FC Online Event Pre-Season Test #2. LOBBIES FULL!

• Thread starter Hun200kmh
  • 95 comments
Hi Mario,
now it´s official, no party this evening and i can fill up a lobbie if anyone cannot show up:tup:
Hope to race you guys this night, but be carefull if you are around me, because there are coming a lot of viruses out of my car:indiff: and i don´t want to infect you:sly:

:cheers:

Nah don't worry, Like I've said all along, I'll simply be there to fill in the gaps, theres no way I'll make every race so I don't want to take a place from those who will make them all, If I'm online shout if theres a gap.

👍

Sorry i didn't reply to your profile message hun, it totally slipped my mind. Looks like i'm too late anyway lol. Probably for the best, as it's just not enjoyable with a dfp. Will have to talk the wife into letting me get a new wheel.

Do that! :D

Hi Mario,
now it´s official, no party this evening and i can fill up a lobbie if anyone cannot show up:tup:
Hope to race you guys this night, but be carefull if you are around me, because there are coming a lot of viruses out of my car:indiff: and i don´t want to infect you:sly:

:cheers:

It's a closed car, anyway, I'll keep my own car's door shut and no viruses will enter. But if it was the Testarossa I wouldn't like to draft you! :sly:

.... Probably for the best, as it's just not enjoyable with a dfp. Will have to talk the wife into letting me get a new wheel.

Are you refering to a Driving Force Pro? Why is it not enjoyable?
I was thinking of getting one of them...!

LOBBY 1 :ill::crazy:

GTP_Hun (Host)
Ardius_
GTExD_pino-r
GTP_ENERGIYA
GTP_theewar
holy_sword
Sarrinen69
RSRacer

hi to all I hope to reach the finishing line i'm slow......:guilty:
I don't know if I will be' present from competition 1 ,can I eventually add me to initiated competitions?
in Italy 11.00gmt what time it corresponds? you excuse the questions

thanks ciao 👍

pino-r, I think 11:00 PM GMT is midnight in Italy

Biggles ... the point is I don't think we'll have to find another host for the last race. Marchbrown gets the 1st to 4th lobby and I ... get the other one :crazy:

;)

I will have to get back up to speed, haven't really been playing lately. I will get some practice in so i do not finish last, lol very fast group of racers, a few of you i already have on my psn friends list.

I've just being re-reading my lobby group and I just noticed your name, heh, I remember you from the other day as one of the yanks I happened to race. (it was just before I went and raced DaddyVDUB actually).
Try and keep up this time, eh? :P

LOBBY 2

GTP_Marchbrown (Host)
GTP_Stealthwinnr
danjama
jjaisli
GTP_GoesTo11
GTP_SimcoeAce
LITLE-JOBBIE

IN LOBBY 2 I ONLY MISS

GTNeidher

Can you please send me a friend request ASAP. Thanks!

I will also like to have the tags of players in the Lobby 1. This will be usefull in the final race where the lobbys will be rearanged.

I've just (with 3 mins to go) been informed by the wife she's watching the TV till midnight, anyone got a spade?

Sorry to all it concerns but the first hairpin in our lobby 2 race was really strange. Or else this seams to work with not too much lag.

Hei, var i lobbyn din. Trodde det var seriøs racing, men det så ut som stort sett alle var mer ut etter å dytte hverandre av veien. Det er trist at det ikke skal gå ann å treffe noen som tar det litt seriøst. Jeg har hud,n av skrudd, så jeg så ikke hvem av de som var bad boys. Lykke til med race:)

Jeg tror nok det var et ulykkestilfelle. Jeg ser det er med en i lobbyen vår som ikke virker for erfaren men de fleste andre tror jeg kjører rent. Men - jeg innrømmer det at jeg ikke kjenner alle i denne lobbyen godt nok til å si noe sikkert. Gi det en sjangse til. Husk at det er noe lag i dette spillet. Jeg er utrolig forsiktig med forbikjøringer selv.

Results Lobby 2

Hockenheim
1st Simcoe
2nd danjama
3rd marchbrown
4th JJasaili
5th stealthwinnr
6th Goesto11
7th Little Jobbie

Monza
1st Simcoe
2nd marchbrown
3rd Stealthwinner
4th danjama
5th JJasaili
6th Goesto11
7th Little Jobbie
8th GTNeidher - retired

Redwood

1st Marchbrown
2nd Simcoe
3rd danjama
5th JJasaili
6th Stealthwinnr
7th Goesto11
8th Little Jobbie

Mugello - stange things happening results

1st - danjama
2nd - JJasaili
3rd - SimCoe
4th - GTP_Steahwinner
5th - GTP_Goesto11

Rest of the drivers got a DC in lap 2

From lobby 2

1st Simocoace
2nd danjama
3rd Jjaisli
3rd Marchbrown

is heading to the final 8th in the Spa race

Last edited:
Funny, my standings said I was 4th/4 on Mugello and Jjaisli said I was 5th/5

We now have 3 spa lobbies open: Hereward, danjama and marchbrown.

