Ferrari Enzo Drag Tune...

• Thread starter DoggyB22
  • 94 comments
DoggyB22
Can anyone give me a good Enzo tune for drag racing? Right now I'm topping out at 244ish at the end of the tunnel in special state route 7.... Willing to trade a car for a "good" tune. Send me a PM if you wanna keep it secret. Thanks! 👍

i have gotten the enzo over 251 in the tunnel

but i have noticed that sometimes the top speed isnt as important as how fast you get to the top speed

if you can get to 247 quicker then another that leaves the tunnel at 250, the guy with the slower mph can still win

seems like mid range(gears 3 - 4 - 5) is whats important and a long launching gear, usually 2nd

Its drag racing, its easy to tune which means your lazy. I bet the car you are willing to give wouldnt be that good anyways.

I just lmao... OK bud sorry I'm not able to spend all my free time on figuring out the perfect tune for an Enzo GTFO. Veyron.......... haha 👎 Oh & I would let you pick whatever car you want from my garage wtf. I'm not some person who screws over other people. You help me I help you out....

i have gotten the enzo over 251 in the tunnel

but i have noticed that sometimes the top speed isnt as important as how fast you get to the top speed

if you can get to 247 quicker then another that leaves the tunnel at 250, the guy with the slower mph can still win

seems like mid range(gears 3 - 4 - 5) is whats important and a long launching gear, usually 2nd

Thank you for the positive response... Some ****in people on here got sticks up their asses seriously. Yea I launch hella quick from 2nd compared to another guy who I race against. But right when I get into 6th hes already slowly reeling me in & is already in 6th. I feel like my 4th & 5th gears might need to be tuned a little bit

Last edited:
I just lmao... OK bud sorry I'm not able to spend all my free time on figuring out the perfect tune for an Enzo GTFO. Veyron.......... haha 👎 Oh & I would let you pick whatever car you want from my garage wtf. I'm not some person who screws over other people. You help me I help you out....

Thank you for the positive response... Some ****in people on here got sticks up their asses seriously. Yea I launch hella quick from 2nd compared to another guy who I race against. But right when I get into 6th hes already slowly reeling me in & is already in 6th. I feel like my 4th & 5th gears might need to be tuned a little bit

Go buy NHRA for your PC. They have multiple tracks,timing system and all kinds of cars and tunes.Or an older version of GT that has support for drag racing.This game does not support Drag racing at all, so why would you ask for something that does not exist? Ready, when you finish reading this go buy NHRA.

tune gears 3-5

its funny, you think you have a good tune beating a few people then you lose to someone... and you tune all over again lol

it keeps me interested in the game

Go buy NHRA for your PC. They have multiple tracks,timing system and all kinds of cars and tunes.Or an older version of GT that has support for drag racing.This game does not support Drag racing at all, so why would you ask for something that does not exist? Ready, when you finish reading this go buy NHRA.

Shh! There's plenty of people that drag race in GT5 and we can play the game how we want.

what track do you prefer to do the 1/4?
Monza (no Chicanes), start at the finish line when coming out the pits and turn back left and you will see the line, and go till the over hang (shadow line)... I also like Monza because the lanes are thin and we only run 2 at a time. Fuji GT is good also...

WTF.... Um guess you never played online? Pretty much half the people are doing drag races? Yet another person with a stick up their ass...

tune gears 3-5

its funny, you think you have a good tune beating a few people then you lose to someone... and you tune all over again lol
it keeps me interested in the game

Lol yep exactly!

Monza (no Chicanes), start at the finish line when coming out the pits and turn back left and you will see the line, and go till the over hang (shadow line)... I also like Monza because the lanes are thin and we only run 2 at a time. Fuji GT is good also...

Those are some of my favorites also. Don't have to drive around the whole track you got your straight & pits right there!

