(FGT3) - Formula GT Championship S3Open 

• Thread starter True-blue-8
  • 1,097 comments

What track should be used for the US GP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
red.png

Formula GT Championship

Season 1
Drivers:
TRL_IMMORTAL - Ferrari
Teams: Ferrari -TRL_EVOLUTION, TRL_IMMORTAL

Season 2
Drivers -
TRL_IMMORTAL

If you wish to race, you will need to sign up. You can do this by either posting in the thread in the format below or by sending a PM to myself. Please try to keep in contact and up to date with the thread, checking at least once a week, usually on race night. Upon signing up, please do so in the following way;

GTP ID / PSN ID / Nationality / #
True-blue-8 / True-blue-8 / Great Britain / #99

A GTPlanet account is not required, however it is requested and strongly recommended.

Please read all rules before signing up. By signing up you agree to follow all rules and behaviour in a suitable and friendly manner. Due to the high participation numbers, failure to do so may result in a driver being prevented from racing. A general understanding of motorsport and driving standards is expected.

You will be required to add True-blue-8 on PSN and join the GTTCC / FGT community club in GT6 (#1061823)

Races will take place on a Saturday night, all times are correct as of BST;

20:00 - Practice lobby opens.
20:30 - Practice lobby closes.
20:35 - Race lobbies open.
20:45 - All drivers are expected to have joined the correct race lobby.
20:55 - Practice Start.
21:00 - Qualifying Starts.
21:10 - Qualifying Finishes.
21:10 - Race Starts.
22:10 - Race Finishes. Lobby closes.

Click HERE to convert to your local time zone.

All drivers are expected to follow all instructions and understand what is required of them in order to allow the schedule to run on time. Please do not leave the lobby unless instructed. If a driver is late then the race/qualifying will not be restarted.

The times above will remain the same when the UK switches to GMT.

Tyre/Fuel Depletion: Normal
Damage: Heavy
Grip Reduction: Real
Slipstream Strength: Real
False Starts: On

Driving line and ABS are the only driving aids permitted to all drivers.

1 TCS will be allowed to SILVER and BRONZE drivers.

The race distance will be set to 60 minutes.

Qualifying will be set to 10 minutes. All drivers will race alone and start in the pit lane.

In the club section there will be a race event set up which drivers must join.

Pre-Qualifying
In order to decide who races in LOBBY A or LOBBY B, Pre-Qualifying will be required. This will take place during the week before the race. The top 10 drivers in the championship standings do not have to compete in these and will get an automatic place in lobby A. A club event will be created for drivers to complete when they can. The event will be a 12 minute time trial and penalty will be set to weak to avoid people abusing track limits. Drivers may have two attempts (any extra attempts will not be registered) and the event will close 3 hours before the race lobby opens.

The 5 fastest drivers will race in LOBBY A.

Race Day
2 lobbies (A and B) will be opened for the race. Drivers are expected to join the lobby they must race in. They can ask for this information or find it in post 2.

Before the event starts, there will be a mandatory 1 lap practice start. This allows drivers to practice the start of a race/turn 1 and check connection settings.

There will be a 10 minute qualifying session before the race. Drivers may start on whichever compound they choose, and changing compound during qualifying will be allowed.

The race will last one hour, and a compound change is mandatory. Drivers are asked to save the race replay afterwards.

Tracks that support wet weather may use that function. The weather will be set to the setting the track shows in real life and will be announced 2 weeks before the race event to allow drivers time to practice.

All drivers must use the Formula Gran Turismo Car.

Each car must run at 650BHP 550KG.

Oil change is optional.

All tuning is allowed.

Racing Soft (S), Medium (M) and Hard (H) tyres are allowed, however only two compounds (announced before the race) will be available during the event. Intermediate (I) and Full Wet (W) tyres are allowed during a wet race.

The use of Nitro is prohibited.

Drivers will be split into three classes based upon ability; GOLD, SILVER and BRONZE. All classes will compete together, however this provides all drivers an opportunity to fight for a class win and championship against drivers of a similar ability.

For novelty purposes, there will also be an engine manufacturer championship. There will be 5 different engine manufacturers; Cosworth, Ferrari, Honda, Mercedes, Renault. Each engine will be assigned to a different team.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Lobby A and Lobby B results will be merged. Points will be awarded in the following order;

OQ.png

OR.png

Drivers will also be awarded points based on where they finish in their class.

CP.png

Team points will be made of both drivers combined. Teams must be made up of 2 drivers from the same class.

Manufacturer points will be made up of the highest GOLD, SILVER and BRONZE driver's score combined.

Drivers who DNF will be given full points for the last available place.

2 drop scores may be taken from any round.

If a driver has an incident they wish to report, please send a PM to myself or another steward. The steward panel will then review the decision and come to a decision, handing out penalties or reprimands if required. You will be given 24hrs to appeal if you wish.