Funny, my standings said I was 4th/4 on Mugello and Jjaisli said I was 5th/5

We now have 3 spa lobbies open: Hereward, danjama and marchbrown.

Probably we should call the Mugello race a total DC. I got my results from Stealthwinnr after getting a DC.

I havent played this game to much but I think something is happening between 12.00 and 02.00 GMT with the online gameing. Several times at this time we experienced probblems with connection.

EDIT: Im just adding after reading Herewards post that that I got 16 meg connection.

Last edited:
Well I Failed to host 5 people at spa with a 10 meg connection, Little Jobie tried a few times with his 20 meg connection but the lobbys kept colapseing, finaly gave up when my PS3 froze for the 3rd time on the invite screen. Sorry to the guys bounceing in and out, not much more I could do with the issues we were both having. Had a couple of members lagging in the first groups of races as well which didn't make for an enjoyable time, maybe a reigonal issue?

Might be worth trying to find who has the best connections for hosting and also grouping people in lobbys not only on there ability but also if theres issues with host and connections, not ideal but would make for more stable races and less people droping out of lobbys and races which will really upset you when we move from practice to the real thing!

Looks like this was the issue we all had!
http://forums.eutechnyx.com/index.php/topic,233.0.html

Last edited:
Hei, var i lobbyn din. Trodde det var seriøs racing, men det så ut som stort sett alle var mer ut etter å dytte hverandre av veien. Det er trist at det ikke skal gå ann å treffe noen som tar det litt seriøst. Jeg har hud,n av skrudd, så jeg så ikke hvem av de som var bad boys. Lykke til med race:)

It was a practice session tom, there will be accidents, there was in the lobby I was in but I belive no one pourpousfully tried to hit anyone, just takes time for people to get used to racing with each other, thus the practice

Hi guys, just want to add a few things! First of all i had a really good time despite a few disconnects and lagging. In particular, Mugello in the rain until it went wrong, and hockenheim was also very tricky! I think everyone played a part in making it a good night. me and JJsaili finished neck and neck TWICE literally a tenth of a second apart with me just clipping it both times, sorry mate :) I think there could have been alot more accidents but everyone was really good and clean generally. Also, Spa for half an hour is alot different to Spa for 5 or 10 mins!! It becomes a whole different race!

Now ill just add that next time i would be happy to host, i dont get alot of people kicked my games, its only happened once last night, so it may be worth a try. One last thing, i have the official finish results of Mugello Wet here, JJasaili sent them to me at the end of the race so that we would know. They are -

1st - Myself
2nd - JJasaili
3rd - SimCoe
4th - GTP_Steahwinner
5th - GTP_Goesto11

Thanks for a great night all especially hosts, same time next week?! :)

Last edited:
Tomorrow I'll write my extensive review on tonight's racing . As for today, I'll just say that I hope you guys all had fun with this, whatever your personal results were. Speaking of results, a special mention must go to Sarrinen69. He completely OWNS this game. Great driving!

Thanks Jon (Marchbrown) for helping me organizing this, hosting was much easier for me tonight than it was in the first test, and having you as co-host of this event was reassuring.

PS - Ardius, I hit the driver's door of your car at nearly 250 km/h ... I'm glad you survived :crazy:

Thank you all! 👍

It was fun but I had a horrible time driving wise. I should have known it wasn't a good idea to try racing in the rain for the first time without aids. Otherwise I'm about 4-6 seconds too slow to be competitive right now (judging by fastest laps). I guess I need some practice.

I didn't get an invite to the final race.

Thanks to Marchbrown for hosting and GTP_Hun for organizing

Yeah cheers guys for hosting, I did have some good scraps with a few guys just sorry I couldn't get the spa race going! The rain was insane LOL

:cheers: Had an absolute blast tonight! Probably the most fun racing on-line I ever experienced. Thank you everybody!

At the start of my very first race (Hockenheim), I was 2nd and couldn't slow down for the first corner. The only way I could have made it is if I had been on the brakes immediately and I wasn't. I couldn't see who was coming behind me so I just waited to the side for the entire field to pass by before getting back on the course. (ugh) Then at the Mercedes arena the whole field bunched up and braked early and I had nowhere to go and ended up smacking Marchbrown. I thought this was going to be the start of a very long evening. :lol:

But things seemed to come together and I didn't totally embarrass myself. The start of Monza was a bit of a mess. And at the 2nd chicane (Variante della Roggia) the field was bunched up and I had so much lag cars were just bouncing everywhere. I was totally driving blind. But other than that the lag wasn't too bad and I had some close side by side racing several times and I think everybody tried to stay clean.

