Ferrari Festival..(NTSC and PAL)Revived

• Thread starter L_Hamilton
  • 138 comments
Second race was disastrous for me after i got caugt up in T1, never got a chance to recover since i got held up for so long behind COSTA, everytime i passed i kept getting tapped in the rear totally offsetting my car. Oh well, i made my mark on this event already by taking race 1 in this big ol' thing.

Why do "Most" of Italian can't paly the game the same way as everybody and are not 600 PP ???:crazy:

Are they scared of playing against us with the same rules :dopey:

Sorry Vanuber and Wayne, i couldn't brake hard enough and hit Vanuber into Wayne thats why i let you both back past. I'm disapointed in the turnout though, way to many F430s, might as well be F430 Festival.

What i tell ya about the 599 straight line speed? lol, i managed 190mph on lap 2. Shame i got hit from behind by whoever it was with a yellow F430 which forced me into the other yellow F430 causing them to spin out. That penalty almost cost me the effective win as i was top 'Rari on the board. Guitardude999 is a friend of mine by the way (in the blue Tamora), he knows what he's doing so give him respect if you see him and you'll get it back.

He was clean and ok ^^

Nice Win Drago, Too fast on straights ....

Still don't understand why the Italian team are not playing 600 pp

Yea i get left in the corners alot but when the straight comes i get revenge. :sly: 494PS what do you expect? lol

That 🤬 idiot Ballack ruined my race TWICE, i was 2nd and he hit me i got the penalty, then i got back to second he did it again on the last lap and basically ended it for me.

I'll be on a 599
I'm guessing that many will be on the chat and start more races in sync.
Can you clarify this L_Hamilton?

Yes indeed..Chat will be used if needs be .👍

is it worth suggesting the traditional - every 15mins cycle for this event? I've been looking forward to this and I'm hoping for more than 1 race.

So be it..

8:15

:30

:45

How bout that?

hmmph, I aint havng much fun guys. I've only managed one race with our lot and I got ghosted from 3rd on lap 2 by an Imprezza and then bumped off by the same Imprezza when I caught him again.

Every other race seems populated solely by punters and I've quit 2 of them its that bad. I've never quit before but the bashing seems worse on Fuji than Suzuka.

So, well done you guys. Your tail pipes looked mighty fine as they roared off into the distance. :)

Edit - the timed start sounds good to me.

Yet again i was robbed of the win when i got punted by someone braking to late into turn 1.

From the lead i might add.

EDIT: I'm finished up with the 'Raris now, went out with a bang by stealing the win from the jaws of Celima_TeamGT by 0.1 after slip streaming him into the finish line thanks to my V12 power i made the pass.

I'm pleased with the overall event but so many races were ruined for so many of us by the odd randomer messing it up. But i proved that the 599 can hold its own against you boys in your 430s.

So anyone able to post up the finishing orders yet of the races so far?

No-one said we'd have to post up the times/orders as you said yourself its a meet not a full on competition.

I bagged 3 wins though out of 7.

I figured the F430 would be the popular car. I plan on using it myself. However If that F599 can hit hit 190mph I might check it out and see if I can get a decent tune for it. If I can I'll use the F599 instead of the F430.

I disastered the first couple of races - mixture of lag and just coming out of the cockpit of a lotus and realising my lift steer and brakes had been removed. Sorry to anyone who got on the wrong side of me.

Lost the last two races because I got twatted on the last turn by a bloody subaru - there was grumbling :irked:

Was fun tho. Some good racing with dragonistic - you are not the easiest person to get in front of - wp fella 👍

No-one said we'd have to post up the times/orders as you said yourself its a meet not a full on competition.

I bagged 3 wins though out of 7.

I just wanted to know what was the popular car and the resaults of the different cars..

I'm glad to see so far that this Ferrari Festival was a kinda good success besides P3nT4gR4m mishaps with the Subaru..lol

Oh yea it was good racing at times brilliant but the odd couple of guys ruined it sometimes. As for cars a standings there were only max 2 cars that weren't F430s in a race (counting only Ferraris), I managed to cause alot of trouble up front though in my 599 as proved. The thing is the F430 is much much faster all round the track, but if i could get ahead in my 599 or just tail on the back it was very difficult to get rid of me because i was taking it easy and staying consistent then holding the slipstream. The key to a couple of my victories was more playingto my own strengths, making it as difficult as i could to be passed in order stay in front when i got there, and booting it down the straight.

Thats how i hit 190, i got one slipstream then overtook into another, then into another. The F430 remains the better car for those wanting to win, but in the right hands and with the right state of mind the 599 can keep up and compete thanks to its raw power. It sounds bigheaded but the other 599 driven by Vanuber had worse results then me nearly every time so I mustve done something right in either my set up or driving.

Oh and the 599 makes a much better noise from its heavenly V12 :sly:

Some great races tonight lads:tup:

Big up to Dragon who strayed away from the F430:tup:Great minds think alike eh:sly: The 512BB was a livewire! Great drift oversteer, very similar to the Lancia Stratos and fun to drive. It wasn't to shabby on the straights either:tup:

Apologies to Pentagram who I bumped once or twice. I misjudged the breaking points in the 512BB:dunce:sorry dude.

just had a few practice races with GTP_ANGELx and GTP_L_Hamilton

the professionalism of all 3 drivers was mind blowing, it looked like pro drivers on the track.

Racing bliss

and that Audi R8 was gorgeous

Apologies to Pentagram who I bumped once or twice. I misjudged the breaking points in the 512BB:dunce:sorry dude.

No worries mate, you put up a hell of a fight in that thing - the toe to toe moments would have made up for any amount of raggedness 👍 I could see both you and dragonistic were having issues with the back end attempting to break for freedom, that the more agile machines didn't have to deal with - accidents were inevitable WP regardless.

I wish I'd thought to buy some other Ferraris but, to be honest, it's not my buggy of choice and I wouldn't know one from the other. I found one I liked and stuck with it. I think it's time to split that 2mil I have in the bank and invest in some v12 shenanigans tho.

The 599 isn't the easiest to drive, but it's an absolute joy and the noise is just fantastic. Only Rari i havent really tried is the F40.

just had a few practice races with GTP_ANGELx and GTP_L_Hamilton

the professionalism of all 3 drivers was mind blowing, it looked like pro drivers on the track.

Racing bliss

and that Audi R8 was gorgeous

Man, that 599 has some grunt down the straight that's for sure..👍

i'll be driving for a couple of hours still, but alas PAL region... ;(

need the practice since i changed my view to in-car, that view seems to give a lot more visual feedback then the bumperview i used before ;)

== EDIT

i hosted a game just now 01:45 (CET) but only 3 stayed, the rest was somehow kicked out ;(

another try at 0200(gmt) ? => edit2 -> succes, race with just the two, well very nicely raced, i was clearly beaten and i guess only rubberbanding along, that last round i had a .52, you must have killer 'fee run'times LOOST :)

Wow I tried setting up the F40, because I love the car, but on the track it can't hold a dim candle to the F430 and 599... good thing pulling the ebrake turns you invisible, I would have cause quite the accident thresh hold braking turn 1

Back