Ferrari Enzo Drag Tune...

• Thread starter DoggyB22
  • 94 comments
Have any of us raced a real car/vehicle.Does a 1971 Chevelle SS 454 with 850 HP qualify, or an 800 HP Super Modified dirt track car,how about a CanAM 250 dirt bike in supercross,or maybe a GSX 750 race bike.Having driven them all and I forgot my Bass boat/jetski, I would say that yeah drag racing is pretty much brain dead simple. Lets see,line lock on,burn out.Back it up, get in the timing lights and hit the damn gas when the "LIGHT GOES GREEN" (something not in this game) and shift one,two,three.What is so hard about that.Ooops got her sideways,shut her down and roll her on the trailer.There is no technical skill that a trained monkey could not do on a drag strip with a 9 sec car.There is no turning,1,2,3 shifts and braking is pretty simple unless you loose them.Have you not watched an episode of Pinks.Every toothless wannabe that should be in the stands swillin beer and spittin chew is racin up a storm Billybob.:)
The fact you referred Pinks as some kind of source says enough that you don't have anywhere near as much knowledge on drag racing as you think you do.

I'm just reading this thread and it's a train wreck from start to finish.

@Killerjimbag - If you think that Drag Racing is so easy, why the hell aren't you breaking world records?? That's right, because your car is tuned by some guy that isn't worth mentioning. Only 850hp from a 454?? Only getting 10's on the 1/4 mile?? Geez, that's pretty pathetic for something that has 7.4L of capacity, only just getting over the 100hp/litre mark. Maybe you should go see some real mechanics because quite a few people are going quicker than that with only a 1.3L N/A motor.

Don't believe me?? Watch and learn, check the RX3 at 1:00 and know that your car is slow.

From a real drag racer (owner of a 1JZ-GTE powered Cressida) who loves his drag racing in Gran Turismo.

The fact you referred Pinks as some kind of source says enough that you don't have anywhere near as much knowledge on drag racing as you think you do.

I LMAO when I read that.... When he mentioned all these high HP cars that he owns & the fact that hes got a lot more vehicles then an average person kind of threw up a red flag. Unless he can prove it? 👎

@ The guy with all the hot cars and what not.

Proof or it didnt happen!

@ The guy with all the hot cars and what not.

Proof or it didnt happen!

As whoever has ever played WoW knows, that means SS or GTFO.

Anyways, yes you probably did have me online maybe not anymore though, I deleted a lot of people due to already trading and not talking anymore.

Id totally be down though! Would love to do some high speed runs with my SLR. PM me and Ill add you up.

I'm just reading this thread and it's a train wreck from start to finish.

@Killerjimbag - If you think that Drag Racing is so easy, why the hell aren't you breaking world records?? That's right, because your car is tuned by some guy that isn't worth mentioning. Only 850hp from a 454?? Only getting 10's on the 1/4 mile?? Geez, that's pretty pathetic for something that has 7.4L of capacity, only just getting over the 100hp/litre mark. Maybe you should go see some real mechanics because quite a few people are going quicker than that with only a 1.3L N/A motor.

Don't believe me?? Watch and learn, check the RX3 at 1:00 and know that your car is slow.

From a real drag racer (owner of a 1JZ-GTE powered Cressida) who loves his drag racing in Gran Turismo.

This is not the same guy that ranted a few posts back that it's not in the game,there is no official timing system and you own world records and are an official blah blah blah of GT.Please don't contradict yourself.
Yes I still do own my Chevelle and am not going to totally destroy a car that I can sell for more than your house.As for the other vehicles,yes at one time I did own them and raced them.Now that I am a lot older and have children ( which means the vehicles are all gone except for the boat/jetski and forgot sled) probably the same age as you,the only racing that I would attempt with any means of success would be drag racing.I would probably kill myself attempting to drive any of the other vehicles today.

