Favourite Enthusia Moments

• Thread starter MikeCUK28
  • 97 comments
1. Unlocking the ProCar

I finally came across the BMW M1 ProCar at Burgenshlurgensplurgen when i was mucking around in the Opel Astra 24hrs car. The upshot of this was, to win the ProCar I was going to have to beat several pretty insane cars... including the Mclaren F1! When I finally did it, winning the race with no black flags, it was one of the most satisfying moments of any videogame racer ever. I still have the entire replay saved on my PC.

2. Realising the 'weapon of mass destruction' (Mercedes Mclaren SLR) works on rally challenges in Enthusia Life.

I clicked on Mirage Crossing for a laugh and was surprised when it allowed me to use that particular car. I was even more surprised to see that the competition was a TVR Cerbera. I felt like I was filming a chase scene from an as yet unreleased James Bond film; hopping over sand dunes with the traction control scrabbling to hold on and the bad guy's TVR hot on my tail.

Feel free to post yours!

1) Did a 3'23"1XX with a Evo VIII in Dragon Range without even tring.
2) Did a 3'51"9XX with an AE86 in Dragon Range, busting my butt! :-(
3) Driving as fast in Tsukuba as those guys in BestMotoring and feeling like a pro! :-D

1) getting "S" with the R8 in Loeweseenring (stage 4, level 17). There's a replay I like to watch once in a while!

2) winning the Nurburgring King of the Year Race with a VW Golf R32 (tun. lvl 10) with a Nismo chasing me or being chased by me for almost the entire race (2 laps, about 16/17 minutes of full concentration. I was really sweating when I finished it)

3) It's not really a moment, but a process. The "Taming of the Tamora", while I was doing my first EL career. I really felt that that car made me learn a lot about good throttle and brake use.

1. First trying out the DFP - wow, what an experience.

2. Working out how to drift the stock S15. It took me ages just to learn how to get the tail out, so being able to do a reasonably decent drift for the first time was exhilirating (that and I was still getting used to the DFP).

3. Going back to old Driving Revolution challenges and S-ing them the first time. You don't realise how far you've come along!

4. Taking the Fiat 1000 on the Europe tour. I did a one-lap Time Attack of every cool city track one after the other. Made me feel like Lupin 3rd (did he drive a 1000 or a 500?).

Getting the Abarth 1000 around the Nurgurgring with all the aids off in 9.11 (with one black flag but I always kept at least 2 wheels on the track) afther maybe 40 attempts. This game will keep me busy for a long time to come as is Forza & GT4.

1. When i finally defeated the RX7 infinity with the 86 in dragon range.
2. When i got 99% in FR, missing two tracks in reverse.
3. When i got used to handling the clutch and the heel toe with the mc2 and dfp, it was a great feeling using the heel toe and doing a smooth exit in a corner.
4. learning 4 wheel drift.

thats pretty much it, not special IMO.

When I changed my LSD setting for the first time and did very realistic show drifts.

When I found Dragon Range for the first time, and with my RX-7 (fd) no less.

When I found the drift control tests in the DR mode

When I found the tuning options in Time Trial Mode

When my friend was driving a Toyota Soarer and I drove it for the first time. (heart stopping drift moments galore)

When I clutch kicked it to initiate a drift for the first time.

When I got beat by an equally matched car after runing a very good fast race.

Tortus
Do you mean the rally ones? Or is it one of the last stages?

It's the final ones.

the first is a Miata at Cosmic Eggway with the gas and brakes dissabled with full throttle, your instructions are to e-brake into the turn and drift in order to stay on track

the next one is same senario with the e-brake dissabled as well, your instructions are to fient initiate and drift in order to stay on track.

then you go to the large turn and you have to do it with the Silvia S-tune, then the Catterham. HARD AS HELL!!

Damn, sweet. I'm up to Lvl 16, so that gives me good reason to progress. I've actually found DR to be great for drifting, because it taught me how to use the DFP and I learned the physics model in the game very well (fast cornering, controlling oversteer etc). So then I took that knowledge to Time Trial practice stuff.

Enthusia is so great at teaching noobs (me) how to drive well.

Just tried it all. I S'd the first two after some difficulty, but damn the 3rd one (Nismo S15) is impossible. I just don't get how to do it!

Lowenseering is an awesome drift course, and an awesome track as well.

Tortus
Just tried it all. I S'd the first two after some difficulty, but damn the 3rd one (Nismo S15) is impossible. I just don't get how to do it!

Lowenseering is an awesome drift course, and an awesome track as well.

Just tap the e-brake and let the car oversteer and rotate very slowly, I got it on my third attemp. I thought it was the easiest of the drift challenges. Took me a week to pass the Catterham test though. Then I got S on my next try after passing it.

edit: on the S15 you may have to initiate twice. (second time half way 'round the curve)

Final edit: my second attempt at the catterham test revealed a favorite moment as that was the first time I had the slow-mo/crash effect kick in. I was scared as hell cause I had no idea what was happening, and I trully thought I was going to die!

Hun200kmh
1) getting "S" with the R8 in Loeweseenring (stage 4, level 17). There's a replay I like to watch once in a while!

