Ferrari F1 World Championship Saeson2/Congratulation for 1-4 Drivers

  • Thread starter Thread starter IMMORTALPILOT
  • 2,050 comments
  • 99,269 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
1:42 is quick in an normal online room, just make sure you don't tune in lounges of offline because it's different.


Thanks 👍
Because we run offline TT's and online races in the same week, I've learned to tune independantly for both - we all found that out pretty quickly, had no idea when we originally created the online WRS portion. Although TBH, so far in the F10 my online tune was remarkably close to the offline one - just changed the diff and rear toe to make the car 'safer' through La Source and Bus Stop. Ran my test with Immortal's series specs for track / car settings.
 
Thanks 👍
Because we run offline TT's and online races in the same week, I've learned to tune independantly for both - we all found that out pretty quickly, had no idea when we originally created the online WRS portion. Although TBH, so far in the F10 my online tune was remarkably close to the offline one - just changed the diff and rear toe to make the car 'safer' through La Source and Bus Stop. Ran my test with Immortal's series specs for track / car settings.

1,42,50 is good with tyre wear and fuel.
We drive thursday a 30 lap practise race have you maybe time to drive Hydro?
 
s
The F2007 has a V8. The last V10 was I think in 2006, where everyone had a V8 except for one team which was running a restricted V10.

Oh my bad, and that is correct, V10 engines died in F1 around 2006. They were also the best sounding engines in my opinion. It's also a shame that Formula 1 is going to have V6 engines in 2014 and I can't imagine how terrible they will sound :yuck: !
 
Last edited:
s


Oh my bad, and that is correct, V10 engines died in F1 around 2006. They were also the best sounding engines in my opinion. It's also a shame that Formula 1 is going to have V6 engines in 2014 and I can't imagine how terrible they will sound :yuck: !

I think the V10s sang much better than the V8s too.

Literally sing:

V10: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGEqlNU30Tg

V8 (slightly out of key): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZIUGreqrCY

The old V10s should put out a Christmas choir album, I'd buy it.
 
Oh my bad, and that is correct, V10 engines died in F1 around 2006. They were also the best sounding engines in my opinion. It's also a shame that Formula 1 is going to have V6 engines in 2013 and I can't imagine how terrible they will sound :yuck: !

Ha, they won't sound bad, that's what I know.





Just like the old turbos in the 80s.

Oh, and on topic, I won't be able to attend the Thursday races now, sadly.
 
The 3.5 V10 in the early 90's was better than the 3.0
The 1.4 V6 should sound like a lower pitched X1 and also the deltawing's 1.6 V6 is similar.

 
The only person ever to beat Immortal in the finish is Art, who was later penalized then the official winner was Pawel. That was in Tokyo. Now I hope la Sarthe will give some great drafting action, bump-draft duos/groups, and pit strategies. And since this is the penultimate race of the season, I have some ideas for Season 3.

Formation laps, limited to 80mph and you can warm up tires and then line up on the grid. Someone then calls out the time (So let's say someone calls out "50," we go when it says 50 seconds on the total time board, this applies to all times) and that's when we start. Will add realism. I wouldn't mind if this was there or not applied, it's just an idea.

No ABS. This car isn't impossible to drive without ABS, plus it will add lock-ups and better braking battles. Realistic, and I'd highly recommend it. Some might be put off by this, though.

Regulated tire compounds. You have to use 2 different tires like in real F1, for some tracks it's softs/meds, softs/hards, hards/meds, but will be hard to enforce. Again, adds a bit of realism.

Safety car periods. Will be I think the hardest to employ, but either an F2007 or the leading car acts like the safety car, all the cars catch up to the leader, then a lap where you can pit, then everyone catches up again, and start again on the 3rd lap. 3 laps of safety car period. Safety car periods only occur if two cars are involved in an incident and both cars type "SC." Allows drivers to catch up, but no fly-bys to lapped drivers. 60-80mph speed limit.

Again, our current formula is perfect, these are just some ideas.
 
The only person ever to beat Immortal in the finish is Art, who was later penalized then the official winner was Pawel. That was in Tokyo. Now I hope la Sarthe will give some great drafting action, bump-draft duos/groups, and pit strategies. And since this is the penultimate race of the season, I have some ideas for Season 3.