Last edited:
This is not the same guy that ranted a few posts back that it's not in the game,there is no official timing system and you own world records and are an official blah blah blah of GT.Please don't contradict yourself.
Yes I still do own my Chevelle and am not going to totally destroy a car that I can sell for more than your house.As for the other vehicles,yes at one time I did own them and raced them.Now that I am a lot older and have children ( which means the vehicles are all gone except for the boat/jetski and forgot sled) probably the same age as you,the only racing that I would attempt with any means of success would be drag racing.I would probably kill myself attempting to drive any of the other vehicles today.
You talking much BS here man, it our interest to drag race and try different setups etc. The setups matter even if we havent got a timing sýstem you know why? Its because its street drag in gt5. With a good setup it can make a differance, maybe just a little differance, but still. I think drag racing is a good way to test your cars acceleration and speed against another car. If you want to test your can on another way, then you can do circuit racing. I hope you understand that you can have cars tuned for different things, personly i have both drag cars and circuit racing cars. The setup differs.

Dont brag about your Chevelle and jetskis etc, it doesnt matter, we are speaking of a game now. But you can bring your virtual Chevelle in gt5, and then well see how long you will last. Or even better, bring your Chevelle to the tx2k events in Texas and get destroyed by some Supras, hahaha.

You talking much BS here man, it our interest to drag race and try different setups etc. The setups matter even if we havent got a timing sýstem you know why? Its because its street drag in gt5. With a good setup it can make a differance, maybe just a little differance, but still. I think drag racing is a good way to test your cars acceleration and speed against another car. If you want to test your can on another way, then you can do circuit racing. I hope you understand that you can have cars tuned for different things, personly i have both drag cars and circuit racing cars. The setup differs.

Dont brag about your Chevelle and jetskis etc, it doesnt matter, we are speaking of a game now. But you can bring your virtual Chevelle in gt5, and then well see how long you will last. Or even better, bring your Chevelle to the tx2k events in Texas and get destroyed by some Supras, hahaha.

Well a Supra,woop dee doo.A rice rocket,I'm surprised some shotgun toten,pick-up drivin redneck hasn't shot the tires off it yet.Good ole made in America eh!
Speaking of the game that does not support any aspect of drag racing at all is like comparing the space shuttle to a highschool made rocket project.

Lol. This may be the first time I've ever heard the Supra called a rice rocket. Rocket indeed.

killerjimbag, please see this thread: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=4970377#post4970377

So what have you done to your Chevelle to make an unbelievable (/sarcasm) 850hp? Parts list, dyno sheet, pictures?

By the way a K24 swapped 06+ Civic with drag radials can run 12s with 300hp...Sounds like you need to learn how to drive, or do more research for what a fast time is to go with your stories. Too much Fast and the Furious making you think a 10 second car is the fastest thing evar?

Wait, in what parallel universe does a Chevelle cost more than a house? Unless you're assuming mafia_boy lives in a trailer home...which (unless he cares to prove otherwise) I'd highly doubt. Oh, and word to the wise, next time you attempt to accuse someone of a contradictory statement you might want to have several overviews of your own post.

I'm just saying.

Hell Ill even give you a car if you can beat me.... :sly:

hmmm has all this talk given everyone else the same idea? organized drag racing online? we could have friendly drag night and then a competitive drag night where winner gets losers car. I know I'd be their :D

Yes I still do own my Chevelle and am not going to totally destroy a car that I can sell for more than your house.As for the other vehicles,yes at one time I did own them and raced them.Now that I am a lot older and have children ( which means the vehicles are all gone except for the boat/jetski and forgot sled)

Pic of the Chevelle, hood open, with a hand written sign on one of the valve covers reading "Hi, GTP - from Jimbbag" in bold letters. Otherwise, no one is believing it.

Ok soooo..... No Enzo drag tune? Bummer.

Guess everyone is too busy arguing over who has the panties shoved further up their....

Take some midol ladies.

