Ferrari 488 Pista 2019

• Thread starter Castrol96
  • 164 comments
It looks better than the 458 Speciale but thats no surprise (i also thought that the 488 GTB looked better than the 458 Italia). If i would have the money i'd still get the Speciale. You can't beat NA V8 mid engine Ferrari sounds wise. I bet the Pista will be insane on track and a super driveable car on the road, but the emotion for me lies with the Speciale.
It saddens me to see the NA supercar engines going away :(
Stupid regulations

Meanwhile, Aston Martin, when naming their AM-RB 001 prototype (now Valkyrie), went through every language it could to assure it's name won't sound ridiculous.
Aston Martin: "I sure hope this name doesn't sound ridiculous...that would be terrible."

Ferrari: "Let's call it 'Track' in our native tongue."

I would prefer the Speciale as a car because of the NA engine. But looks wise i think the Pista nails it.
One thing that bothers me with Ferrari in general, and the Pista has the same problem: The wheels should stand out a bit more from under the fender. They seem too far inside.

That jet-like sound is truly something else. I dont like the sound of turbo charged cars at all, but with this i could fall in love. It bringst the extra spice needed. You guys think they will go for the record set by the GT2 RS?

That jet-like sound is truly something else. I dont like the sound of turbo charged cars at all, but with this i could fall in love. It bringst the extra spice needed. You guys think they will go for the record set by the GT2 RS?

Aside from the 599XX, Ferrari has never been interested in chasing Nordschleife records. The only records that matter to them are at their Fiorano circuit.

Doesn’t seem surprising. 2-3 seconds is starting to look the norm with all these fancy launch control systems now a days.

Doesn’t seem surprising. 2-3 seconds is starting to look the norm with all these fancy launch control systems now a days.

Law of diminishing returns. 0-100 (0-62mph) in 2.26 in a 700hp RWD road car seems EXTREMELY unlikely.

Law of diminishing returns. 0-100 (0-62mph) in 2.26 in a 700hp RWD road car seems EXTREMELY unlikely.
A 755Hp ZR1 does that in 2.85 seconds which is what Ferrari says the car should do, with a launch control likely more advanced than the ZR1’s.

You say it’s extremely unlikely but if the data logger is legit, then that would be video evidence of it doing just that. Have to wait and see, ignoring that I said it doesn’t seem surprising given the norm is becoming 2 to 3 seconds.

A 755Hp ZR1 does that in 2.85 seconds which is what Ferrari says the car should do, with a launch control likely more advanced than the ZR1’s.

You say it’s extremely unlikely but if the data logger is legit, then that would be video evidence of it doing just that. Have to wait and see, ignoring that I said it doesn’t seem surprising given the norm is becoming 2 to 3 seconds.

Again, diminishing returns. Going from 2.85 to 2.26 is much harder than, say, going from 5.0 to 3.5. The evidence is tough to judge. It could be sped up, it could be from a boosted press car, we don't know. As it stands, I don't believe it.

Thinking about it, the 2.2 second time might be real.

For one, its main competitor, the 720S, has been timed at 2.5 seconds. It’s well known that the 720S makes more power than what McLaren claimed, so it’s possible that Ferrari have done the same for this one.

Secondly, the launch control. It sounds like it’s using some kind of anti-lag, instead of holding the revs at a specific point to let boost build up. So, it’s probably making as much power as it can when it does launch. Power bands, and such.

But still, part of me thinks it’s just Ferrari being Ferrari and giving their press cars absurd amounts of power compared to the customer cars.

Again, diminishing returns. Going from 2.85 to 2.26 is much harder than, say, going from 5.0 to 3.5. The evidence is tough to judge. It could be sped up, it could be from a boosted press car, we don't know. As it stands, I don't believe it.
I never said it wasn’t. Again, I only said it wouldn’t be surprising because the 2-3 range is becoming the norm. 2.26 or 2.85 doesn’t really matter to me, it’s still in a range I would expect it to alongside its competitors.

The evidence is only tough to judge because of what’s shown; that’s why I said if the data logger is legit, then there’s the evidence there. I have yet to claim it’s a verified time of any sort.

Dealers have lists for an Aperta version for the next couple years alongside a Pilota version. Pilota is only available to those in the XX Programme and said to be a Pista with a new, unique livery and some tweaks.

Back