Ferrari Enzo Drag Tune...

• Thread starter DoggyB22
  • 94 comments
I'm not defending what's-his-lying-face, but if you believe that Mafs you are much more blinded than I thought. As a drag racing fan from watching Pro Stock, you should know a big block V8 will put out well over 1,000hp naturally aspirated, and IIRC a 2JZ can handle something like what, 600-700hp with turbochargers on stock internals?
Obviously his car is fake, so it's not worth comparing to.

1000 HP N/A is doable but most pro stock cars run 2500~ im pretty sure (as in funny cars)

top fuel is 8000 hp out of a 500 CI block running nitro

1000 HP N/A is doable but most pro stock cars run 2500~ im pretty sure (as in funny cars)

Pro Stock is the strictly atmo series, I thought they were only around 1200hp? I could we way off on the actual Pro Stock figures. Top Fuel is obviously an entirely different ball park, plus they're supercharged.

Pro Stock is the strictly atmo series, I thought they were only around 1200hp? I could we way off on the actual Pro Stock figures. Top Fuel is obviously an entirely different ball park, plus they're supercharged.

Well what I'm saying is that almost every dragster/race car I know of is supercharged.

None are N/A

the lower HP funny car type ones (fiberglass lift up bodies) are at about 2500 HP

I dont even know what any of the "series" are but im guessing prostock means you have a real car that is caged and such, not a full on funnycar dragster

But im pretty sure they are either running supercharged or n/a at around 800 whp.

I'm not defending what's-his-lying-face, but if you believe that Mafs you are much more blinded than I thought. As a drag racing fan from watching Pro Stock, you should know a big block V8 will put out well over 1,000hp naturally aspirated, and IIRC a 2JZ can handle something like what, 600-700hp with turbochargers on stock internals?
Obviously his car is fake, so it's not worth comparing to.

Actually, it's the 1JZ (ie. my motor) that can do 600-700hp on stock internals, the 2JZ can go past 1000. Here's proof that it can bro. :)

But he wants to toot his horn with his boat anchor, so I'm just showing evidence from several sources that these "rice rockets" will smash his Chevelle.....not just on the 1/4 mile, but on the dyno and if he wants to continue, in top speed aswell. *gets Texas Mile vids ready* :mischievous:

Here's what NHRA says about Pro Stock:
Pro Stock
Often called "factory hot rods" because of their resemblance to production-based automobiles, Pro Stock cars are some of the most technologically advanced machines in drag racing. Built around a sophisticated tube chassis and four-link rear suspension, Pro Stock cars must conform to precise measurements and weigh no less than 2,350 pounds. Pro Stock engines use two carburetors and spec gasoline and are restricted to a maximum of 500 cubic inches. They can rev to more than 10,500 rpm and make in excess of 1,300 horsepower. A competitive Pro Stock car can run in the 6.6s at more than 208 mph.

What you're thinking about is what you call Pro Modified over there Poppins (Top Doorslammer to the Aussies). They have 2500hp in funny car looking bodies, but they are actually properly bodied cars, not fibreglass shells over rolling chassis. 👍

@DoggyB22 - Thanks for that, I'm here all week. Try the chicken parmigiana. :D

Alright so they are actual cars with full roll cages and not supercharged then.

Pretty much a higher compression top fuel engine with no charger im guessing, they run 3:1 compression or something stupidly low in the nitro top fuel cars.

Alright so they are actual cars with full roll cages and not supercharged then.

That's correct. 👍

Pretty much a higher compression top fuel engine with no charger im guessing, they run 3:1 compression or something stupidly low in the nitro top fuel cars.

Sort of.....they run specified fuel which isn't alcohol or nitro, something like C16 would be in the ballpark. A lot more focus is directed to the designs of the manifolds, camshafts and the work done to the heads to maintain a high cfm flow is beyond what most street cars would dream of being modified to.

That's correct. 👍

Sort of.....they run specified fuel which isn't alcohol or nitro, something like C16 would be in the ballpark. A lot more focus is directed to the designs of the manifolds, camshafts and the work done to the heads to maintain a high cfm flow is beyond what most street cars would dream of being modified to.

yeah they are pretty much ported as much as possible with the biggest cams and carbs possible hahaha

yeah they are pretty much ported as much as possible with the biggest cams and carbs possible hahaha

The carbs are regulated aswell. The camshaft is free, but there's a limit to how much lift and/or duration you can put in your camshaft before you start losing power from too much overlap.

anyways i just saw this, yes i wasnt comparing the wagovan i was saying it is relatively simple to swap the trailing arms, rear axle, tranny, and driveshaft out of the wagovan into a civic for full time 4wd.

and by the way the vitara pistons are actually a little undersized im pretty sure.