Well a Supra,woop dee doo.A rice rocket,I'm surprised some shotgun toten,pick-up drivin redneck hasn't shot the tires off it yet.Good ole made in America eh!
Speaking of the game that does not support any aspect of drag racing at all is like comparing the space shuttle to a highschool made rocket project.

A Toyota Supra engine has no trouble putting out more hp/l then your Chevelle,

Hell there is MULTIPLE videos on youtube of people with 1.6L SOHC D16Z6 Honda Civics pushing 500+ WHP, there is even one made by BISIMOTO in a Realtime 4WD Wagovan pushing over 700 WHP at 38 PSI, that is equivalent to 900 BHP (adding all the drivetrain loss) out of a 1.6L engine (on a stock aluminum sleeved block and stock crank may I add) your 454 would have to put out... lemme see now... 4500+ horsepower! to be equivalent in HP/L, to that 1.6L honda at 437.5 HP/L!!!

Then you move up a notch to the DOHC B series Honda motors and see people pushing 700+ WHP on less then 30 PSI of boost, move up YET ANOTHER NOTCH to the K20 / K22 -> K24 Built V-Techs and you see that your Chevelle is actually very very poor at making power.

and Im guessing that 4500'll never happen

Lol. This may be the first time I've ever heard the Supra called a rice rocket. Rocket indeed.

killerjimbag, please see this thread: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=4970377#post4970377

So what have you done to your Chevelle to make an unbelievable (/sarcasm) 850hp? Parts list, dyno sheet, pictures?

By the way a K24 swapped 06+ Civic with drag radials can run 12s with 300hp...Sounds like you need to learn how to drive, or do more research for what a fast time is to go with your stories. Too much Fast and the Furious making you think a 10 second car is the fastest thing evar?

I honestly Lol'd so hard at "rice rocket" the Supra is one of the most beautiful most sought after Japanese Cars you can get and its definately not considered a "rice rocket" in most places of the world, those are moreso like HONDA CIVIC/ACCORD/NEON/RSX/INTEGRAS

and if you look at my above post you'll see that a 1990 honda civic motor will push out rediculous amounts of power.

11 Sec 1/4 Miles in a 400 WHP Civic Hatch, you would be so sad to have that thing right beside you the whole 1/4 mile I bet

Pic of the Chevelle, hood open, with a hand written sign on one of the valve covers reading "Hi, GTP - from Jimbbag" in bold letters. Otherwise, no one is believing it.

Pretty much.

Thats like saying "Oh hey, I have 100 grand cash beside me right now, but hey, I dont have a picture so you're just gonna have to beleive me"

Did you really just say you can sell your Chevelle for more then our houses........... Yea I'm 21 years old but our house just sold for $1.3 mil HIGHLY doubt any Chevelle/vehicle you own will be going for that. Plus you do know adding high performance mods & racing it at a track will only decrease the cars value from what it could be if left stock. Of course depending on the condition of it. Not to many people want a so called "850 hp" Chevelle?

HAHA..... :lol: I'm more of an American car type of guy always have & always will (I own a 2001 Camaro Z28) but I do give respect when it is deserved & a Supra would be the only Japanese import I would ever buy. Id probably would have picked one up if they didn't cost so dam much. But they are amazing cars & you can get some crazy power out of them. My friend owns a 1995 TT Supra & I love cruising around in it & of course doing some friendly races against him in my Camaro.

+1 on dyno sheet, parts, & 1/4 passes. But please.... Don't put the words Honda Civic & drag racing together. I know you own a Honda & all that. That's cool you like what you like but I mean really.... :indiff: Don't take it the wrong way but I actually do street race/run at the strip here in the Bay Area & Civics are not something to brag about. Yes they CAN be made one hell of a quick car. But the Civics you will see running quick 1/4 mile are Civics with slicks on, COMPLETELY stripped down, have tons of $$$ into them, cannot be used as a DD, & have TONS of boost. Plus I would love to see a Civic with a lot of boost last as a DD car on the streets.

hmmm has all this talk given everyone else the same idea? organized drag racing online? we could have friendly drag night and then a competitive drag night where winner gets losers car. I know I'd be their :D

I'm down! :cheers:

Ok soooo..... No Enzo drag tune? Bummer.