I feel badly for those people who kept getting kicked out of the lobby and it's a real shame. But at least the lobbies didn't collapse completely like they did in the last test.

Great fun!

......Speaking of results, a special mention must go to Sarrinen69. He completely OWNS this game. Great driving!

If it was not for this man i would of been showered in glory tonight! lol.
Seriously though he's in a different league.

Big thanks to Hun & marchbrown for their efforts. Much respect 👍

A top event with some great driving.

...everyone played a part in making it a good night. me and JJsaili finished neck and neck TWICE literally a tenth of a second apart with me just clipping it both times, sorry mate :)

:) Lucky guy. I want to say at Monza it must have been less than 0.10. I pressed 'look right' and we were almost dead even before crossing the line. Incredible. And Spa, after 30 minutes I think it was <0.5 as well. Bloody Fantastic Mate! 👍

...speaking of results, a special mention must go to Sarrinen69. He completely OWNS this game...

:lol: Alien in the house! Hell, I was impressed with my driving at Spa and I finished over a minute behind the guy!

Not sure if it will help but I wrote down my own notes (part out of sympathy and part because I wanted to see how tricky it would be in case I need to host).

From Lobby 2 (results and fastest lap):

1) HOCKENHEIM
GTP_SimcoeAce 01:49.7
danjama 01:51.1
GTP_Marchbrown 01:51.3
jjaisli 01:50.2
GTP_Stealthwinner 01:52.1
GTP_GoesTo11 01:53.6
Little_Jobbie DQL
GTNeidher DNF

2) MONZA
GTP_SimcoeAce 1.50.49
GTP_Marchbrown 1.50.39
GTP_Stealthwinner 1.52.51
danjama 1.51.99
jjaisli 1.52.46
GTP_GoesTo11 1.56.07
Little_Jobbie 1.58.35
GTNeidher retired

3) MONTREAL
GTP_Marchbrown 1.41.52
GTP_SimcoeAce 1.41.19
danjama 1.42.14
jjaisli 1.41.44
GTP_Stealthwinner 1.43.41
GTP_GoesTo11 1.44.61
Little_Jobbie dq

4) MUGELLO (WET)
danjama 2.03.14
jjaisli 2.03.80
GTP_SimcoeAce 2.02.32
GTP_Stealthwinner 2.06.62
GTP_GoesTo11 2.10.82
Little_Jobbie 2.31.24
GTP_Marchbrown 2.16.93

5) SPA (Combined Lobby 1)
Sarrinen69 2.22.73
RSRacer 2.24.98
GTP_SimcoeAce 2.25.46
danjama 2.27.03
jjaisli 2.26.88
GTP_Hun 2.26.80
Ardius_ 2.40.58

Thanks to Hun & Marchbrown for hosting. Yes, somewhat less of a mess than the last time, but still not really satisfactory.

I spent three of the five races running totally alone: Hockenheim & Monza in the lead (after pretty much everyone piled off at the first corners), & Spa behind Sarrinen & RS (as usual RS & I were almost perfectly matched, but that meant I stayed between 6 & 8 secs behind RS the entire race) & in front of everyone else. Only at Montreal did I have a few close laps with marchbrown with an exciting finish, & at Mugello where jjaisli & I had a couple of good laps.

It's pretty clear that 8 person lobbies are too unstable - it's pretty frustrating to have the races collapse after running many laps.

Thanks to Hun & Marchbrown for hosting. Yes, somewhat less of a mess than the last time, but still not really satisfactory.

I spent three of the five races running totally alone: Hockenheim & Monza in the lead (after pretty much everyone piled off at the first corners), & Spa behind Sarrinen & RS (as usual RS & I were almost perfectly matched, but that meant I stayed between 6 & 8 secs behind RS the entire race) & in front of everyone else. Only at Montreal did I have a few close laps with marchbrown with an exciting finish, & at Mugello where jjaisli & I had a couple of good laps.

It's pretty clear that 8 person lobbies are too unstable - it's pretty frustrating to have the races collapse after running many laps.

The latest from Eutechnyx is, they know what the problem is with players getting kicked out and collapsing lobbies, they're working on it, but it will require a complete re-write of the code. So there's no hope of this until the 'next' patch. And goodness knows when that's going to be. :indiff: Very unfortunate as there's so much potential here. Not that it likely make a big difference but maybe those of you with a mind to do so can stop by the Eutechnyx forum and give them some polite encouragement to get this out the door asap, as it seems like they're working on this through their own initiative and not with any support of System 3.

http://forums.eutechnyx.com/index.php/topic,233.0.html

As for Mugello, I knew you were faster. After you went off and came back up behind me, I knew my only chance was take it easy, not make any mistakes and defend the inside line. Another lap or two and I'm sure you would have got me somewhere. But a lot of fun either way. 👍

Latest Posts

Back