FC world championship - ROUND 3 ( 4 positions left )

What GMT times suites all for future rounds

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks for the words, i didn´t find them myself on saturday evening (the oldtimer event).
But they describe my feelings in a perfect way.
I hope to do better in our next meetings.:D

:embarrassed: Trust me, there was nothing similar about your performance in the 250 event and mine last night. :indiff: I couldn't put a wheel right all night.

JJAISLI, you'll do a better job in the 360 GT. All fingers and toes crossed.
Trust me, dont cross your toes, It hurts.

Everyone has a bad night. I have

Hmm... sounds like the "Championship" nature of the event may have "over-inspired" some people in this series. Of course, with the somewhat unpredictable lag in FC, it's sometimes difficult to read where exactly you are in relationship to others, & even difficult to tell if you did make contact.

In Brazil we have a saying that goes "Quem cala consente!" It more or less means "Who keeps quiet consents!" (with what has been said)! So I better explain what and how I saw...

This happened both times I was leading and both times it was under heavy braking. At Hockenheim, it was at the last 2 corners, I lost a little traction and started braking a little extra through the 2nd-to last corner only to be shunted off the track and into a big slide, resulting in me going slower than normal down the finish straight and losing not just 1st but also 2nd place. No one waited.

I won that race so I understand I was the one involved with your crash. I race with the name tags off it distracts me so I don't know with whom happened what happened. I remember been second in the last lap and I was trying to overtake as clean as I should. The car in front of me was blocking my overtaking maneuvers from left to right and then right to left at every possible instance not letting even get side by side so for me it was impossible to overtake. I was going much faster but still I knew I had to race clean. Also the car in front of me was breaking way too much early compared to my breaking point so again it was very very difficult to judge when he would break this was leading to some very very close racing plus the fact the car behind me could hit me hard at any moment was a big worry too. Many corners I was trying to overtake from the outside and was almost pulling it out but it makes your track length much longer so it wasn't possible to finish the overtaking but at turn 10 to 11 I was very very close and at turn 12 I managed to sneak into the inside line. The car which was in front of me tried to take the corner but I was already in the inside so I believe I at this point had the line then somehow I saw it running wide approaching turn 13 so I'm pretty sure I did the overtaking properly and my screen didn't show any contact as well.

Then, at Mugello, after having a brilliant battle with Zedux for almost the entire race, going into the first corner on the last lap I was again shunted off and again Zedux didn't wait, despite him waiting for a couple of earlier little incidents.

I don't find it funny at all that people seem to wait for the minor incidents on the early laps but not for the big incidents on the final laps.

Again here I had the name tags off but seems like it was you Ardius once again I was up against! It was very very similar to the Hockenheim race. But as it was a dry race it was even more dangerous because the speed was even faster. But I had the exactly same issues when trying to overtaking righ-left left-right closing the door and breaking points. I started the race 2nd last and after some time I was 2nd the other cars I overtook all clean racing and it was very difficult to pass you mainly for the reason I mentioned above. I touched your rear a couple of times but it was just minor and I can guarantee you I was doing my best not to touch you. At turn 14 the Bucine you ran wide I took the inside line because you left the door open we touched and I gave you back the position but frankly speaking it wasn't my fault. Once I had the inside line the corner becomes mine and if we touch like we did it was because you didn't back off but still I preferred to give back to position to exactly avoid any issue. Coming into the last lap we were both side by side approaching turn 1 San Donato we were running some very high speed I had the inside line I braked at my last possible second you braked even later I had the inside line and you tried to take the turn as if my car wasn't there! If that happens the sequence of events would be I continue with my line and you run wide just like what happened. I felt bad and didn't even know if was contact or not as I saw your car running wide for that and asked "did I touch you?" and someone replied "no, it was my mistake" even dough it wasn't my fault!

Then there was Infineon, which was crazy as I came around the long left hander - to find Zedux across the track, blocking the whole road! I tried to avoid but he started moving to the outside, where I was moving to avoid and hence I ended up hitting him, losing a lot of time and getting a shunt from behind too.

I was happy with the general racing but not with some of the results as I certainly felt Hockenheim had been mine.

I wasn't trying to block the whole road due to some racing circumstances a spun did that and was trying to get out of there as quickly as possible!

I don't want to open my mouth too much considering my own sorrowful performance, but I have to agree, there was a lot of dodgy driving going on last night. I was knocked off the track 3 separate times.