Formation laps, limited to 80mph and you can warm up tires and then line up on the grid. Someone then calls out the time (So let's say someone calls out "50," we go when it says 50 seconds on the total time board, this applies to all times) and that's when we start. Will add realism. I wouldn't mind if this was there or not applied, it's just an idea.

No ABS. This car isn't impossible to drive without ABS, plus it will add lock-ups and better braking battles. Realistic, and I'd highly recommend it. Some might be put off by this, though.

Regulated tire compounds. You have to use 2 different tires like in real F1, for some tracks it's softs/meds, softs/hards, hards/meds, but will be hard to enforce. Again, adds a bit of realism.

Safety car periods. Will be I think the hardest to employ, but either an F2007 or the leading car acts like the safety car, all the cars catch up to the leader, then a lap where you can pit, then everyone catches up again, and start again on the 3rd lap. 3 laps of safety car period. Safety car periods only occur if two cars are involved in an incident and both cars type "SC." Allows drivers to catch up, but no fly-bys to lapped drivers. 60-80mph speed limit.

Again, our current formula is perfect, these are just some ideas.

I really hope I can drive regularly next season because no ABS would be amazing. We'd really need to vet the people racing though, I consider myself a pretty good driver but in traffic no ABS can be a bit tricky - admittedly I struggled at some points at Spa with no ABS. Nothing some brake bias and practice can't fix though! Great suggestions killa, I think it's important we have someone watch qualifying too to make sure people are putting in fair times but that might be difficult. Might be easier with two divisions and an elected person from each division watches the other divisions qualifications. Not sure how they do it in other leagues, just an idea off the top of my head.

Edit: BTW, completely agree with you there's a real chance if people work together at sarthe effectively you could prevent the leader from pulling away. Just have to drive as a drafting team and not divebomb each other. It's going to be interesting, not as interesting as no chicanes would but the back part of the track is still wide open, set your gears high and find a partner!
 
Last edited:
Or maybe we could get the race stewards to analyze the laps being done. Not sure about that, though, because Art is almost always fighting for his quali position and same with MonSpa and Tex. Maybe Immortal can just get a lap done, then watch us because he usually gets pole within his second outlap.
 
1,42,50 is good with tyre wear and fuel.
We drive thursday a 30 lap practise race have you maybe time to drive Hydro?
Thanks, Thursday's are usually really busy for me so it might have to wait though. Are you practicing Sarthe?

Formation laps, limited to 80mph and you can warm up tires and then line up on the grid. Someone then calls out the time (So let's say someone calls out "50," we go when it says 50 seconds on the total time board, this applies to all times) and that's when we start. Will add realism. I wouldn't mind if this was there or not applied, it's just an idea.

Regulated tire compounds. You have to use 2 different tires like in real F1, for some tracks it's softs/meds, softs/hards, hards/meds, but will be hard to enforce. Again, adds a bit of realism.

We're running our quickie race with a proper formation lap and standing start F1 style. It's actually pretty simple. At the race start drivers start a formation lap and stop in their proper positions. If they're lined up wrong by the computer, they just sort it out in T1 during the formation lap.
The race starts when the race clock - not the lap timer - hits 3:00. For Spa this gives about 45 seconds for everyone to get in their proper stall at the end of the lap and the last driver should have ~15 -20 seconds until the 3 minute mark.
Audible warning will be called at 2:50 to ensure no one misses the start.

We are also using 2 compounds. Quali and start on soft, but only 1 more set of softs are allowed after the race starts. With only 33 laps we figure 2 stints on soft and the rest on mediums. Our drivers are used to checking replays for tt's so they will have to confirm each others tire usage. Pretty simple really, but tbh were not sure it will really add much to a 1 hr race. Full races in a season structure: that would be very cool 👍
 
Last edited:
1'40.269 :cheers:
 
Stop! You're only going to get Immortal determined! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?! :lol:

Oh, and was it on full fuel or low fuel?
 

Is this normal online room with no aids except abs 1, track reduction real, tire/fuel on?

If so I have to see it to believe it, are you online now? You could teach me a thing or two about tuning if this is legit, I've come a long way but I'm still in the tuning dark ages relatively speaking. Going to grab some beers, lmk room # brother!
 
