(FGT3) - Formula GT Championship S3Open 

• Thread starter True-blue-8
  • 1,097 comments

What track should be used for the US GP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I didn´t want to sentimentalize until the end of the championship, but this first race, despite of the lag issues and incidents, was just beautiful.

The thread has already 30 pages, something unimaginable for a championship, and also compared to the past FGT WC seasons. This is a proof of the motivation we all have.

We´ve also had bad news, @o0Maxx0o and @DannyB013 couldnt participate. I´ve never seen @xife10 get disconnected from a lobby, and actually yesterday we didn´t see him getting a DC, because his PS3 broke up in the middle of the race :(.

However, let´s try to keep up this level and motivation, surely every round will be as spectacular as this one. Let´s try to have always at least 14 drivers on Lobby A. Past seasons have decreased of number of drivers, but I´m quite sure we can keep up the participation. Here´s the stream link:

I think we must all thank @True-blue-8 for the hard work and time he´s spent for this, I also organise championships and understand how much stress can be acumulated.

See you on next round guys. I´ve sincerely felt on a very high level ambient, like if this was the iRacing World Championships GP Series of Gran Turismo :bowdown:

Guys, I didn´t want to sentimentalize until the end of the championship, but this first race, despite of the lag issues and incidents, was just beautiful.

The thread has already 30 pages, something unimaginable for a championship, and also compared to the past FGT WC seasons. This is a proof of the motivation we all have.

We´ve also had bad news, @o0Maxx0o and @DannyB013 couldnt participate. I´ve never seen @xife10 get disconnected from a lobby, and actually yesterday we didn´t see him getting a DC, because his PS3 broke up in the middle of the race :(.

However, let´s try to keep up this level and motivation, surely every round will be as spectacular as this one. Let´s try to have always at least 14 drivers on Lobby A. Past seasons have decreased of number of drivers, but I´m quite sure we can keep up the participation. Here´s the stream link:

I think we must all thank @True-blue-8 for the hard work and time he´s spent for this, I also organise championships and understand how much stress can be acumulated.

See you on next round guys. I´ve sincerely felt on a very high level ambient, like if this was the iRacing World Championships GP Series of Gran Turismo :bowdown:

If anyone is wondering what I was doing at the beginning of the video... *embarassing!* I was trying to make all my mistakes BEFORE the race started :D

There should be a way to cut down on connections issues.

Like for example: Game DNS servers. Does anyone know if gaming DNS servers work to have better connection?

Just a heads up, Our Lobby A Live Streaming got the most Views from all the other Twitch GT6 videos. Good Job to Todoaki. :D

@True-blue-8 - If you ever need help uploading data or updating information I'm more than willing to help you out. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Results - Round 1 - Gran Turismo GP - Grand Valley Speedway Reverse

1. TRL_IMMORTAL
2. Nik_Makozi
3. aughablo
4. TRL_LIGHTNING
5. TRL_beau
6. xife10
7. TRL_Fuvaros
8. loco_pepe_2404
9. SIERRA95
10. Mario96_TENT
11. Maple_Leaf_000
12. lets_party-1611
13. ORMA_Tiago
14. arty907
15. Ash9414
16. DeltaJulietMike
17. DestenDeath2
18. True-blue-8
19. rvgracer
20. GTP_Cimarron
21. gu1tar3rich
22. UA342
23. Toshost
24. smith1001

1. TRL_IMMORTAL
2. Nik_Makozi
3. aughablo
4. loco_pepe_2404
5. ORMA_Tiago
6. TRL_Fuvaros
7. Mario96_TENT
8. Maple_Leaf_000
9. arty907
10. lets_party-1611
11. SIERRA95
12. rvgracer
13. True-blue-8
14. DestenDeath2
15. DeltaJulietMike
16. Toshost
17. Ash9414
18. gu1tar3rich
19. UA342
20. GTP_Cimarron
21. smith1001
22. xife10
23. TRL_LIGHTNING
24. TRL_beau

GOLD Fastest Lap - TRL_IMMORTAL - 1.22.198
SILVER Fastest Lap - lets_party-1611 - 1.23.393
BRONZE Fastest Lap - Ash9414 - 1.24.643

Stewarding Report

@Toshost - Causing an incident T1 / L1 and hitting the rear of another driver - 1 Penalty Point

@swiftsmith - failure to obey the blue flag rule and dangerous driving due to lack of car control - 2 penalty points and you have been put on probation.