The old Vitara's everyone used were for a stock 75.0mm bore because nobody could get their hands on a set of new oversized pistons yet. Hence why they were a little small for the bore and you got some piston slap.

Most people building Vitara's now are using the 75.5mm pistons and can set their clearances appropriately.

Actually, it's the 1JZ (ie. my motor) that can do 600-700hp on stock internals, the 2JZ can go past 1000. Here's proof that it can bro. :)

But he wants to toot his horn with his boat anchor, so I'm just showing evidence from several sources that these "rice rockets" will smash his Chevelle.....not just on the 1/4 mile, but on the dyno and if he wants to continue, in top speed aswell. *gets Texas Mile vids ready* :mischievous:

Here's what NHRA says about Pro Stock:

$10 says it won't last long making that much power on stock internals, not long at all.:sly: They're built so heavy duty to withstand such power it comes at a price, that I must remind you how easily you throw the term "boat anchor" around, since your Supra motors weigh more than any small block Chevy.:P
I thought they were around the 1200hp mark, so 1300hp is close enough.

$10 says it won't last long making that much power on stock internals, not long at all.:sly: They're built so heavy duty to withstand such power it comes at a price, that I must remind you how easily you throw the term "boat anchor" around, since your Supra motors weigh more than any small block Chevy.:P
I thought they were around the 1200hp mark, so 1300hp is close enough.
3,000 miles since the build on stock internals. :sly:
576220d2.jpg

How much power does that one have? 3,000miles isn't very far, doesn't even get to a service interval.

how is it not going to last long on 1000 whp?

it has a fully forged bottom end and very strong rods + pistons

only thing you're gonna be blowing is head gaskets and other seals/bearings

edit: most older sbc's weigh about the same or a bit more, the newer all aluminum engines weigh about 50 pounds less

edit: most older sbc's weigh about the same or a bit more, the newer all aluminum engines weigh about 50 pounds less

You are grossly off the mark, a fully dressed 2JZ is slightly heavier than an iron block LT1 V8, and is, IIRC, 100kg heavier than an LS1.

3,000 miles in a month w/ 1,200whp on tap. It is a daily driven rocket.

Not bad, not bad at all.

1200whp can very well stick together on the street... I mean it won't last nearly as long as a stock motor if you ever use that 1200whp but under normal driving it wouldn't surprise me to see it go 50-100k.

the 2jz fully dressed no trans is 605 pounds or so

iron block lt1's at 575~

ls1 at 465

So basically........you're saying I was right- thankyou.;) Except an LS1 V8 weighs 409lbs, not 465.

nice other then the fact i hate those camaros :(

BUT

Turbo Power FTW

Suddenly, displacement and turbos swoop in for the decisive victory!

Quad rotors are unimpressive. They're built out of sheet money and tons of raw unobtanium. Yes, they sound cool, but they're just too out there as far as price is concerned. I like stuff that's more realistic.

Lol buddy that isnt made out of sheetmetal it is 2 13bs mated together with one custom billet plate holding them together and a custom crank.

And yeah those engines are good but they dont make NEARLY the power to displacement as the tinier engines.

That 1984 Audi 80 has a 2.3 L 5 cylinder pushing out 980 brakehorsepower.

Ive seen a few 2000 HP pump gas 427 small block twin turbo's on there by nelson racing engines.

hmmm has all this talk given everyone else the same idea? organized drag racing online? we could have friendly drag night and then a competitive drag night where winner gets losers car. I know I'd be their :D

im with ya im known for a fast GT the enzo omg the ACR! my zonda my srt10 03 model and more if u dont belive me ask team wolfpack or demize tuning or even my own crew GME im friends wit all the gud garages. i won three cars from ppl sayin FTW lol im up for it:sly:

Yea I was here to find a setup for an enzo, not a bunch of argueing. Can anyone help me cuz im new to gt5 online and my enzo just burns its tires when i start the drag, ive been told may be because im in auto but im not good with manual. Please help?

Back