Licence Points
If you receive the following points on your licence, you will receive the following:

3 Points - Start at the back of grid next race.
4 Points - Drive through penalty at the next race
5 Points - 25 point championship reduction
6 Points - Race Ban

Drivers may be penalized for both on and off track behaviour.

All rules are there for a reason. All drivers, including the host, do not receive special credit. Please read all rules before signing up. I was not aware of that rule is not a valid excuse.

Drivers who are AWOL will receive a warning, after this a reprimand. All drivers are expected to notify the host before the race whether they can race or not.

Drivers may run any livery car they wish.

Weaving in a straight line and divebombing is strictly forbidden. Please drive as cleanly as possible and with respect - The race is not won in the first corner.

Blue flag rule - Drivers who are about to be lapped may ghost their car if they wish, however all drivers are expected to allow the leaders through easily.

Track limits are defined by the white line. Drivers must keep 4 wheels inside the white line at all times. The kerb only (not astro/tarmac) will count as an extension of the white line, but your wheels must not pass on the other side of the kerb. If you go off track, lift off so you do not gain an advantage. Drivers who continually abuse track limits will be penalised.

If a driver is unable to make an event, it is very important they notify the host ASAP or they may receive a penalty.

Drivers must not chat during the race or enter another race lobby after their race has concluded.

Big thanks to @Antares26 and @potvinsuks for their help and contribution to the series.

Last edited:
Entry List

GOLD

Team RedLine Red - Ferrari

1. IMMORTALPILOT / TRL_IMMORTAL / Germany / #13
2. TRL_SNOW / TRL_SNOW / Chile / #16

Team Iberia - Renault
3. xife10 / xife10 / Spain / #10
4. SWR_WeiTN / ORMA_Tiago / Portugal / #15

Makozi Racing Internacional - Mercedes-Benz
5. Nik_Makozi / Nik_Makozi / Macedonia / #07
6. DrAug / aughablo / France / #08

Team RedLine Black - Honda
7. TRL LIGHTNING / TRL_LIGHTNING / Turkey / #44
8. Fuvaros / TRL_Fuvaros / Hungary / #24

Team RedLine White - Cosworth
9. beau231 / TRL_beau / Australia / #02
10. Mario96__TENT / Mario96_TENT / Spain / #96

Tribute Of Racing - Ferrari
11.DannyB013 / DannyB013 / Great Britain / #18
12. SIERRA95 / SIERRA95 / France / #25

SILVER

McLaren-Honda - Honda

13. Toshost / Toshost / Bulgaria / #17
14. DeltaJuliet / DeltaJulietMike / Great Britain / #37

Phisher Starscream Racing - Mercedes-Benz

15. J_Starscream / J_Starscream / Switzerland / #03
16. Ph1sher / GTP_Ph7shr / USA / #39

White Knights Racing - Cosworth
17. jose pepe / loco_pepe_2404 / Chile / #20
18. Rvgracer / rvgracer / USA / #64

RTRacing - Ferrari

19. weider / arty907 / Great Britain / #05
20. pisquali / UA342 / USA / #74

Party-Syrup Race Team - Renault

21. INFOWARRIOR / Maple_Leaf_000 / Canada / #22
22. luke Norris / lets_party-1611 / Australia / #99

Reserves

Antares26 / The_Noir_Antares / Philippines / #26
Encvel / Encvell / USA / #52

BRONZE

Mother Truckers Racing - Cosworth
23. Ash9414 / Ash9414 / Great Britain / #14
24. True-blue-8 / True-blue-8 / Great Britain / #55

Manhood Minutia Racing - Honda

25. potvinsuks / potvinsuks / USA / #72
26. DestenDeath2 / DestenDeath2 / USA / #96

Rumble Strip Racing - Mercedes-Benz
27. Ives40 / Ives40 / Great Britain / #40
28. richroo / gu1tar3rich / Great Britain / #31

Here Goes Nothing Motorsports - Renault

29. AJHG1000 / GTP_Cimarron / Mexico / #51
30. swiftsmith / smith1001 / USA / #06

TBC - Ferrari
31. TBC

Reserves

Soyuz 77 / monty_YNOS-j / Canada / #77
reefer / joe___bananas / Great Britain / #015

There is currently 1 space available.

