FC Online Event Pre-Season Test #2. LOBBIES FULL!

• Thread starter Hun200kmh
  • 95 comments
Portugal
Lisboa
FLAT_TWELVE

picture.php

IN ASSOCIATION WITH

picture.php

Invite YOU to the Pre-Season Ferrari Challenge Online Event Test #2, next Saturday, January 10th 2009, starting at 11:00 PM (GMT)

The purpose of this second pre-season event is to check on various settings for the season's races, concerning different aspects like:

a) Fully filled 8 players lobby stability;

b) Headsets effectiveness of use in-lobby (I ask you all to turn the mics OFF during the actual races, sometimes it can be disturbing and if all 8 players have headsets the noise from them could become a pain to your ears);

c) Time needed to complete 4 x 10 minutes races, then proceed to the reconfiguration of the lobbies, and after that have a 5th 30 minutes race.

I will host one of the initial lobbies, and I have invited GTP_Marchbrown to host the other, because we're used to Skype as a tool to comunicate while racing and that could be useful, at least while we are unexperienced at this.

Anyway, after the first 4 races we can get to a situation where both hosts will be placed in the same lobby. IF that happens, we will do it this way (I'll configure a situation where both hosts placed 5th or lower in their lobbies, just to make it easy for me to write this "example", but it can happen the other way of course):

1) One of the hosts will maintain the lobby open for the 5th race, will ask the players placed 1st to 4th to retire from it and after they leave will send invites to the 4 players from the other lobby that were placed 5th or lower there (including it's host);

2) It will be the duty of the other host, before he closes the lobby, to ask someone from his lobby (that got placed between 1st to 4th) to open a new lobby, asking him to invite to that new lobby the other 3 players that were also placed in the top spots in their lobby, and also the 4 best ranked players from the other lobby (he'll need to say to him who they are, of course)

I ask all to:

a) have a pen or pencil and paper next to you, because you could be invited to host the last race lobby and you'll need to take note of who you need to invite;

b) send friend's requests (or accept friend's requests) to/from all other participants. One thing I learned from test #1 is that sending invites to someone not on your friends list is very time-consuming.

About the initial lobbies, I didn't want to lose time thinking how to split players between them, so it'll be like this. First to apply will go to lobby 1, 2nd to lobby 2, 3rd to lobby 1, 4th to lobby 2 ... and so on until we get 14 players applying (+ the 2 hosts).

I'll write now the lobbie's players list. Will edit this post to add the player's names after they apply:

LOBBY 1

GTP_Hun (Host)
Ardius_
GTExD_pino-r
GTP_ENERGIYA
GTP_theewar
holy_sword
Sarrinen69
RSRacer

LOBBY 2

GTP_Marchbrown (Host)
GTP_Stealthwinnr
danjama
jjaisli
GTP_GoesTo11
GTP_SimcoeAce
LITLE-JOBBIE
GTNeidher

We will be - again - racing this car

1082169258_bc83ecf075_o.jpg

and - again - because it's impossible not to have it from the start of the game. So, if you don't have a copy of FC now, you can still buy it until Saturday, fire up the game and you'll immediately have the car needed to enter this pre-season test.

As it is planned for the full event, one of the five races for this test will be a "wet race". However, I don't want to make it hard on anyone on a simple test, so the "wet" race will be one of the first four, not the fifth long one.

So, these are the races for Saturday:

FIRST RACE - DRY
hockenheim.jpg

SECOND RACE - DRY
monza.jpg

THIRD RACE - DRY
montreal02.jpg

FOURTH RACE - WET
mugello.g

FIFTH RACE - DRY
spa_new.gif

All interested racers should apply here in this thread and be ready to receive a game invite from their lobby's host next Saturday a few minutes before the scheduled hour (11:00 PM GMT). Because only two rooms will be hosted, with a maximum capacity of 16 players, (hosts + 14), that means you must be one of the first 14 to apply, or else I'm very sorry but you won't be able to make it.

Let's have fun. And remember, this is a test, we are all unexperienced at doing it, so be patient between races (hosts will need to keep track of what's going on, getting any disconnected players back in, whatever ...) and most of all ... have fun.

Did I mention, concerning track behaviour, that OLR standard rules apply? Well, I just did now :D But I don't think we'll have a problem with it :)

One last important notice: applying for this test doesn't mean you apply for the 2009 event. And of course not applying for this test doesn't mean you won't be able to apply for the 2009 event.

Meet you racing next Saturday!

Last edited:
Ok! I'm not at home and I think I only have your GTP user in my friends list. If you don't mind, send me a friends request with that user.

I'll edit the 1st post, you'll be in my lobby from the start 👍

Ok! I'm not at home and I think I only have your GTP user in my friends list. If you don't mind, send me a friends request with that user.

I'll edit the 1st post, you'll be in my lobby from the start 👍

Will do.

Ill be there mate if im welcome, my PSN is same as user name here. Look forward to it. I dont have a mic though sorry. good track list.

Of course you're welcome danjama. You have been placed in lobby 2, I suggest you send "GTP_Marchbrown" a PSN friends request to make him able to send you the needed invite for that lobby when the time comes. Remember we'll run PRIVATE lobbies, you can only enter by invite and you won't even be able to see their existence in the lobbies list.