Even though drag racing is a total waste of time on GT5 the tuning is very easy. make the rear soft and higher than the front to allow absorbtion of weight transfer. If its too stiff it will just spin instead of "pillow" the road. Its why dragster ride wheelies. After that the Tranny needs to be ranged to keep the needle in the range of its MAX HP and Torque not just HP. If you can accomplish this then youll dominate. Like I said drag racing takes no skill what so ever but I do wish GT5 people would do what all other GT's had and add the 400m and the 1000m to make real drag racing possible. Going on time or headlight flickers is Need for Speed ******** not racing simulation

Even though drag racing is a total waste of time on GT5 the tuning is very easy. make the rear soft and higher than the front to allow absorbtion of weight transfer. If its too stiff it will just spin instead of "pillow" the road. Its why dragster ride wheelies. After that the Tranny needs to be ranged to keep the needle in the range of its MAX HP and Torque not just HP. If you can accomplish this then youll dominate. Like I said drag racing takes no skill what so ever but I do wish GT5 people would do what all other GT's had and add the 400m and the 1000m to make real drag racing possible. Going on time or headlight flickers is Need for Speed ******** not racing simulation

Although the idea is easy, ratios can be very difficult to get to that unbeatable stage. There's a lot of testing and tuning and many times going backwards to achieve the best gears. Gear is very frustrating when you're fighting against people trying to go just as fast as you. You need something accelerates hard, yet allows for maximum top speed.

Although the idea is easy, ratios can be very difficult to get to that unbeatable stage. There's a lot of testing and tuning and many times going backwards to achieve the best gears. Gear is very frustrating when you're fighting against people trying to go just as fast as you. You need something accelerates hard, yet allows for maximum top speed.

Wow all that for what 8 seconds maybe 10.Yeah thats why it's called The Real Driving Simulator.

Personally I don't think its a waste of time... I mean some of the tracks that are in GT5 are a COMPLETE waste of time racing around in. So people use them as drag strips hence the Special Stage Route 7. I mean have you actually driven around that in a race? Its ****ing boring.... So it can go both ways. But +1 on having real drag strips in the game.

Wow all that for what 8 seconds maybe 10.Yeah thats why it's called The Real Driving Simulator.

Seriously bro.... :banghead: No its actually called "the real driving simulator" in comparison to other DRIVING games. It has nothing to do with drag racing & driving around a track is any better then driving in a straight line. I mean have ANY OF YOU actually driven a fast car down the 1/4 mile? I highly doubt it. Here you are talking **** about drag racing when you've probably never done it in real life. I would LOVE to see any of you drive a 8-9 sec car down the 1320 & actually see how hard it is.... For you guys to call it "easy" is a joke. Yea maybe its somewhat easy in the game? Like mentioned you still gotta change your gear ratios & do some test/tuning to figure the best ratio out but please don't talk **** about something you've probably never done in real life & know nothing about. Of course I'm not saying drag racing is harder then other types of racing but by all means it isn't easy.

Last edited:
It isnt easy to tune a good drag tune, just as in circuit racing, you have to work with the suspension, transmission, differantial, etc, etc. Of course if the other person has good reaction he will gain on the acceleration, but suppose you launch exactly on the same time, then the tuning will matter.

It isnt easy to tune a good drag tune, just as in circuit racing, you have to work with the suspension, transmission, differantial, etc, etc. Of course if the other person has good reaction he will gain on the acceleration, but suppose you launch exactly on the same time, then the tuning will matter.

My point exactly.... 👍 For example with my Enzo against my friends Enzo. I launched like a bat out of hell on him but once I got into the top of my 5th gear & shifting into 6th he had reeled me in at the end of the tunnel.

For the people who said its pointless or easy to drag race in GT5 I challenge you to race me or just go in some drag race online & see how you do.... If you can beat everyone then ill admit your right. I'm not talking about racing with some pos Gayron or an X1. I'm talking about using the same cars against each other & seeing who comes out victorious. Then your see it all comes down to tuning it right. Hell Ill even give you a car if you can beat me.... :sly:

My point exactly.... 👍 For example with my Enzo against my friends Enzo. I launched like a bat out of hell on him but once I got into the top of my 5th gear & shifting into 6th he had reeled me in at the end of the tunnel.

For the people who said its pointless or easy to drag race in GT5 I challenge you to race me or just go in some drag race online & see how you do.... If you can beat everyone then ill admit your right. I'm not talking about racing with some pos Gayron or an X1. I'm talking about using the same cars against each other & seeing who comes out victorious. Then your see it all comes down to tuning it right. Hell Ill even give you a car if you can beat me.... :sly:

I'll tell you what, I'll race you on whatever pretend 1/4 mile drag strip you want.Then you will race me on a official race track, Mazda Raceway Laguna in the same car 2 laps.We will both use a 70 Chevelle SS and yes I own a 71 454 SS with 850 HP in real life, good luck.Do ya think I can tune it to do a 10:79 like it does at Cayuga a real life quarter mile track?Are you up for it?If you don't own one I'll send it to you.