Guess everyone is too busy arguing over who has the panties shoved further up their....

Take some midol ladies.

Lmao... Well I was trying to look for one then of course you got people who come in here starting BS & make comments that have nothing to do with what I was originally looking for. :banghead:

I have to disagree with you DoggyB22, there are 400 WHP civics with sports tires running 11's, personally they are my favourite car in the entire world and I've done alot of research on them, 11's is nothing, stock Z6 block and head, turbo'd to 20 PSI and running 400 WHP, completely street legal and not stripped out.

And most of all a civic like that can be EASILY built from the ground up for less then 7500$ USD, you can buy a complete rebuild kit and every single part for the engine for less then 1000$ in some cases.

as for an enzo tune id just drop it, raise the SR and ARB, maybe raise the COMP dampers and give it a bit of + rear toe and - front toe.

LOL at trying to discredit Supras.

I know 3 personally that would make your Chevelle look like a Civic.

I have to disagree with you DoggyB22, there are 400 WHP civics with sports tires running 11's, personally they are my favourite car in the entire world and I've done alot of research on them, 11's is nothing, stock Z6 block and head, turbo'd to 20 PSI and running 400 WHP, completely street legal and not stripped out.

And most of all a civic like that can be EASILY built from the ground up for less then 7500$ USD, you can buy a complete rebuild kit and every single part for the engine for less then 1000$ in some cases.

as for an enzo tune id just drop it, raise the SR and ARB, maybe raise the COMP dampers and give it a bit of + rear toe and - front toe.

That's fine... But saying 11's is nothing for a Civic is :lol: You might wanna read up again because only way Civics are getting into the 11's or better is throwing a big turbo in it, lots of boost & some slicks or DR on the front. & please show me this 400whp Civic with sport tires running 11's...... :confused:

Might wanna check his 1/4 mile times... & yea you can say that they DD this car but LMAO! this is NOT a DD car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3X-cEjsimE

The only streetable "quick" Civics I've seen at a dragstrip ran 13's. Anything in the 11's or 12's is either not street-legal, or would be a complete chore to drive on the street.

That's fine... But saying 11's is nothing for a Civic is :lol: You might wanna read up again because only way Civics are getting into the 11's or better is throwing a big turbo in it, lots of boost & some slicks or DR on the front. & please show me this 400whp Civic with sport tires running 11's...... :confused:

Might wanna check his 1/4 mile times... & yea you can say that they DD this car but LMAO! this is NOT a DD car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3X-cEjsimE

Meh not really you just cant run FWD, get a 88-90 Wagovan and swap the rear train into the civic and bam 4wd, if you want it to be full time 50/50 then you just need a new driveshaft with no viscous coupling

http://www.youtube.com/embed/Qxtf3_IHTfs

375 WHP and running 11's

like i said that car is very very cheap to build.

Meh not really you just cant run FWD, get a 88-90 Wagovan and swap the rear train into the civic and bam 4wd, if you want it to be full time 50/50 then you just need a new driveshaft with no viscous coupling

http://www.youtube.com/embed/Qxtf3_IHTfs

375 WHP and running 11's

like i said that car is very very cheap to build.

Lmao yea maybe specifying that its AWD might help bro... No **** if its awd I would HOPE that you can dip into the 11's with 400 hp & how much it weighs. I'm talking about FWD Civics what they come with. Lmao not making a Civic awd. You really think its that easy & cheap? Just swap out the rear & throw in a "wagovan" & bam you got a 4wd Civic that can run 11's on street tires? Let alone pushing out 390whp @ 26 psi. Yea see how long that thing last daily driving it. & I didn't see anywhere that he made that 11 sec pass on "street tires" did you?