2) winning the Nurburgring King of the Year Race with a VW Golf R32 (tun. lvl 10) with a Nismo chasing me or being chased by me for almost the entire race (2 laps, about 16/17 minutes of full concentration. I was really sweating when I finished it)

Ditto, except replace the VW R32 with an E30 M3, and the Nismo with a R34 GTR Nür and a WRX STi. :)

Another favorite moment was when I unlocked my favorite car (and the car that really caused me to drool over Enthusia while waiting for it to come out), the E30 M3, after like, 3 or 4 races in Enthusia Life.

Tortus
Isn't e-brake disabled?

It's been a while since I did it. It may be, I may have fient initiated, my point is the car has to rotate VERY slowly. That's what I remember about that one, is how hard it is to hold the drift the whole way around the turn and still stay on line.

Tortus
If you don't mind cheating, you could always use the clutch........;)

A friend of mine discovered you could do that, but that was after I beat the challenges the way Konami wants you to... :lol:

Thanks for the advice. I've S'd the first 3 now but I haven't attempted the 4th one yet. I'm just working on being consistent with especially the MX-5 ones, because I basically get Fail-Fail-Fail-S-Fail-Fail etc.

The clutch didn't really help me with the S15, so I don't use it.

Many favorite moments but the best are:

1. Realising my black momo steering can be used! 👍

2. I can be a drift king playing enthusia :dopey: using unconventional cars no less. Imagine drifting a XJR/S600L :dunce:

Yeah that's true, I love the fact you can drift so many unique cars. Hell, even just driving some of them is quite interesting. Citroen, Austin Healy, MG, Fiat...love the classics.

Actually, it was this game that got me into classics.

I havent played much in a few months but still my best moment was seeing the AI use the hand brake in a FWD car on the dragon range.

LaBounti
I havent played much in a few months but still my best moment was seeing the AI use the hand brake in a FWD car on the dragon range.

What? Guess I'm gonna have to follow the Vitz Turbo AI car up the mountain a little closer next time I get beat by it in my Bluebird '69. :lol:

1: First Time i drove Mirage crossing, it was awsome, ive driven it so much and still doesnt get boring :D

2: Discovering the Dragon Range, in a Lancer Evo 7 it was just unbeleivable.

3: The Karusell on the nurburgring, i got it perfect, perfect speed, line, entry and exit.

4: Discovering the Nurburgring Reverse version!!!! :scared: 👍 :drool: :D

1. I was racing an SL500 at Mirrage and we were getting to the part just before the straight. We were neck-and-neck, I was on the outside of the turn and turned in a little to sharp. The brilliant AI driver decides to avoid me and go get stuck on the bad side of the flags. That was fun.

2. I was doing a race in the E30 M3 at Pacific Whatever, and was playing with the gears before the race started, just to see how many it has (It has 5 BTW). Then I heard the count down and rushed back to 1st gear. But little did I know that I had gone too far an put it in reverse. So when the race started I backed right in to the STi that was behind me. I fealt really stupid after that. But I won anyway.

spykerdriver
2. I was doing a race in the E30 M3 at Pacific Whatever, and was playing with the gears before the race started, just to see how many it has (It has 5 BTW). Then I heard the count down and rushed back to 1st gear. But little did I know that I had gone too far an put it in reverse. So when the race started I backed right in to the STi that was behind me. I fealt really stupid after that. But I won anyway.
LOL Nice!!

My favorite things that has happened to me so far is going through the Karusell perfectly with a NSX. I saved the replay to it because there was another NSX close behind me the entire way. It was just a good clean quality race. We never touched despite being very close to each other several times. I only won be a second or so.

And beating a Ford GT and SLR with the E30 M3 at Marco Stada. That was fun.

The worst thing that has happened to me so far is doing the reverse Nurburgring for the first time. I hardly spent any time on the road. I was everywhere on the grass. That really sucked.

amp88
Getting to ranking 1 with the Honda Accord

I have pics too! Me I made it with a S14(I should play less with Silvia's, lol!)

EnthusiaHistory2.jpg

EnthusiaHistory.jpg

You know...

EnthusiaHistory3.jpg

I'm no god, lol!

The cars became way too fast for me, so It end up that I changed into a GT40.

I have a similar "beat Enthusia Life with a relatively slow car" story...

Using the *drumroll....* E30 M3 for nearly every race after winning it in the third race, I used it to earn rank #1, right before the end of the first year, and just in time to enter the first King of the Year competition...I had some trouble with a Skyline and an STi, but I won the race, and "beat" the game. :)

Wolfe2x7
I have a similar "beat Enthusia Life with a relatively slow car" story...

Using the *drumroll....* E30 M3 for nearly every race after winning it in the third race, I used it to earn rank #1, right before the end of the first year, and just in time to enter the first King of the Year competition...I had some trouble with a Skyline and an STi, but I won the race, and "beat" the game. :)

You guys are in way too much of a hurry to beat the game. It takes all the fun out of it. I'm halfway into my second year and I'm at rank 300 something. I haven't run a race with lower than 5:1 odds for as long as I can remember. Once the car hits level 6 I swap it to loose the advantage. Every race I run is a drift session and if I finish 2nd or 3rd I'm happy. Hell even if I don't finish I'm still happy after all the smoke clears!! :sly: :dopey:

I wan't this game to last a good long time. 👍 I do this with all my games. I progress them as slowly as I can and have a blast while not progressing.

BTW, I'm at 60% completion of Enthusia and 40% of GT4 (I like to drift in Time Trial mode)

Back