@AJHG1000 - No penalty but please be more careful and respectful when a car is lapping you in future

@DestenDeath2 - hitting another driver twice at the rear - 1 penalty point - as was said in the lobby, regardless of the car in front speed, it is the car behind's responsibility not to crash.

@xife10 @Weider - separate incidents but the same situation - causing an accident while entering pits - 1 penalty point - please turn on blind spot indicators and be more alert in future.
@SWR_WeiTN - multiple incidents lap 1 - 1 penalty point - please be more careful when racing other cars and do not hit another car/push them wide as this could cause further crashes.

@beau231 - lap 1 turn 7 - loosing control of the vehicle and hitting another driver - no further action but please be more careful in the future.

@TRL_Snow @J_Starscream @Ives40 - AWOL - 1 penalty point. If AWOL at the next round you will be removed from the entry list.

Any drivers who wish to appeal the results, or their penalties must do so within 24Hrs. If you want your penalties explained further please PM me.

Championship Standings

OVERALL

GOLD

SILVER

BRONZE

The following drivers will race in LOBBY A next week;
@IMMORTALPILOT @Nik_Makozi @DrAug @jose pepe @Fuvaros @SWR_WeiTN @Mario96__TENT @INFOWARRIOR @Weider @luke norris

The Following drivers must go through Pre-Qualifying;
@SIERRA95 @Rvgracer @True-blue-8 @DestenDeath2 @DeltaJuliet @TRL LIGHTNING @xife10 @beau231 @Ash9414 @Toshost @richroo @AJHG1000 @pisquali @swiftsmith @DannyB013 @TRL_Snow @J_Starscream @Ph1sher @Ives40 @potvinsuks @miura30

Also tagging the reserves;
@RacingLine @Antares26 @Soyuz 77 @reefer @Harsk100

Can Everyone Please note the following rule changes;

- Pre-Qualifying - There will now only be 1 Pre-Q session. Drivers will be allowed 2 attempts at qualifying - the 5 fastest drivers will race in LOBBY A.

- Damage - Damage will now be set to LIGHT. This is for drivers whos races are being ruined by poor driving standards. A driver that causes an accident will be awarded a time penalty after the race.

- Text chat - Texting and messaging during the races is banned. If a driver has a problem with another driver they must wait until after the race. The only people allowed to message is the Race Director to give important instructions. However drivers may tell another driver if they are lagging.

-Entering new lobbies - After your race finishes, do not enter the other lobby. This could, and did, cause connection problems. Please watch the stream and do not enter the other race lobby. If you disconnect from your race, please do not rejoin as this could cause connection problems.

Regarding how Round 1 went I am very happy. A few incidents but for a round 1 of FGT it was pretty good. However, can everyone be a bit more careful at the race start. Remember to give lots of room and do not divebomb people. It is important that everyone is respectful. The race is not won on the first lap so don't ruin yours or someone else's.

If a driver in front of you is slower, it is still your responsibility not to hit them. Remember you need to lift off and brake earlier. If you have to follow them and be held up for 5 laps then it doesn't matter, that is racing, so be careful.

Also, can people please turn on blind spot indicators as this will help, and if you are going into the pits, make it obvious to everyone by positioning your car correctly rather than turning into someone.

If someone new wants to join, please try and tell me in advance, rather than right before the race starts. A lot of preparation and organising has gone into this. People had plenty of time to sign up/invite others so please make sure you tell me with plenty of time to spare.

But overall a good start to the season. I will provide my own review later, but to make the highlights and reviews easier can everyone please fill out this form - highlights will most likely be available after the next event as it takes awhile due to the number of people racing, but if everyone gives me their highlights (crashes/battles etc) it will be much easier.

All information for next race is on Post #2. All eyes will be on @DannyB013 for his home race :P

Weather for nurburgring will be as follows;

Weather at race start - 30%
Weather changeability - 2
Surface Water at race start - 20%

I am excited at this :D @MC CAULEY - wet nurb, remind you of anything? ;)

:cheers:

"Son, I can tell you many a story about Danny B,
He changed Silverstone to Goldstone in an FGT!"
Too bad the game doesn't have like, some sort of setting where you can either have the fans in the game cheer or boo a racer around a particular curve. Can you imagine every time Danny takes a turn at Dunlop Curve, the fans roar.... Kinda like Checko last year in Mexico :lol:.

