[February 10, 2013] theRealMeyer's Gallery: Some planes and a DB9

Sorry again. :indiff: I like a lot of things in this update. I love the FT-86's colour (mine is the same colour, :lol:) Shots two four and five are excellent too. Neat update, 👍 :drool:

Alright guys, I must excuse myself for the long-as-🤬 break but I am back with a small but important update.

I have started editing my pictures to some extent, as you will notice in this update. Since I am new to editing Photomode pictures (I usually edit pictures taken by real cameras :D) I would love to read criticism of any kind.
Please help me out to improve the quality of my pictures.

So, let's see some pics! (I strongly recommend viewing them full-size.)

R8 @ Madrid

I would also like you to tell me which one of the following pictures you like better:

The dark one:

or the brighter one:

That's all for now.

One more thing: If you would like me to edit an older set of pictures, please post which one it'd be and I'll see what I can do.

See you around,

theRealMeyer

Last edited:
Lighting is a bit harsh in this set. Not really your fault, I have difficulty shooting at Madrid also. I like the angles in the 1st and 4th one. 👍

For the last one, the front of the car is chopped off and I think that weakens the image. My eyes are going back and forth from the vanishing point and the car. I wonder what this shot would look like if the car was cropped out completely?

I think the darker one with the proper exposure on the buildings would be better if it's not about the car. The brighter one brings focus back to the car, but it is already "leaving" the frame.

Hope that helps, 👍

Usually I don't like the idea of throwing part of the car out of the shot for almost no reason. But you pulled it off without making it look silly. Very well done, mate. 👍 :drool:

Hey thanks guys! 👍
And Danke for the criticism 20832, will keep that in mind next time.

I'll try and kick out another update this weekend.

Nice pictures, but a bit too much noise.
Pay attention to that next time, and your picture going to be superb! 👍 :)

I agree with 20832. There is a little too much noise. But the pictures are still very good. Don't get too discouraged if no one visits your gallery, I know what it feels like, people will come. :)

~Turtle
turtle.gif

Thanks you guys, I kind of have an idea why it's that noisy... compression. 🤬

Actually I only added a slight bit of grain, but due to the compression (which does not handle grain well at all...) it got silly.

Well, I'll either bump the JPEG quality up to 100 next time or just leave out some of that grain. Or I'll finally learn how to partially add grain in GIMP.

See you around,

theRealMeyer

EDIT: Did anyone of you guys invite me to post this photo to some group on flickr? Because that just happened... The group is car-related, but thus far there are only photos of real cars in there... Maybe I should take this as a compliment..? :sly:

Last edited:
Okay guys, just one pic today. Please tell me what you think about it.

This is from a fun race me and my mate had online with these Z ACTs, they are slow as hell and you'll be damned for shifting gears, but they allow for some fierce drafting duels on the straights.
Anyway, for this one I used a different editing style to make it look kind of retro (warm color temperature, some grain, blur, supernova effects for the headlights, lens flare).

Here you go:

Again, please comment and tell me what you think about this style. I have a couple more from this race ready so if you like them I'll put up the other ones edited in a similar fashion.

See you around,

theRealMeyer

Great tones, some are overexposed, not too much of a fan of this.
Picture 1 and 6 are definetly spot on. Nice brightness/saturation, angles are okay.

For the Z ACT Picture: Nice vintage feel. Good use of the lens flare.
Definetly a nice random pic! :)

Great tones, some are overexposed, not too much of a fan of this.
Picture 1 and 6 are definetly spot on. Nice brightness/saturation, angles are okay.

For the Z ACT Picture: Nice vintage feel. Good use of the lens flare.
Definetly a nice random pic! :)

Hey thanks 20832. 👍

The Aston Martin update needs more contrast. But you've got the hang of it for the Mitsubishi update, which I'm liking very much. 👍

Latest Posts

Back