Last edited:
Personally I don't think its a waste of time... I mean some of the tracks that are in GT5 are a COMPLETE waste of time racing around in. So people use them as drag strips hence the Special Stage Route 7. I mean have you actually driven around that in a race? Its ****ing boring.... So it can go both ways. But +1 on having real drag strips in the game.

Seriously bro.... :banghead: No its actually called "the real driving simulator" in comparison to other DRIVING games. It has nothing to do with drag racing & driving around a track is any better then driving in a straight line. I mean have ANY OF YOU actually driven a fast car down the 1/4 mile? I highly doubt it. Here you are talking **** about drag racing when you've probably never done it in real life. I would LOVE to see any of you drive a 8-9 sec car down the 1320 & actually see how hard it is.... For you guys to call it "easy" is a joke. Yea maybe its somewhat easy in the game? Like mentioned you still gotta change your gear ratios & do some test/tuning to figure the best ratio out but please don't talk **** about something you've probably never done in real life & know nothing about. Of course I'm not saying drag racing is harder then other types of racing but by all means it isn't easy.

Have any of us raced a real car/vehicle.Does a 1971 Chevelle SS 454 with 850 HP qualify, or an 800 HP Super Modified dirt track car,how about a CanAM 250 dirt bike in supercross,or maybe a GSX 750 race bike.Having driven them all and I forgot my Bass boat/jetski, I would say that yeah drag racing is pretty much brain dead simple. Lets see,line lock on,burn out.Back it up, get in the timing lights and hit the damn gas when the "LIGHT GOES GREEN" (something not in this game) and shift one,two,three.What is so hard about that.Ooops got her sideways,shut her down and roll her on the trailer.There is no technical skill that a trained monkey could not do on a drag strip with a 9 sec car.There is no turning,1,2,3 shifts and braking is pretty simple unless you loose them.Have you not watched an episode of Pinks.Every toothless wannabe that should be in the stands swillin beer and spittin chew is racin up a storm Billybob.:)

Have any of us raced a real car/vehicle.Dude I have probably did a couple thousand miles before you were born.Does a 1971 Chevelle SS 454 with 850 HP qualify, or an 800 HP Super Modified dirt track car,how about a CanAM 250 dirt bike in supercross,or maybe a GSX 750 race bike.Having driven them all and I forgot my Bass boat/jetski, I would say that yeah drag racing is pretty much brain dead simple. Lets see,line lock on,burn out.Back it up, get in the timing lights and hit the damn gas when the "LIGHT GOES GREEN" (something not in this game) and shift one,two,three.What is so hard about that.Ooops got her sideways,shut her down and roll her on the trailer.There is no technical skill that a trained monkey could not do on a drag strip with a 9 sec car.There is no turning,1,2,3 shifts and braking is pretty simple unless you loose them.Have you not watched an episode of Pinks.Every toothless wannabe that should be in the stands swillin beer and spittin chew is racin up a storm Billybob.:)

Did you really just reply to everything I just said in 3 separate posts & say the EXACT same **** in each post? In case no one else got it hes got a 1971 Chevelle 454 SS with 850 hp, a 800 hp dirt track car, & a canam dirt bike, oh & a GSX race bike. LMAO..... So a monkey could just get into a 9 sec car & drive it WOT down the 1320? I HIGHLY doubt that bro. If you take a normal person off the street & throw them in a dragster I guarantee there freak out or crash it. Like I already said drag racing is just as hard as other types of racing. Of course if you've been doing it for years its going to be easier. Its just like that for pretty much anything. But if you just put a person who has never driven a 9 sec car there going to have some problems. & PLEASE show me these so call cars you own....

I agree completely, launching a drag car isnt easy when your turning tires are trying to not touch ;)

And honestly just set your lsd to 30/60/5 or something of the like so it locks up instantly, BTW my SLR Mclaren hits 251 MPH.

I agree completely, launching a drag car isnt easy when your turning tires are trying to not touch ;)

And honestly just set your lsd to 30/60/5 or something of the like so it locks up instantly, BTW my SLR Mclaren hits 251 MPH.

Haha 👍 were friends online right? We should do some tunnel races.... & I would love to see how you people who think drag racing is easy handle these cars.. & I'm sure these cars were easy to build & get dialed in right?

Yea pretty easy huh?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_XkBv_zt1w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHBSCZJsq-Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Jb81Eepum4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NxrIVPuKRQ&feature=related

Back