Results - Round 1 - Gran Turismo GP - Grand Valley Speedway Reverse

1. TRL_IMMORTAL
2. Nik_Makozi
3. aughablo
4. TRL_LIGHTNING
5. TRL_beau
6. xife10
7. TRL_Fuvaros
8. loco_pepe_2404
9. SIERRA95
10. Mario96_TENT
11. Maple_Leaf_000
12. lets_party-1611
13. ORMA_Tiago
14. arty907
15. Ash9414
16. DeltaJulietMike
17. DestenDeath2
18. True-blue-8
19. rvgracer
20. GTP_Cimarron
21. gu1tar3rich
22. UA342
23. Toshost
24. smith1001

1. TRL_IMMORTAL
2. Nik_Makozi
3. aughablo
4. loco_pepe_2404
5. ORMA_Tiago
6. TRL_Fuvaros
7. Mario96_TENT
8. Maple_Leaf_000
9. arty907
10. lets_party-1611
11. SIERRA95
12. rvgracer
13. True-blue-8
14. DestenDeath2
15. DeltaJulietMike
16. Toshost
17. Ash9414
18. gu1tar3rich
19. UA342
20. GTP_Cimarron
21. smith1001
22. xife10
23. TRL_LIGHTNING
24. TRL_beau

GOLD Fastest Lap - TRL_IMMORTAL - 1.22.198
SILVER Fastest Lap - lets_party-1611 - 1.23.393
BRONZE Fastest Lap - Ash9414 - 1.24.643

Stewarding Report

@Toshost - Causing an incident T1 / L1 and hitting the rear of another driver - 1 Penalty Point

@swiftsmith - failure to obey the blue flag rule and dangerous driving due to lack of car control - 2 penalty points and you have been put on probation.

@AJHG1000 - No penalty but please be more careful and respectful when a car is lapping you in future

@DestenDeath2 - hitting another driver twice at the rear - 1 penalty point - as was said in the lobby, regardless of the car in front speed, it is the car behind's responsibility not to crash.

@xife10 @Weider - separate incidents but the same situation - causing an accident while entering pits - 1 penalty point - please turn on blind spot indicators and be more alert in future.
@SWR_WeiTN - multiple incidents lap 1 - 1 penalty point - please be more careful when racing other cars and do not hit another car/push them wide as this could cause further crashes.

@beau231 - lap 1 turn 7 - loosing control of the vehicle and hitting another driver - no further action but please be more careful in the future.

@TRL_Snow @J_Starscream @Ives40 - AWOL - 1 penalty point. If AWOL at the next round you will be removed from the entry list.

Any drivers who wish to appeal the results, or their penalties must do so within 24Hrs. If you want your penalties explained further please PM me.

Championship Standings

OVERALL

GOLD

SILVER

BRONZE

The following drivers will race in LOBBY A next week;
@IMMORTALPILOT @Nik_Makozi @DrAug @jose pepe @Fuvaros @SWR_WeiTN @Mario96__TENT @INFOWARRIOR @Weider @luke norris

The Following drivers must go through Pre-Qualifying;
@SIERRA95 @Rvgracer @True-blue-8 @DestenDeath2 @DeltaJuliet @TRL LIGHTNING @xife10 @beau231 @Ash9414 @Toshost @richroo @AJHG1000 @pisquali @swiftsmith @DannyB013 @TRL_Snow @J_Starscream @Ph1sher @Ives40 @potvinsuks @miura30

Also tagging the reserves;
@RacingLine @Antares26 @Soyuz 77 @reefer @Harsk100

Can Everyone Please note the following rule changes;

- Pre-Qualifying - There will now only be 1 Pre-Q session. Drivers will be allowed 2 attempts at qualifying - the 5 fastest drivers will race in LOBBY A.

- Damage - Damage will now be set to LIGHT. This is for drivers whos races are being ruined by poor driving standards. A driver that causes an accident will be awarded a time penalty after the race.

- Text chat - Texting and messaging during the races is banned. If a driver has a problem with another driver they must wait until after the race. The only people allowed to message is the Race Director to give important instructions. However drivers may tell another driver if they are lagging.