Lmao yea maybe specifying that its AWD might help bro... No **** if its awd I would HOPE that you can dip into the 11's with 400 hp & how much it weighs. I'm talking about FWD Civics what they come with. Lmao not making a Civic awd. You really think its that easy & cheap? Just swap out the rear & throw in a "wagovan" & bam you got a 4wd Civic that can run 11's on street tires? Let alone pushing out 390whp @ 26 psi. Yea see how long that thing last daily driving it. & I didn't see anywhere that he made that 11 sec pass on "street tires" did you?

That car actually lasted over 100000 miles on that motor daily driving and track running all the time

eagle rods, arp studs and yes it is fairly easy to do a conversion like that.

extremely easy. well maybe not to you but i looked it up and also machined and designed my own 2 cylinder compressed air engine when i was 16 years old that produced a massive amount of power for how small it was. i guess it was also pushing 120 psi of air and running a few thousand rpms though.

and he also ran 11's with drag radials at the same hp level fwd, and yes he is running 26 psi which is alot but there are civics with the exact same motor running 400 at 15-20

Last edited:
That's funny considering I never said that in this thread so how could it be a few posts back?? You fail, miserably. Also, I OWNED world records, not that I CURRENTLY own world records. For the record, I'm #4 in the world overall and #2 with a road car in GT4.

Also, does drag racing HAVE to involve a 1/4 mile?? NO! That's where street racing comes in because there is no set distance between two cars racing on the street which is what I kept saying to the other member (can't remember his name and couldn't be 🤬 trying to remember) that all we are doing
is street racing. It's a form of drag racing, not the most legal or legitimate form, but it's still two (or more) cars lining up side by side and going for it to see who's the quickest and/or fastest. Also, tell the people who are racing for pink slips in the game that they aren't drag racing.

What you are correct with with my comments is that there is no official timing system and as many of the GTP people I regularly talk to through the mic know, WHEN there is an official 1/4 mile, then you will see me launch the 1/4 mile thread. I've already worked out how to measure a 1/4 mile without a data logger or using the course creator, so if I so wanted I can organise a straight 1/4 mile race and as for the timer, we go off the "Total Time" marker and start at intervals (be it :00, :05, :10, etc.) so we're all trying to make something of it.

Yes I still do own my Chevelle and am not going to totally destroy a car that I can sell for more than your house.
The day I see a Chevelle sell for more than $600k (I have one in Sydney where I grew up) is when there are only 3 or 4 Chevelle's left in the world, which isn't the case. Quit while you're behind dude.

As for the other vehicles,yes at one time I did own them and raced them.Now that I am a lot older and have children ( which means the vehicles are all gone except for the boat/jetski and forgot sled) probably the same age as you,the only racing that I would attempt with any means of success would be drag racing.I would probably kill myself attempting to drive any of the other vehicles today.

That's just fear talking now. If I wanted to talk about past things, I'd talk about the cars I owned too, but I live in the present not the past, maybe you should do so too.

Now, like Duke as indicated a few posts earlier, show proof that you own the Chevelle in the ludicrous claim thread or quit talking yourself up, period.

Considering an internally stock 2JZ-GTE can make more power than your "built" 454ci boat anchor, I find it funny that you call it a "rice rocket" considering most of these "rice rockets" would blow the doors off your antiquated muscle car. My video that I posted is proof that your car IS SLOW.

PS. You still didn't address the issue that your 7.4L Chevelle is slower than a 1.3L N/A motor (don't know if your boat anchor is boosted or not, and it would be even more shameful if it is!).