I agree with you jjaisli! I was touched once at Silverstone which took me to last place. Misano not once not twice but 3 times I was sent into some sandy roads. Hockenheim twice I was hit very hard from behind at turn 4 the Harpin which sent me both times into last positions. Mugello sent off track 2 times and Redwood Park too but that's what I remember. But I know it was not intentionally I see these all as racing incidents and I'm used to race you guys plus the fact with such high level of racing with minimum 6 great players every race this is normal yes normal I don't mean taking people out but clean competitive racing and incidents do happen! And I really enjoyed every single moment out there racing against you guys in the good and difficult moments! Gonna take my dog down for a walk :) as he is crying and I'm here just saying "wait, wait!" :dopey:

Last edited:
RACE 6 - MHM66 PUNTED OFF GTP_ENERGIYA

I do not appreciate leading a race to the last lap and being shunted. This happened both times I was leading and both times it was under heavy braking.

No one waited.

I don't find it funny at all that people seem to wait for the minor incidents on the early laps but not for the big incidents on the final laps.

I was knocked off the track 3 separate times.

The car in front of me was blocking my overtaking maneuvers from left to right and then right to left at every possible instance not letting even get side by side so for me it was impossible to overtake.

But I had the exactly same issues when trying to overtaking righ-left left-right closing the door and breaking points.

I was touched once at Silverstone which took me to last place. Misano not once not twice but 3 times I was sent into some sandy roads. Hockenheim twice I was hit very hard from behind at turn 4 the Harpin which sent me both times into last positions. Mugello sent off track 2 times and Redwood Park too but that's what I remember.

Ok, now I'm almost glad I wasn't able to attend this event. You guys surely realize that these kind of "event-reports" is a total disaster for a small community of players that supposedly all know and respect each other!

I know bumps and even shunts are sometimes unavoidable, but if the "wait-and give-position-back" rule isn't respected, then they become useful, even the "avoidable" ones.

I have already decided to "black-list" a few tracks from events I organize, because I notice people using the run-off areas to gain time. And I won't race them in events organized by others.

First, the "chicane" tracks: Monza, Misano, Redwood Park;

Second the "driving off track is faster" tracks : Hockenheim, Paul Ricard and California.

I may still add a few others to the list. However, I'm quite pleased with the selection I did for the FC ROC event: Mugello, Mont Tremblant, Silverstone, VIR and Spa. Even if some or all of these tracks have their "weak spots", they are less prone to push anyone into unrealistic/unfair ways of driving.

I think everyone needs to cool down and think a litle. And, again, I feel free to write whatever I want about this because I wasn't in this event so no one will think I have my own faults or complaints interfering with what I post.

Mugello, Mont Tremblant, Silverstone, VIR and Spa.

I agree totally with this selection, & would just add Vallelunga. The other tracks used to be fun too, but as the driving has become more "professional", racers have started to take advantage of the weaknesses of those tracks, which makes the racing on them a bit suspect IMO. (Don't have too much of a problem with Hockenheim however).

I have no idea what happened in WC Round One, but I will say that in general, because of the frame rate stutter, it's really not possible to "block" fairly in FC, & if you do you should expect to wind up getting shunted. Its OK to take the inside line & force your opponent to take the outside line, but if he's faster coming out of the turn, or on the straight, you just have to let him pass.

In Brazil we have a saying that goes "Quem cala consente!" It more or less means "Who keeps quiet consents!" (with what has been said)! So I better explain what and how I saw...

I won that race so I understand I was the one involved with your crash. I race with the name tags off it distracts me so I don't know with whom happened what happened. I remember been second in the last lap and I was trying to overtake as clean as I should. The car in front of me was blocking my overtaking maneuvers from left to right and then right to left at every possible instance not letting even get side by side so for me it was impossible to overtake. I was going much faster but still I knew I had to race clean. Also the car in front of me was breaking way too much early compared to my breaking point so again it was very very difficult to judge when he would break this was leading to some very very close racing plus the fact the car behind me could hit me hard at any moment was a big worry too. Many corners I was trying to overtake from the outside and was almost pulling it out but it makes your track length much longer so it wasn't possible to finish the overtaking but at turn 10 to 11 I was very very close and at turn 12 I managed to sneak into the inside line. The car which was in front of me tried to take the corner but I was already in the inside so I believe I at this point had the line then somehow I saw it running wide approaching turn 13 so I'm pretty sure I did the overtaking properly and my screen didn't show any contact as well.