2.png

WEATHER SETTINGS

Weather At Race Start: 10%

Weather Changeability: 1

Surface Water At Race Start: 0%

LOBBIES

LA.png

LB.png

POS / DRIVER / TIME / ATTEMPTS

1. xife10 - 1.32.361 (2/2)
2. TRL_LIGHTNING - 1.32.525 (2/2)
3. TRL_beau - 1.32.593 (1/2)
4. SIERRA95 1.33.247 (1/2)
5. DannyB013 - 1.33.560 (2/2)
---------------------------------------------------------------
6. rvgracer - 1.33.615 (1/2)
7. DeltaJulietMike - 1.34.697 (2/2)
8. Toshost - 1.34.865 (1/2)
9. Ash9414 - 1.34.935 (1/2)
10. gu1tar3rich - 1.35.774 (1/2)
11. True-blue-8 - 1.36.044 (2/2)
12. DestenDeath2
13. UA342
14. GTP_Cimarron
15. smith1001
16. TRL_SNOW
17. J_Starscream
18. GTP_Ph7shr
19. Ives40
20. Potvinsuks

Last edited:
The time's a lot more convenient for me than GTTCC-8. Count me in!
It will be about 9/10PM our time, which I think is okay for you :) Races wont be every week to, although don't be too hopefully. The rest of us like to scrap for 10th place and a point, but it should still be fun :P

On the subject of Formula cars...

Alonso with the fastest lap! :bowdown:

Last edited:
It will be about 9/10PM our time, which I think is okay for you :) Races wont be every week to, although don't be too hopefully. The rest of us like to scrap for 10th place and a point, but it should still be fun :P
Considering that I'll be living in Japan by that point, it should be more than well within my operating hours :lol:

Alonso with the fastest lap! :bowdown:
I loved how they just screwed the stint and put the supersofts on just for that. :lol:

I loved how they just screwed the stint and put the supersofts on just for that. :lol:
Still a pretty quick lap. Button had the 6th fastest lap too.

The crowd doesn't seem keen on Nico and Lewis but then again, it is the Tifosi.

Last edited:
guys, come on. If you are going to mention it, please put it in a spoiler. I haven't seen it, I've recorded it to watch the motogp races, so therefore had the results (although it being expected) ruined, as other people may of. I know this is a formula thread, but GT and F1 is different, especially when the race hasn't long finished.

Is it quick enough :P Going to be a lot harder to crash though as the racing won't be close pack stuff :P

IIRC, all I used to do was spin at every corner anyway. :P

There is one thing you won't have to put in spoilers though... Palmer retired from the race, again. Literally worse than Maldonado.

IIRC, all I used to do was spin at every corner anyway. :P

There is one thing you won't have to put in spoilers though... Palmer retired from the race, again. Literally worse than Maldonado.
To be fair, it wasn't his fault.

Last edited:
@IMMORTALPILOT @RacingLine @xChris93_ @David Talle @Weider @STOCKY8A1 @GT_Vette @NinjaEvo @TRL_VIPER @TRL LIGHTNING @TRL_Andromeda @TRL_Importlife @WolfpackS2k @DrAug @Soyuz 77 @Storm_SP17 @SK8RBOI @Ettick @MC CAULEY @DannyB013 @pisquali @Cb @Gavin Vickers @joetruckv8 @Rich S @o0Maxx0o @DestenDeath2 @potvinsuks @TNR_KING_FILO @Ash9414 @Antares26 @DeltaJuliet @J_Starscream @Toshost @Ives40 @Ares85 @Duker_86 @andrew1990 @Draggon

Tagging ex-drivers and those who might be interested, so sorry If you didn't want to be. Pretty sure there's others but can't remember ID etc, so point them this way. Expecting limited spaces so if you're interested let me know. Don't worry about racing at the front due to the aliens :lol: but everyone will be able to compete with others.

This should be fun. :cheers:
Don't play GT6 anymore but good luck with the series, it was a lot of fun when I raced last time.

with the extra ballast you can balance it very well
And giving an extra challenge to the alien to handle it.
Its too easy with 550kg and full downforce, and the Alien guys knew that

650 HP and no weight is the best setting for the FGT
the most easier to drive and tune
not the best setting for the harder challenging for you or other
i just telling my opinion
something with 600-620kg can be cool, and like a new challenge

Go away Bernie. :P
:lol:

The current specs are better. The car isn't difficult to drive, however the main problem with the FGT is tyre wear. These specs keep the tyres as fresh as possible.

Also, what do people think of the following;

A) A one hour race that will see 3/4 pitstops
B) A 10min sprint and 40min feature

The soft tyres can only run for about 10mins anway, meaning the sprint will still focus on tyre wear across a stint. I just think an hour race with more pitstops would make the car even harder to drive with the race so much more spread out.

Opinions?

I think so too. I know 10min sprint for F1 style is crazy, although it should make a different style of driving, plus tyre wear will still be crucial. 40mins will still see 2 stops moat likely.

The separate classes should be enjoyable for us back markers too, give us something to chase.

We should go to willow springs :P

Qualify + 10 minutes spring and after 40 minutes reverse grid?
yes although no reverse grid. I considered it initially, although the likes of TRL could have the non-aliens within 2 laps. It could get very messy, so may just be better to run based on the R1 results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back