Ferrari Festival..(NTSC and PAL)Revived

• Thread starter L_Hamilton
  • 138 comments
Had a great time racing with you guys tonite. Got alittle rough in that 3rd race, had to send some personal appologies. But still tons of fun. that 1st race, 9 cars, 9 ferraris, 9 GTP_ tags. A big Congrats to Slicecom for his dominating win.

b

The first race was the best in my opinion, all 11 drivers were from GTP and, I couldn't believe it, for the first time I saw a GT5P online race that resembled an actual motor race, the cars were tightly bunched but no one was getting spun out or slammed into. The best race I've seen online.

In the second race there was a silver GTR that resembled a chicken with it's head cut off. Just running into everything he got close to

Apologizes to GTP_Dbo129, I hit him in the 4th race. I thought I braked plenty early but I guess not. Sorry

Hope to do somelthing like this again GTP_L_Hamilton

Hey Earth,

I am sorry I bumped you up the track, but I thought you were going faster threw turn 3. I was coming with a bit of steam and you happen to be going a lot slower than I thought, so instead of rear-ending you, I decided to try to not hit you..it still didn't work. Sorry man, I pride myself on trying to race clean, but well thats all I got, sorry man. Then the other times, you braked way early and I just wasn't prepared for that, I tried to avoid you and I think I did, but sorry for any other mistake on my part..

Had a great time racing with you guys tonite. Got alittle rough in that 3rd race, had to send some personal appologies. But still tons of fun. that 1st race, 9 cars, 9 ferraris, 9 GTP_ tags. A big Congrats to Slicecom for his dominating win.

b

Haha thanks dude! It was ANYTHING but dominating though! I was running 4th after the first lap, 3rd after the second and didnt get to first until I drafted you down the straight to the checkers. The first 2 races were the best I've ever had online. Awesome racing with you man!

For all of those who didn't make it, the first race was something like 12 GTPers and NOBODY else! It was like a preview of what the private rooms will be, and it was INCREDIBLE. I made passes on the outside of turns with full confidence that I wouldn't get punted, and I didn't! It was like a whole different game. I can't wait for private rooms!

For all of those who didn't make it, the first race was something like 12 GTPers and NOBODY else! It was like a preview of what the private rooms will be, and it was INCREDIBLE. I made passes on the outside of turns with full confidence that I wouldn't get punted, and I didn't! It was like a whole different game. I can't wait for private rooms!

👍

That was great. A couple of accidental taps, but no punting. And I still finished next-to-last. Might be a bad sign, but it's definitely a good sign about the skill and professionalism of the racers on this site. Awesome races!

Ham, where were you!? All of us in the chat missed you, and in your own tournament no less...!

Hey Earth,

I am sorry I bumped you up the track, but I thought you were going faster threw turn 3. I was coming with a bit of steam and you happen to be going a lot slower than I thought, so instead of rear-ending you, I decided to try to not hit you..it still didn't work. Sorry man, I pride myself on trying to race clean, but well thats all I got, sorry man. Then the other times, you braked way early and I just wasn't prepared for that, I tried to avoid you and I think I did, but sorry for any other mistake on my part..

Don't worry about it, it's just something that an event like this creates, different types of cars with different abilities and in at least my case I have very little experience with the 599, I ran my first laps with it today.

It's cornering speed leaves alot to be desired thanks to very bad understeer

I do brake too early alot in GT5P, it's just that sometimes I get gun shy with the rubberband physics that add weight to your car and the draft that boosts your speed 10,20 mph so I try and brake early to make sure I don't overshoot the corner or hit someone. At Fuji I'm looking at little tire marks or imperfections in the road to figure out where to brake. It's hard to be a consistant braker when the meter markers are so far away from the track and sometimes are not there at all. And of course the changing physics and extra speed of the draft

slicecom

I was going to post the exact same thought in my original post almost word for word.

