Ferrari 488 Pista 2019

• Thread starter Castrol96
  • 164 comments
rPanPISRonUBzEy-1600x900-noPad.jpg
Can't unsee. Why would you do this!?

So this is the ultimate evolution of the 458 before the next model with no part commonalities comes out. The rear looks suspiciously similar to the Speciale too.

Anyways, I like it a lot and it improves upon the GTB by so much.

Are those grab-handles above the exhausts for Marty McFly skateboarding opportunities?

As others said above, it means 488 Track. I don’t think you could pick a more fitting name.

Oh I dunno... naming it "track" is kinda like naming it "The Ferrari". They should just call it "car" and get it over with.

Check out Ferrari's new 488 Vehicle. Soon to be replaced by the "Special" version. Ferrari soon to release their "65165767 Motor Vehicle Special Track Version".

Eh, I don't mind Pista at all. It's not Ferrari the Ferrari (or Ferrari Enzo Ferrari) levels of stupid, and at least someone is still sticking to actual names. I say that, acknowledging the irony that the company's cars are typically numbers.

Saying "four eight eight pee-stah" out loud doesn't seem any sillier than "four thir-tee scoo-dur-ee-ah" or "lam-bore-gee-nee hurr-ah-can per-for-mahn-tay".

Any chance this car will make it to the February update for GT Sport?

upload_2018-2-20_11-25-17.png

You're asking if a car that hasn't even officially been revealed yet (and like won't be until Geneva-ish) will show up in an as-yet-unconfirmed February update for a game that has the '09 base 458 as the newest of the breed?

I'd say the chances are very, very slim. It's far more likely that the Pista shows up in another franchise or two first, IMO.

Am I the only one who's reminded of the Fittipaldi EF7 VGT car when I see this?
No, I was going to mention it in the S-duct section of the article :lol:

Incidentally, the 488 Track follows on from such wonderful names as the 458 Special, the 430 Stable, and the 360 Challenge Road.

Still, it's no worse than the The Ferrari Open, or the 599 Big Journey Same.

Oh I dunno... naming it "track" is kinda like naming it "The Ferrari". They should just call it "car" and get it over with.

Check out Ferrari's new 488 Vehicle. Soon to be replaced by the "Special" version. Ferrari soon to release their "65165767 Motor Vehicle Special Track Version".
You’re making more of a silly observation than necessary.

Name’s fine. They’ve had worse.

mansory-ferrari-4xx-siracusa-spider.jpg

Blech. Every journo out there's going to rave about it I'm sure but it's an absolute mess to look at.
I'm kinda with you there. There is a lot going on, but the Mansory and Nimrod deserve a deep circle in hell.

I would't mind a Pininfarina design on a Ferrari once again.

Back