Feel of driving in GT5(P) vs. Previous GTs

  • Thread starter Thread starter Leadfoot53
  • 99 comments
  • 9,929 views
What is "fear"? Something that makes you slow?

I think it's very clear from the context that it means you wouldn't drive as insane as some people do in GT unless you have a death wish. Whether or not that's faster than a controlled driver driving the perfect line is another matter.
 
Good for you, but I'm still right.

You should read your own quote...

If GT5 will have different physics than GT5P then it will be totally realistic or it will suck, comparatively. I love GT5P's feeling of grip, or lack of grip. The NSX around HSR on S1's is a blast! you can powerslide around every turn with complete control of the front and rear end. Too bad S tires arent competitive at any other track, except Daytona Road, and we havent seen Daytona Road in a long time (minus the crap 600pp AWD event.)
 
You should read your own quote...

If GT5 will have different physics than GT5P then it will be totally realistic or it will suck, comparatively. I love GT5P's feeling of grip, or lack of grip. The NSX around HSR on S1's is a blast! you can powerslide around every turn with complete control of the front and rear end. Too bad S tires arent competitive at any other track, except Daytona Road, and we havent seen Daytona Road in a long time (minus the crap 600pp AWD event.)

GT5P isn't realistic. It's better than GT4 by some margin, but it still has a way to go. I'm expecting GT5 to be much closer to the mark.

PS - I don't have to re-read something I wrote. I'm STILL right, if that helps you out at all.
 
The TGS demo supposly have better physics over Prologue , most gaming websites stated so when they play the demo.. On every interview, KAZ mentions that there will be a new PHYSICS as well.. So I expect more simulation physics, i am happy about it. Not to mention new damage physics with real time deformation and internal damage plus rollover.. what else do we want with physics?

Man if you're talking about the demo that was available to Japan before we even got GT5p, it would explain a lot that has been tripping me up lately.

Now I really enjoyed GT5p to its fullest for months. I'm all for realism, and I love to race with the In-car view or the hood view, like a true professional experiences in a race, but I also love to alternate between all the cameras when I race. It's just a feature you can't do in real life which gives a game an advantage over reality while still experiencing a real driving experience.

Let me get to my point now. The 3rd person camera in Prologue is just terrible to me. You know the view that lets you see your whole car. My god, talk about stiffness like no other car game I have played. And the cars look so little on the screen. If I'm going to be looking at the entire body of those beautiful high polygon rendered models that PD's gifted modelers can put out, then I want my car right up on the screen with camera raised high up like PGR4.

Now PGR4 has nothing on GT, but it's 3rd person camera was a hell of a lot better. What I'm getting at is that demo footage of prologue in 3rd person looked as though it had much better camera angle and car movement.

PGR4:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_qGtGl4NFC8s/RxD2yHNppJI/AAAAAAAAHrg/dH_qCaXByiE/s1600/07.jpg

GT5p:

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2008/071/942026_20080312_screen039.jpg

Now people may not see this as an important issue, but at least have more than one car view cam than just. All I need to see is the track and my car and enough space to see cars, but not the whole scenery. That seems more important in GT than the car. And better driving in this cam.

I don't like the handling in 3rd person because it feels like I'm driving in 2 dimensions, but I must admit that in-car view feels awesome setting aside some minor flaws in physics that will be fixed. I have seen the latest gameplay footage, and the cars actually turn now when viewing from the outside. Sorry for this redundant rant. lol
 
Last edited:
Now PGR4 has nothing on GT, but it's 3rd person camera was a hell of a lot better. What I'm getting at is that demo footage of prologue in 3rd person looked as though it had much better camera angle and car movement.

PGR4:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_qGtGl4NFC8s/RxD2yHNppJI/AAAAAAAAHrg/dH_qCaXByiE/s1600/07.jpg

GT5p:

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2008/071/942026_20080312_screen039.jpg

I agree man PGR's view is sooo much better, if GT5 had that view it would compliment the detail on the cars so much more.
 
I,ve driven both, but I don't see that much difference once you adjust to the perspective.

The PGR4 being closer has a little more driving feel, but the perspective on GT makes it a little easier to drive, I think.




GT4 was definitely an improvement over GT3, and GT5P felt like a more refined GT4.

As far as most console racing games I've played go, I believe GT5P is the most realistic.
 
Last edited:
The view in GT5P has the advantage because you can see which cars are by the side of you, & also it's better to see more of the track as you need a sense of where you are whilst driving.
 
Back