That was a glimpse of private rooms and it made my day. That's why I am so dissapointed with the random races because I know the potential of private rooms.

I was having so much fun and I looked up and saw I was at the end of lap 3 and I hated it because I didn't want the fun to end.

Of course the next race some outsiders like the grey GTR and Red Evolution X invaded our little event and started devestating the field

@ Slicecom

Man you had it together. Good racing with you mate. The F512BB is no match for your driving skills with the other car you had. I tried to pass you but it seemed there was aways a few cars in my way and I never had enough laps to catch you. and when I did catch you it seemed like you just got right back out there with your lead

I tell you, if Kumabar would have let me pass I would have had you that one race.

Then that other race where I was leading on the last lap and it was only to be ruined by that ***blah red evo. Ah my glory in front of all GTP, I have a chance to prove that I am a really good driver and I get beat my some meadhead that did have any kind of paitence for a clean pass. I quit the race after that punt, it sadden me so much.. I was so proud that I was beating all of you guys with a 35 year old piece of junk Ferrari. It is stuff like that, that makes me want to quit the game and never come back. But I do because the level of professionalism, the level of skill and the kind of racing that it produces keeps me coming back. There is no way I would still be playing this game if it wasn't for those really good battles I'v had with you guys.

@ Earth

I am going to assume that you don't use the best informative line? It is really helpful because of the Rubber Band effect, because I don't know what kind of grip my car is going to have from lap to lap or what kind of boost I will have either. Thats the only reason why I keep it on.

I am sorry it happen, but braking early is very smart, and I do infact do that a lot my self, because it is always faster on the exit if you can hit the apex. :) The exception to the rule about braking early..You are with 10 hungry GTP members that are running as hard as they possible can, so you have to as well. I think it show true skill when you can push your car to its absolute max, which everyone was doing. It was a great race and I hope you come around more so we can see who really is the best on PP500 racings. lol

Well guys, seeing that you guys loved this so much, I'm going to put up a poll to see when will the next Festival take place.

As for me, I'm so sorry for not being there. I feel like an idiot. While practicing for the races, I got a horrible headache. I intentionaly wanted to take a quick nap. Welp, here I am, typing this at 11 00. I WILL MAKE SURE I'LL BE AT THE NEXT ONE!!!!

@ Slicecom
...I tell you, if Kumabar would have let me pass I would have had you that one race...

Sorry man, didn't get the memo from Jean Todt until now, I'll hit the brakes on the finish line when PD gets the Austrian GP track on the next update. :dopey:

And now the probe that this game can be great, some videos!

Yes today we all experienced true racing Valhala just for a couple of minutes, just for a few laps that will never disappear from our minds. The truly greatness of a tight pack of racers all there to give their best and trying to respect others. Yes there were changes on braking points, and slowing down to not punt the driver ahead, etcetera. Please be amazed by the racing on this videos, the blue dots on the HUD were sometimes just a blue bar.
Hey! I forgot, we miss you out there Ham.

Race1

Race2

Race3 You asked for it, here it is... Great drive CWR.

Race 4

Race 6 I got disconnected on race 5 :(

Race 7Final race for most of the field, DTW_Metro and I had one more but I'll not post it here. Watch how the GTPers got divided by other entries in AWD cars. It was rare to not see my mirrors and sides with GTP_ tags, too much traffic there.

Great racing all! Hope the fun in this set of races repeats for the next ones to come. Thanks again L_Hamilton for organizing this:tup:, now, buy an alarm clock and get to the race next time! LOL

Sorry man, didn't get the memo from Jean Todt until now, I'll hit the brakes on the finish line when PD gets the Austrian GP track on the next update. :dopey:

And now the probe that this game can be great, some videos!

Yes today we all experienced true racing Valhala just for a couple of minutes, just for a few laps that will never disappear from our minds. The truly greatness of a tight pack of racers all there to give their best and trying to respect others. Yes there were changes on braking points, and slowing down to not punt the driver ahead, etcetera. Please be amazed by the racing on this videos, the blue dots on the HUD were sometimes just a blue bar.
Hey! I forgot, we miss you out there Ham.