-Entering new lobbies - After your race finishes, do not enter the other lobby. This could, and did, cause connection problems. Please watch the stream and do not enter the other race lobby. If you disconnect from your race, please do not rejoin as this could cause connection problems.

Regarding how Round 1 went I am very happy. A few incidents but for a round 1 of FGT it was pretty good. However, can everyone be a bit more careful at the race start. Remember to give lots of room and do not divebomb people. It is important that everyone is respectful. The race is not won on the first lap so don't ruin yours or someone else's.

If a driver in front of you is slower, it is still your responsibility not to hit them. Remember you need to lift off and brake earlier. If you have to follow them and be held up for 5 laps then it doesn't matter, that is racing, so be careful.

Also, can people please turn on blind spot indicators as this will help, and if you are going into the pits, make it obvious to everyone by positioning your car correctly rather than turning into someone.

If someone new wants to join, please try and tell me in advance, rather than right before the race starts. A lot of preparation and organising has gone into this. People had plenty of time to sign up/invite others so please make sure you tell me with plenty of time to spare.

But overall a good start to the season. I will provide my own review later, but to make the highlights and reviews easier can everyone please fill out this form - highlights will most likely be available after the next event as it takes awhile due to the number of people racing, but if everyone gives me their highlights (crashes/battles etc) it will be much easier.

All information for next race is on Post #2. All eyes will be on @DannyB013 for his home race :P

Weather for nurburgring will be as follows;

Weather at race start - 30%
Weather changeability - 2
Surface Water at race start - 20%

I am excited at this :D @MC CAULEY - wet nurb, remind you of anything? ;)

:cheers:
Awesome stuff buddy! :cheers:

You wouldn't believe how many messages I've gotten from so many of the guys raving about the races on Saturday!

I will go through all more in detail when I get home from my job today.

Also, got a give a shout out to my boy @Rvgracer for doing a superb job on Saturday 👍.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job, and thanks as always @True-blue-8.

Damage will now be set to LIGHT

But I must say I disagree with this. We are racing seriously. I can understand damage is set to light due to the lag some drivers are having, but not due to the fact "we still don´t know how to race". I personally have hundreds of hours of experience with damage set to strong, the most realistic one. And I really think everyone in both lobbies are clean drivers who know the normal thing is to race with strong damage.

One more question, are we allowed to discuss the steward´s decission?

But I must say I disagree with this. We are racing seriously. I can understand damage is set to light due to the lag some drivers are having, but not due to the fact "we still don´t know how to race". I personally have hundreds of hours of experience with damage set to strong, the most realistic one. And I really think everyone in both lobbies are clean drivers who know the normal thing is to race with strong damage.

If you were in Lobby B, you would've seen there are plenty of drivers who still don't understand how to race cleanly. It would be a lot better if we had a person who was specifically the Race Director, calling blue flags and warnings as we're actually racing.

Awesome stuff buddy! :cheers:

You wouldn't believe how many messages I've gotten from so many of the guys raving about the races on Saturday!

I will go through all more in detail when I get home from my job today.

Also, got a give a shout out to my boy @Rvgracer for doing a superb job on Saturday 👍.
raving? let me know further 👍 and indeed @Rvgracer was on fire, I believe I was a minute of him at the end. I was praying he wouldn't cross the line and make me do an extra lap, otherwise desten and mike could have had me :lol:

If you were in Lobby B, you would've seen there are plenty of drivers who still don't understand how to race cleanly. It would be a lot better if we had a person who was specifically the Race Director, calling blue flags and warnings as we're actually racing.
@SWR_WeiTN yes mate, if you want a decision explained further or to appeal drop me a PM :)

My thoughts echo both posts. Although LOBBY A wasn't so bad, B had some really bad incidents. I would prefer HEAVY damage, although we had issues where someone was completely taken out by someone else, and that ruined their race. It wasn't really something we could say was bad luck and made things exciting, as at times it was downright frustrating. Any driver who causes damage will be awarded a time pen after the race.

Also, people should know that the pens this week were in all honesty quite lenient for what happened. It was the first round and people have now been spoken too everyone has) so there are no more excuses.

I know the battle at the front of the grid is great, but the passion and excitement is just as good, if not better in SILVER/BRONZE.

