FF Drifting

• Thread starter nos2
  • 96 comments
Yea, I see no problem with drifting an FF, the only thing is, unlike FR (thats what I drift) Your back end is just kinda... A Tail... Like on a snake. How it follows the front in a wavy pattern. And because FF's are well... FF's all you need is a little weight transitions and maybe some hard acceleration. Losing Traction is not nessesiary eather. With the right amount of countersteer, and if the back end is still out there, your front wheels may still have total traction.

Just slap on some hard tires out back, and mediums or Comforts up front.

I was about to ask the same thing Loon.

So, where are your videos showing your knowledge, comprehension and execution of everything about drifting, takahashi-bros?

Exactly, right now your credibilty around here is pretty low, because you're not well known. Prove your understanding of drifting by getting into discussions and apply your knowledge correctly.

What you displayed in your post is common stuff you can google to find out.

Prove that you are equal to or superior than some of the most knowledgeable drifters here, then, and only then will people take you seriously. Saying you know everything about drifting, or anything for that matter, is a little childish and arrogant.

Doods...he has redsuns in his sig...he must know everything about drifting...lay off the poor guy...

ff's can drift....it's just a different set of techniques....I should know I know everything about drifting and technique...LOL jp

Doods...he has redsuns in his sig...he must know everything about drifting...lay off the poor guy...

ff's can drift....it's just a different set of techniques....I should know I know everything about drifting and technique...LOL jp

Lets not make him mad now,he might get Ry to challenge us.

i cant find my my way to drift in a FWD, i tried my best, i need help. i whant to make my own drift video with my RSX!!

i cant find my my way to drift in a FWD, i tried my best, i need help. i whant to make my own drift video with my RSX!!
well i havent been drifting for a while... but im drifting a acura integra which i guess might be slightly similar since i cant tell the damn things apart on the road in reallife..

but heres my current setup for my integra.

parts: buy everything you can
tires: buy them all for good measure incase you dont like the way the tires i use work.

and now for how the suspension should be set up.

spring rate 12 front/4 rear
ride height 82 front/90 rear
shock absorbers dont seem to exist on the integra so if the rsx has them leave em stock.
shock (bound) 9 front/5 rear
shock (rebound)6 front/10 rear
camber angle 2.0 front/ 1.0 rear
toe angle 1 front/2 rear
stabilizers 2 front/6 rear

the transmission has to be modified too. so for those setting take and do this.
set the auto to 12
then from there tweak first gear to 3.128
second 2.133
third 1.569
fourth 1.209
fifth 0.977
sitxh 0.826
and for the the final it should be 3.400

and for the full customized limited slip diff.
the settings should be
initial torque 45
acceleration 40
deceleration 20

then you'll want to turn all the driving aids off.

oh and for the tires which i almost forgot to mention. make the front super soft for grip in the front, and for the rear put hard tires. this should make it easy for the rear end to whip around to follow the drift. but there might be a little bit of snapback, so if that doesnt work. the tires until the grip meets your needs.

i hope this helps. this forum has helped me alot since i first got on here. and i figure it might be nice to give something back =]

well i havent been drifting for a while... but im drifting a acura integra which i guess might be slightly similar since i cant tell the damn things apart on the road in reallife..

tires: buy them all for good measure incase you dont like the way the tires i use work.

shock absorbers dont seem to exist on the integra so if the rsx has them leave em stock.
toe angle 1 front/2 rear

set the auto to 12
second 2.133
third 1.569
fourth 1.209
fifth 0.977
sitxh 0.826

the settings should be
initial torque 45
acceleration 40
deceleration 20

oh and for the tires which i almost forgot to mention. make the front super soft for grip in the front, and for the rear put hard tires. this should make it easy for the rear end to whip around to follow the drift. but there might be a little bit of snapback, so if that doesnt work. the tires until the grip meets your needs.

i hope this helps. this forum has helped me alot since i first got on here. and i figure it might be nice to give something back =]

i hope you realize you dont have to buy everything. If you got a Full customize transmission, you won't need a Close or Semi-close for example.

as for the tires i'm not sure why you'd want racing tires, for drifting?

and if you didn't know an RSX is an Integra

i hope you realize you dont have to buy everything. If you got a Full customize transmission, you won't need a Close or Semi-close for example.

as for the tires i'm not sure why you'd want racing tires, for drifting?

and if you didn't know an RSX is an Integra

well yeah, thats a given though right? obviously you'd want to buy only the best, of whatever is available.

the hard racing tires break traction the easiest in the setup for my car. the shift pattern helps with that, it utilizes the acceleration. or atleast i think it does. the soft tires in the front maintain the grip in the front for turning that would otherwise be lost in going sideways.
and another reason to have the racing tires on, is when you go into photomode and start to slide you get the most smoke.
and as far as the rsx/integra part goes. gran turismo did a weird thing and made both models available.

you know, i think i just might. but what year is the crx? isnt there a couple of them?