Is this normal online room with no aids except abs 1, track reduction real, tire/fuel on?

If so I have to see it to believe it, are you online now? You could teach me a thing or two about tuning if this is legit, I've come a long way but I'm still in the tuning dark ages relatively speaking. Going to grab some beers, lmk room # brother!

Of course... thats how we run in the WRS for online races... that was on quarter of a tank, was down to 41.0 on half tank. I think 39.8xx/9xx if bus stop was perfect. Kinda blew his lap record away

... and i'm now going to bed its 5.48am here! ask GTP_earlirendur or GTP_orsche if you need the proof :)

Laters, this was fun
 
Last edited:
Of course... thats how we run in the WRS for online races... that was on quarter of a tank, was down to 41.0 on half tank. I think 39.8xx/9xx if bus stop was perfect. Kinda blew his lap record away

... and i'm now going to bed its 5.48am here! ask GTP_earlirendur or GTP_orsche if you need the proof :)

Laters ;)

I'm sure we'll link up soon and I'll see. Keep in mind that's not Immortal's fastest time, that's just his fastest time during the race... and with no abs. My fastest in in qualifications was a 1:42.1 on about 3/4 fuel, did a 1:43.3 or something in race both with no abs as well (43 was the official fastest time for me bc it was in race). Already have third sewed up for the season so didn't practice just used my monaco tune with higher gearing so don't have practice times to compare but it sounds like you're pretty quick. If I had to bet Immortal could probably bang out a ~37 with abs and 4 laps worth of fuel, my best would probably be in around the 38/39s or so with tuning abs and low fuel.

Sleep well man, look forward to racing you soon!

Edit: 1:45am hopping online in 10 minutes guys.
 
Last edited:
Of course... thats how we run in the WRS for online races... that was on quarter of a tank, was down to 41.0 on half tank. I think 39.8xx/9xx if bus stop was perfect. Kinda blew his lap record away

... and i'm now going to bed its 5.48am here! ask GTP_earlirendur or GTP_orsche if you need the proof :)

Laters, this was fun

Dont talk join in the lobby and drive with us i write you every day on psn practise lobby is open.
Lets drive then we can see.
 
The only person ever to beat Immortal in the finish is Art, who was later penalized then the official winner was Pawel. That was in Tokyo. Now I hope la Sarthe will give some great drafting action, bump-draft duos/groups, and pit strategies. And since this is the penultimate race of the season, I have some ideas for Season 3.

Formation laps, limited to 80mph and you can warm up tires and then line up on the grid. Someone then calls out the time (So let's say someone calls out "50," we go when it says 50 seconds on the total time board, this applies to all times) and that's when we start. Will add realism. I wouldn't mind if this was there or not applied, it's just an idea.

No ABS. This car isn't impossible to drive without ABS, plus it will add lock-ups and better braking battles. Realistic, and I'd highly recommend it. Some might be put off by this, though.

Regulated tire compounds. You have to use 2 different tires like in real F1, for some tracks it's softs/meds, softs/hards, hards/meds, but will be hard to enforce. Again, adds a bit of realism.

Safety car periods. Will be I think the hardest to employ, but either an F2007 or the leading car acts like the safety car, all the cars catch up to the leader, then a lap where you can pit, then everyone catches up again, and start again on the 3rd lap. 3 laps of safety car period. Safety car periods only occur if two cars are involved in an incident and both cars type "SC." Allows drivers to catch up, but no fly-bys to lapped drivers. 60-80mph speed limit.

Again, our current formula is perfect, these are just some ideas.

thats great n all but none of these are enforcable except abs. I would like to point out the problems we have with full rooms and having to make guest drivers leave the series is just getting to big not to have two or more rooms so why don't we do qualli sessions during the week. (I originally thought about doing qualli sessions the way they do in real life but I thought about the problem of having a full room n some people not being able to quallify).
 
We have a moderator in our midst, i have tons of questions but i don't know what the repercussions of those questions would be :sly:

Good to have you on our CLEAN forum sir.
 
Ha, they won't sound bad, that's what I know.



Just like the old turbos in the 80s.


You right ghskilla, that cars used to sound very well.
And with the overboost engines (1300/1500 cv ; 1200/1400 bhp) in the qualifying sessions they sounded amazingly mighty (and they´r also mighty fast with then).
That engines can only survive 3 laps (out lap, 1 qualy lap and back to pits) and usually used to be fitted in the spare car for a flat-out/balls-crushing lap.