There is a lot of pressure on BRONZE guys this weekend due to the number of brits. AYRTON (outright) and myself (bronze) are the only british race winners, so there will be riots if there isn't a win in any class :P (think of it like MotoGP/Moto2/Moto3)

Anyway, if anyone knows anymore BRONZE guys who might like to race it would be great please. I'm hoping we can have a championship finale in all races but a few more BRONZE guys might be nice please :) so if you know anyone with that ability send them this way.

I just hope someone can challenge IMMORTAL :lol: although I think he should be worried about the team title, Nik/aug look really strong 👍

I know the battle at the front of the grid is great, but the passion and excitement is just as good, if not better in SILVER/BRONZE.

There is a lot of pressure on BRONZE guys this weekend due to the number of brits. AYRTON (outright) and myself (bronze) are the only british race winners, so there will be riots if there isn't a win in any class :P (think of it like MotoGP/Moto2/Moto3)

Anyway, if anyone knows anymore BRONZE guys who might like to race it would be great please. I'm hoping we can have a championship finale in all races but a few more BRONZE guys might be nice please :) so if you know anyone with that ability send them this way.

I just hope someone can challenge IMMORTAL :lol: although I think he should be worried about the team title, Nik/aug look really strong 👍

Just wait for it... I'll be back... Hopefully xD (and with no connection issues tho)

TT times updated :)

I thought my 36.0 would be bad, I just jumped in with no practice and this is always a tricky track for me. 36.0 isn't too bad for a messy lap, plus I messed my final run up. I think a low 35 will be possible tomorrow.

Has anyone seen any weather changes when testing yet?

TT times updated :)

I thought my 36.0 would be bad, I just jumped in with no practice and this is always a tricky track for me. 36.0 isn't too bad for a messy lap, plus I messed my final run up. I think a low 35 will be possible tomorrow.

Has anyone seen any weather changes when testing yet?

Well..... Yes and no :boggled:.

Like an idiot, I've been practicing Siverstone with Nurburgring weather settings, until Party so eloquently informed me that I've been using the wrong weather settings for Silverstone last night :lol:.

I must say though, the Nurb weather settings at SS was good.
It appeared to mist-v.light rain, on and off every 10-12 mins or so. With the height of 'track surface water' to be significant, consistently at regular intervals.
Hard to explain and specify the amount of water, but to try. At it's height, water (rooster tail) would appear to spray approximately a foot to a foot and a half off the rear tires. Say about just under a half a meter.
This lasted for about 5 mins then simmered down, to dry over the next 7 mins, and then, work its way up the next 6 or 7 mins. Not sure if it makes a difference from Nurb to SS, or that we were running 30 minute races instead of 60 mins or not.

Last edited:
Hey guys hope you're all doing well :) Decided to start racing again after a few months off haha, picked up F1 2016 on ps4 and I'm really liking it. So I might make an appearance at some point in this series if that's possible? Give me some time to warm up more though lol :P

Also, tried out time trials on F1 tonight and they're pretty fun, 42nd in the world for this lap atm but there's definitely improvements to be found. I'm planning on uploading more hotlaps to my youtube channel so if you guys are interested, leave a like or sub if you want?

Cheers :gtpflag:

Hey guys hope you're all doing well :) Decided to start racing again after a few months off haha, picked up F1 2016 on ps4 and I'm really liking it. So I might make an appearance at some point in this series if that's possible? Give me some time to warm up more though lol :P

Also, tried out time trials on F1 tonight and they're pretty fun, 42nd in the world for this lap atm but there's definitely improvements to be found. I'm planning on uploading more hotlaps to my youtube channel so if you guys are interested, leave a like or sub if you want?

Cheers :gtpflag:

Ive only been playing project cars and gta V thus far. Thinking my next ps4 title will be assetto.... its just hard to justify getting a game thats re released every damn yr... anyways f1 2017 should be interesting as the cars are supposed to be 5 secs up on current pace which would be red bull standard speed in gt6...:crazy:

Here´s the race on YouTube:

I knew I forgot to do something :banghead: will send you the replay tomorrow mate 👍

Nice one, i'll get some comms etc on it over the weekend :)

I had damage to my Front Right at L1 T1, but on the livestream it didn't show up...
The replays/watch race settings always show things like that wrong. Sometimes it won't even tell you if someone had changed tyre compound :(

Q times updated 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back