February DLC

• Thread starter FosterG
  • 211 comments
:odd: Quite an idiot decision of T10; reselling cars people already had/ bought less than 2 years ago. Even more if you already have a bad rep. for squeezing dollars out of your customers...

A very "meh" pack. A T10 spokesperson on the official forums hinted at additional DLC coming in February. My guess is on the free Honda Civic, which doesn't really do much for me.

I know this seems petty, but it irritates me seeing forum posts on their site and YouTube comments that support this pack; they say the cars are totally new 'because they've been remodelled and have new physics hurr durr'.

Updating the visuals of a car is NOT new content. At all.

:odd: Quite an idiot decision of T10; reselling cars people already had/ bought less than 2 years ago. Even more if you already have a bad rep. for squeezing dollars out of your customers...

I dont get you people. they had to remodel these cars inside and out. Remember the interior detail i fm4 is nothing compared to fm5.

Man im glad the Mc12 is back. Awesome pack.

@King1982 - Except I'm willing to bet money at least some of these weren't remodelled at all (the Alfa 33, for example). Chances are they just had a higher-quality version from when they first modeled it; I refuse to believe T10 are that short-sighted.

'because they've been remodelled and have new physics hurr durr'.

To be fair, that reasoning ("new physics hurr durr") has been used in defense of other games' recycled content, too.

...which doesn't make this any better, of course. Really glad I'm sitting out; maybe when I do finally get a One, there'll be some super-cheap megapack to add all these to the vanilla game. Because as of right now, it's nothing but warmed-over FM4 content.

I'm sure people understand that King, however most people had just finished paying for some of these cars as DLC in FM4, and now they are being asked to pay for them again which is bananas. Yes they are completely remodeled, but it's still just an updated version of a car people have already paid for.

What they should do is add in remodeled cars that were in previous FM games as free updates, and only charge when BRAND NEW cars are introduced as DLC. I'm almost positive everyone would agree with this, except for profit hungry animals.

Again this is all optional, no one has to buy anything. I'm satisfied with having waited this one out, and I will look forward to getting FM6 soon enough.

I dont get you people. they had to remodel these cars inside and out. Remember the interior detail i fm4 is nothing compared to fm5.

Man im glad the Mc12 is back. Awesome pack.

I know this seems petty, but it irritates me seeing forum posts on their site and YouTube comments that support this pack; they say the cars are totally new 'because they've been remodelled and have new physics hurr durr'.

It irritates me that some people still complain about this when you have carmodels that will last at least 2 gens. They are future proofing. What do you think GT7 will look like? You think they will keep all those standards?

You sir, have no idea what it takes to make these 3d models. You cant just retrace the existing meshes from Fm4, they are not accurate. Simple, they have do re do it and optimize it for Xbone.

@King1982 - Except I'm willing to bet money at least some of these weren't remodelled at all (the Alfa 33, for example). Chances are they just had a higher-quality version from when they first modeled it; I refuse to believe T10 are that short-sighted.

To be fair, that reasoning ("new physics hurr durr") has been used in defense of other games' recycled content, too.

...which doesn't make this any better, of course. Really glad I'm sitting out; maybe when I do finally get a One, there'll be some super-cheap megapack to add all these to the vanilla game. Because as of right now, it's nothing but warmed-over FM4 content.

+1

This whole thing about all the cars being redone is rubbish anyway; the R32 Skyline's headlights are still way too bulgy, the '95 MR2 is still out of proportion, the Challenger SRT8's door handles are still wrong. I know this seems like nitpicking, but for a game that prides itself on being totally rebuilt and having the minute details nailed, it's just not on.

It irritates me that some people still complain about this when you have carmodels that will last at least 2 gens. They are future proofing. What do you think GT7 will look like? You think they will keep all those standards?

You sir, have no idea what it takes to make these 3d models. You cant just retrace the existing meshes from Fm4, they are not accurate. Simple, they have do re do it and optimize it for Xbone.

As explained in the above response, they aren't remodelled entirely; if they were, they wouldn't have the same issues as the Forza 4 models, nor the paint glitches.

I don't know what GT7 will do, but that isn't really the focus right now.

They are future proofing.

Really? So you think they'll never have to update these?

The concept of "future proofing" is a flawed one from the start. There will always be changes; we're just increasingly getting to the point of diminishing returns - hell, some will argue we're already there. And this ignores what I already said; that it's very likely T10 already had higher-quality versions of the models in the game.

You sir, have no idea what it takes to make these 3d models.

Please, teach us.

You cant just retrace the existing meshes from Fm4, they are not accurate. Simple, they have do re do it and optimize it for Xbone.

Just so we're clear, you're now saying the FM4 models aren't accurate, in general? I'm curious.

I'm sure people understand that King, however most people had just finished paying for some of these cars as DLC in FM4, and now they are being asked to pay for them again which is bananas. Yes they are completely remodeled, but it's still just an updated version of a car people have already paid for.

What they should do is add in remodeled cars that were in previous FM games as free updates, and only charge when BRAND NEW cars are introduced as DLC. I'm almost positive everyone would agree with this, except for profit hungry animals.

Again this is all optional, no one has to buy anything. I'm satisfied with having waited this one out, and I will look forward to getting FM6 soon enough.

So you expect them to remodel 500 new cars in ad out In ForzaVista spec with millions of polygons and hundreds of man hours for free?

@SlipZtrEm has a good point there, and even if they had to remodel from 0, for me the difference with what i already had in FM4 would be a windshield and extra interior details. So not something that feels very fresh and appealing and makes me wanna open my wallet again I'm sure you can understand.

So you expect them to remodel 500 new cars in ad out In ForzaVista spec with millions of polygons and hundreds of man hours for free?
That's basically the thing here; you are paying to have a ForzaVista version of the car you had in FM4. If that excites you enough to pay an extra 10 bucks for it that's fine, but for me i would rather not pay extra for that.

To be honest the FM4 version already looked pretty 👍

But they aren't remodeling 500 cars inside and out for free, just the ones they choose to re-sell as DLC, see the difference? And, it wouldn't make T10 look any worse to say to the Forza public who have supported the series from FM1 to show a bit of gratitude and say (not literally) "hey, we know how you all feel that this game is lacking in content, so here are revamped next gen cars from our previous series as a free update." Would you yourself actually oppose free content?

Listen, I know there is more to it than that, I was just saying the community would definitely not be against this, and it would be a nice gesture on T10's part. Again, its a hypothetical, and all DLC is optional.

Wait - the Z isn't in the vanilla game?

Urgh. Not even pretty enough to bother about... the 33 on the other hand...

Yes I'm shallow like that

Hang on a second, you're now claiming the models in FM4 weren't accurate?

Let me break something down for you right here and now:

Lamborghini Reventon: Wrong color (granted that's easily fixed so it's hardly an actual gripe) and the driver's seating positioning is off. A problem not present in FM4.
Lamborghini Reventon: The air brake is still non-functional.
Hyundai Veloster: Absolutely lacking the same full-on Auto/Forzavista experience found in 4.

And I'll just end it right there as to be quite honest I haven't made a list of everything; the examples above just happened to come to mind. So, tell me again, what is there that we should be so head-over-heels in love with when everything that's been supposedly improved from 4 is now fundamentally flawed in several ways?

...And I haven't even begun to mention the fact that several cars lack body upgrades found in 3 and 4.

Back