In the Portuguese GP I used to be in the inside of two medium/fast corners (at the small strait in between) and my brain barely can keep with the car´s pace when they used that engines (you saw and only after that you realise what happened...the twisting of the car...the gears changes...the line followed...and the noise...what a noise...).

The race units only had around 800/900 cv ; 750/850 bhp...but still with a amazing sound.
 
We have a moderator in our midst, i have tons of questions but i don't know what the repercussions of those questions would be :sly:

Good to have you on our CLEAN forum sir.

:lol:
Don't worry, I'm a driver first and a F1 fan way before that 👍
Ask away...
 
:lol:
Don't worry, I'm a driver first and a F1 fan way before that 👍
Ask away...

Hydro have you maybe time to drive this sunday??
 
:lol:
Don't worry, I'm a driver first and a F1 fan way before that 👍
Ask away...
How do i get that Moderator thingy on my profile :D
 
That was good fun this evening driving with Immortal, cheers dude, pretty much schooled me, and certainly trying to follow close behind was tough in itself with the draft effect wrecking the handling and breaking. I think with more time learning the tracks and car and getting a decent set up for various tracks I would be much closer. Plus running without the abs is a tough one as I normally set at 1 on everything. So that will be another learning curve, but with time it will come good.
 
Hydro have you maybe time to drive this sunday??
I'm afraid not... unless it's quite late in the evening. Parents 50th anniversary and a friends Birthday. Going to be a busy day. I'm dying to get on track with a F1 field though, maybe a week night after the weekend. End of summer is always touch and go.

How do i get that Moderator thingy on my profile :D

That's the question? :lol:
It's kind of like fight club. There's a first rule...:sly:

Edit:
TwistedMetal
That was good fun this evening driving with Immortal, cheers dude, pretty much schooled me, and certainly trying to follow close behind was tough in itself with the draft effect wrecking the handling and breaking. I think with more time learning the tracks and car and getting a decent set up for various tracks I would be much closer. Plus running without the abs is a tough one as I normally set at 1 on everything. So that will be another learning curve, but with time it will come good.
Dam, wish I'd seen that. I had wondered how our (online) hotlaping tests would translate to actual race runs.
How the heck did you guys get 14 laps+ on softs at Spa? I was getting about 9.
 
Last edited:
That was good fun this evening driving with Immortal, cheers dude, pretty much schooled me, and certainly trying to follow close behind was tough in itself with the draft effect wrecking the handling and breaking. I think with more time learning the tracks and car and getting a decent set up for various tracks I would be much closer. Plus running without the abs is a tough one as I normally set at 1 on everything. So that will be another learning curve, but with time it will come good.

Yes m8 good fun.
Iam sure when we practise good together you make lower mistakes.
You can drive very good lap times only small mistakes.
I hope you can drive tomorrow after your spa race with us practise in La sarth 05 iam the whole evening there you can join the whole time.
I dive always without ABS its much better ABS is ok for cars but its not good for F1 cars.
 
How the heck did you guys get 14 laps+ on softs at Spa? I was getting about 9.

Getting a 42.5 in 30/100 tries is better than getting a 40.0 in 1/100 tries. ;)

Consistency is key in these cars, if you can make one lap a 40.0 but then drop like a fly afterwards, it's no good. Plus, in our league, it's a balance of pace and strategy. You drive consistently and conservatively to save tires, not go for fastest lap.
 
Getting a 42.5 in 30/100 tries is better than getting a 40.0 in 1/100 tries. ;)

Consistency is key in these cars, if you can make one lap a 40.0 but then drop like a fly afterwards, it's no good. Plus, in our league, it's a balance of pace and strategy. You drive consistently and conservatively to save tires, not go for fastest lap.

Thats true killa in our races i never drive full speed.
Its to risky.
My Pole is always better then my best Race time.
 
I dive always without ABS its much better ABS is ok for cars but its not good for F1 cars.

It's the opposite for me IMMORTAL. It's good for me to drive a F1 without ABS, but it's bad to drive cars with ABS off. It's simply because of how F1 brakes are better than the brakes on your average car.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back