Sorry Mario i can not be in this event. The time of race start its 2400 in norway and thats not good time for me.SORRY

Sorry Mario i can not be in this event. The time of race start its 2400 in norway and thats not good time for me.SORRY

I'm so sad to hear that Bjorn. I know that this late hour isn't very convenient (even for a Saturday) but I hope you understand it was the best compromise I could achieve in order to make it possible as a "world event". Our (european) Saturday night is Saturday evening in NA and early Sunday morning in Australia.

I will have to get back up to speed, haven't really been playing lately. I will get some practice in so i do not finish last, lol very fast group of racers, a few of you i already have on my psn friends list.

Please sir:sly:can i have some of this:tup:

Both you guys have more than 1 PSN ID. I put you on the lobbies with the GTP IDs, if that's not the ones you plan to use please say it. Hosts need to know to what PSN Ids they must send the invites.

Also, to all players: don't forget to send PSN friends requests to the hosts (if you don't have them already in your PSN friends list), it'll make things easier (and faster) for all

You're added in lobby 2 Biggles.

@Sarrinen: I see you online here. Since you just registered I don't think the first post you write will appear (be published) until a mod aproves it. If you want to take part in this event I think you can write that in your own "member page" (you have a welcoming message from me there). Just click your username in the yellow box above (top right of the page) to go there. And - again - welcome! 👍

EDIT: However, if you do it right now you'll end up in lobby 1 (hosted by me) :ill:

RE-EDIT: I got Sarrinen in the PSN and he is unable to post because he is unable to retrieve the account activation email (without PC atm) but he asked to apply for this event. So, I'll add him to my :ill: lobby.

Last edited:
Ill be there mate if im welcome, my PSN is same as user name here. Look forward to it. I dont have a mic though sorry. good track list.

Excellent thanks very much sir!

I'm quite looking forward to this now will finally meet biggles and the likes online! :sly:

Hi If there's any room count me in my psn id is LITTLE-JOBBIE

thx

You're in. Lobby 2, hosted by GTP_Marchbrown. Be ready a litle before 11:00 PM next Saturday. And Welcome!

To all: Don't forget you need to send PSN friends requests to your respective hosts, or else you won't be invited when the time comes.

Mario: Is It possible to have different race start in the two lobbys? If possible we can devide drivers to a racestart that suits them. That was the reason for the different racestarts in the last Star wars event.

Count me in, I should make it.

You're in. Lobby 1 👍

Mario: Is It possible to have different race start in the two lobbys? If possible we can devide drivers to a racestart that suits them. That was the reason for the different racestarts in the last Star wars event.

I guess it's possible, yes, but since the lobbies will have to merge for the final race it won't make much difference.

My lobby is full now, you have a vacant spot left, from now on you rule your lobby, if you're thinking about changing the start hour just set that up with "Your" racingmates for the first 4 races.

btw: last night I played FC after almost two weeks of absence. It took me three races to get some speed back. Considering the fast guys I have in my lobby maybe we don't need another host for the final race. :D

You are so good now, (new weel) HW, maybe we should make us together as a Ferrari team. same color and markings on the cars, hehe.

Yess i am in too Hun:)

Great! You're in Lobby 2, hosted by GTP_Marchbrown, don't forget to send him a friends request on PSN 👍

Yeah me too, I'll be there to get the crazy people off your back again Hun LOL

Hereward, you applied just a bit too late ... :banghead: so you are now in "overbooking" status (you should've applied last night when we talked about it :grumpy: ). However, my experience from test #1 tells me that not everyone that applies eventually shows up.

Therefore, and because we'll run this test as a simulation of what will happen in the real Event weekends, I'll "copy" here the rules I wrote in the 2009 Event thread, just to remind everyone what happens when we have "overbooking":

9. If more than 16 players want to race a weekly event, only the first 16 applying to race (here, in this thread or in a dedicated thread) will receive an invite from the host. Sorry, but the points each of us gets will mean nothing if we have more than one room where the event races are held.

Ok, here's the tricky part. I think we'll surely have more than 8 players each week (we had 15 applying, and up to 12 entering a race in the pre-season test), and therefore we will need to open 2 lobbies. But the fact is that in some weeks we won't have 16 players, in some weeks we may have "overbooking". This is my idea about it:
a) Players wanting to enter one weekly event must apply for it in that event's "track poll thread". The first 16 to apply there get the right to participate. If any player doesn't show up to race until the end of thefirst race, the host can invite other players to race (that he notices are online) to fill the vacant spots from the 2nd race onwards.
b) Players will be split as equally (in numbers) as possible between both lobbies (if, as an example, only 12 racers show up, we'll run 2 lobbies of six players each). I'm not sure how to pick the racers for the first event, but for each of the following ones the lobbies will be formed based on the previous week's last race.

So, Hereward, we have 3 possible situations:

a) All players that applied show up to race. I'm very, very sorry, but there's no way we can get you in this test.

b) One of the 16 players that applied writes in this thread, before the test starts, that he can't make it. If that happens, his slot becomes yours.

c) One player doesn't show up until the end of the first race. When the host gets back to lobby, if that player is still missing, and you are online on PSN, the host will send you an invite and the slot is yours from the second race onwards.

Last edited:
Nah don't worry, Like I've said all along, I'll simply be there to fill in the gaps, theres no way I'll make every race so I don't want to take a place from those who will make them all, If I'm online shout if theres a gap.

Sorry i didn't reply to your profile message hun, it totally slipped my mind. Looks like i'm too late anyway lol. Probably for the best, as it's just not enjoyable with a dfp. Will have to talk the wife into letting me get a new wheel.

Latest Posts

Back