Race1

Race2

Updates will come with more videos I have 7 of them

That's incredible racing..man I REALLY need to be at the next one.:ouch:

He was clean and ok ^^

Still don't understand why the Italian team are not playing 600 pp

hallo Wayne...good race with GTPdriver...👍👍

not 600pp because there are too many idiots in the race

MANY MANY IDIOTS!!!!!!!:guilty::guilty: (in Italy...COGLIONI!!!!!):sly:

I hope soon in the private rooms....👍👍

Dragonistic..good race :) on straight you have too many horses with 599, my F430 has 412cv:indiff::indiff::sly:

Hi Celima,

Good races too 👍

We know there's allways punters on any races but we allways try to play with that and all go with 600 pp so no one has advantage on others :sly:

Normally the 2 or 3 first on the grid have always a good start and when you battle from the end the best place we can finish is normally 3rd which I did once last night.

Please try to compete with us at the same PP level, this is more fair ;)

Anyway we had some good fight last night 👍

Dragonistic..good race :) on straight you have too many horses with 599, my F430 has 412cv:indiff::indiff::sly:

Yea, our last meeting was a fantastic race but i just beat you by less then 0.1 thanks to my 599s power and a good run out the last bend.

Nice racing with you, and tell taranta_TeamGT i'm sorry for one race, a yellow F430 shunted me into the back of taranta (also in yellow F430) and he lost control because of it.

Hi Celima,

Please try to compete with us at the same PP level, this is more fair ;)

ok... I say to our team group "TeamGT"👍

will be ready shortly our site and our forum... www.teamgt.it:cheers:
obviously be invited to participate in our races and our private rooms:tup:👍

list of driver TeamGT (number.9 - stop)

Nivola_TeamGT
JARNO17_TeamGT
CappedFra_TeamGT
ChrisL3V_TeamGT
LOOST_TeamGT
VirtuaMax_TeamGT
Taranta_TeamGT
ADM_TeamGT
Celima_TeamGT

Dragonistic...noproblem for Taranta...can happen:tup:

Very nice team indeed 👍

All fast & clean drivers.

I will visit your forum for sure, please feel free to have a look at GTChallenge too as there might be a team challenge soon ;)

I'd like to thank L_Ham for setting up this race, and Kumbar for his vids. Looking forward to seeing race 3. But most of all I want to thank GTP_CWR for that amazing drive, Staying ahaed of 10 Hungry GTP members in well tuned 430's and 599's for 2 1/2 laps in the 512. That mite have been the greatest drive ever seen on gtp. My hats off to you.

b

But most of all I want to thank GTP_CWR for that amazing drive, Staying ahaed of 10 Hungry GTP members in well tuned 430's and 599's for 2 1/2 laps in the 512. That mite have been the greatest drive ever seen on gtp. My hats off to you.

b

Agreed. I have no idea how he managed to control that thing so well. It was awesome to watch! He never beat me due to various circumstances (traffic, punters etc...), but when we did go one on one, he could match my pace in the F430 in his 512! Drive of the night in my opinion. 👍

I want to say sorry to slicecom for the accidential nudge in the dunlop curve. And just wanted you guys to know I was not trying to spear anyone in the second race i just blew my braking zone so I just cut across the track so I would not hit anyone! But that was amazing racing last night and I must admit I was not use to having that many cars around me, it was crazy trying to constantly look left and right trying to see where everyone is. I can not wait for private rooms!!! :sly:

The first race was the best in my opinion, all 11 drivers were from GTP and, I couldn't believe it, for the first time I saw a GT5P online race that resembled an actual motor race, the cars were tightly bunched but no one was getting spun out or slammed into. The best race I've seen online.