If I remember right, its the '90. There are two different, and the one for the settings I got in black, the other, more older one, has a two-tone~ish red and gray. If the year is wrong, just know that it is the newer of the two

The Integra Type R of RCV (in the Tuning and Setting forum) makes an interesting attempt at FF drift on S3 tyres. It feels like it handles a bit imprecisely, but the oversteer is there, and extremely controllable. Only hairpins and high-speed sweepers are difficult when using this car, and that's with S3 tyres out front and back. Rotary Junkie, the creator, will deny all claims that it was meant as a drifter, but it works about as well as a well-tyred FF could. Though, I have heard that the Trial Celica handles similarly to his Integra, so it could be a contender. I've not tested it, so I don't know.

i have not checked out rotary junkies integra, but i might just to see what he did to it that i didnt did. it may turn out similar to my setup which would be cool. i dont like the concept of drifting on sport tires they seem to have too much grip. and the economy tires make me feel poor ahaha.

toe angle 1 front/2 rear

set the auto to 12
second 2.133
third 1.569
fourth 1.209
fifth 0.977
sitxh 0.826

the settings should be
initial torque 45
acceleration 40
deceleration 20

I apreciate for what you gave me but, I forgot to tell you all that I already know how to drift in a FF.(I found it out ALL by my self):)

well you could swing the tail of the car out, or you could always brake drift into the corner from what my experiences are with drifting with FF cars thats what I usually do.:)

Also, to save some time for testing: The CR-X at Bad Boy Tuners is rubbish. It's nothing more than a typical FF with a tire imbalance. It works decently, but it's honestly unimpressive in every sense of the word.

I've still not tested that red Celica, though. Maybe the Trial Celica is still a treasure waiting to be discovered.

The Trial Celica, even in stock form, is magic.

Something really missing from GT4 is the ability to play with tire sizes, so unless the tire sizes are already optimal for performance, such as with the Trial Celica or the Ford Focus RS, you're stuck with mishmashing tire sets.

Also, to save some time for testing: The CR-X at Bad Boy Tuners is rubbish. It's nothing more than a typical FF with a tire imbalance. It works decently, but it's honestly unimpressive in every sense of the word.

So what you are saying is, that other than the staggered tires, you really didn't have a problem with it. If you did, you didn't specify. I would like to know, because I don't like people dissing on my cars, but I also don't want to start a flame war. If you tell me the problems with the car, I will be happy to go back and tweak it some more.

Hey Blitz, i liked the CR-X. I found everything to be fine, it drifted fine, i just added a little bit more power to it than you specified and it handled perfect.

I think EA11R just doesn't like FF's.

The CR-X just didn't have the smooth loss of grip or the ability to do distance drifts that I was hoping it would have, and the effects of it are very similar to the feeling of a stock FF with a tire stagger (in my opinion). Though, I might have misread one thing on the spec sheet: The ballast settings. Is the ballast location in positive or negative number?

I tried the Trial Celica, and it's basically an oversteery FF chassy with understeering FF throttle. It's actually a stiflingly lovely car, but a drifter it isn't.

The CR-X just didn't have the smooth loss of grip or the ability to do distance drifts that I was hoping it would have, and the effects of it are very similar to the feeling of a stock FF with a tire stagger (in my opinion). Though, I might have misread one thing on the spec sheet: The ballast settings. Is the ballast location in positive or negative number?

I tried the Trial Celica, and it's basically an oversteery FF chassy with understeering FF throttle. It's actually a stiflingly lovely car, but a drifter it isn't.

I'd say add the power that you'd need for it to not feel stock. As for the ballast weight, its supposed to be towards the rear for what I assume to be balancing out the front of the car since it is an FF.

Yeah, but which end of the settings bar the 'rear' of the car actually is is under debate, and no conclusion has been reached.

Some claim that the "front/rear" label on the settings screen is a visual picture which indicates the location where the settings bar places the weight. Other people use their observations of car behaviour to figure out just the opposite. Clearly, I side with the latter.

Either way, I may have misinterpreted the settings sheet.

It's pretty simple... front-rear is front-rear. Put all the ballast in the rear on a light car and it plainly makes it much more tail happy. I tested this setting ad nauseum when working with the Alpines, looking for a way to make them more stable... just for fun.

Back