Again here I had the name tags off but seems like it was you Ardius once again I was up against! It was very very similar to the Hockenheim race. But as it was a dry race it was even more dangerous because the speed was even faster. But I had the exactly same issues when trying to overtaking righ-left left-right closing the door and breaking points. I started the race 2nd last and after some time I was 2nd the other cars I overtook all clean racing and it was very difficult to pass you mainly for the reason I mentioned above. I touched your rear a couple of times but it was just minor and I can guarantee you I was doing my best not to touch you. At turn 14 the Bucine you ran wide I took the inside line because you left the door open we touched and I gave you back the position but frankly speaking it wasn't my fault. Once I had the inside line the corner becomes mine and if we touch like we did it was because you didn't back off but still I preferred to give back to position to exactly avoid any issue. Coming into the last lap we were both side by side approaching turn 1 San Donato we were running some very high speed I had the inside line I braked at my last possible second you braked even later I had the inside line and you tried to take the turn as if my car wasn't there! If that happens the sequence of events would be I continue with my line and you run wide just like what happened. I felt bad and didn't even know if was contact or not as I saw your car running wide for that and asked "did I touch you?" and someone replied "no, it was my mistake" even dough it wasn't my fault!

I wasn't trying to block the whole road due to some racing circumstances a spun did that and was trying to get out of there as quickly as possible!

Well, first, I don't know who replied but I didn't have my mic on (as its broken unfortunately) so I could not have told you at the time if you had touched me.
I agree, its difficult to follow me as I have different braking points and I was defending like hell...mostly because I didn't want to give up the position! I didn't do anything illegal though, I only made 1 move into each corner to block and if it didn't work then I tried to setup and block on the next corner and so on.

I don't remember cutting across you, but I did move in front of you a lot lol :sly:
I just found it very suspect that both incidents happened on the last lap, after you had spent some time behind me knowing where I tended to brake and I would have assumed got used to my slower driving.

I know I'm not the fastest driver on the track but I do expect the same respect when it comes to overtaking me cleanly. I put up a fight for my positions to make up for my lack of pace and I find it quite annoying sometimes when people feel that they can't be bothered trying to battle with me and resort to pushing me off, thats the impression I get anyway.

Hockenheim, on my screen there was no space between me and the inside corner when I entered it, I simply saw your car behind me (not along side) go into me and send me sliding. I had taken the corner slightly more cautiously because it was the last lap and the last corner and I didn't want to slide wide as I lost grip. I think this was a case of lag judging by what you say.
Mugello was a similar case though I'm willing to accept I may have pre-maturely blocked there despite not really remembering it.

Despite this I really enjoyed holding you off for 20 minutes Zedux, I was concentrating so hard to plan my lines ahead in order to work out my strategy for holding you off after each corner and making sure you never had a proper run at me, I suppose this is why it annoyed me so, because I had spent all race holding on only to lose it right at the end. I wouldn't call it wasted effort though because it was an epic race anyway 👍 And I did appreciate the waiting when you nudged me slightly in the last corner in the earlier laps though I wouldn't have minded if you didn't wait there as I fully accept minor contact racing as long as it hadn't taken me completely off track, it was only a small tap.

I have no idea what happened in WC Round One, but I will say that in general, because of the frame rate stutter, it's really not possible to "block" fairly in FC, & if you do you should expect to wind up getting shunted. Its OK to take the inside line & force your opponent to take the outside line, but if he's faster coming out of the turn, or on the straight, you just have to let him pass.

I think its perfectly doable as long as both drivers take the necessary precautions with distance and accept some bumps will happen, which I did, its just I got frustrated that they both happened at the end of the race at a critical moment.
I didn't block on the straights though, only on the entry into corners and I tried to make that change in line early and obvious as possible to the other driver so I wasn't making too many surprise moves that upset their plans too much. I also tried to avoid changing line too much in corners but thats quite difficult sometimes depending on how well I'm controlling the car lol.

Last edited:
It sounds like you were "aggressively defending" your position - something that, in my experience, is not the norm in FC. The lag issues simply make it too difficult for the following driver to cleanly overtake if the driver in front is actively blocking.

both drivers take the necessary precautions with distance

Obviously, only the driver behind is going to have worry about the distance, putting him at an unfair disadvantage. IMO it is inevitable if you try this kind of aggressive defending that you will end up being shunted.

Name one game where aggressive defending makes it easy to overtake. Thats kind of the idea ;)
I accept that it makes it more inevitable that a coming-together is going to happen but it doesn't stop me from being frustrated when it happens. I should probably make it clear that me not being happy was nothing to do with clean racing really, it was just me venting lol. It happens after a race, its what I've seen happening in other games online and here I am doing it myself. I suppose I was in my "after-race rage" mode where a bit of logical thinking goes out the window (not to mention being a little tired).