In the second race there was a silver GTR that resembled a chicken with it's head cut off. Just running into everything he got close to

Apologizes to GTP_Dbo129, I hit him in the 4th race. I thought I braked plenty early but I guess not. Sorry

Hope to do somelthing like this again GTP_L_Hamilton

It all good Earth, I still want you to race me as hard as you can! thanx though. I must say last night fellas was some of te best racing I've done online thus far. I can't wait until private rooms. Anyways guys, pat yourselves on the back for a supurb job last night. 👍

I also apalogize to anyone I may have run into. I know I did it, I just don't remember to whom it was. I was racing my heart out! And I asure it was not done on purpose, just good ol fashon hard racin' 👍

I'm so sad I am missing out on this. It would be great to race with you guys. Thing is my dad will not let me get a Playstation 3 yet because they cost so much. I will probably have to wait a year and a half to two years. The price of these things are ridiculous!

my dad will not let me get a Playstation 3 yet because they cost so much!

During the days i depended on my father to buy me stuff, i would always work to get half the money myself, that way my dad knew i wasn't 'playing' and happily provided the other half to reward his hardworking son (*uche uche*).

I don't know your age Graig, but if you can work a bit in the weekends or so, perhaps your dad doesn't think it's rediculously priced once he only needs to pay half or two thirds 👍

And if you can't, i feel sorry for you too ;(
Arent there turning up second hand ps3's anywhere?

edit:

Well, your profile says you're 14, in my couyntry you would not yet be allowed to work much ;( i hope it;s better in the UK for you.
Otherwize, be creative in letting your dad know you really want the ps3, i mean don't just simply ask for it, but get your mom involved ;) or wash your fathers car a couple of times, take your dad and his car to the nurburgring and show him how good you can drive......

And, i suggest waiting a bit after getting the ps3 before asking him for a G25 ;)

Alright let me come clean with this F512BB driving of mine. Before the tournament last week I concluded that there is no way to drive the car because you could never tell wh en the rear end was going to come out on you. If you were in the car you would be able to know when it was coming out on you, since you can’t feel or sense the motion of the real vehicle there is no way to tell. So, that was when I decided to turn on Traction Control to 1. That way when car wanted to come out on me I had some warning and I could counter steer for it.

Now, even with the TSC @ 1 car is still extremely hard to drive, because it still can spin out just as easily if you are not paying attention to what’s going on with the car. Just like in Tournament TWO: Race Three at Suzuka. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtZSlFINvN4 I was leading the race and I spun out, even with the TCS on, and yesterday at Fuji if I gave it too much throttle, (even with TCS @ 1) the car wanted to step out. SO don't get me wrong guys, the car is still hard to drive. But I had some help. Certainly there are other factors to my success:

Like having a great setup:

Power: +13
Weight: 87%
Ride Height: F -30 R -30
Springs: F 3 R 10
Damper: F 8 R 4
Toe: None
Camber: 1.2 – 1.9
Max Turning: 42
Gears:
1. 2.941
2. 2.010
3. 1.529
4. 1.180
5. 1.027
Final Gear: 2.969

The gearing will change according to your liking for every track, but I found the gearing to be spot on for Suzuka and HSR.

Then the other part is, the car is fast, so if you can manage to control the under and over steer it can go a lot faster than the other Ferrari’s. The exception here is the F40, but with PP600 you can't tune enough power into the car. So it’s too slow to run at Fuji with the other cars. I know because I tried to run the F40 in race one last night, and it had nothing over your cars.

Lastly, yes I do have some skill at this game, but I attribute my success mostly to TCS and being able to keep the car pointed in the right direction.

I gave you all of this information in a chance that a few of you will attempt to run the F512BB next week, as I will be doing again.

Thanks for reading,
Chad

Ok, I'll be up for a race on Tuesday 29 hehehe not Tuesday 28 ;)

I'll bring the F40 this time vrooom vrooom or should I say pssss vrooom psss vrooom. :dunce:

Back