's event system... that there are so many cars and yet many of them are never used or even seen within the game most of the time. While my memory is foggy, the only time I recall racing against some of the Race Mods was in a few of the Endurance events. Other than that they seemed to take a back seat to the street cars and were not quite as memorable as the Super GT events.

My main point is that I think the GT series needs way more events that include way more cars. GT5 has a pitifully small selection that they recognized and tried to bandage with the Seasonal events. To me, the Endurance events have only just now become manageable with the addition to the stop/start feature. GT needs more events that include the breadth of the cars available!

Damn, this thread really makes me want to bust out GT2.

Like in the original, I <3 the Galants. The VR-4 felt more powerful in the second game...I forget what the facelifted VR-4's racing mod looked like...

Latest Posts

Back