I'm not arguing against Zedux here, just saying how annoyed I am that it happened, I suppose I'm a little angry at myself for getting annoyed about it, as there is nothing wrong with 2nd place and its worlds apart from where I had expected to finish.

I don't really think I was aggressively defending, a couple of the times perhaps but most of the time it was the standard move to the inside, block the line around the corner defending, not religiously making sure I was in front of him to slow him down (though that did inevitably happen sometimes).

Name one game where aggressive defending makes it easy to overtake.

Even IRL "defending" always results in controversy. In sim racing it's even more problematic. I've always considered that the point is to drive faster than your opponent, & if he is obviously faster, let him through. Moving to the inside well before the turn, in order to force your opponent to take the longer outside line, is a reasonable strategy, diving to the inside just before the corner isn't. It's inevitably going to lead to collisions, given that it's very difficult (at least in FC), for the following driver to know exactly where the car in front is.

Even IRL "defending" always results in controversy. In sim racing it's even more problematic. I've always considered that the point is to drive faster than your opponent, & if he is obviously faster, let him through. Moving to the inside well before the turn, in order to force your opponent to take the longer outside line, is a reasonable strategy, diving to the inside just before the corner isn't. It's inevitably going to lead to collisions, given that it's very difficult (at least in FC), for the following driver to know exactly where the car in front is.

And thats what I'm saying I did, I took the inside line before the turn, not jump around all over the place, which is why I don't think of what I did as "aggressive" unless people don't defend at all in FC which I found hard to believe.
The only parts of my driving which I can consider overly aggressive sometimes is diving up people's insides when overtaking, which I sometimes do straight after they have overtaken me, but that is completely fine as long as I can make it stick. Occasionally I can't but then thats racing and thats the risk I take. I did this a fair bit to jjaisli, though this was a little bit because he braked earlier than I expected a couple of times and had left a good gap for my to jump through anyway.

But, like I just said, I think I just posted too early after the race (if you can call 8 or so hours early, lol) and next time I need to remember not to go posting when I still feel frustrated about something until I've thought about it properly. I don't think me or Zedux did anything wrong it was just a racing incident.
I doubt I will stop defending like I do as I feel its the only way I can be competitive and I happen to enjoy it a lot despite the occasional frustrations.

If I remember right, I did the same thing with mhm not weeks ago, lol, I really need to remember not to assume I've been wronged in some way and just accept that my driving style has its problems.

What is all this arguing about. i agree what everyone is saying but what is this black list all about. I'm pretty sure all off you know i dont cut chicanes in thoes tracks listed, most off you have raced me long enough.

And with this accident business, i allways slow down if i know if it my fault. It happens especially if there is LAG in game.

Mario, with you black list, does this mean you not going to attend my event or you pulling out & who else does not want to do it.

I have already decided to "black-list" a few tracks from events I organize, because I notice people using the run-off areas to gain time. And I won't race them in events organized by others.

First, the "chicane" tracks: Monza, Misano, Redwood Park;

Second the "driving off track is faster" tracks : Hockenheim, Paul Ricard and California.

I may still add a few others to the list. However, I'm quite pleased with the selection I did for the FC ROC event: Mugello, Mont Tremblant, Silverstone, VIR and Spa. Even if some or all of these tracks have their "weak spots", they are less prone to push anyone into unrealistic/unfair ways of driving.

Hi Mário! As I wrote before all incidents were just racing incidents and that's part of racing so I can assure you no way I saw (with whom I was racing with) anybody trying to crash into other car. It was some awesome racing and I really think you missed some of the greatest races I've seen in FC! I know when it's a racing incident and when it's deliberately I raced Grid online over a month's time 💡 and I raced FC with some half-clean drivers online too and Sunday's races were like heaven compared to "normal" online races!

For the black-list I joined these forums because I trust you guys and I know we can have some clean and fair racing altogether here so I see no point in not playing these tracks with me I can assure you I won't cut no corner or chicane (unless I'm just practicing)! We maybe should just make sure to let everyone here know they are supposed to keep always at least 2 tires on track throughout the racing event.

Jason - Maybe you could post some rules about keeping the car on track!

Last edited:
Thanks Zedux, i will.

Our days of misery are almost over people! There is hope and it doesn't lye in Frodo's hands or neck (or wherever he kept it lol) in spite been called "my precious"... it runs on bio fuel made out of tea (lol) and comes from Britain and yes I'm talking about SCC! No more lag and no more shunts no more corner issues and no more pain only joy and happiness!!! Bring on the 360GT :dopey: while we wait!!!