That car actually lasted over 100000 miles on that motor daily driving and track running all the time

eagle rods, arp studs and yes it is fairly easy to do a conversion like that.

extremely easy. well maybe not to you but i looked it up and also machined and designed my own 2 cylinder compressed air engine when i was 16 years old that produced a massive amount of power for how small it was. i guess it was also pushing 120 psi of air and running a few thousand rpms though.

and he also ran 11's with drag radials at the same hp level fwd, and yes he is running 26 psi which is alot but there are civics with the exact same motor running 400 at 15-20

Please show me where your getting all this info...... Because the vids/info I saw was him driving around & making one 12 sec pass with FWD? No 11 second pass. & him putting 100,000+ miles on a DD & track raced 390whp Civic @ 26 psi is COMPLETE BS.... :lol: But what you said makes NO sense. First you said he made a 11 second pass with street tires "4WD" then you just said he made a FWD 11 second pass with drag tires with the same amount of power....

& MafiaBoy you crack me up man 👍

He still hasnt done a list on which parts he has on his car, to achieve 850 hp, and would that be 850 hp to the crank or to the rear wheels?

Please show me where your getting all this info...... Because the vids/info I saw was him driving around & making one 12 sec pass with FWD? No 11 second pass. & him putting 100,000+ miles on a DD & track raced 390whp Civic @ 26 psi is COMPLETE BS.... :lol: But what you said makes NO sense. First you said he made a 11 second pass with street tires "4WD" then you just said he made a FWD 11 second pass with drag tires with the same amount of power....

While the wagovan is a poor comparison, building a 390 WHP D16 is actually quite easy. The Vitara pistons are cast, so you can keep a tighter piston-to-wall clearance for better longevity, and hold up extremely well to boost. There's a 5000+ post thread on Honda-Tech of people running Vitara setups and lots of them are making 400+ WHP pretty easily.

Ive looked the car up alot because I wanted to know how the 4wd system worked, I dont have links but it ran good for a long time and has been sold to two or three different people for <$10k and still running strong supposedly.

And yes that is what I said. The video I posted is of the Epic Tuning Civic after they swapped the Realtime 4WD in it and is doing some launches and such. Read the whole description, it says on there before the put the 4WD system in it ran 11's with FWD at 375 WHP, and there is a video to the right in the related videos, 2nd from top, of the same car called "11 sec stock d16z6" when it is FWD and on drag radials running 11 something.

here is the FWD video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La1TABMyI7w 11.34 at 124 MPH at 375 WHP FWD Drag Radials.

and you obviously havent looked up on these civics much because they are ridiculously strong, rev balanced to 10000 but goverened to only 7000, and have a forged crank capable of 600+ WHP.

That car ran over 100k miles and is still running today Im pretty sure.

The car has Vitaras and was running a stock crank and stock rods until it ended up bending and luckily not breaking all 4 rods, now it has forged eagle rods.

While the wagovan is a poor comparison, building a 390 WHP D16 is actually quite easy. The Vitara pistons are cast, so you can keep a tighter piston-to-wall clearance for better longevity, and hold up extremely well to boost. There's a 5000+ post thread on Honda-Tech of people running Vitara setups and lots of them are making 400+ WHP pretty easily.

anyways i just saw this, yes i wasnt comparing the wagovan i was saying it is relatively simple to swap the trailing arms, rear axle, tranny, and driveshaft out of the wagovan into a civic for full time 4wd.

and by the way the vitara pistons are actually a little undersized im pretty sure.

Last edited:
Considering an internally stock 2JZ-GTE can make more power than your "built" 454ci boat anchor, I find it funny that you call it a "rice rocket" considering most of these "rice rockets" would blow the doors off your antiquated muscle car. My video that I posted is proof that your car IS SLOW.

I'm not defending what's-his-lying-face, but if you believe that Mafs you are much more blinded than I thought. As a drag racing fan from watching Pro Stock, you should know a big block V8 will put out well over 1,000hp naturally aspirated, and IIRC a 2JZ can handle something like what, 600-700hp with turbochargers on stock internals?
Obviously his car is fake, so it's not worth comparing to.

Back