Last edited:
MONZA - 20MIN
CALIFORNIA - 10MIN - WET
HOMESTEAD - 10MIN
MONT TREMBLANT - 10MIN
PAUL RICARD - 10MIN
REDWOOD PARK - 20MIN - WET
VALLELUNGA - 10MIN
SPA - 10MIN - WET

With this lineup of tracks indeed some specific rules should be set. And it would be better if they are "track specific" rules, because this game has so many flaws.

These are the problems I know:

1. Monza

1st chicane: cutting to the right green area before entering the chicane is wrong and should lead to exclusion from the race or from any points gained in it. Two wheels on track at all time is to be expected. However, late braking can send you to the green area to the right of the chicane (the one with those yellow things, I don't know the english name for it), and if this is done by mistake you shouldn't really gain a lot of time, so the only rule I guess could be set is that if you gain a place to a guy that did the chicane properly, you must give it back.

2nd chicane: Anything goes, the risk of a penalty by cutting too much is big, and there's no point in trying to keep an eye on everybody about what happens in this chicane.

2. California:

In the twisty section before reentering the main oval track, you can go a lot faster by disregarding the track entirely. This shouldn't happen at all. and any driver that does this should be excluded from the race or from any points gained in it.

3. Homestead:
4. Mont Tremblant:

I'm not aware of any major problems in these tracks.

5. Paul Ricard

This track is very troublesome, because runoff areas are all in tarmac and as long as you keep it in the "blue" stripes you'll get away with it without a penalty. A few notes: In the straight that leads to Mistral (the fast right corner) you aren't supposed to drive in the side of the track to take a wider entry into mistral. or to do a wide exit also. Same applies to the following corner, both on entry and on exit. And, in corner one, you can make a late-braking mistake and go off track, because if you don't go too deep you don't lose time and, in fact, you get a better line (almost straight) into corner two, where you can also go off track on exit and gain time by doing so.

Apart from the obvious cheating tactics (like doing the straight before mistral out of the track), there are lots of places where you can go off track by mistake, and gain advantage from it. So, either you set that this track is a "anything goes" track, or you set it with very strict rules (but than it will be difficult to monitor and check the compliance with them from all drivers).

6. Redwood Park

Another mess. Either you set that anything goes or you'll be in trouble to check if everyone is complying with the "2 wheels on track" ruling. I would probably set a rule that in the chicanes you can use the green area that is not grass. However, I have noticed in the past that some use the grass in the "almost chicane-esque" sequence of corners 3 and 4. Cars go through the grass to the left of the track and get away with it without any penalty and almost full throttle.

7. Vallelunga

I'm not aware of any major problems in this track.

8. Spa

I know the reports that you can cheat the bus stop chicane by going through the grass before the chicane (to the right). I never tried to do this, it's a stupid thing to do. However, I know that it doesn't give you a penalty because once, with the 512 M IIRC I went into a spin under heavy braking and the car went "backwords" into that area and only stopped in the straight ... without a penalty. So, if you enter it with the car pointed in the right direction (I guess it should be easy todo it with some cheating-practise) you'll surely gain lots of seconds in that lap.

Apart from this, going off track in Spa (as far as I know) will always result in loss of time and/or speed.

I think in the case of Paul Ricard its best just to say that anything goes except going wide on purpose on the back straight, its difficult to keep it entirely on track all the time though obviously if someone was actively driving off track at every corner that would have to be looked into.

I think generally the two wheels at all times rule should be ok.

Eh, 10 minute races now? I don't think I'll be competing the full distance ever again now because even as it was with 5 minute races it ended up at 2 in the morning here and thats pretty much the limit. If the races are run without breaks, I'll be fine but otherwise I won't be able to race all of the races.
Also, I will probably only turn up to the first couple of the races if its held on the 17th, as I have my final exam the next morning.

Last edited:
I could change the 10min race to 5min. that if everyone fell that 10min races are too long.

I also added my own logo to first post.

Last edited:
why not change to Saturday? I myself unfortunately won't be able to attend if it's Sunday 23:00gmt this time here will be monday 7 am ! Maybe Saturday 22:00 gmt or 23:00 gmt would be great! Or even Sunday Morning GMT! Maybe you can send PSN messages to each participant Jason asking if they could make Saturday! Pietr told me he had to leave because it was too late almost 3 am something!

I'll be a little less reliable for Saturdays, the best times for me are late nights in the weekdays or Sunday, I'm not bothered about missing this one round, as its my final exam and after that I shouldn't have any more problems.

HI guys, dont worry if i'm not racing at normal pace, i have to wear a heart monitor to test my heart rate, doctors orders. Dont worry i'm fine

Latest Posts

Back